tell the truth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

diabloman
tell the truth of where u get your comics info from.

i admit i got most of my info from all the cards i have.

2nd comicbooks

3rd tv show

Psyquis52
Originally posted by diabloman
tell the truth of where u get your comics info from.

i admit i got most of my info from all the cards i have.

2nd comicbooks

3rd tv show

Interesting.

Between my brother and I we have one of the largest comic book card collections I've ever heard of. We have more than I could possibly remember but I'll try to list some

X-men fleer 1, 2, and 3 (i think)
Spiderman fleer 1
Marvel Masterpieces 1, 2, 3, 4
Ghost Rider
Punisher
Batman (during Knighquest)
Marvel Metal series
There were about 3 sets of Marvel trading cards that I'm not entirely sure what brand they are but one involves a set of 9 cards becoming one giant picture.
The newer Marvel series
Overpower
Not all of the VS but a good number of them.
2 sets of DC
and Marvel vs DC

So you might say that I was influenced by them but I would like to think my comic books pervade my desicions foremost.

diabloman
i have plenty of crossovers myself. i dont like some of the comics today cause there mostly stories. i like read the comics wheres theres fights. like a comic book hulk vs jugg for example

outarddwarf
you would probably like Hulk and Thing:hard knocks than

diabloman
Originally posted by outarddwarf
you would probably like Hulk and Thing:hard knocks than i have a set where they go at it and was kidna boring.

Psyquis52
I have quite a few crossovers and I won't list them but suffice to say that it was a strong personal interest of mine.

I also have every issue of Darkhawk including Annuals which makes me an official loser.

DigiMark007
Most of mine is from actual comics. Anymore, I don't trust anything else (TV, movies, video games, etc.). They're entertaining, but I don't treat them as 'information' in the strictest sense.

And I can't afford too many comics, but a great local book store lets people come in and read whatever they want. I buy stuff when I can, but that's where I do most of my reading. The downside is, they are kinda behind so I have to wait a while to read stuff. For example, they won't have Infinite Crisis (the collection, not the TPB's) until August. erm

But still...not bad for free.

diabloman
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Most of mine is from actual comics. Anymore, I don't trust anything else (TV, movies, video games, etc.). They're entertaining, but I don't treat them as 'information' in the strictest sense.

And I can't afford too many comics, but a great local book store lets people come in and read whatever they want. I buy stuff when I can, but that's where I do most of my reading. The downside is, they are kinda behind so I have to wait a while to read stuff. For example, they won't have Infinite Crisis (the collection, not the TPB's) until August. erm

But still...not bad for free. lol i dont think anyone gets any info from the videogames. and yah every now and then i go to the store and they let us stay there as long as we want reading them. but i only take the ones home that i really like. lots of those guys there they just pick it up real quick just by looking at the cover and put it with there collection in there hands.

grey fox
I can admit.....The Interent. Also you guy's.

badabing
Most of my info comes from memory and the respect threads. I just got back into comics within the last 6 months.

Sixth_Winged
1. comics - I usually download them first to see if they're good and use it to get issues I don't really plan on spendin a cent. If i like them enough, i buy them and if it's a major crossover or a part of my collection, i buy them right away.
2. Websites: Wikipedia, Marveldirectory, titan's towers, Leader's footnotes, Marvel.com, hyperborea.org, corvusonline.net, etc.
3. Comic forums. CBR, comixtreme, SHH, SHC, comicboards, alvaro's, buzzscope, CX, CXF, animenation, newsarama, etc
4. Handbooks. Never trust them in a debate for finding info since almost all are usually 60-40% reliable.

Mindship
Where do I get my info from?
1. Google/the web
2. Comics and related mags (eg, Wizard)
3. The more informed KMC members

diabloman
with info on KMC its 50/50 not always true the info u get here from others.

diabloman
im so so with the info back then cause i really dont have any old books. my grandpa had some old ones but he gave them to my older cousin before hi was borin. he gave him fantastic 4 #1 cap #1 and my other cousins they tore them apart when they where little. lol guess he didnt put them in a safe place which was stupid.

littleredhat
I subscribe to my favorites,pick up most other's at the comic shop, and somtimes I pick some up at the supermarket.

You'd be suprised how many comics are at countrymart. big grin

Dynamic One
I get my info from comics, respect threats.

Nataku8188
Comics.

LordKaos
Being a god all knowledge comes from me, and comics.

King KAM
i used to get it all from my cards, and TV....

but around last november i started reading comics.....I have read over 1500 since then...and read an average of 100 a month.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.