The Chinese Military Expansion...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix2001
What is everyone's thoughts about China's expanding army? Think it could spark another World War or not?

Agent Krueger
Originally posted by Phoenix2001
What is everyone's thoughts about China's expanding army? Think it could spark another World War or not?

They may have army. But we have nuclear weapons.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Agent Krueger
They may have army. But we have nuclear weapons.

So do they. no expression

Agent Krueger
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
So do they. no expression

We have advanced technology.

Arachnoidfreak
China could conquer the planet if they wanted. There's no army that's going to withstand nearly a billion people.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
China could conquer the planet if they wanted.

^roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud

Arachnoidfreak
Who do you think would stop them?

If they smuggled 300,000 into mexico and crossed the poorly protected border, the US is done for. And after conquering the only superpower, who else is going to stand a chance

300,000, that's not only bigger than the american army right now, but it's it's barely a tenth of what they can spare. If they wanted, they could send 300,000,000, which is larger than the entire population of the united states combined

DiamondBullets
Who do you think would stop them?

Logistics and reality.

NineCoronas
2.8 Million in their army, in totalle.

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
Logistics and reality.

That's not really an answer to a hypothetical scenario. Nothing would stop an army of 3 million and growing. In a country of 1.3 BILLION people, if they can amass an army of 300 million, they'd be an unstoppable invasion force.

DiamondBullets
if they can amass an army of 300 million, they'd be an unstoppable invasion force.

And if dinosaurs were still around, people would be getting eaten by them.

My point: its not a realistic "if".

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I live across the Taiwan Strait from China. Despite its posturing, it is unlikely that China will do anything to jeopardize its burgeoning economy and gradual integration into the global market. As much as the Chinese Politburo hate Chen Shui-Bian, there is far too much Taiwanese capital invested in China. Also, they know that A-Bian is unlikely to survive much longer politically, and the KMT are a much more China-friendly party.

Conclusion: China ain't gonna do shit. Wurd.

NineCoronas
That's not really an answer to a hypothetical scenario. Nothing would stop an army of 3 million and growing. In a country of 1.3 BILLION people, if they can amass an army of 300 million, they'd be an unstoppable invasion force. Right, but that is another reason why disarming the population of America would be a moronic move. The nation's biggest army would be it's citizens... 90 million people.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by NineCoronas
Right, but that is another reason why disarming the population of America would be a moronic move. The nation's biggest army would be it's citizens... 90 million people.

I think you're in the wrong thread, little one...

NineCoronas
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
I think you're in the wrong thread, little one... It relates.

Wurd. Word dawg.

Arachnoidfreak
I think people skip the "If they wanted" on purpose just to **** with me.

And NineCoronas, you are flogging the converted.

NineCoronas
"And NineCoronas, you are flogging the converted." What do you mean? If I didn't say it, someone else along the line of this thread would've.

Arachnoidfreak
It's a phrase, like 'Preaching to the choir", you don't have to tell me that, I already know it.

hujunzju
Don'tt take it seriously, i am a chinese.
I know the situation here: the government is decay and the citizens have no money to afford the house, schooling and medication although they work more hard than anyother countries; we have no top technology, most 'scientists' ways plagiarize the articles and deceive money from taxpayers.

NineCoronas
Originally posted by hujunzju
Don'tt take it seriously, i am a chinese.
I know the situation here: the government is decay and the citizens have no money to afford the house, schooling and medication although they work more hard than anyother countries; we have no top technology, most 'scientists' ways plagiarize the articles and deceive money from taxpayers. Why do you guys maintain such a huge army? messed

hujunzju
Originally posted by NineCoronas
Why do you guys maintain such a huge army? messed

Many yongers couldn't find job, so the army and universities extend
recruiting soldiers and students to reduce the pressure on society employment. So we have many guys in army and many undergraduates
, graduate students, masters as well as docters in universities, especially the number of professors is always amazing you!!

NineCoronas
messed That sucks. So they flood the army because they have no where else to go? Figures.

Wonderer
Yup, so typical - America take notice of China because they fear them. An inflated bully always fear competition, right? Just remember, the higher you climb, the harder you fall, nothing lasts forever. China will topple USA like a rotten tree...all because of those arrogant politicians you people have.

Make love, not war, people! But I guess to the USA leaders, the phrase, "Peace in the world" means how big peace of the world they can have.

Ushgarak
This is just the same sort of paranoia that used to exist about Russia.

Quite aside from not having the means to mount any sort of invasion, quite aside from that being such a ludicrous thing to attempt against a major country in the world today, and quite aside from the fact that it is a mistake to think of China as some single unified entitiy moving with one voice towards one goal...

... Ya is bang on the money when he mentions that China simply has no interest in upsetting the much more viable way of being powerful- economy.

There seems to be this vibe to fear China these days. But it just seems that the US, as ever, doesn't want any other powerful traders in the world, as evidenced by their protecionist policies and equal worry about Europe.

The idea that China is going to beomce a post-modern Communist/evil superpower is absurd. By opening up to market forces, they will eventualy become like all other free market countries.

Though some might say that having two Americas in the world is hardly a good thing, it's still not the situation people often make it out to be.

Phoenix2001
Originally posted by Ushgarak
This is just the same sort of paranoia that used to exist about Russia.

Quite aside from not having the means to mount any sort of invasion, quite aside from that being such a ludicrous thing to attempt against a major country in the world today, and quite aside from the fact that it is a mistake to think of China as some single unified entitiy moving with one voice towards one goal...

... Ya is bang on the money when he mentions that China simply has no interest in upsetting the much more viable way of being powerful- economy.

There seems to be this vibe to fear China these days. But it just seems that the US, as ever, doesn't want any other powerful traders in the world, as evidenced by their protecionist policies and equal worry about Europe.

The idea that China is going to beomce a post-modern Communist/evil superpower is absurd. By opening up to market forces, they will eventualy become like all other free market countries.

Though some might say that having two Americas in the world is hardly a good thing, it's still not the situation people often make it out to be.

Japan is a powerful trader in the world and the US has no problem with Japan.

US has a slight worry towards China because China has been claiming Taiwan as a Chinese territory. China has already threaten Taiwan of an attack if Taiwan declares independence. And considering the US agreed to offer Taiwan protection if ever they were attacked, the US must get involved if China ever does try to take Taiwan for their own.

Ushgarak
If you look at the background of how Japan became what it is, you can see WHY the US has no problem, in the way you say it.

But Japan is a serious competitor and the US really does not like that.

As for Taiwan- won't happen. Besides, the US doesn't even formally recognise Taiwan as independant, they just don't want force used to settle the issue. Ya already spoke about how this is not going to come to arms.

Phoenix2001
I guess it's just me that doesn't have much of a problem with it.

I really don't think that China will try anything offensivly because of their major exports to the US.

As it has been said, China starting any war would jeopardize its economy, so it's less likely to happen. But China is still expanding their military, so I guess all assumptions and conclusions are up for grabs.

WrathfulDwarf
No big deal guys....China may seem like a danger but they won't jeopardy economic progress with global warfare. Beside 3.0 million chinese coming to America? Yeah, by boat and most of them are looking for work not to attack.

Eis
I live across the Taiwan Strait from China. Despite its posturing, it is unlikely that China will do anything to jeopardize its burgeoning economy and gradual integration into the global market. As much as the Chinese Politburo hate Chen Shui-Bian, there is far too much Taiwanese capital invested in China. Also, they know that A-Bian is unlikely to survive much longer politically, and the KMT are a much more China-friendly party.

Conclusion: China ain't gonna do shit. Wurd.
China should like totally bomb the hell out of taiwan.
Zhong Guo pride 4 life glare

Seriously though, do you not think it's possible? A Taiwan-China war? Chinese people here seem to pretty sure there is going to be one. erm
In fact the goverment is not investing much in some cities near Taiwan because they believe they are going to be the prime targets in case of a Taiwan-China war.
I've heard that many times but it doesn't make sense since sure, the government doesn't spend much money in ChengLe, Fuzhou, etc. But it's spending a lot of money on XiaMen. messed

Templares

Nah. They just have population to spare to put into their army. We had this discussion in History class; during the Korean war when the Chinese Red army crossed the Yalu river to help the N.Koreans, the UN gunners were crying because there was this huge human wave coming at them and they dont have enough bullets.

And if you think 2.8 million soldiers is scary, just think of the 4 million+ soldiers that the Soviet Union could put up in a field, and they are far better equipped and trained than their Chinese counterparts. And they have nukes too.

Phoenix2001
Originally posted by Eis
China should like totally bomb the hell out of taiwan.
Zhong Guo pride 4 life glare

Seriously though, do you not think it's possible? A Taiwan-China war? Chinese people here seem to pretty sure there is going to be one. erm
In fact the goverment is not investing much in some cities near Taiwan because they believe they are going to be the prime targets in case of a Taiwan-China war.
I've heard that many times but it doesn't make sense since sure, the government doesn't spend much money in ChengLe, Fuzhou, etc. But it's spending a lot of money on XiaMen. messed

It's possible that China would, but highly unlikely.

If China were to start a world war, they would dominate the entire eastern world (aside from Russia) in the first few years. But after that they would begin to tire, and eventually give up around the 5th or 6th year of fighting. The chinese sale more than they buy, so their economy would not last long if they lost their customers.

Da preacher
China could conquer the planet if they wanted. There's no army that's going to withstand nearly a billion people.

laughing

Phoenix2001
Yea. I would say that statement was kind of stretching it just a bit.

ESP07
So to slow the Chineese economy, everyone should stop shopping at Walmart!

The Omega

I'm more worried about Bush's wars in Afghanistan, Iraq and probably soon Iran. Chinas government invaded Tibet and was involved in the Vietnam and Korea wars. But the list of US-government "interventions", "conflicts" and wars since WW II far outnumber that of China.

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Blum/KillingHope_page.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.