Best Superpower special effect

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kal875
Whats your favorite superpower special effect used on the show? I like the one where Clark jumps off the bridge onto the 18 wheeler in the episode Lucy

AstroFan
I hated that, stupid slowmo closeup of Clark's trying face. erm

Jedi Priestess
Clark coming through the warehouse explosion to save Lana this year is my favorite. yes

General Kon-El
Originally posted by Kal875
Whats your favorite superpower special effect used on the show? I like the one where Clark jumps off the bridge onto the 18 wheeler in the episode Lucy that's a good one. One of the many i like is when he races Flash.

Whiteclipse
oh yeah that was my fave episode man (the flash) they should have made him the wally west flash though

MysteryRidah
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Clark coming through the warehouse explosion to save Lana this year is my favorite. yes

That was great, like super hero great.

AstroFan
I like Kal-El's takeoff in Crusade. big grin

Dan-El
Must agree there. The take-off was the culmination of three years anticipation!

I do miss the X-Ray vision. Clark barely uses it!

AstroFan
The flying itself looked pretty good, except when he was in space. erm

Kal875
The one where he used superspeed to stop the bullet from hitting his dad this season was pretty good too.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Dan-El

I do miss the X-Ray vision. Clark barely uses it!

One of the producers stated last week that the reason for this is the cost. Same goes with flying.

Dan-El
lol, They spent most of their budget on the Fortress is what it is! lol

Kal875
Originally posted by Dan-El
lol, They spent most of their budget on the Fortress is what it is! lol

yeah dude

Soss
My favorite is pretty much all of the big strength feats.

Superman_045
I liked when Clark raced the Flash & when he was Kal-El & took flight.

General Kon-El
I also liked it when he supersped to save chloe from mxyptlk after he threw the football, pushing mikhail away and break chloes handcuffs, then running back to where he threw the football.

Kal875
I liked the one were he was in the Daily Planet w/ Chloe and saved her from the shattering glass and the car. (last ep. of season)

Black Rob
Definitely the running effects are badass. But the worst effects in my opinion are the heat beams,they look like a really hot blow dryer

Kraken
my favorite part would be when he first flew away in crusade

vorpal
I thought the x-ray vision on Victor in Cyborg was pretty cool.

((The_Anomaly))
I like the heat vision.

And apparently so did Mr. Singer, cause they used the Smallville heat vision effect in Superman returns. Which I thought was pretty sweet.

Magee
Was not the same effect, SR returns was way better than Smallville heat vision.

The one with the solar flares and Clark sends a tractor flying for miles lol, not really amazing just... Nice. wink

Jedi Priestess
Funny it looked identical to me too.

pr1983
They were similar but the sr heat vision had more colour to it... at least to me...

((The_Anomaly))
Yea, but it was the same idea. You have to remember SR had millions of dollars to develop they're special effects, I'm pretty sure Smallville doesn't have the cash to do that, especially ALL the time.

Never the less, it was the same looking, seeing as ALL other incarnations of his heat vision have appeared as laser beams. Smallville didn't do that, and SR followed suit with a more "Heat" looking heat vision, as opposed to lasers.

rubinator
Clark catching the helicopter Exposed
Clark Missle Jump
Flash Running on Water
Clark Catching the elivator Mercy

all i can think of for now,

They were all cool

Kal875
all the special effects!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marth18
I loved the flying one most or when they show clark running normally but everything around him is paused

Blue_Hefner
I liked the sneeze part from the show from yesterday.

Marth18
lol he looked funny when he was sucking up the air

Kal875
yeah lol, and when he pretended he was going to sneeze then he was just like "Just kidding"

Marth18
Hahaha yea i was glad he was kidding cause it looked fake

seancstew
The ripples that form around him when he jumps are always cool. The coolest strength one was when he caught the car.

But I enjoyed the underwater ones from Aqua, when AC did his little typhoon punch move thing...

Oh, and the shattering of the sword on Clarks arm when lex hit him with it, simple but well executed.

Dan-El
When Clark blew off the barn door. By far the funniest power realization EVER

Marth18
When that stupid desperate house wives guy shot him with a krytonite bullet

Cowgirl
I liked the sneeze too LOL and the effects with Lex and Clark fighting in the Zod Ep was awesome smile

Entity
I always just liked seeing the car runing into him and he jus crouches down like he is about to be tackled and then the car gets totalled

NoFate007
The car catch

Darth Macabre
When Kal-El was flying, actually...I didn't, but to me it looked amazing.

Marth18
When clark puts nails inside wood with his fingers!

allofyousuckkk
deffinately when he catches the car (chloe sees)

not great effects, but deffinately cool

great effects? meteor shower when he grabs the little boy and shields him

and in "scare" when it hows his fear, and he gets in the way of the meteor and he saves Lana

Kal875
Did you guys see how my Lois took it last night? man she's great!

Dan-El
Would GA's demonstration of archery profeciency be counted as a power, because I loved it when he shot the tab off of the soda can!

Kal875
no he's just a good shot

FistOfThe North
when he inhaled the blue marijuana a couple of episodes ago and how it looked like.

wiccan999
I liked the "magicks" effects from season four. Lana as Isobel the witch was awesome.

Kal875
When Clark Jumped out of the crane tonight.

wiccan999
yeah that was cool...

complexbrother
when Clark had a cold and sneezed the barn door off .

kryptoheat69
Originally posted by AstroFan
I like Kal-El's takeoff in Crusade. big grin
YEAh that was mad cool why can't he be evil all the time evil face

seancstew
Ummm...

Because he is Superman? Just a thought. Call me silly.

kryptoheat69
All the times he uses his powers are good even when he looken in the girls bathroom.

Dru-Zod
Originally posted by General Kon-El
I also liked it when he supersped to save chloe from mxyptlk after he threw the football, pushing mikhail away and break chloes handcuffs, then running back to where he threw the football.

Yea that scene was awsome! It was one of my favorite scenes in the series so far jawdrop

Darkchoco
I liked when Clark was shot with the kryptonite bullet, and his face when it went through him xD

rogy3131
the football throw was awesome, also the one where he is at the party and fetches a bowl for a guy about to puke! The missle was good cause with the red jacket and blue T, he looked like he was wearing the cape and stuff.

Kon-El
Kal-Els flight was my favourite big grin

Amazon
I actually really liked Chloe's superpower. I thought it was very beautiful. Apart from that one. I liked it when Zod was beating the crap out of Clark in the woods. That kind of physical strength was pretty cool. Along with the speed thing too.

Mirai Gohan
Yeah, I agree, I just kept looking at that part over & over when I first recorded it. It was just awesome. But, by far, the best fight we've gotten was between Clark & Kane in the episode "Combat". As for the best superpower effect, that has to go to superspeed.

((The_Anomaly))
I like the heat vision effect.

Mirai Gohan
Definitely, Smallville has created the best looking heat vision of all time. Hell, Singer even used it in "Superman Returns".

Arachnid1
I liked it when clark raced flash, when flash does anything, and when clarks dad tackled him out of the skyscraper and they both grappled to the ground. I also loved it when he flew and the take off in the Crusade episode. I liked everything in Justice and I loved it when Clark and Auqaman faught under water. that was amazing.

Mirai Gohan
Clark racing the Flash was pretty good as well as the fight with Aquaman, I'd like to see more of those type of things on Smallville. I also liked the scene at the beginning of the show when that dude tried to stab Clark & it was in slow motion but the knife did nothing.

Gecko4lif
Flash vs supes race was priceless

in the end when he was about to cacth him and he goes super speed in super speed mode and outruns him backwards and clark is like WTF!

jerryfrombelgum
I adore the x-ray vision, it's so much better then what they did on 'lois and clark"

Mirai Gohan
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Flash vs supes race was priceless

in the end when he was about to cacth him and he goes super speed in super speed mode and outruns him backwards and clark is like WTF!

I'm so glad I have that episode recorded. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.