Galactus - Marvel putting the big "G" back on top

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlaqChaos
In case you haven't been reading Last Planet Standing, it seems that Marvel is trying to portray Galactus as the threat he was first presented as...and more.

In issue #1 he destroys an entire Galaxy in a mini-big bang. He then goes on to consume the Shi'ar thrownworld, ignoring Gladiator and the other members of the Imperial Guard in the process. The issue ends with him setting a course for Asgard.

In issue two he arrives at Asgard, and Thor and the other gods, frost giants and everyone else are unable to stop him from consuming Asgard, claiming the Odinsword, and taking Thor hostage; putting Thor in stasis with a host of other cosmically powered beings he has collected recently. Then he sets a course for Earth. Meanwhile, the cosmic powers (including the Living Tribunal, Stranger, and others), meet to discuss what he's doing and what they can do to stop him.

roughrider
I respect Galactus, but this is sounding like 'Punisher kills the Marvel Universe' material.

BlaqChaos
Originally posted by roughrider
I respect Galactus, but this is sounding like 'Punisher kills the Marvel Universe' material. Galactus says that he has a plan to "evolve" to the next level, and rid himself of his constant hunger. Let me clarify. Although he destroyed the Shi'ar thrownworld and Asgard, he didn't really consume the energies. He collected them and put them with the other items and energies he's been collecting. And the galaxy that was destroyed? Reed Richards thinks that it was a smale scale test for something larger.

Validus
I'd bet anything he gets jobbed out in Annihilation.

Swanky-Tuna
It's a contest between Fantastic Four and X-Men to see who can impose their method of how the universe works onto Marvel.

DigiMark007
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Last Planet Standing isn't continuity, right? It's got like, all the kids and such (like May Parker) that aren't actually around in 616.

BlaqChaos
Last Planet Standing is in the MC2 Universe.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
Last Planet Standing is in the MC2 Universe.

What is that?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by H. S. 6
What is that?

Not continuity.

It's a world where all the well-known heroes have gotten older, and it's basically a 'next generation' thing where everyone has had a kid with similar powers and stuff.

Arahan
I am not intreseted in that universe. Everything what is not in 616 contunity isnt imporant for me, well except Exiles.

aton_ra
Seeing that most people don't care, know or read about this book (including me) it can't be considered that Galactus is being put on top again.

Mindship
Galactus should be on top again, in 616.
Shame to have rendered him "ordinary."

UltimateStryfe
Galactus rocks.

Templares
Galactus is set to fight Tenebrous (and probably Aegis as well) in Annihilation. Chances are this fight wouldnt be a curbstomping in favor of Galactus but at least we should get a decent abstract vs. abstract fight on this one.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Not continuity.

It's a world where all the well-known heroes have gotten older, and it's basically a 'next generation' thing where everyone has had a kid with similar powers and stuff.

Oooh... that...

BlaqChaos
The MC2 Universe allows them to tell some stories they wouldn't ordinarilly be able to tell. For instance, the "Last Man Standing" series was about the final battle and death of Captain America.

BlaqChaos
Issue #3 Excerpt

BlaqChaos
Issue #3 Excerpt 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.