Godric's Hallow - whats waiting there

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Unicor777

potter75
woah u though about that well deeply lol

HPFAN1992
all you have to do is wait. jk has already said that she will sum everything up in book 7.

tigress
knowing the last book if its anything like hbp ( a bloody let down) them shell end it by killing them all

sorry in cynical mode at the moment but wicked theories MSK)

air
I agree that none of the Killing curses that we have yet been introduced to are know to have the consequence of blowing up an entire house and i believe that the destruction was cause by the curse rebounding of Harry. I think that having left if so so long to actually Harry even think about visiting Godric's Hollow im praying that we'll find some tasty info out, after all in the JK interview in July the last question asked if anyone else was present on the night of James and Lily's murder....Jks reply: No comment. So im looking forward to it......I cant wait for the wedding also, I hope that whilst it resemble a "normal" wedding (whatever that may be) I hope that it's full of magical tendencies!!

HPFAN1992
If JKR said no comment to that question I think there was another person present when the Potter's were killed. Who could it have been? Dumbledore, Hagrid, Sirius Black? Snape? I think that whoever was present will end up teling Harry about his parent's (if they're not dead)... jobs, history etc...

If anyone has any ideas about who it could have been please reply.

Unicor777
Can the hallow stuff be there, just give it a thought:

1. Godric Hallow

2. Deadthly Hallows

Diamonds
There's no connection, it's Godric's Hollow and Deathly Hallows.
People are speculating that the deathly hallows refer to the Horcruxes. I agree, for a couple of reasons.
Someone on leaky lounge posted something like this:
The hallows could refer to the four hallows of Arthurian legend. They're intimately connected to the Grail, and ultimately probably go back to the four treasure of Tuatha de Danaan of Irish Smith. The four hallows are the cup or chalice, the baton or wand, the sword or dagger, and the coin, disc or pentacle. I think we were right all along in connecting the Horcruxes to the four elements. These hallows are associated with the elements and match quite up nicely to the four remaining Horcruxes; the cup of Helga Hufflepuff, the baton or wand of Rowena Ravenclaw, the sword of dagger of Godric Gryffindor, the pentacle of Salazar Slytherin, meaning the locket.

Also, to hallow something is to make holy or consecrate.
I hope it's not a place erm

The Phantom
Originally posted by Diamonds
There's no connection, it's Godric's Hollow and Deathly Hallows.
People are speculating that the deathly hallows refer to the Horcruxes. I agree, for a couple of reasons.
Someone on leaky lounge posted something like this:
The hallows could refer to the four hallows of Arthurian legend. They're intimately connected to the Grail, and ultimately probably go back to the four treasure of Tuatha de Danaan of Irish Smith. The four hallows are the cup or chalice, the baton or wand, the sword or dagger, and the coin, disc or pentacle. I think we were right all along in connecting the Horcruxes to the four elements. These hallows are associated with the elements and match quite up nicely to the four remaining Horcruxes; the cup of Helga Hufflepuff, the baton or wand of Rowena Ravenclaw, the sword of dagger of Godric Gryffindor, the pentacle of Salazar Slytherin, meaning the locket.

Also, to hallow something is to make holy or consecrate.
I hope it's not a place erm Ja, the spelling explains it all.

mss_mira

Barker
Originally posted by mss_mira
a flying motorcycle
no expression

Diamonds
What happened to that thing, anyway? (The motorcycle.)
Also, didn't Hagrid say that Godric's Hollow was destroyed and the house collapsed? How was that, I mean, AK doesn't destroy anything other than people. So do you think there was some sort of duel?

willRules
Originally posted by Unicor777
2. There is some mystery about what happened to the house. We know that other Killing Curses did not damage the structure or the bodies (Riddle House murders, for example); normally it kills but does not leave visible trauma. And yet, Hagrid reports to Dumbledore that the house was "almost" destroyed (PS1); he also tells Harry that an "evil curse" destroyed the house (PS4).

Commentary: On the other hand, we have seen numerous instances where rebounding, ricocheting, or misaimed curses cause considerable damage: Lockhart's rebounding Memory Charm in the Chamber of Secrets which caved the roof in so badly it blocked the tunnel (CS16), richocheting Stunning Spells break marble statues when the Death Eaters attempt to catch Harry (GF34), ricocheting curses break the Gryffindor hourglass and crack stone when the Death Eaters broke into Hogwarts (HBP); misaimed curses set a desk afire and shatter statues in the Department of Mysteries (OP36).

I assumed that the house was destroyed in the fight between Harry's dad and Voldemort, when he tried to hold him off for Lily and Harry to escape smile

Slyððering

Unicor777
Wa, I don't think so, but follwoing your lines it may bea reference to the dead members of the Orders. Cause DE can not be saints, not under any definitions.

FinalFantsyLord
Originally posted by mss_mira
a flying motorcycle
hagrid didnt get to the potters with the bike he got to the dursleys with the bike, which was given to him by Black.

Slyððering
Originally posted by Unicor777
Wa, I don't think so, but follwoing your lines it may bea reference to the dead members of the Orders. Cause DE can not be saints, not under any definitions.

Why not? By the name alone, it could refer to some sort of confluence of ghastly holy persons! stick out tongue

I made the comment half-jestingly, but the linguistic connection I stated could also somehow point to the true nature of the title.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.