Would you rather be . . . . . . .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jabba the Hutt
Would you rather be obese, yet somehow be extremely attractive to the opposite sex, or be incredibly good-looking, yet somehow be extremely unattractive to the opposite sex?

Recently I was thinking about this. I'm pretty much undecided.

DiamondBullets
sleep

Capt_Fantastic
I'd rather be thin and ugly than obese and "attractive". However, I must add that I find neither option is suitable for actual human attraction.

debbiejo
blink .........What kind of question is that....

I guess obese and attractive, since obese is subjective.........

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo
blink .........What kind of question is that....

I guess obese and attractive, since obese is subjective.........

Ahh, yes...but attractive isn't....right....

Anyways, Debbie is right, partly, it certainly depends on the amount of obesity and the amount of attractiveness (or the lack of either)....

botankus
Originally posted by Jabba the Hutt
Would you rather be obese, yet somehow be extremely attractive to the opposite sex, or be incredibly good-looking, yet somehow be extremely unattractive to the opposite sex?

So you're basically asking if we would like our marriages to resemble those of the "King of Queens," "Still Standing," and every other sitcom where this huge fat guy gets the supermodel wife, or like Fabio?

Arachnoidfreak

Recently I was thinking about this. I'm pretty much undecided.

The whole point of being 'good-looking' is to be attractive. We already have a nation fll of fatasses, if fat was attractive, the problem would be so much worse.

Soleran
I'll take obese and attractive, I can always lose the weight. That part is easy enough.

El_NINO
Its not about looks but how you get the girl to like you either way you can easily lose the fat so I choose "Fat and Hot"

Mindship
What's interesting about this question is that it assumes "obese" is, in itself, ugly. May I remind everyone that for the vast majority of human history, a chubby woman (eg) was considered beautiful.

That aside, I personally would rather be fat and handsome, rather than skinny and ugly, since, IMO, "skinny" (as in, women with no hips and thighs as thin as their calves) is ugly.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
It's like the whole concept of 'Shallow Hal': fat, ugly girls with great personalities are represented by hot, skinny chicks. Classic.

debbiejo
And the thing with obesity is YES, you can lose the weight, but as for skinny gals, you just can't add it in many cases....just can't........

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
It's like the whole concept of 'Shallow Hal': fat, ugly girls with great personalities are represented by hot, skinny chicks. Classic.

I like Jack Black....

And the thing with obesity is YES, you can lose the weight, but as for skinny gals, you just can't add it in many cases....just can't........ Bullshit.

Aziz!
Probably obese because obesity is relative to society.

debbiejo
Ever heard of metabolism??

Bardock42
Ever heard of metabolism??

Have you?

debbiejo
Originally posted by Bardock42
Have you? Of course..............and people with high metabolism.......cannot gain weight!!

It's very hard, almost impossible.

Bardock42
Of course..............and people with high metabolism.......cannot gain weight!!

It's very hard, almost impossible.

But everyone can easily lose weight? Right.....

WrathfulDwarf
I rather be myself....not too fat not too skinny. Also not too tall or too short. A Dwarf must never be higher than a humanoid or shorter than a Hobbit.

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I rather be myself....not too fat not too skinny. Also not too tall or too short. A Dwarf must never be higher than a humanoid or shorter than a Hobbit.
laughing out loud

debbiejo
Originally posted by Bardock42
But everyone can easily lose weight? Right..... not necessary, though most can...............It the high metabolism that has the problems....

Jabba the Hutt
Originally posted by El_NINO
Its not about looks but how you get the girl to like you either way you can easily lose the fat so I choose "Fat and Hot"

No, the girl comes to you. It's not about "getting the girl" It's about being attractive to the opposite sex. That's it. It's more of a subconscious thing. And in this particular scenario, there will be no gaining or losing weight.

The Omega
I also chose to be ME!
I view both obesity and skinny as unattractive - mostly because it shows something about the character of the person in question which I, personally, do not agree with.

Body mass index (BMI), also called the Quetelet number or Quetelet index, is currently the most widely accepted calculation of excess body fat for human beings, especially for screening purposes and to monitor effect of treatments.

BMI is calculated by dividing the subject's weight in kilograms by the square of his/her height in meters (BMI = W / h2). For example, a person who weighs 75 kilograms and stands 1.8 meters tall would have a BMI of 75/(1.82)=23.148. The number 23.148 is then compared to a table of definitions.

The current definitions commonly in use establish the following values, agreed in 1997 and published in 2000:

* A BMI below 18.5 is characterized as underweight
* A BMI of 18.5 - 24.999 is characterized as normal weight
* A BMI of 25.0 - 29.999 is characterized as overweight or pre-obese
* A BMI of 30.0 - 34.999 is characterized as obese
* A BMI of 35.0 or higher is characterized as severely (or morbidly) obese

Jabba the Hutt
Originally posted by The Omega
I also chose to be ME!
I view both obesity and skinny as unattractive - mostly because it shows something about the character of the person in question which I, personally, do not agree with.

Body mass index (BMI), also called the Quetelet number or Quetelet index, is currently the most widely accepted calculation of excess body fat for human beings, especially for screening purposes and to monitor effect of treatments.

BMI is calculated by dividing the subject's weight in kilograms by the square of his/her height in meters (BMI = W / h2). For example, a person who weighs 75 kilograms and stands 1.8 meters tall would have a BMI of 75/(1.82)=23.148. The number 23.148 is then compared to a table of definitions.

The current definitions commonly in use establish the following values, agreed in 1997 and published in 2000:

* A BMI below 18.5 is characterized as underweight
* A BMI of 18.5 - 24.999 is characterized as normal weight
* A BMI of 25.0 - 29.999 is characterized as overweight or pre-obese
* A BMI of 30.0 - 34.999 is characterized as obese
* A BMI of 35.0 or higher is characterized as severely (or morbidly) obese

What does that have anything to do with the thread? Being yourself is not a choice.

Bardock42
What does that have anything to do with the thread? Being yourself is not a choice.

To be yourself is all that you can do.....though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.