X-Men: The Last Stand Discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheOnes2
It was a really good movie. I cant be bothered to post a review this late so ask me questions and i'll be happy to answer them

wannabe
I have to agree. For my taste a little too many mutants and action, but overall satisfying.
The best thing for me was the Phoenix. Even though she did not appear with her comic fire bird image, she was a lot more frightening than in the comics...really scary!!! shock shocking scared
The worst thing for me was, that Angel was nothing more than a shallow plot device. mad disgust mad

Hint...Wait until after the credits...it's worth it! yes

TheOnes2
Wannabe, atleast we got the Phoenix Flame. And Angel saving his dad was.....not needed. He had no development then Callisto and co try and push his dad off the building only to be saved by his son, who he wanted to change? Please...

But over all, really good (some scenes were too rushed)

X-3: 8/10

X-2: 8.9/10

X-1: 6/10

allofyousuckkk
ya, his dad doesnt like something bout him, so he should let someone kill his dad...reasonable?

why wouldnt he sae his dad...he wanted him to be normal

zslick
okay yea people the last time i saw x-men cartoons was about ten or twelve and now im nineteen along ass time ago the comics too so im wonderin people who the hell is collisto and psylocke???

wannabe
Originally posted by TheOnes2
Wannabe, atleast we got the Phoenix Flame. And Angel saving his dad was.....not needed. He had no development then Callisto and co try and push his dad off the building only to be saved by his son, who he wanted to change? Please...

But over all, really good (some scenes were too rushed)

X-3: 8/10

X-2: 8.9/10

X-1: 6/10 I can very well live with Jean not showing her bird image...the film version is sooo much scarier and more frightening than the comic version, i almost wetted myself when Xavier confronted her...COOL!
Nice to see Storm actually fighting and flying around.
Yes to everything you said about Angel etc.

Btw...the thing after the credits...wasn't that awesome (and relieving)?!

X-1 7/10
X-2 9/10
X-3 8/10

FrothByte
It was a pretty good movie, and I appreciated how it didn't mind to be a bit more violent than the first two movies. I mean, jean obliterating the prof came as a shock to me. but i loved it.

Also, wolverine was shown as a lot more tactical and a better fighter than when he was portrayed as a simple berserker in the first two films.

If ever they make a sequel, they should make it Age of Apocalypse, since most of the main Xmen already died and in AoA only a little xmen are left.

The only bad thing about the movie was that I wish they could have given colossus more screen time. I really love that character. I was kinda waiting for him and juggernaut to clobber each other... but to no avail.

Ritoshi
So Is spiderman in it ?
What happen to the juggernaut ?
Did Wolvie do anything ?
How much of nasty beast do you see ?
How long was the movie ?

FrothByte
Originally posted by Ritoshi
So Is spiderman in it ?
What happen to the juggernaut ?
Did Wolvie do anything ?
How much of nasty beast do you see ?
How long was the movie ?

Spidey wasn't in it.
Juggy's part was like sabertooth's in the first movie. Magneto's big man.
Wolvie did a lot. Like 60% of the movie
Beast was mostly in a suit, but he did have ample screen time and only 1 fight scene.
the movie was around 104 mins.

wsg
WHAT THING AFTER THE CREDITS!!!??!?!! IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS!!!

thanks...

zslick
yes my the actor juggernant made a agreement to be signed to the other x-men movies four and five!!! or contract how ever you see it as!!

Ritoshi
Sabertooth and Lady death were signed for 2 movies and well..there dead...

Ms Hyde
I haven't seen this yet. Comes out today.
The review I've seen and read seems to think the 3rd is not as good as the first two... will have to decide for myself when I watch it later this week smile

TheOnes2
"WHAT THING AFTER THE CREDITS!!!??!?!! IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS!!!"

Proffessor X is shown in another body (moria mctaggart if im not mistaken)

rianna_d
I'm disappointed with this movie, I enjoyed it but... there was something missing... and yes... the end gave me hope for another X movie!!!
(I meant the scene at the end of the credits!)

Still, I'm having mixed feelings about this... sad

Xam

Proffessor X is shown in another body (moria mctaggart if im not mistaken)

THX ALOT!!!! mad

stick out tongue oh well now i know who dies...

wannabe

Proffessor X is shown in another body (moria mctaggart if im not mistaken) Pity, that you told him...would have been a nice surprise for the others. sad
And you ARE mistaken!!! (now that the secret is out i can explain how)
In the beginning of the film Charles gives an ethics lesson with an example of a brain dead but otherwise healthy man, who could be the vessel for the psyche of a man suffering from lethal cancer, and if that would be ok or not. The brain dead man is treated by Moira McTaggart, a friend of Charles.
So after the credits, the room in which the patient is treated is shown. Moira is standing at the instruments and suddenly the man begins to speak with Xavier's voice, greeting Moira, and she, full in shock, just asks: "Charles?" END

When Jean disintegrated Charles (most horrifying scene of the film imo, gives you the creeps!), i already assumed that he transfered his mind into another body (those telepaths do that every now and then in the comics), but i thought it would be Wolverine's, because he was the last person Charles looked at. But the Brain-Dead-Man-Version is way better i think.

RogueWitch
i saw it yesterday. I thought it was really good although it could have been a little longer.

It was so sad sometimes though cry

wsg
So lemme get this straight... Prof appearse inside another dude's bod then speaks to "Moira MacTaggert"? Then it just cuts off with La Fin!!!!???

Prince Nauj
Intresting!!!

BakaXero
I'm not usually in these parts of the forums... but after watching this movie... i want my money back!!!
what the **** is with everyone dying?
not too mention my favourite character didn't even make it into the movie. {gambit}
overdone and too basic of a plot no expression not happy
basically 2min screen time for each character in the movie give or take.
was so pissed didn't say to see what ever the credits had too offer

T.M
Originally posted by BakaXero
I'm not usually in these parts of the forums... but after watching this movie... i want my money back!!!
what the **** is with everyone dying?
not too mention my favourite character didn't even make it into the movie. {gambit}
overdone and too basic of a plot no expression not happy
basically 2min screen time for each character in the movie give or take.
was so pissed didn't say to see what ever the credits had too offer

I agree.. I was looking forward to this movie.. and I left feeling very disappointed.

Prince Nauj
does storm have a bigger role?

T.M
Yes she does.

TheOnes2
I had very low expectations for this movie and i left feeling satisfied.

Prince Nauj
Originally posted by T.M
Yes she does.
does she fly a lot at least?

rianna_d
Yep, she has a bigger role than in the previous 2 movies. And flies a lot more. wink

Prince Nauj
that sounds sexual

Ritoshi
How they beat Juggs, don't tell me kitty kills the bastard!!

mYsTiquE_DuDe
Does Psylocke has bigger part?What are her powers?Does she fight?
Tell me everything about her role and appearence,PLEASE!

BakaXero
Originally posted by mYsTiquE_DuDe
no-don't think i heard her say a thing. -camoflage -sorta she dies no expression

BakaXero
How they beat Juggs, don't tell me kitty kills the bastard!!
he got defeated by using his head no expression

sorry bout the double posting

Martinus
I ve seen it and I think this is one the worst super heroes movie Ive seen!!
The story was very poor and the new characters where in the movie cause they wanted to add some new ones, Warren story was really bad and his performance in the movie very poor. It could be better.

It wasnt good from the begining, when they where in the training room (the ones that survived in the end) and they where fighting against a sentinel. WHY WAS A SENTINEL IN THERE?? HOW DID THEY KNOW THEM IF THEY DIDNT FIGTH THEM BEFORE?? What happened with Nightcrawler?? The part thay Magneto took the bridge to get to the isle was rally unnecesary and how could it be hanging there when Magneto left it?? Then when they get down from it its suddenly night!! Too many mistakes. The only thing that Warren do is saving his father and he will be removed in the next one as Nightcrawler for sure, why the mutants didnt kill his father like they did with the woman?? They have to take him to the roof so he can be saved, LOL.
The battles are very poor ( Pyro vs Iceman ) and the final one is really boring, nothing in special. The worst XMEN movie so far! I really liked the others.

Martinus
AND YOU CANT KILL CYCLOPS AND XAVIER!! Who did this movie?? Cyclops is a very important character and one of the best Xmen, you just can kill him like this! The director never gave him the importance that he diserves, and now he kills him, WORST IDEA EVER!! What good characters are left? Only Wolverine and Storm, the other ones sux!! Im an Xmen fan and I cannot see how you can ruin a film like this!! They way that Jane killed averybody was really bad, too much 3D, only poligons in the air. Juggernaught is just another evil mutant, LOL. It seems that the director doesnt know anything about the Xmen story!!

IM VERY ANGRY!!!! LOL

Ritoshi
the worst super heroes movie Ive seen!! < lets not get carried away mr. spoiler. You have not seen catwoman,elektra and others yet. I doubt it will be even worse than the eh movie slike dare devil,hulk,punisher

Martinus
LOL, youre right, I wanted to add one of the worsts Ive ever seen, but didnt type it right. Those are really bad too.

TheOnes2
Actualy, Jug's got tricked by kitty to charge at them, and he was depowered by leech and bashed his head on the wall

BakaXero
Quick question...
doesn't Jugganuat's power come from his suit? and aint he Xavier's half brother?

Ritoshi
Originally posted by BakaXero
Quick question...
doesn't Jugganuat's power come from his suit? and aint he Xavier's half brother? Comes from a Crystal, and yes half brother step brother candy man thing

TheOnes2
But in the movie, his power is a normal mutation.

Martinus
I dont like how was an Xmen trilogy turned into a Wolverines trilogy. All good mutants destroyed or with no powers, including mystique ( ok she is hotter as no mutant).

Darth Dean
It would've been a good movie if: the deaths weren't so... easy

Ritoshi
But in the movie, his power is a normal mutation. Keywords in movie.

Storm
Originally posted by mYsTiquE_DuDe
I agree with Edward Douglas his critique when he says that the number of mutants have gotten out of control, and there' s no way that all of them could possibly get the amount of screen time or focus they deserve. Because of that, they all get their moments and then are quickly discarded or forgotten. If they' re brought in for little more then eyecandy factor, then I' d sooner not have them in.

That' s what happens to Psylocke.

I don' t think enough time is given to Rogue and her dilemma as well.

Disappear
her name's "jean," not jane. some x-fan, you.

sounds like your major gripe was that you didn't understand anything. everything with nightcrawler and the sentinels is/was explained in the x-3 game, so that's a plot hole that just doesn't exist. cyke's death was due to a) marsden's decision to back out of the franchise, and b) the need for a difference to be set between the conscious jean and the subconscious phoenix.

as for juggernaut, would you really rather have had the step-brother, gem of cyttorak, korean war history tying up an already complex plot?

dherbolario
personally..i don't blame ratner for directing this movie...i like hte way he did it...it looked as if singer directed it to me...i do however actually blame singer for screwing over fox...after singer left..he took his idea's for x3...the writers of x1 and x2...and james marsden all over to superman returns...fox had to start from scratch...which means get new writers and start all over...this movie completely lacked character development...except for beat and kitty pryde...i don't feel any emotional connection to any of the new mutans...juggernaut or multiple man to name a few....however the action was spectacular..i'll give ratner that...tha'ts just my 2 cents..

RogueWitch
I'm with disappear. Also Magneto took the bridge so that he was able to cross over, it was held there beacuse it had support... you're questions and complaints are tiny details that are almost completely unimportant if the they aren't explained in the first place.

Also, it wasn't the director who wrote the script pal, so saying that he didn't give scott the importance that he deserves is completely wrong. and , the director Brett Ratner said himself that he has always read comics as a kid and dreamed of creating a comic movie, so yes he does know smth about X-Men and again the director wasn't the writter...

Martinus
First of all, cyclops is one of the most important and popular characters of the x men and the director never gave him the importance that he diserves. I dont mind what the hell was this director thinking when he did that of what he wanted to explain but he just cant kill a character with so history behind and so many fans just because of that. "cyke" was in the comic since the beggining and he ( maybe not as popular ) is very important as wolverine for the xmen, and maybe more important in older times, and he just cant kill him like that, he is no one to do it, i think that this is when the character is more important than the person.
You could be right about the video games, I didnt play them but I think that movies shouldnt be attached to viedo games, cause most of people that go to the cinemas doesnt play them. Maybe he shouldnt do such short films, he could use more time to explain more ( as Warren story ).
Juggernaught is a very amazing character with so much history behind him, and the director destroyed him in this movie, first of all he s a non mutant so he couldnt be beatten like that. He took him as another bad mutant and he s more than that, he didnt show that hes half brother of Xavier, things like that makes me feel like the director have no idea about xmen, cause you dont have to be a huge fan to know about it.
If you want to know more about the mutilations that he had suffered pls read:
//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juggernaut_%28comics%29

Martinus
The mutants are added in a very forced way, it seems that the more mutants he shows the better movie he makes. I dont like it at all. I wanna see characters, and story behind them, I dont wanna see the movie and say, Oh, just another mutant. I just dont know what happened from X2 to X3. Why did they do that?

Voracious
Agree what you said about the action scenes comapred to the 1 & 2 which Singer helmed , the C G I was extremely poor. For X-1 when i saw how storm came out of the elevator to fry toad I almost laughed.

Ratner did a good job but why Cyclops and Jean were killed I have no clue and what does the last part actually trying to tell us ? Is there a possibility of an X-4 ?

The Pheonix was done well and Jean looked scary and menacing but the other mutants could have been given more screen time. There was an emotional scene when storm and wolverine realized what happend to Xavier and Jean with Wolverine in the lab. Ratner came through with his directing and i was pretty pleased with what he did with X-3 with mind blowing C G I effects unlike what Singer didn't do. The 1 st and 2 nd X-men made me feel sleepy.

RogueWitch
Originally posted by Martinus
First of all, cyclops is one of the most important and popular characters of the x men and the director never gave him the importance that he diserves. I dont mind what the hell was this director thinking when he did that of what he wanted to explain but he just cant kill a character with so history behind and so many fans just because of that. "cyke" was in the comic since the beggining and he ( maybe not as popular ) is very important as wolverine for the xmen, and maybe more important in older times, and he just cant kill him like that, he is no one to do it, i think that this is when the character is more important than the person.
You could be right about the video games, I didnt play them but I think that movies shouldnt be attached to viedo games, cause most of people that go to the cinemas doesnt play them. Maybe he shouldnt do such short films, he could use more time to explain more ( as Warren story ).
Juggernaught is a very amazing character with so much history behind him, and the director destroyed him in this movie, first of all he s a non mutant so he couldnt be beatten like that. He took him as another bad mutant and he s more than that, he didnt show that hes half brother of Xavier, things like that makes me feel like the director have no idea about xmen, cause you dont have to be a huge fan to know about it.

I know cyke's an important character and all, but the movies are an alternate universe and so can be moved along whatever path the writters choose. They are based on the comics though they follow their own story-line, you have to understand that...

There are so many mutants, you can't build up their stories in the movies, it's just too much. Do you expect them to spend half an hour on each character to explain their backgrounds and history? that take forever.

I think with the material they had and the idea of putting some mutants that we know about instead of just throwing in unknown ones, the movie was very well done.

You have to think about it as a movie.

Darth Jello
I think the biggest thing that bugged me was that phoenix's powers made me think of a bad case of exzyma

hawkwind
okay i will say this i was disappointed. best use of powers i thought was kitty pride and leech was done okay i guess. beasts fight sequence was cool i liked the sentinel i did not expect prof and cyke to get killed i really wanted to see full on phoenix force (i wanted her to destroy everything) did not like callisto did not like arclight(she didn't talk)
the movie was crap i am ashamed to be an x-men fan

Britrogue
I ve seen it and I think this is one the worst super heroes movie Ive seen!!
The story was very poor and the new characters where in the movie cause they wanted to add some new ones, Warren story was really bad and his performance in the movie very poor. It could be better.

It wasnt good from the begining, when they where in the training room (the ones that survived in the end) and they where fighting against a sentinel. WHY WAS A SENTINEL IN THERE?? HOW DID THEY KNOW THEM IF THEY DIDNT FIGTH THEM BEFORE?? What happened with Nightcrawler?? The part thay Magneto took the bridge to get to the isle was rally unnecesary and how could it be hanging there when Magneto left it?? Then when they get down from it its suddenly night!! Too many mistakes. The only thing that Warren do is saving his father and he will be removed in the next one as Nightcrawler for sure, why the mutants didnt kill his father like they did with the woman?? They have to take him to the roof so he can be saved, LOL.
The battles are very poor ( Pyro vs Iceman ) and the final one is really boring, nothing in special. The worst XMEN movie so far! I really liked the others.

I disagree. I think this is the best installment of the three and by far the best storyline.
I think that the running time was far too short and I agree that the new mutants were not given the screentime they deserved. In fact, it appeared almost "rushed" in places.
Personally, I didn't like the opening of the film, but that's only because I liked the "Xavier Monologue" in the first two films. That's me being picky LOL! The scenes themselves were beautifully done, Xavier and Magneto were convicing at being twenty years younger, and the young Warren scene showed us how Warren desperately wanted to please his father. I think Ben Foster pulled off the almost tragic character that is Angel, who's mutant power is difficult to hide.
I cannot understand for the life of me how you could say the bridge scene was unnecessary! Ok, Magneto can fly. So can Jean. Can the rest of the Brotherhood? Erm......no. Therefore the Bridge scene was essential for Magneto to get the Brotherhood to the "inacessable" island of Alcatraz. However, I must confess that I also noticed how it was daylight when the bridge landed at Alcatraz and then suddenly it was nightime!
The battles were NOT poor, the Pyro V Iceman fight was cool, Iceman "iced up" was cleverly done, and as for the end fight with Phoenix.....hello? She was downright terrifying! It was chilling.

BILLYBILLYBOB

BILLYBILLYBOB
Oh did I say the movie sucked?

yea, I did.

My rating: Money best used buying a dildo and sitting on it (it will hurt less than watching such crap.

Britrogue
AND YOU CANT KILL CYCLOPS AND XAVIER!! Who did this movie?? Cyclops is a very important character and one of the best Xmen, you just can kill him like this! The director never gave him the importance that he diserves, and now he kills him, WORST IDEA EVER!! What good characters are left? Only Wolverine and Storm, the other ones sux!! Im an Xmen fan and I cannot see how you can ruin a film like this!! They way that Jane killed averybody was really bad, too much 3D, only poligons in the air. Juggernaught is just another evil mutant, LOL. It seems that the director doesnt know anything about the Xmen story!!

IM VERY ANGRY!!!! LOL

I take it you didn't stay to the end of the credits to watch the final scene?
I am as upset as anyone else to see Cyclops die. But unfortunately, it HAD to happen. James Marsden made a choice to pull out of the franchise, and nothing sucks more than replacing a character with another actor. I absolutely HATE that. So, it had to happen and served as a terrible tragedy that could be used to explain why Jean gave into the darker side of her personality.
Who the hell is Jane? LOL...and you say you are a fan? And BTW, the director doesn't write the script.

BILLYBILLYBOB
Britrirogue... stop using the Jean - Jane misspell as a point to prove anything. I think I haver read this twice in this post...

Third time I will puke my brains out. This is a forum, my spelling sucks and I do not double check internet posts on lousy forums so I take it martinus did the same thing, and instead of saying: "Ha u wrote JAne instead of Jean u deserve to die!" I just move on to saying how much the movie sucked, which did and in which I fully agree with this guy.

If you liked this movie there is something wrong with you and you probably need medicine, or therapy or a hardcore combination of both.

BILLYBILLYBOB

Britrogue
I agree with you there Strom. I think that was my major bugbearer. We were promised by all the insiders that Rogue would have a key part to the film. Apart from that one scene with Wolvie, nothing was really made of her plight at all. And when the hell did she kick ass? She is my favourite character, but to be honest, there wasn't much point in her being there at all.

Britrogue
Originally posted by BILLYBILLYBOB
Britrirogue... stop using the Jean - Jane misspell as a point to prove anything. I think I haver read this twice in this post...

Third time I will puke my brains out. This is a forum, my spelling sucks and I do not double check internet posts on lousy forums so I take it martinus did the same thing, and instead of saying: "Ha u wrote JAne instead of Jean u deserve to die!" I just move on to saying how much the movie sucked, which did and in which I fully agree with this guy.

If you liked this movie there is something wrong with you and you probably need medicine, or therapy or a hardcore combination of both.

I apologise for not reading every post before I decide to post my own input. I just thught that was pretty funny. I wasn't saying anyone should die, nor was I giving anyone a hard time.
There is absolutely NO need to insult me or anyone else who liked this movie by saying that there is something wrong with us. I'm sorry, but that is extremely childish and I think you really need to take a bit of a breather and grow up a little. In none of my posts have I insulted anyone for saying that they did not like the film. In fact, if you re-read them, I actually agree with martinus on some of his points. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I have simply given mine. It has no effect on anyone else, nor should you be offended because someone may disagree with you.
Do NOT insult me so needlessly again. As I understand it, that is against the rules on this forum.

hawkwind
jump harnesses rule i use one all the time. but yes the common mutant power to suck it big time was quite prevalent and i loved the cheesy beast jumping into action pose. what did this movie need? a better script a better director better effects ,onslaught, wolverine getting the adamantium ripped out. a female marrow, mr sinister, why does magneto get the villain credit all the time.anyway tell all your friends and even your enemies not to go see this crap

BILLYBILLYBOB

BILLYBILLYBOB
You know, I gave it a second thought.

The movie sucked A LOT!

Alovon
My problem didn't come from the gapping logic holes, the graphics, the prolific deaths, or the absence/underdevelopment of characters. I had a problem with the fact that the story had been scaled down into a love story. Sure, the love story had always been there, but the main plot had always been bigger than that, bigger than Scot, Jean, and, yes, even Logan. That's why there were so many mutants, it was a world spanning story. What happened to Rogue's struggle with herself and perhaps even realization that she was that way for a reason? What happened to the grey spaces? What happened to anything other than fighting?

BILLYBILLYBOB
I saw it, it sucks. Save your money buy more comics if you like them... or just go and see this lousy movies. Yes!! a superheore movie can suck more than daredevil!!!

sagistar
i have to say that i agree with alovon about the action. there was one very two scenes it was crazy. i think the movie really lacked a script, some of the things the characters said, though it was amusing, it didn't seem very much in character..but maybe thats jst me. the special fects were good, jean looked so creepy, but i felt like there was much content in the movie so as that u cudn't really feel for the characters. like when xavier died, i was jst like..wot? and the thing with rogue really shud have been a big thing, infact the cure really should have made a bigger impact within the school and caused more tention between the various characters.

overall, i gess it wasn't a horrible moive, but really i expected more from it.

T.M
Originally posted by Prince Nauj
does she fly a lot at least?

She does fly more than in the other movies...

Nactous
That movie was so bad, just the thought of it makes me mad. X-Men ended at X2 for me.

wannabe

IM VERY ANGRY!!!! LOL 1) Cyclop's actor wanted out of the franchise...what better way than to let him be killed by the woman he loves, to show that the situation is really bad and she is really no longer the person we knew?!

2) Charles is not dead!!! You would have noticed that, if you would have waited until after the credits.
Nonetheless, his confrontation with Phoenix was (imo) the strongest and by far the most frightful scene in all of the X-movies. It let me think: "How can this possibly be solved, now that Charles is gone?"

3) I liked very much, that the mutants died that fast and in such number ...makes the whole situation more realistic and the danger posed by Phoenix more acute.

4) Really bad in this film for me were only Rouge's and Angel's (practically non existing) parts and perhaps a little too much action. Otherwise i liked it a lot and even appreciated the changes they made (i don't like 1:1 / book:film adaptions).

bigben
i think the movie was fantastic. you guys are being WAY to picky about it. the movies can't be exactly like the comics. i do wish the movie was longer, but you couldn't possibly fill in as much background and character developement as you people are demanding.

plus, these movies are trying to pull in people who aren't already huge X-Men fans. It would be too much to make every single thing consistent.

story line was great. cg was mind blowing. I felt emotional attachment all through the movie. stop being so anal and just enjoy it!

Ritoshi
I think people might be over reacting, the movie couldn't be the worse shit on the face of the planet.

Jazzman_78
I think it's suffering from the over-hyped expectations that were placed on it. That, and a lot of these people were thinking/hoping it would be just like the comics. Wierd, since the first two weren't at all like the comics. I don't see why people chose now to get dissapointed with that. I haven't seen it myself yet, but because I've soaked up all the spoilers I have a pretty good idea how it goes. This is an adaptation people. Just think of it as yet another alternate universe. Like Ultimate X-Men. Same characters, different story/background/allegience/fate for most of them. The movies aren't doing anything the comics didn't, as far as changing the story. Of course people can feel how they want. I'm sure that not everyone was a fan of Ultimate X-Men, just they had the proper perspective on the story when they decided if they liked it or not.

J-Unit

OB1-adobe
the worst super heroes movie Ive seen!! < lets not get carried away mr. spoiler. You have not seen catwoman,elektra and others yet. I doubt it will be even worse than the eh movie slike dare devil,hulk,punisher

No shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This guy just blurbed out the entire fuking movie in a rant.

What is he a noob?

Omy god I just checked.
He registered yesterfukingday

FistOfThe North
^ thank goodness i just came from seeing X3, lol

to bad anyway. it was a typical normal xmen movie.

Where was the last stand...And the whole magneto thing, how fckd up is that. The director committed alot of character atrocities and spat at the comics rendition.

Ratner's view blew.

Ritoshi
Good god why did it suck ass, what made x2 better ?

FistOfThe North
What made pt.2 better?

1. Night crawler

2. 10x better than it's predecessor

3. Better story than 3

4. Corney one liners were kept to a minimum

and i could keep going.

Ritoshi
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
What made pt.2 better?

1. Night crawler

2. 10x better than it's predecessor

3. Better story than 3

4. Corney one liners were kept to a minimum

and i could keep going.

Nightcrawler wasn't in batman begins but it wwas still good. bah Nightcrawler only had one good part in part 2 so....

ok better story than 3 is the only thing you could use in your list.

Ritoshi
Ok here is a couple more questions...What parts did anyone like about the movie. Were the actions scenes even good!!. If so many people died then how is it not emotional ?

wannabe
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Where was the last stand...And the whole magneto thing, how fckd up is that. The director committed alot of character atrocities and spat at the comics rendition. Thank god he did!!!
I'm a huge fan of the X-Men comics for about 20 years now, but i couldn't imagine anything more boring than a 1:1 film adaption of one of the comic story lines.
It would be uninspired, without any surprises, look rather ridiculous and be most likely nothing for those who don't read the comics (and are the majority of those who make a film successful in the theaters, btw).
I see the films more as an alternate reality like the ultimate universe, than as a portrayal of the current 616 X-universe...and i really like them this way!!! yes

allofyousuckkk
only thing that p/oed me was that mystique got cured right at the beginning and that angel, rogue and countless others had barely any part in it. Why introduce them if they do nothing? Other than that, it was really good. Oh ya, I hate how everything somehow ends with wolverine saving the day. He isn't that strong. Bastard.

Now I hear they are making another wolverine movie. WTF? We need a new main character. Jackman plays his part very well, but the wolverine part has been way overdone.

office jesus

Okay. Dude. Seriously. Stfu about Ratner. If you want to blame someone, blame the writers.

Ritoshi
It X1 was ok..it couldn't be as x1 is

OB1-adobe

I agree. I'm thinking this person is like 15, and has not seen:

Catwoman
Elektra
Batman and Robin
Superman III & IV
Batman Forever
Captain America
1970's Spider-man, Captain Amerca, and wonder woman

Just because it was little disapointing, well tough

Like I said, and have said with star wars for years..Its over move on.

I havnt seen it yet, but I hear its not as bad as the above listed.

This also the first time were we had a super hero franchise stay consistent with the same cast, the special effects didn't detiorate as the movies progressed, and the overall look of the films didn't go from one way to all neon and cheap sets.

Jimmy Buggs
This one was the best of the three.

Xam
wtf guys...WTFFFFFF...its the best movie so far...i mean cmon,u dont need cyclops n jean to make a good xmen movie...n xavier will be back for the fourth i am sure they will make it

Ritoshi
They said pretty much not a 4th one depending on how this one does because they did plant seeds for another one but they are doing alot of spin offs like Wolverine and Magneto and maybe some others.

Flavio

Xam

Martinus
1) Cyclop's actor wanted out of the franchise...what better way than to let him be killed by the woman he loves, to show that the situation is really bad and she is really no longer the person we knew?!

Of course he wanted to get out of the franchise, every actor should get out of the franchise. He should realised that what they were doing was insane not giving the importance that the main characters needed in every film. They only focused in Wolverine. Its an xmen movie!!! Cyclops is as important as Wolverine. They never care about Cyclops, Rougue, etc , main characters of xmen. And for worse, they are taking apart the best ones, and adding those sad and bad developed, Iceman and Colossus.
I think James Marsden was not the first one to go, they had to kill others or turn them into humans unnecesary. And really cool mutants like Mystique. Let me check who is not going to be if they make a fourth movie: Patrick Stewart, James Marsden, Rebecca Romijn and Ian McKellen ( ok, he could get the powers again and again the same evil mutant ). Yeah cool one, lets make a movie with Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry, Why dont we call it WOLVERINE??

Martinus
I agree. I'm thinking this person is like 15, and has not seen:

Catwoman
Elektra
Batman and Robin
Superman III & IV
Batman Forever
Captain America
1970's Spider-man, Captain Amerca, and wonder woman

Lol, youre wrong, im 24 and ive seen old time super heroes movies, and grown up watching superman and justice league.
I havent seen Elecktra or Catwoman cause they were obviously bad movies. I expected much more about X3 and now ive seen it, i think that Elektra and Catwoman wouldnt be so bad.
It was a dissapointing movie for me, from the begining to the end, can you put your critic and dont care about what im saying?? Its my point of view.

Flavio
Nah, but the short running time is responsible for the lack of development for characters like Rogue, to full understand the cure (we should have more ethical discussion on it), characters like Kavita Rao and Moira are just there to be there...why to call such amazing and known actresses to have two lines? i really wish we got more time, at least to dig all the deaths. When i was still catching the fact that Professor died, there was big scenes right after. In X2, you fully felt for Jean. Now, when she died, i was like "Meh" because we didnt even have time to get an affection for her, even though we watched the other movies...the characters in general had no soul sad

Xam
1) Cyclop's actor wanted out of the franchise...what better way than to let him be killed by the woman he loves, to show that the situation is really bad and she is really no longer the person we knew?!

Of course he wanted to get out of the franchise, every actor should get out of the franchise. He should realised that what they were doing was insane not giving the importance that the main characters needed in every film. They only focused in Wolverine. Its an xmen movie!!! Cyclops is as important as Wolverine. They never care about Cyclops, Rougue, etc , main characters of xmen. And for worse, they are taking apart the best ones, and adding those sad and bad developed, Iceman and Colossus.
I think James Marsden was not the first one to go, they had to kill others or turn them into humans unnecesary. And really cool mutants like Mystique. Let me check who is not going to be if they make a fourth movie: Patrick Stewart, James Marsden, Rebecca Romijn and Ian McKellen ( ok, he could get the powers again and again the same evil mutant ). Yeah cool one, lets make a movie with Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry, Why dont we call it WOLVERINE??

Cyclops wasent doing much anyways...jean had to die,if they make a fourth,trust me charles will find a way back n magneto will come back,n they will add gambit im almost sure of that,n all the new caracthers from x3 will be bigger in x4,just give it time,they had to kill a few peeps

Xam
Originally posted by Flavio
i really wish we got more time, at least to dig all the deaths. When i was still catching the fact that Professor died, there was big scenes right after. In X2, you fully felt for Jean. Now, when she died,

u are absolutly right,but that dosent make it a bad movie like people tend to say,i think all the peeps that say it is bad didnt understand the movie that well,or didnt see the advantages it has to making a 4th one,all the new peeps from x3 would be bigger in x4 n we wouldnt have to worry about how much lines or time cyclops gets,u dig?

Flavio
Originally posted by Xam
u are absolutly right,but that dosent make it a bad movie like people tend to say,i think all the peeps that say it is bad didnt understand the movie that well,or didnt see the advantages it has to making a 4th one,all the new peeps from x3 would be bigger in x4 n we wouldnt have to worry about how much lines or time cyclops gets,u dig?

i really liked it as a Friday afternoon movie and even as a close to the trilogy, but, i dont know, X3, for me, will be forever known as a "What if Bryan had made it" movie...
its not bad, but it could easily have been the best comic book movie of all time, and it isnt.

Xam
i really liked it as a Friday afternoon movie and even as a close to the trilogy, but, i dont know, X3, for me, will be forever known as a "What if Bryan had made it" movie...
its not bad, but it could easily have been the best comic book movie of all time, and it isnt.

yeah,"what if bryan made?"...probly the same thing?...i think it woulda been the same thing...as stupid as i may sound i find him totaly dumb to have ditched xmen for superman,superman did not need to come back,xmen was in process,hes a quitter to me,quitting on such a franchise

Flavio
Originally posted by Xam
yeah,"what if bryan made?"...probly the same thing?...i think it woulda been the same thing...as stupid as i may sound i find him totaly dumb to have ditched xmen for superman,superman did not need to come back,xmen was in process,hes a quitter to me,quitting on such a franchise

maybe, i dont approve his attitude either, personally, Bryan seems to be a very painful and boring diva person. But i cant deny that he made my favorite movie ever (X2).
Some people really like to complain, and im not one of those.
I really think the movie is way more coherent than i thought it would. People say Cyclops' death was pointless and given no importance, but i think it was pivotal and mostly everyone felt for him. I thought it was fitting, as much a fan of Cyke as i am.

Disappear
They never care about Cyclops, Rougue, etc , main characters of xmen. And for worse, they are taking apart the best ones, and adding those sad and bad developed, Iceman and Colossus.

i dont know if you remember this, but the first two movies had central roles for rogue. iceman was a much more prominent character in the second than the first, as was pyro. colossus was a somewhat background character throughout, just because someone has to be.

every point that's being complained about served a point in the movie. it was done for the story, and it would've been a worse film without it.

for example, scott's death. cyclops either needed to disappear or die because marsden decided to do superman-specific roles from now on. as was said before, scott being killed by the woman he devoted himself to showed the dual nature of jean/phoenix and that the character was not who we'd known. it was for effect, and it was done exceedingly well. what bothered me most about that scene, and the one of xavier's death, was halle berry's inability to successfully act out incredible sorrow.

on to xavier's death. it was a show of power. it was unexpected. it was supposed to make the watcher, who most often would cheer for the x-men, feel their stomach drop. AND IT WAS DONE WELL. did you see xavier just prior to dying? it was a better "obi wan kenobi" moment than the original. and the twist behind the credits, NOBODY saw that coming. it was a smart, unexpected idea. whether it plays out in another movie or not, it was still something that made you sit back because it was completely out of the blue, but made complete sense.

people are busy complaining that peripheral characters weren't being developed but ignoring the development of several main characters. what about the discovery that xavier was being unethical, and adamantly so, with jean's mind? did anyone else see how badly wolverine's words stung him? did anyone else see the internal struggle he'd been dealing with? what about his angry outburst in his own defense? that's development, and given the trend of the more recent comics, it's very close to canon.

what about magneto? how cold was it of him to turn mystique away after she'd just saved him from the cure? how much did that tell of his character? or how about his scene telling pyro off, defending the life of xavier? are these scenes just getting forgotten because you people are so pissed about the "guy marrow"? was he credited as marrow in the credits? because there was really nothing besides bone spikes that made the two similar, and that in itself made him similar to 'the spike' who appeared in x-statix. so, while you're pissed she was a he, why not be pissed a black character was white?

let the small shit go. i admit some of the cgi was poor, like beast jumping off the building, but overall it was excellent. why does everyone have to pick it apart because, for some reason, they were ultimately disappointed?

Creshosk

Martinus
LOL, excelent??? Not even close to a good movie, it was a movie that you want to forget and think, they ve done only 2. It was a 4 or 5 points movie. Not for cinemas, just DVD.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Disappear
and the twist behind the credits, NOBODY saw that coming.

It's called foreshadowing... of course since I suspected he was going to die from the first trailer I was well prepared for whn it happened.

and then there was the line about transfering a psyche into that blank body... I was like "you sly dogs."

so yeah.

Creshosk
LOL, excelent??? Not even close to a good movie, it was a movie that you want to forget and think, they ve done only 2. It was a 4 or 5 points movie. Not for cinemas, just DVD. Naw it was excellent if you're a true fan of marvel.

Cause expecting it to be just like the comics means you don't know that much about X-men or marvel. And how can you be a fan of something you DON'T understand?

It was not the 616 universe, and you should be ashamed for expecting it to be.

Xam
Originally posted by Creshosk
Naw it was excellent if you're a true fan of marvel.

Cause expecting it to be just like the comics means you don't know that much about X-men or marvel. And how can you be a fan of something you DON'T understand?

It was not the 616 universe, and you should be ashamed for expecting it to be.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IT WAS AN EXCELLENT MOVIE!!!
Happy to know i aint alone

Creshosk
Originally posted by Xam
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IT WAS AN EXCELLENT MOVIE!!!
Happy to know i aint alone

Hatred is borne from ignorance... Ironic and quite fitting.

Marvel Boy
i thought it was a good movie. wolverine's awsome in it

Martinus
Ok, maybe, different points of view, I respect that. Happy to know I dont like crappy movies. Just a black spot in the xmen universe for me.

Martinus
LOL, ignorance?? then if you like this movie you shold check the story of the hole characters and see that most of them are quite different in this movie. Then lets see who s ignorant.

Creshosk
Ok, maybe, different points of view, I respect that. Happy to know I dont like crappy movies. Just a black spot in the xmen universe for me. it's not in the X-men universe. it's in the X-men multiverse.

Seriously go read some comics. You don't seem to know enough about marvelto call yourself a true believer.

Martinus
You wanna create your own story, k, lets make a new xmen comic, there are hundreads of them, but please, dont do this in a movie.

Creshosk
LOL, ignorance?? then if you like this movie you shold check the story of the hole characters and see that most of them are quite different in this movie. Then lets see who s ignorant. No shit sherlock. Don't you know anything about Marvel?

Oh and that's a rhetorical question, as you obviously don't, since you don't know about the Marvel multiverse.

Creshosk
You wanna create your own story, k, lets make a new xmen comic, there are hundreads of them, but please, dont do this in a movie. Why not?

It's NOT the 616 universe, it was NEVER the 616 universe and will never BE the 616 universe.

Martinus
You should ask that question to the movie writers and tell them why did they do this crap? Maybe they didnt know Juggernaught is not a mutant for example.

Creshosk
You should ask that question to the movie writers and tell them why did they do this crap? Maybe they didnt know Juggernaught is not a mutant for example. He is in this Universe. Get over it. It's not the comics. It's not the 616 universe. Why is that concept so hard for you to understand?

You were a fool for expecting it to be the comics.

Martinus
I understand you, and i know that this is not the 616 universe or what you want, but i really liked the second movie, it was really good, and i think that this one is very far from that. I was expecting more, only that.

Creshosk
I was expecting more, only that. You were expecting it to be like the comics. You were expecting it to be the 616 universe.

And this tells me so:

Maybe they didnt know Juggernaught is not a mutant for example.

Martinus
Maybe, I believe in miracles. I just wanted to respect characters.
One question: What happens if Warren gets near Leech?? He just cant use his power?

LanceWindu
Me? I'm in denial, he could still be alive, as could jean, the same way it happened in the comics, a Phoenix egg in the water, and this time Cyke could be in there with her.

That would allow them to bring both characters back whenever they want.

Agreed...he may very well be alive. An off-screen death gives them all the possibilities in the world as to bring him back for a 4th film.

Creshosk
Maybe, I believe in miracles. I just wanted to respect characters.
One question: What happens if Warren gets near Leech?? He just cant use his power? His wings will dissappear, not fall out or anything just vanish, much like beats fur did when he reached out to Leech.

then when he moves away from Leech the wings will reappear.

Martinus
Other thing I didnt like was for example the fact that if they could find a cure, then Beast should be the first one to have it tested, couse as i remember, he got the blue fur and feline appearance in an attemp to reduce his beast form.

Creshosk
Other thing I didnt like was for example the fact that if they could find a cure, then Beast should be the first one to have it tested, couse as i remember, he got the blue fur and feline appearance in an attemp to reduce his beast form. He got the Beast form from trying to cure his gaint feet and hands thing.

I think the feline form was a secondary mutation unlocked to save his life by Sage if I recall correctly.

But no it makes sense some rich over-zealous biggot with a mutant kid would try and make "the cure."

X-Woman
I liked X3 the most, but with X2 not very distant. It could have been longer.

X-Woman
I agree. Cyclops' line should have been the "I'm the only one who can save her." and the "I love you." at the end!

X-Woman
Spoilers will be in here, so read at your own risk.

I loved the movie so let's talk about it. smile

LanceWindu
Beast's action scenes...drool I had my doubts about the character, but that really worked well. I loved the movie.

Creshosk
Originally posted by X-Woman
I agree. Cyclops' line should have been the "I'm the only one who can save her." and the "I love you." at the end! To bad not everyones as fast a healer as Wolvie. that's the (only) reason why wolverine had to be the one to put her down. He was the only one who wouldn't have been disintigrated. Cyke and Leech would both have been atomized ...

Disappear
i believe the "beast" form he originally attained was very much by accident, having created an elixir to test out his genetic strength. he created the antidote at the same time, but failed to take it within the "trial" period. thus, his mutated state became permanent.

also, in the ultimate universe the juggernaut is a mutant. and he looks much more like the movie juggernaut than does the juggernaut of 616. so maybe it's you who's a little bit ignorant?

Flavio
To bad not everyones as fast a healer as Wolvie. that's the (only) reason why wolverine had to be the one to put her down. He was the only one who wouldn't have been disintigrated. Cyke and Leech would both have been atomized ...

you know, that argument doesnt really count in my humble opinion. Everybody was being disintagrated in less than 0.37 seconds...not even Logan could regenerate that fast. I took it as the Jean inside the Phoenix actually was trying to let him get her, so she wasnt using the full power on him. I DO think she could still kill him in a blink of an eye if she wanted.

As for Cyke's death, yes, he'll possibly show up on the next one, but what i meant was, for this movie's purpose, it wasnt pointless. It did make a sense to me.

X-Woman
I don't like about what happend to Cyclops and I still loved the movie. That says alot.

Flavio
im sad about Rogue's treatment sad
as a friday afternoon movie, it works great. I cried when Professor died bag. That scene is surely one of the best of the trilogy. When i saw his skin going away i had to say out loud "Jesus, no!!!!!!!!"
I really expected more depth concerning the cure issue, they barely talk about the ethics of it...but its a nice movie and a fitting end to the trilogy...
below my expectative, but still good.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Disappear
i believe the "beast" form he originally attained was very much by accident, having created an elixir to test out his genetic strength. he created the antidote at the same time, but failed to take it within the "trial" period. thus, his mutated state became permanent.

also, in the ultimate universe the juggernaut is a mutant. and he looks much more like the movie juggernaut than does the juggernaut of 616. so maybe it's you who's a little bit ignorant? Well that's true that the Ultimate universe is closer to the movies than 616.

Heck look at the love child the movies and the Ultimate universe (with a bit of 616) produced with the X-men legends universe... all these are like slight shades of one another...

Yet how is it that not all are equally accepted?

Creshosk
you know, that argument doesnt really count in my humble opinion. Everybody was being disintagrated in less than 0.37 seconds...not even Logan could regenerate that fast. You have anyone better available?

Kitty? Leech? Storm? Collosus?

Who available was able to do it? To even ATTEMPT to get close?

I took it as the Jean inside the Phoenix actually was trying to let him get her, so she wasnt using the full power on him. I DO think she could still kill him in a blink of an eye if she wanted. but she didn't did she?

And who else would have been able to survive the damage she WAS putting out?

Silverstein
i liked the movie, it had like no boring parts. It did seem rushed like the reviews say AND the music kinda sucks. but everything else rocked, i didnt see what was so bad about vinnie jones, i just dont like what happened the the profX...

Flavio
i loved the score...

Creshosk
Originally posted by Silverstein
i liked the movie, it had like no boring parts. It did seem rushed like the reviews say AND the music kinda sucks. but everything else rocked, i didnt see what was so bad about vinnie jones, i just dont like what happened the the profX... Did you stay until after the credits?

Darth Martin
Did you stay until after the credits?

No What Happend.

WrathfulDwarf
Please remenber to use spoiler tags guys.

WD

Flavio
You have anyone better available?

Kitty? Leech? Storm? Collosus?

Who available was able to do it? To even ATTEMPT to get close?

but she didn't did she?

And who else would have been able to survive the damage she WAS putting out?

i know what you're talking. It just felt wrong to me. No one else could do it, but that was the only part of the film in which i wish Cyclops would come and save her. I also foundd hard that such a powerful being would quickly die from 3 claws on her belly...but meh, the movie's done.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Darth Martin
No What Happend.

...We have a scene with Moira and the "blank" guy and he awakes and sounds just like Xavier, and Moira says "Charles?"

LanceWindu
i know what you're talking. It just felt wrong to me. No one else could do it, but that was the only part of the film in which i wish Cyclops would come and save her. I also foundd hard that such a powerful being would quickly die from 3 claws on her belly...but meh, the movie's done.

It's only her mind that is that powerful, and it was Jean in control of the body, she let herself die.

Flavio
Originally posted by LanceWindu
...We have a scene with Moira and the "blank" guy and he awakes and sounds just like Xavier, and Moira says "Charles?"

i've never seen so much clapping, screaming and whoohooss in my entire life like after that scene happy

Flavio
Originally posted by LanceWindu
It's only her mind that is that powerful, and it was Jean in control of the body, she let herself die.

ok...

Creshosk
i know what you're talking. It just felt wrong to me. No one else could do it, but that was the only part of the film in which i wish Cyclops would come and save her. I also foundd hard that such a powerful being would quickly die from 3 claws on her belly...but meh, the movie's done. She wanted to die.

You don't find it odd that such a powerful creature could die from a laser bolt where it had failed before, and an EM Pulse in the brain where EM energy by itself is harmless to the brain and she could eat a star?

Remember the phoenix only dies when she wants or needs to, but will use anything as an excuse. Otherwise you can't kill her.

I mean look at Endsong.

What might have been better is if Cyke was there at the last after Wolverine stabbed her is if Cyclops came in and delvered the I love you line.

But he's either dead (no real confirmation of that) or elsewhere(he'd have to be in a state where he would be unable tointeract with the others such as in a suspended animation like Phoenix 4 was when Phoenix 2 was running around.

Silverstein
Did you stay until after the credits?

i did, i was like "...wtf...thats it??"

+
i also think it is the best xmen movie so far, x1 wasnt that great, x2 was good, but very boring at times, the previous two lacked mutants, but this one, had a lot, just...not on the xteam

Creshosk
i've never seen so much clapping, screaming and whoohooss in my entire life like after that scene happy I didn't get a theater wwith alot of applause sadly cause like noone stayed til the end. Sucks to be them cause they didn't see it I guess, until they see it agian... then it wouldn't suck to be them cause they wouldn't have missed it.

Originally posted by Silverstein
i did, i was like "...wtf...thats it??"

+
i also think it is the best xmen movie so far, x1 wasnt that great, x2 was good, but very boring at times, the previous two lacked mutants, but this one, had a lot, just...not on the xteam Yeah I liked seeing the individual mutants, not just the extra masacre. Though I think it would be pretty cool to say "I was killed by Wolverine in X3!"

Silverstein
if Beast was in since X1, it would be very interesting, i loved him in the movie. i didnt like the xteam being only like 5 peeps, and what happened to nightcrawler?(havent played the game)

TheOnes2
He left because he didnt like fighting or wars

Marvel-knight
hey i think there still might be an other one because at the end of the movie magneto started to move the chess piece so maybe the cure isn't permanent. what do u guys think?

Marvel-knight
WOW tyou guys really suck that movie was great!!!

persian85033
The prof dies? OMG, must see that movie this weekend!!! Hopefully now everyone can listen to Magneto better. I always thought he had more of a point.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>