Durge, Asajj, and Mandalore (Canderous) vs. ROTS Obi Wan and Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jollyjim311
Setting: Kamino platforms.

Victor = ?

Razielim
Eh, if Mandalore gets cover I'm sure he could do some damage. Anakin pwned Asajj a few months after AotC, no doubt he can it now (while calm, this time). Durga can tie up Obi-Wan.

Depends. If Mandalore can stay alive and gun like a crazy man, he might make the difference for his team.

DarthSaboteur
Are Asajj and Durge from Obsession or are they from prior sources?

jollyjim311
Obsession.

Darth_Glentract
I'd have to say the trio takes this. I consider Canderous a far better Mandalore then Jango was, and Jango was able give Obi-wan a fair bit of trouble in AOTC. Canderous is more used to fighting Jedi and would be able to last a long time against either Obi-wan or Anakin on his own. Asajj was almost a match for Obi-wan near ROTS and could give either Obi-wan or Anakin a very hard time individually. I can see Asajj and Durge taking out Anakin while Canderous holds off Obi-wan for as long as possible. Anakin should go down before Canderous does. Then the trio gang up and take out Obi-wan.

Razielim
Canderous a better Mandalore than Jango ? I doubt that. We've seen Jango kill Jedi with his bare hands, we know he was the most dangerous in the Galaxy. He also gave Kenobi quite the scuffle.

For future reference of Jango's badassness:

http://swcomics.dreamhoster.org/jangofett/jango_1_06.jpg

http://swcomics.dreamhoster.org/jangofett/jango_1_09.jpg

http://swcomics.dreamhoster.org/jangofett/jango_3_22.jpg

http://swcomics.dreamhoster.org/jangofett/jango_3_23.jpg

Mandalore is no pushover, but all we know is he vaguely killed Jedi during the wars and he became the leader of a shattered Mandalorian clan on Dxun...

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Razielim
Canderous a better Mandalore than Jango ? I doubt that. We've seen Jango kill Jedi with his bare hands, we know he was the most dangerous in the Galaxy. He also gave Kenobi quite the scuffle.
Are you forgetting Kreia's quote?

"They will die a death that will last millennia, until all that remains is their code, their history, and, in the end, the shell of their armor upon the shell of a man, all too easily slain by Jedi."

I would say Canderious is a better Mandalorian...

Razielim
Her quote is too damn vague. What the hell is she even saying?

Sounds like she's pointing out that Mandalorians, in general, are nothing compared to Jedi. Dooku's crew proved that by slaughtering Jango's bunch... But Jango managed to take down a Jedi, as clearly seen.

Darth Avis
Jango would get WTF pwned by a jedi *mace*

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Razielim
Her quote is too damn vague. What the hell is she even saying?
Jango being too easily killed by a Jedi... it's not that hard to figure out.

Razielim
Well, yeah, by Mace Windu. When his jetpack broke.

Still has little to do with Jango vs Canderous. Her quote described Mandalorians in general.

Unlike other Mandalorians though, Jango managed to go toe-to-toe with Jedi in a 1v1 situation and come out on top. That's damn impressive.

truejedi
man, in that comic you are telling me he hits the jedi with a snowball?!?!?!?
oh c'mon... but anyway, i like to think of the movie characters as more powerful than the EU characters simply b/c then it would make since that those are movies, and the other's are just stories that are told. If lucas considered the eu with characters more powerful than the trilogies, why not make the eu stories into movies instead?
so i pick jango over canderous, and obi wan and anaking over this trio. (not that i like the idea of anakin winning anything)
also, i truly have no idea who durge is, and i have read every eu book i can get my hands on. help anyone?

Razielim
2,000 year old killer Robotic looking thingy. Go to wookiepedia (star wars wikicities) to find out. It's not a 100% accurate site but it should have the basic details.

Jonathan Mark
The quote specifically speaks of one man... being too easily killed.

Canderous fought in a massive war against Jedi/Republic, he undoubtedly fought them on the battlefield. He even speaks of this in KOTOR I. He also managed to become the new Mandalore which is a pretty damn good achievement.

Razielim
If that is the case, who was she referring to? Possibly Jango, since we know her foresight abilities can delve 4,000 into the future.

Indeed, Candy was a great war hero, but how he fought them on the battlefield is unknown. There were billions of not trillions of Mandalorians during the war; most of the time, they fought normal Republic troops.

And yes, Candy did kill Jedi. But unless he killed them like Jango did, its not that impressive. Battle Droid 1902919 would be uber because he gunned down a Jedi on Geonosis.

Yep, becoming Mandalore is great; but Jango (and later Boba) both did this.

Blaxican Style
Shall I make a Jango vs. Canderous thread?

Lightsnake
Jango was probably the best Mando who ever lived...this man's taken on armies and walked away.

truejedi
Originally posted by Blaxican Style
Shall I make a Jango vs. Canderous thread?

prob. already been done. its almost impossible to make an orignal thread on here anymore...

Razielim
As far as skill goes, I agree. But legacy-wise, I say Boba has him beat by the NJO.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Jango was probably the best Mando who ever lived...this man's taken on armies and walked away.

Boba has surpassed him.

And yes, Candy did kill Jedi. But unless he killed them like Jango did, its not that impressive.

Are they fighting unarmed? No? I didn't think so. Defeating a Jedi unarmed doesn't mean that Jango is good with weapons. Gosh, a five year old could figure that out.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Jonathan Mark
Are you forgetting Kreia's quote?

"They will die a death that will last millennia, until all that remains is their code, their history, and, in the end, the shell of their armor upon the shell of a man, all too easily slain by Jedi."

I would say Canderious is a better Mandalorian...

Not another quote from...*gasp* Kreia!?!

Darth_Glentract
What do you have against Kreia?

Razielim
Are they fighting unarmed? No? I didn't think so. Defeating a Jedi unarmed doesn't mean that Jango is good with weapons. Gosh, a five year old could figure that out.

That's not what I meant at all. If hundreds of Mandalorians are focus firing at Jedi, they are going to die. Canderous gets the kill. Big whoop, says little about his power considering he only got the last hit in.

If it did say something about his power; random battle droid on Geonosis pwns because it got the last hit on a Jedi.

If he fought them in a 1v1 situation and came out alive (weapons or not), then he's comparable to Jango.

Lightsnake
Defeating a man unarmed may not show you're a good man with weapons, but what Jango has DONE with weapons proves he is.

And the Mandos survived Jango, so Kreia was dead wrong

PurpleSaber
Eh... I say the trio take this. Canderous was a bad ass.

darthsith19
What makes you say that?

jollyjim311
As far as placing Canderous, I'd say in a terrain without cover, he could take out Boba or Jango, just because of his heavy weaponry that could take them down. However, Jango/Boba would be more useful in a fight because of their greater versatility. Canderous is tough as nails and badass, but let's face it, he's just a heavy gun and a good eye. Jango has mobility, a missile, poisonous darts, spores, a grappling hook, blades, a flamethrower, and god knows what else. Canderous has more firepower and against specific opponents may be better, but Jango is, for the most part, more handy.

Anyway, as far as the fight goes, if Anakin or Obi Wan is able to defeat or disable their opponent out of the fight long enough to make their way over to Mandalore while deflecting his shots, Mandalore isn't getting away alive. This would most likely be Asajj who could be defeated. The only time Durge was outclassed was when Anakin beat him up with the force, but if this happened, it would leave clear shots for Mandalore. So, if Anakin fights Durge, while taking some of Mandalores fire and using Durge as cover, Kenobi can fight Asajj. In the meantime Obi Wan takes a while to defeat her, but once he does, he uses his Soresu mastery to deflect Mandalores shots, and work his way over to him. Then, Obi Wan takes out Mandalore. They then attack Durge together and find a way to beat him. The Jedi could win like this, I believe.

Admiral Akbar
Good Post.

Darth Avis
Originally posted by jollyjim311
As far as placing Canderous, I'd say in a terrain without cover, he could take out Boba or Jango, just because of his heavy weaponry that could take them down. However, Jango/Boba would be more useful in a fight because of their greater versatility. Canderous is tough as nails and badass, but let's face it, he's just a heavy gun and a good eye. Jango has mobility, a missile, poisonous darts, spores, a grappling hook, blades, a flamethrower, and god knows what else. Canderous has more firepower and against specific opponents may be better, but Jango is, for the most part, more handy.

Anyway, as far as the fight goes, if Anakin or Obi Wan is able to defeat or disable their opponent out of the fight long enough to make their way over to Mandalore while deflecting his shots, Mandalore isn't getting away alive. This would most likely be Asajj who could be defeated. The only time Durge was outclassed was when Anakin beat him up with the force, but if this happened, it would leave clear shots for Mandalore. So, if Anakin fights Durge, while taking some of Mandalores fire and using Durge as cover, Kenobi can fight Asajj. In the meantime Obi Wan takes a while to defeat her, but once he does, he uses his Soresu mastery to deflect Mandalores shots, and work his way over to him. Then, Obi Wan takes out Mandalore. They then attack Durge together and find a way to beat him. The Jedi could win like this, I believe. yea but whoever is fighting durge will die. Durge has enough weaponry to kill any jedi. Plus mandolore, a good eye and a big gun, can shoot at the jedi fighting durge. with durge and mandalore, the jedi cant win. After that the trio can team up on the last remaining jedi.

Darth_Glentract

Canderous is also skilled with a vibrosword, as was common for Mandalorians of that time. Jango is far inferior to Canderous in melee. Flame throwers don't work against Jedi of Anakin and Obi-wans power, as we saw in AOTC and the clone Wars.

jollyjim311
Well yes, but canonically we don't see Canderous carrying around a vibrosword, so in this match he doesn't have one, just his heavy repeating rifle.

The key to Obi Wan and Anakin's victory would be one of them fighting Asajj alone and defeating her quickly, which most likely won't happen. It could, but it would be tough, I keep having second and third thoughts about the match. Anakin was getting beaten by Durge until Anakin used the force and environment to his advantage. This won't be easy if Mandalore is pumping out fire at him. Maybe if Anakin defeated Asajj quickly while Obi Wan went purely defensive against Mandalore and Durge, until Anakin could help him. Sorry for the change of ideas, but this match is close, that's probably why I made it, huh?

DarthMaul9123
it's funny though how repeatedly in clone wars and stuff when AOTC obiwan killed durge by himself and all the moments when anakin can put his hand in an electric field and break a crystal and the whole thing explode and him survive

Darth_Glentract
Well yes, but canonically we don't see Canderous carrying around a vibrosword, so in this match he doesn't have one, just his heavy repeating rifle.

You misread my post. I said that Mandalorians of his time were commonly trained in the use of vibroswords, which is true. Therefor, Canderous having a vibrosword is canon.

Janus Marius
The Mandalorians DID practice hand to hand, melee, and ranged weaponry, along with war tactics and naval combat. And Canderous lead over all of them. So he's easily the top Mandalorian in any or all of these fields, or at least second or third. Mandalorian leadership philosophy requires -extreme- battle prowess.

jollyjim311
Yeah, I realize he is trained with a vibrosword, but it's not typical for him to be carrying one around. Unless you give him one in either KOTOR game, he will always have a heavy rifle. I mean, Anakin is an amazing pilot, but he shouldn't get his ship for this fight. Mandalore just has his heavy rifle.

Janus Marius
Canderous has the Ordo Clan Heavy Repeater, which can spit out 3-5 rounds per second. It's a nice piece of work.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.