Young Hannibal Lecter movie??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pandemoniac
Apparently upcoming: Young Hannibal

Based on the new Hannibal Lecter prequel novel from author Thomas Harris, which will center on how Hannibal watched his young sister get killed and eaten by hungry soldiers in war-ravaged Lithuania during WWII. The movie will take place at three pivotal moments of Hannibal's life. It is the fourth book dealing with the Doctor, who first appeared in "Red Dragon," and subsequently in "The Silence of the Lambs" and "Hannibal"

Now Hannibal Lecter is definitely one of the more interesting killers in cinema, but would this work? About all 'young' attempts on famous characters have failed, and this must be the most far sought attempt of them all. Above that I appreciate the mystery around Lecter, his style and the cause of his behaviour, it adds to his character.
Personally, I think this will be more of a disappointment instead of a glorious revealing...

hayden's minx
Hmm, they could maybe make it work... Is it going to be flashback style do you know?
It would have a better chance of being alright if Anthony Hopkins was on board.

Pandemoniac
Not much info around yet, but it seems to be a straight chronologic movie, with no Sir Hopkins in it (which indeed could make it interesting; having him explain his past through flashbacks).

What I picked up:

Directed by: Peter Webber
Written by: Thomas Harris
Cast: Gong Li, Gaspard Ulliel, Rhys Ifans
Studio: TBA

roughrider
Because Thomas Harris is involved, there is reason to think it will be good. No Lecter film has been made that didn't have his involvement; writing the book it was based on or otherwise.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.