The Da Vinci code review(How critics can be so wrong)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sexyking
I have seen this film and i can only say what an amazing and breathtaking film, I was entranced during the duration of this film. I think Tom Hanks and Ron Howard did justice to this film and it certainly ranks as one of the best films i have seen all year along with V for vendetta I recommend it, You will be amazed by the scenery and the score as well as emotional and indept character potrayals from hanks and others.

10/10 Says Sexyking Killer Movies resident

shugie99
I myself enjoyed it... I really liked Paul Betany and Ian McCellan...I don't know what the critics were complaining about...it's a popcorn flick and accomplished everything I wanted it to...

Prelude Pianist
Lost my respect for Ian McKellen and Tom Hanks..
Tsk tsk tsk..

sexyking
Originally posted by Prelude Pianist
Tsk tsk tsk..

Why? they both were great the acting was top.

jaden101
i've never read the book so i dont have a point of reference for things such as character portrayal in comparison to the larger scope that a novel has

but as a film i thought the da vinci code was diabolical...the pacing was totally bizarre...it would throw up puzzles and solve them within minutes in the chase to find out what was going on

chronologically there was no sense of what was happening in relation to each other...just a bunch of people who seemed to miraculously be all over the world in a matter of a few hours

with the exception of forrest gump, i've never really rated hanks as an actor...and this done nothing to help

a totally rubbish film that will make a stinking fortune on the back of conspiracy theories about the events surrounding the book

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by sexyking
I have seen this film and i can only say what an amazing and breathtaking film, I was entranced during the duration of this film. I think Tom Hanks and Ron Howard did justice to this film and it certainly ranks as one of the best films i have seen all year along with V for vendetta I recommend it, You will be amazed by the scenery and the score as well as emotional and indept character potrayals from hanks and others.

10/10 Says Sexyking Killer Movies resident

Just like the critics....it's just your opinion.

BackFire
This movie was about average, really nothing stood out.

maniaco
Dont laugh at me, but I havent yet seen the movie, am just looking forward to read the book 1st!! I heard itz super fantastic! I really hope I'll hav it soon in my hands!

C-Dic
I've just heard that Hanks was miscast, and a retard could follow it, given it was dialogue driven and dumbed down. I don't plan to see it personally, so don't misconstrue this as an opinion.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I don't see how they could 'dumb down' the book any further; it was already incredibly dumb.

Re. the book:

"Brown's novel is called a 'page-turner', partly because no one capable of reading without moving their lips would wish to linger over his prose.."

- Philip French, The Observer

It was a pile of shit book and it looks like it's a pile of shit movie. Pile of shit.

sexyking
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Just like the critics....it's just your opinion.

roll eyes (sarcastic) I know thanks for clearing that up

T.M
Tsk tsk tsk..

That's a bit harsh.. personally the only positives from the movie for me were Ian McKellen's and Paul Bettany's performance's.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by sexyking
roll eyes (sarcastic) I know thanks for clearing that up

Oh no problemo dude. Glad to help you. If you need any more things explain to you I'll help you.....sky is blue..grass is green...water is wet....etc...

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
I don't see how they could 'dumb down' the book any further; it was already incredibly dumb.

Re. the book:

"Brown's novel is called a 'page-turner', partly because no one capable of reading without moving their lips would wish to linger over his prose.."

It was a pile of shit book and it looks like it's a pile of shit movie. Pile of shit.

Ya Krunk'd, sometimes your posts make my day. This one was one of them.

T.M
Oh no problemo dude. Glad to help you. If you need any more things explain to you I'll help you.....sky is blue..grass is green...water is wet....etc...

Ancient Greeks said the sky was bronze.... don't know why I would post that.. but they did..

anyway.. this movie bored me.

sexyking

My gosh such wisdom teach me more oh wise one smile

ladygrim
Do you know what makes me laugh with this ... is the fact that there was an up roar about releasing it as a movie and now its like top of the box office in most countries it has been shown

sexyking
Originally posted by ladygrim
Do you know what makes me laugh with this ... is the fact that there was an up roar about releasing it as a movie and now its like top of the box office in most countries it has been shown

Well you know controversy pays as well as gives a huge amount of attention.

johnny cash fan
i hated the movie.
i payed for a mystery thriller, all i got was an overpresented piece of poo.
you couldn't participate in any of the puzzles.
and do i really have to mention the offense towards opus dei.
the albino guy was portraied as some nut who likes to torture himself.
this film just brang ron howard down.
it's the feel disapointed movie of the year! mad miffed no wacko thumb down

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Ya Krunk'd, sometimes your posts make my day. This one was one of them.

Thanks, man. I love you.

Wonderer
Originally posted by maniaco
Dont laugh at me, but I havent yet seen the movie, am just looking forward to read the book 1st!! I heard itz super fantastic! I really hope I'll hav it soon in my hands!
I read the book a couple of months ago, but haven't seen the film yet. The book is utterly masterly written - full of anticipation, good dialogue, fascinating story and stimulating code puzzles. Dan Brown knows exactly how to make you read every chapter as quick as possible. I don't know the validity of the "facts" and frankly it doesn't matter to me - I'm Buddhist anyway.

Wonderer

Re. the book:

I think you're just jealous at Mr. Brown's fortune and skill. Really, the book is brilliantly written in the sense that it has a neatly orchestrated story line, good dialogue, well developed characters, thrill attention quality and also a fascinating subject, irrespective of whether or not it's true facts.

b-ball_chick
Tsk tsk tsk..

I see what you mean.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Wonderer
I think you're just jealous at Mr. Brown's fortune and skill. Really, the book is brilliantly written in the sense that it has a neatly orchestrated story line, good dialogue, well developed characters, thrill attention quality and also a fascinating subject, irrespective of whether or not it's true facts.

Oh, I get it. You're joking, right?

Wonderer
Oh, I get it. You're joking, right?

I'm not joking. It comes down to personal taste, I guess. The book is not very intellectual, but it's still good as a relaxing work of fiction.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Personal preference denotes whether you like the book or not, but it doesn't have "good dialogue" and "well developed characters" by any stretch of the imagination.

BackFire
Haven't read teh book, but if it's anything like the movie it has some of the most cardboard, one dimensional, uninteresting characters in existance.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Then, it would appear that the movie is an extremely faithful adaptation.

Revernd Maynard
Tsk tsk tsk.. Ian McKellen was great, IMO. Tom Hanks on the other hand had this one expression he had for the whole movie, it was pissing me off. And, to me, i thought that they rushed the movie. I mean the book just comes out and takes off, than theres a movie of it already. Ron Howard got ants in his pants to make money for this summer, which he will. But otherwise, this movie was horrible dribble. Being a HUGE Dan Brown fan, i thought they could've done WAY better on following the story a little more closely. They just dabbled in parts. Just seemed poorly put together. Wasn't losing any respect for Ian McKellen, or Tom Hanks. But my respect for Ron Howard went out the window (along with when he did The Grinch laughing ). Because all of his other movies i am a big fan of. But this one. Seemed like a cheesey "Sahara"-esq movie. One of those summer adventure movies when the main charecter is some hunk and their sidekick is some sort of comic relief. Maybe you couldn't see it. But thats just what it seemed like to me.

4/10 at best

Mišt
The line up today was massive for it when I went to X3, I dont get what the fuss is.....isnt it fictional? Who cares then? Doesnt look the least bit interesting....

PrincessMary

The book was brilliant. I haven't yet seen the movie, but would like to. You can't decide whether or not to see a film based on what the critics say-many of them are probably Catholic. I'll make up my own mind when I see the film.

Jenova
This movie presented nothing new that the book and even some History channel documents have already shown. This movie wanted to make me fall asleep due to the inconsistent pacing and the unintuitive dialogue, although some of the dialogue was clever. It's a half decent movie and over $100 milliion wasted in making this movie. Is it worth watching? Once and just barely. But never anything over that.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PrincessMary
The book was brilliant. I haven't yet seen the movie, but would like to. You can't decide whether or not to see a film based on what the critics say-many of them are probably Catholic. I'll make up my own mind when I see the film.

Well, but you can't watch every movie...so why watch this one since it so obviously seems to be shit?

atwork
the davinci code book was incredible the movie makes me want to dive head first into oncoming interstate traffic....and take ron howard with me...the butchered the book and it was a mistake. almost made me cry whne i saw it...tom hanks miscast paul bettany miscast and ian mckellan miscast im ashamed

Evil Dead
I watched it. The story was decent enough and had pretty good acting........it just moved at a snail's pace. Perhaps if they had shaved 45 minutes off the running time it wouldn't have been so boring. After sitting in the theater for over two hours....being bored....they then go on to give like 4 false finishes to the film.....dragging the story on even longer once you believe it's over (if you haven't read the book that is).

DraconianDevil
Paul Bettany a miscast!!!!!!! Where you watching the same movie as me? Are you reading the same Da Vinci code book I read??? Paul Bettany fit the character of Silas perfectly.

Dwight Shrute
I wouldn't say any of them were miscasts, but i would say that they were all either UNDER acting or OVER acting. Silas = Overacting

Hanks = Under acting
Ian = Just the right amount of acting, but horrible job

Morning_Glory
so is this movie worth my measly $8

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Oh dear, what a terrible movie about a terrible book.

vvvrulz
The book, despite having what turned out to be a pretty dumb plot, was actually well written. The charactersiation wasn't great but Dan Brown managed to make it worth reading all the way.

In the movie, its many flaws stood out a lot more because having 1D acting is far more obvious than reading about a 1D character. Should have never really made the big screen.

-Tired Hiker-
I didn't like Tom Hanks as the lead character, and I thought they should have made "Angels And Demons" into a movie rather than "DiVinci."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.