Louis XIV of France

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
Can anyone top this man? I don't think so. He is without a doubt the greatest monarch ever to rule a land. He practically made his country into a powerhouse. He turn France into a predominant and preeminent position in Europe. I dedicate this thread to him. big grin

Templares
Meh. I think all the good things in Loius XIV reign is due to his effective minister Colbert. From what i remember from my History, Louis is a pompous prick that had all the European powers aligned against him . . . .

Janus Marius
Yeah, and his arrogance lead to the downfall of France and European unrest.

Morgoths_Wrath
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/5f/Louis_XIV_of_France.jpg/422px-Louis_XIV_of_France.jpg

there he is! nice tights...and high heels confused

Da preacher
Now I remember Y the French revolution happened.

Koenig
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/5f/Louis_XIV_of_France.jpg/422px-Louis_XIV_of_France.jpg

He looks like a stuck up snob. stick out tongue

Janus Marius
He was. The Bourbon family had money, power, and no sense.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath

A European wearing tights and high heels....you're surprise? stick out tongue

WrathfulDwarf

Koenig
Men were Women back then, what a bunch of strange guys they were. eek!

DarkC
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Can anyone top this man? I don't think so. He is without a doubt the greatest monarch ever to rule a land. He practically made his country into a powerhouse. He turn France into a predominant and preeminent position in Europe. I dedicate this thread to him. big grin
La Rol Soliel, didn't they call him?

I agree though, he was a good monarch. Unlike XVI and XV. Idiots.

debbiejo
He wore that wig cause everyone had lice back then ya know........besides he kinda looked girly.......

Captain REX
Yup, good old Sun King, Louis #14.

#16 sucked even more in terms of fashion sense and lacked brain function regarding politics.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Captain REX

#16 sucked even more in terms of fashion sense and lacked brain function regarding politics.

Haha, after 1793 he certainly lacked some brain function....

who?-kid
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
What are you smoking ? Louis XIV was a true nobody who was lucky he was born as the son of Louis XIII.

His people were starving while he sat on his fat ass on his expensive throne.

Sun King my ass.

cking
sounds like a true king.

Storm
His vanity was without limit or restraint. He, Richelieu, and Mazarin expanded France a long way towards its present boundaries, but they bankrupted their people.

Himo
Originally posted by Captain REX

What are you talking about? Louis 14th was stuck up, stupid, and elitist. He personally decreed that all Jewish literature in his land be burned. 20,000 Torahs and other scriptures were burned becuase of Christian ignorance and their idea of supremecy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.