Juggernaut,Gladiator,Strong guy&Colossus VS ????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheEvilHex
what team do u think would stop them?

diabloman
Originally posted by TheEvilHex
what team do u think would stop them? supeman hulk silversurfer thor

crucifixio
Hulk DD Superman

badabing
Can we use DC and Marvel or just Marvel?

illadelph12
Cloak & Dagger... big grin

batdude123
The Mask
Thanos
Superman Prime
Rune King Thor

diabloman
jubilee and robin big grin

TheEvilHex
ne already existing team marvel dc or other wise

TheEvilHex
Originally posted by diabloman
jubilee and robin big grin what did they do to u man lol laughing

Validus
ne already existing team marvel dc or other wise
JLA, JSA, Avengers, Thunderbolts, etc. That team isn't that powerful.

diabloman
what did they do to u man lol laughing who is they ?

Robtard
Superman could take out that team all by himself... Stong Guy and Collossus would go down in mere seconds. Gladiator & Juggernaut would soon follow.

No, I'm not a blind Superman fan, but lets face it, he is Superman...

diabloman
Originally posted by Robtard
Superman could take out that team all by himself... Stong Guy and Collossus would go down in mere seconds. Gladiator & Juggernaut would soon follow. superman cant handle gladiator on his own.

diabloman
galactus apocalypse phoenix big grin

Robtard
superman cant handle gladiator on his own.

Gladiator is nothing more than a poor mans Superman. Similar powers but not as powerful.

diabloman
Gladiator is nothing more than a poor mans Superman. Similar powers but not as powerful. dude other than galactus gladiator is the most powerful guy out there. he can move and destroy planets as well just like galactus for example. show me a comic book where supes does that ?

D-Block
Captain Marvel,Thor, Silver Suffer, and Hercules

Grimm22
galactus apocalypse phoenix big grin

You rank apocalypse with phoenix and galactus What the f**k?

Grimm22
FF + Doom

TheEvilHex
Gladiator is nothing more than a poor mans Superman. Similar powers but not as powerful. FANBOY! NUF SAID

diabloman
Originally posted by Grimm22
You rank apocalypse with phoenix and galactus What the f**k? ok dark phoenix that better ?

D-Block
agreed

diabloman
FF + Doom if your a FF fan take off phucking doom and put galactus. he would crush doom

D-Block
with the fanboy statement

diabloman
fangirl stick out tongue

Grimm22
if your a FF fan take off phucking doom and put galactus. he would crush doom

Wha? What the f**k?

Actually Doom has trumped Galactus before wink

TheEvilHex
how the hell could FF+Doom stop them?

diabloman
Wha? What the f**k?

Actually Doom has trumped Galactus before wink every character has gotten there ass kicked dude. and besides how many times has doom done that to galactus ?

Robtard
dude other than galactus gladiator is the most powerful guy out there. he can move and destroy planets as well just like galactus for example. show me a comic book where supes does that ?

Superman has the ability to destroy planets in various incarnations, he is also able to survive inside the sun itself. Like I said, Gladiator is very similar to Supes escept not as powerful. It is a very close match though but Superman wins in the end.

Besides, Gladiators power's come from his ego, I'm sure Superman could use his super powered computer like brain to insult and ridicule Gladiator into submission if you don't like the thought of Superman out-punching Gladiator.

Characters who have beaten Gladiator include Tyrant, Hulk & Cannonball. Superman could defeat any one of them.

batdude123
dude other than galactus gladiator is the most powerful guy out there. he can move and destroy planets as well just like galactus for example. show me a comic book where supes does that ?

Are you kidding? What the f**k? Superman has destroyed planets in the past like it was his job.

Robtard
FANBOY! NUF SAID

Ya, that is a great way to debate. Maybe try using some logic and thought into the arguement.

D-Block
Gladiator has been said to be able to rip apart stars and the sun is a star

TheEvilHex
Originally posted by batdude123
Are you kidding? What the f**k? Superman has destroyed planets in the past like it was his job. then show some proof

Grimm22
how the hell could FF+Doom stop them?

Dont underestimate Doom or the FF.

The two smartest guys in comics make a very powerful team wink

batdude123
then show some proof

Take a look at the first page. I think you can see that all those pics indicate he would defeat Glads in a fight. wink

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f48/t371890.html

diabloman
Dont underestimate Doom or the FF.

The two smartest guys in comics make a very powerful team wink doom sucks big grin

batdude123
IT'S PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY TIME, PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY TIME, PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Big Sexy
Superman has the ability to destroy planets in various incarnations, he is also able to survive inside the sun itself. Like I said, Gladiator is very similar to Supes escept not as powerful. It is a very close match though but Superman wins in the end.

Besides, Gladiators power's come from his ego, I'm sure Superman could use his super powered computer like brain to insult and ridicule Gladiator into submission if you don't like the thought of Superman out-punching Gladiator.

Characters who have beaten Gladiator include Tyrant, Hulk & Cannonball. Superman could defeat any one of them.
Dude your a fanboy.

Big Sexy
As far as glads goes. That has been debated on numerous occassions because of different showings. Glads when fully confident is comparable to precrisis Superman. He movies chains of planets with ease but he has such low showings because of the confidence thing. This guy flys as fast as the surfers surf board so he is faster. Personally a fight with them both would be close with Superman only winning because of the confidence thing. And Superman beating Tyrant, are you high.

diabloman
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Dude your a fanboy. whats with this fanboy crap thats been going around ? how is that an insult ?

Big Sexy
whats with this fanboy crap thats been going around ? how is that an insult ?
A fanboy is a person who loves a character so much they do not abide by reason when argueing for them.

A fanboy is someone who would say
Batman can beat Galactus
Or spiderman can punch out Odin
Or Superman will stomp on a celestial

diabloman
Originally posted by Big Sexy
A fanboy is a person who loves a character so much they do not abide by reason when argueing for them.

A fanboy is someone who would say
Batman can beat Galactus
Or spiderman can punch out Odin
Or Superman will stomp on a celestial oh i see

Grimm22
doom sucks big grin

Wow, if I knew where you lived I would go there and slap you. stick out tongue

diabloman
Wow, if I knew where you lived I would go there and slap you. stick out tongue i live on 1902 mondance houston texas 77071. im waiting big grin

Grimm22
i live on 1902 mondance houston texas 77071. im waiting big grin

I'll be there bub smokin'

diabloman
I'll be there bub smokin' il pick you up at the airport so u dont have to waiste any bucks taking a taxi

illadelph12
Originally posted by illadelph12
Cloak & Dagger... big grin

I'm not joking...

Soljer

Wow, you are quite the fanboy. Hulk vs. Superman is the second highest argued thread in these forums, besides Spiderman vs. Wolverine. And Gladiator has comparable/arguable superior feats to Superman. The confidence thing is his only problem, but the rules of this forum state that both combatants fight to the best of their ability. So his little weakness is thrown out.

More related to the thread: Juggernaut is more than a match for Supes physically, but he doesn't have anywhere NEAR enough speed to compete. However, unless Superman suddenly becomes a high level telepath, he isn't stopping Juggs either. Colossus and Strong Guy are...non factors in Superman vs. Gladiator & Juggs.

batdude123
Originally posted by Soljer
Wow, you are quite the fanboy. Hulk vs. Superman is the second highest argued thread in these forums, besides Spiderman vs. Wolverine. And Gladiator has comparable/arguable superior feats to Superman. The confidence thing is his only problem, but the rules of this forum state that both combatants fight to the best of their ability. So his little weakness is thrown out.

More related to the thread: Juggernaut is more than a match for Supes physically, but he doesn't have anywhere NEAR enough speed to compete. However, unless Superman suddenly becomes a high level telepath, he isn't stopping Juggs either. Colossus and Strong Guy are...non factors in Superman vs. Gladiator & Juggs.

Actually Superman IS a high-level telepath. His telepathic power is called "Torquasm-Vo." So yes, Supes is a telepath.

Soljer
*sighs, beaten* And super-basket weaving, too.

Gah, at least I can remember why I despise that character.

TheEvilHex

More related to the thread: Juggernaut is more than a match for Supes physically, but he doesn't have anywhere NEAR enough speed to compete. However, unless Superman suddenly becomes a high level telepath, he isn't stopping Juggs either. Colossus and Strong Guy are...non factors in Superman vs. Gladiator & Juggs. dont realy know y i threw colossus and strong guy in but oh well

Robtard
whats with this fanboy crap thats been going around ? how is that an insult ?

It's used by idiots when they can't logically refute something you've said.

Robtard

1) You're an idiot for the 'fanboy' comment....

2) If you're going to throw out Gladiator's weaknesses, then you have to throw out Superman's right? Same goes for both of them fighting at their max... So, what have you then? Two guys that are invulnerable, have super strength, super speed and can shoot hotter than the sun heat beams from their eyes... Seems like a stalemate to me.

Soljer
A character fighting at his best doesn't mean he doesn't have any weaknesses, it just means you ignore his lowest showings, ignore PIS, ignore jobbering, and only look at what he can do at his optimal. Unless of course, the rules of the thread state otherwise. Besides that, throwing out the Kryptonite weakness means nill anyways, Gladiator could still take him.

batdude123
I disagree.

Superman's powers
His powers include:

Near invulnerability: In the 1940s, "nothing less than a bursting artillery shell could break his skin"; by the 1970s he could fly through a star and shrug off a nuclear blast. In 1986, Superman was somewhat depowered. Still able to withstand artillery shells, lasers, and even nuclear explosions, he would be killed if he flew into a star. His powers have since increased, allowing him to fly into the sun unharmed. In addition, his immune system protects him from toxins and diseases. The most common explanations for his invulnerability are Superman having a super-dense molecular structure and/or a bioelectric "aura" creating an invisible "force field" around his body within a few millimeters from his skin, and presumably within his body as well. Certain recent stories imply he can consciously extend this field to an undetermined extent to protect a greater area, though how he does so without greatly reducing the field's effectiveness is unknown.
Stamina: Ability to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an undefined period. Theoretically, Superman has unlimited stamina, nourishment coming from the solar energy his cells process; he does, however, have the psychological need to eat, drink just as humans do, though he receives the majority of his nourishment from the Sun. He does require sleep on occasion so he can dream. He can also hold his breath for an undefined duration. After Byrne's origin revamp, Superman could only hold his breath for several hours at the most, requiring him to carry an external breathing apparatus for prolonged periods in space; however, recent training from Mongul now allows him to process oxygen for far longer while in space. Some stories suggest that Superman may be effectively immortal as his Kryptonian cells constantly regenerate at an accelerated rate, although he may appear to show signs of aging, while other stories present Superman as aging at the same rate humans do.
Vision-related powers (sometimes collectively referred to as "super-vision"wink:
X-ray vision: The ability to see through anything except lead. He can see things behind a wall as if the wall were not there, or can "peel back" layer after layer of matter in his mind. Opponents sometimes used lead-lined constructs in an attempt to hide things from Superman. In one post-Crisis story this trick backfired when Superman simply scanned the field for lead, which instantly stands out as the only opaque substance to his vision, and found the hidden item easily. In his earliest incarnations (pre-Crisis) his X-ray vision was X-rays and generated them as such. In one issue, Superman ruins some photographic film inside a camera with a quick burst of his X-ray vision. Nowadays, it is theorized that Kal is able to focus his vision past layers of matter, literally seeing "through" them. Although referred to as X-ray, this power does not generate harmful radiation in the same manner as normal X-rays. This however, is not a hard and fast rule with some older stories.
Telescopic vision: The ability to "zoom in" his distance to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. The total telescopic ability is unprecedented, but limited to some extent.
Superman can also see the entire electromagnetic spectrum, including infrared and ultraviolet, allowing him to see in the dark. It has also been established in Superman: Birthright that he can see and identify radio/television and any and all broadcast/tansmitted frequencies, allowing him to avoid detection through radar or satellite monitoring methods.
Microscopic vision: The ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
Heat vision: The ability to fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it with the conscious act of activating this power. Visually, the power is typically depicted as twin laser beams firing from the eyes. These beams can be made invisible, allowing Superman to work undetected. This ability was first introduced in the 1950s comics as "the heat of his x-ray vision"; in the early 1960s, heat vision became its own power distinct from x-ray vision. This power uses his stored energy and can be projected to an undetermined range. The maximum temperature of his heat vision is said to reach those of nuclear detonations. Area of effect can be consciously determined by Superman, down to the microscopic level. Recent stories imply the precision is so exact it can bypass a target's outer shell (not causing damage to a person's skull for surgical purposes) or even defenses (such as invulnerability or intangibility).
Super hypnotism: Pre-Crisis, Superman had the ability to hypnotize others at will. This ability was dropped in the modern comics. One late 1970s story, attempting to explain the effectiveness of Superman's disguise as Clark Kent, suggested that his super-hypnotism, aided by his Clark Kent glasses, worked continually to make others see him as a thin, mild mannered man, not an athlete in a suit, and even included photographs of himself. However, this theory presented numerous flaws, such as various stories where Batman would disguise himself as Clark Kent; it also failed to account for anyone studying Kent's build from behind, let alone how the illusion could work on a video camera or whenever Kent was performing his job as a TV news anchorman. For these reasons, this explanation for his disguise's effectiveness was dropped, in favor of the traditional "suspension of disbelief" status quo.
Super-hearing: The ability to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. The only Earth creature who can detect sounds at the frequency he can is a Blue Whale (0.01-200,000 Hz). He has shown enough control to block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source/frequency. In JLA #1, Superman was able to detect disturbances in the frequency the human brain operates. In Kingdom Come its been said that Superman can hear an atom split.
Super voice: Superman is a master ventriloquist; he used this once to rescue Lois from criminals. He is also a brilliant mimic, able to impersonate human voices or animal sounds. Pre-Crisis, Superman also possessed the power of "super-ventriloquism," or the ability to pitch his voice across vast distances, which he would use in combination with his super-hearing as a means of communication. The Pre-Crisis Superman even cancelled out the effects of a nuclear blast with his 'Super-yell'.
The power of flight, by force of will, which also allows him to maneuver precisely in any direction, as well as hover. Originally, Superman could jump 1/8 of a mile, and only acquired the ability to fly in the early 1940s, when the first Superman animated films were being produced and super-jumping proved to not look very impressive on theatre screens. (These quirks were later retconned into the early career of the Earth-Two Superman, although he later learned to fly.) Using this power, Superman effectively cancels the pull of gravity on himself and, to a lesser extent, any object he is carrying.
Super breath: The ability to create hurricane force winds by blowing, and to chill his breath to freeze a target (this latter ability has also been called "freeze breath" and "arctic breath"wink.
Super speed: The ability to move at an incredible speed, like the Flash. This includes running, but flying is less strenuous and more versatile. The earliest Superman ran at a mere 30 miles per hour, but quickly became much faster; by the 1950s, Superman became capable of flying through space at faster-than-light speeds, as well as travel through time. Post-Crisis, his top speed seems to be at or near the speed of light, and he can no longer travel through time under his own power. It has also been established that he is not as fast as the current incarnation of the Flash, Wally West, who can exceed the speed of light. Superman has had difficulty keeping pace when the Flash is running at the upper limits of his speed.
Super strength: While the exact magnitude of Superman's strength is unknown, it is generally accepted that his strength easily surpasses the capacity to lift 100 tons, but how much more is not known exactly. This is because Superman's strength, like his other powers, has fluctuated over time, with the Man of Steel being at times able to shift a planet from its orbit. With the exception of his original incarnation in the late 30s, Superman is believed to have been at his weakest when he was reinvented by John Byrne in 1986, following Crisis On Infinite Earths. In fact some fans have actually referred to this version as "Byrne's Weak Superman." However, it should be noted that even though Byrne may have placed a few more limits on the Man of Steel's strength level, Superman's power was still staggering. Within a few months of his debut, DC printed in an issue of Who's Who, their official directory of characters, that Superman could easily lift The Great Pyramid of Egypt, which is said to weigh over 6 million tons. In the Elseworlds saga Kingdom Come, the elderly Bruce Wayne makes reference to Superman being able to "split the Earth in two." Superman possesses enough strength to move a Pluto-sized planet if he supercharges himself. The newly released series All Star Superman, written by Grant Morrison, has Superman's strength being tested by scientists on a lunar lab after flying through the Sun's corona and being supercharged to the point of self-damage. The scientists found that he was able to resist weights up to 200 quintillion tons (1/30 of the mass of the Earth), tripling his strength from an earlier point and hadn't yet reached an upper limit. Although the All Star imprint may not be strictly canonical, this firmly places him at the top of superhero power levels in virtually any comic book universe, surpassed mainly by his own pastiches (Mr. Majestic being an example) and divine creatures or similar.

batdude123
And, continued:

Super intellect: In the earliest comics, Kryptonians were endowed with genius-level intellects on their native planet. Eventually, this superior mental talent was altered to being another superpower gained only under the influence of a yellow sun (though Krypton still possessed an advanced educational and intellectual state). In the Silver Age comics, Superman possessed the intelligence of a collection of the world's greatest minds. He had a computer-like brain, which gave him total recall and the ability to speak all earthly languages and even most alien ones. The former ability is evidenced when he memorized the content of the Metropolis phone book in its entirety and all of the files at the Daily Planet. His skill with science and mathematics were beyond human comprehension. However, over time, the power as a whole has been scaled back, if not eliminated, in current comics. The ability is evident in The New Batman-Superman Adventures and the Justice League cartoon series and Birthright, though. In the cartoon The Last Son of Krypton, Lana Lang states that he is a "boy genius" and he is described as having a computer-like mind on the WB website . In Birthright continuity, Superman does retain his eidetic memory combined with his super-speed to learn and comprehend vast amounts of knowledge. Aside from power, his parents were among Krypton's brightest, as his father Jor-El was the planet's greatest scientist and his mother Lara was an astronaut or historian (depending on continuity). Also, in the Smallville episode Obsession, Clark has an understanding of quantum physics.
Solar energy absorption: Technically, this is the main source of Superman's powers. Because Superman's powers are partly due to Earth's yellow sun, his powers have been affected by extreme absorptions of solar power, whether voluntary or involuntary. However, Superman has used this to his advantage in battle in many instances, and to his detriment at certain times. In an early Post-Cris storyline, Lex Luthor arranged for Satellites to bombard Metropolis with varying frequencies of Solar radiation, causing Superman's powers to work uncontrollably. Shortly after his death and recovery, he absorbed energy uncontrollably and became a lumbering out-of-control aberration. During Morrison's run in JLA, Superman defeats the nearly omnipotent threat of Mageddon by absorbing the Anti-sun energy. In Action Comics #782 (October, 2001), during the "Our Worlds at War" series, Superman flies through the sun, which makes him seem to be wreathed in flames, and gives him enough strength and power to move an entire planet (Pluto, turned Warworld). Recently, however, Grant Morrison's All-Star Superman #1 (2005) has turned this idea on its head, as Superman enters the chromosphere of the Sun and has his cells charged to such an extent that they begin to burst: His powers are vastly increased in power and versatility, but his days become numbered.
When Superman was revamped in 1986, he became more vulnerable and was no longer omnipotent. As in the original series, writers again gradually increased his powers. Since "coming back to life" during The Death of Superman story arc, Superman can once again survive nuclear blasts, though they leave him wounded and weakened, and he can no longer fly faster than the speed of light or travel through time under his own power. His strength too has increased, to the point of allowing him to move planets again.

Robtard
A character fighting at his best doesn't mean he doesn't have any weaknesses, it just means you ignore his lowest showings, ignore PIS, ignore jobbering, and only look at what he can do at his optimal. Unless of course, the rules of the thread state otherwise. Besides that, throwing out the Kryptonite weakness means nill anyways, Gladiator could still take him.

Now you contradicted yourself, you said this before...

"The confidence thing is his only problem, but the rules of this forum state that both combatants fight to the best of their ability. So his little weakness is thrown out ."

...and it isn't a 'little weakness', it's why he loses when he does lose, that's like saying Kryptonite is only a minor inconvenience to Superman

But now you say....

A character fighting at his best doesn't mean he doesn't have any weaknesses, it just means you ignore his lowest showings, ignore PIS, ignore jobbering, and only look at what he can do at his optimal

Which is it? You can't have Gladiator at his max potential and Superman at his weakness and say "Fair fight."

Soljer
Well, I congratulate you Robtard. You caught me in a little word game.

However, there is a gargantuan difference between his little confidence weakness and Superman's Kryptonite weakness.

Both combatants fight to the best of their ability, so we fight with Gladiator full of confidence, and Superman no where near Kryptonite. Thats a fair fight, as far as I can tell.

Saying that Gladiator HAS to fight without confidence is like saying "let's throw hulk in the ring, but he has to be completely and utterly calm." Or "Could Juggernaut win without the Gem of Cyttorak?" or "Superman has a boulder of kryptonite embedded in his chest"

Do we see fights like this? Nope. So Gladiator fights confidently, Hulk fights angrily, Juggernaut siphons power from Cytorrak, and Superman doesn't need to lug around a stone of Kryptonite.

Is this too hard to understand? Do I need to speak slower for you?

batdude123

However, there is a gargantuan difference between his little confidence weakness and Superman's Kryptonite weakness.

Both combatants fight to the best of their ability, so we fight with Gladiator full of confidence, and Superman no where near Kryptonite. Thats a fair fight, as far as I can tell.

Saying that Gladiator HAS to fight without confidence is like saying "let's throw hulk in the ring, but he has to be completely and utterly calm." Or "Could Juggernaut win without the Gem of Cyttorak?" or "Superman has a boulder of kryptonite embedded in his chest"

Do we see fights like this? Nope. So Gladiator fights confidently, Hulk fights angrily, Juggernaut siphons power from Cytorrak, and Superman doesn't need to lug around a stone of Kryptonite.

You have also got to realize that Superman holds back more often than not. He's really much more powerful than he leads on. Anytime he just stands and goes toe to toe with an opponent, he holds himself back and doesn't want to use any of his powers because he doesn't want to risk killing them, no matter what they have done. However, since Superman is going all out in this match, I don't really see Gladiator beating Superman in this situation. Don't forget about Superman's telepathic attack as well (T-Vo), does Glads have a TP attack?

Robtard

You're welcome.

Originally posted by Soljer However, there is a gargantuan difference between his little confidence weakness and Superman's Kryptonite weakness.

Not really, Glad's ego is his Achilles heel just as kryptonite is Sup's

Originally posted by Soljer Both combatants fight to the best of their ability, so we fight with Gladiator full of confidence, and Superman no where near Kryptonite. Thats a fair fight, as far as I can tell.

No, not when you make sense and do not contradict yourself as before it isn't.

Tank_6603
Originally posted by batdude123
Are you kidding? What the f**k? Superman has destroyed planets in the past like it was his job.
I chuckled when they guy asked someone to show him a supes comic where he destroyed plantes, then i saw this post and Laughed my @ss off, good burn, good burn.

guy222
WWH
Thor
Sentry
Firelord

cmack
squirrel girl and the batkick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.