Vader ( without suit) VS Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mikester
battle in cloud city. No force powers

Razielim
Not sure. I'm guessing Vader if there are no force powers and he can keep his head on correctly.

foofightermax
LOL yeah right. Vader was the apprentice for a reason. sidious stomps him.

Razielim
This same Vader was planning to overthrow him. He even claimed he was more powerful than Palpatine.

And remember, this is sabers only. No offensive force powers. Think of it as any respectable JK2 server with most locked force powers.

((The_Anomaly))
If its JUST sabers then Anakin might win this. Maybe. But add force powers and Anakin gets mauled by Sidious.

Starwalker
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
If its JUST sabers then Anakin might win this. Maybe. But add force powers and Anakin gets mauled by Sidious.

QFT

darthsith19
This could go either way. Both are about even with a blade. I guess Vader could win if he didn't screw up. But if he screws up then Sidious siezes his chance and cuts his legs off. death

truejedi
well, technically, without his suit.... Vader falls over and dies, so i pick sidious...

DarthSaboteur
It's pre-suit Vader, I'm thinking.

truejedi
Originally posted by DarthSaboteur
It's pre-suit Vader, I'm thinking.

lol, good point, shoulda called him anakin... but oh well, i pick anakin, sidious seemed to struggle with his saber skills, without the force to speed him up, he'd be pretty much nothing.

Janus Marius
Pre suit Vader, saber only? Possibly. In suit? He gets owned. Sidious stabs his light support panel. Good night.

truejedi
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Pre suit Vader, saber only? Possibly. In suit? He gets owned. Sidious stabs his light support panel. Good night.

we are really refusing to overlook the fact that he said pre-suit vader instead of ROTS anakin, aren't we?

Janus Marius
Originally posted by truejedi
we are really refusing to overlook the fact that he said pre-suit vader instead of ROTS anakin, aren't we?

Did your post have any relevance? I answered the thread. I also decided to add on to that. Last I checked you weren't content police.

truejedi
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Did your post have any relevance? I answered the thread. I also decided to add on to that. Last I checked you weren't content police.

you have a point, i guess i read what you posted wrong when i first looked at it this morning, cause when i read it again, my reply really had no relevance at all...

Janus Marius
Originally posted by truejedi
you have a point, i guess i read what you posted wrong when i first looked at it this morning, cause when i read it again, my reply really had no relevance at all...

Meh, no big deal. Sorry for coming back so rude.

DarthMaul9123
Palpatine was old so without the force he can't flip and twirl and keep on going, anakin has youth and takes this

Lightsnake
while Vader looks like he's gonna be trying out for the olympics gymnastics team, the smarter opponent ices him

DarthMaul9123
how, he's old and derelict, hah, no but really he is old like in his late 70s or so he appears, and anakin does look like he'll tryout for the olympics.
do you think the 1965 steelers could be the 2006 steelers because they have had more time to practice football? no because they are old and out of energy.

Lightsnake
And Yoda wasn't?

Sesse
"A jedis strength flows from the force"

Not from the Saber.

DE Luke
He said no Force POWERS,not no Force itself,Sesse.wink

And if this is level headed Vader,then he beats ol' man Sids.

Sesse
Yes. Definately.

Vader would prevail without the FORCE POWERS. He is trained to fight with the saber by Kenobi, who isn't a bad duelist. Then again, Sidious can do go face to face with Yoda, but Anakin can outduel Dooku.

Heck... Its like setting up a fight: WW2 germany vs WW1 France. No artillery and no aircrafts. No handgrenades and the machineguns cant shoot more than 4 bullets in a row. + French have red helmets and germans cant use bayonets. + Tanks cant use machineguns, aircrafts cant land, infantry cant swim and the submarines cant dive. Fight!

adamthejedi
you're all wrong!

vader/anakin after ROTS and without his suit would beat sidious. if you know your star wars back story you know this is the case.....why?

from the moment palpatine knew of his master's plans of total domination (his idea to create a child from the force as part of his powers to end/create life as stated in ROTS)....palpatine knew that an anakin person would exist at some point, a force-created super force-sensitive human. when he meets anakin in Episode1:PM he can sense that anakin is the same boy (we are told he had no father....adding to the fact he was concieved through the force)

palpatine's whole list of apprentices has been part of a long path to eventually rule the galaxy with anakin....if as some people have suggested, maul or tyrannus had superior skills to anakin, palpatine would not have put his senate-friendly persona in so many dangerous situations (like getting kidknapped). he knew that anakin was the strongest apprentice he could have!!

Lucas has hinted, if not blatantly said in interviews, anakin is the chosen one, and if he had not been an ignorant sh*t-head, and lost to obi-wan, would have become more powerful than palpatine/sidious. because he is in the suit, he would lose and thus has to accept being number 2 to sidious.

without a suit...he would have shown himself to be the most powerful force-wielderer ever.

i know most of you will say "oh no what an idiot.....he knows nothing" but the fact of the matter is, anakin/vader is the most powerful force-wielderer ever....he is just stuck in a suit to keep him on a leesh

Vader beats Sidious

Sidious beats Maul and Tyrannus 2 on 1

Manslayer
quit bumping old threads

Light_Sith
Without the suit he would not be able to walk.

Losing one limb may be unlucky.

Lose 5... and the fighter has a very serious flaw.

Sidious beats any version, real or hypothetical, of Anakin/Vader.

Manslayer
Originally posted by Light_Sith
Without the suit he would not be able to walk.

Losing one limb may be unlucky.

Lose 5... and the fighter has a very serious flaw.

Sidious beats any version, real or hypothetical, of Anakin/Vader. Wrong.

Full potential anakin would own sidious

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Manslayer
Wrong.

Agreed full potential anakin basically=luke at his height which beats DE sidious

VinCon01
Assuming that Anakin is at RotS level and isn't suffering from arrogance induced stupidity, as he tends to do when it becomes personal, I'd give this one to Anakin. When he's in "teh zone", there aren't many people on Anakin's level. NOTE: That doesn't mean he's going to win easily. This note is because, for some reason or another, at least one person always seems to think that I'm saying something I'm not (I say that Anakin might take it, suddenly someone thinks I'm saying Anakin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sidious with no effort at all).

Now, add Force Powers, and Sidious wins with no challenge. Make it potential Anakin, Anakin wins without a challenge.

Light_Sith
Wrong.

Does this come from Lucas saying that Anakin would have been twice as powerful as Sidious? If this is true, then I think that I have to accept it.

I would like to point out that this guy does not exist though, so it is a moot point.

Arguing out hypothetical scenarios is good within reason, but people seem to take it too far with Anakin.

Edit: I have noticed that many refer to Anakin being unstoppable when he is focused. But what good is that if he is inherently arrogant? It is good in the sense that it will help him win major battles (in theory), but it also means that he is vulnerable to stupid mistakes against those he, on another day, could have bested.

Darth Hord
Does this come from Lucas saying that Anakin would have been twice as powerful as Sidious? If this is true, then I think that I have to accept it.

I would like to point out that this guy does not exist though, so it is a moot point.

Arguing out hypothetical scenarios is good within reason, but people seem to take it too far with Anakin.

I'm gonna have to point it at that u said any version anakin real or hypothetical loses to sidious which is not true as full potential anakin equals full potential luke who in turn beats sidious

Light_Sith
Originally posted by Darth Hord
I'm gonna have to point it at that u said any version anakin real or hypothetical loses to sidious which is not true as full potential anakin equals full potential luke who in turn beats sidious

I made a quick edit after realising that.

He COULD beat Sidious, but even being technically more powerful does not guarantee it.

Darth Hord
I made a quick edit after realising that.

He COULD beat Sidious, but even being technically more powerful does not guarantee it.

agreed as in the mustafar duel when anakin is more powerful than kenobi but still loses

Light_Sith
Originally posted by Darth Hord
agreed as in the mustafar duel when anakin is more powerful than kenobi but still loses

I have a question about that duel.

Anakin is shown to have a stronger bond to the force in TPM when Qui-Gon gives him a blood test.

In the duel, when there is a blatant opportunity to show Anakin's superiority in the Force (the two try to push each other with the force), it ends in a stalemate.

I have heard that in earlier Scripts Anakin displayed his supposed superior power more fully.

Is this just bad writing on Lucas' part?

Darth Hord
I have a question about that duel.

Anakin is shown to have a stronger bond to the force in TPM when Qui-Gon gives him a blood test.

In the duel, when there is a blatant opportunity to show Anakin's superiority in the Force (the two try to push each other with the force), it ends in a stalemate.

I have heard that in earlier Scripts Anakin displayed his supposed superior power more fully.

Is this just bad writing on Lucas' part?

that scene was more for the drama being as their hands almost touching was to show how close they were and how they are so far apart now and all that type of sh*t

kiddo44
I have read Hayden say they did that scene like that, just to show that Anakin and Kenobi were doing the exact same thing at the same time, where it was like fighting yourself. And in such a long fight if Kenobi had just gone flying across the room while Anakin was standing there just would not make that much sense, i guess.

Manslayer

Correction you said any incarnation of anakin and you did not specify which.

Light_Sith
Correction you said any incarnation of anakin and you did not specify which.

Yes, I made a mistake and acknowledged it with an edit.

Easy mistake to make since people make too many allowances for Anakin in these match ups IMO.

Manslayer
Yes, I made a mistake and acknowledged it with an edit.

Easy mistake to make since people make too many allowances for Anakin in these match ups IMO. Just specify next time. Yes sidious beats any incarnation of anakin except for full potential anakin.

Btw i hope your not who i think you are

Light_Sith
Just specify next time. Yes sidious beats any incarnation of anakin except for full potential anakin.

Btw i hope your not who i think you are

On most forums I have been on there are many accusations of people having aliases.

If you are worried then check with the Admin or Mod's. They should be able to verify things.

adamthejedi
i think it has to be agreed upon that anakin at full potential is the most powerful jedi that ever lived. sidious and yoda are pretty much the mirror image of each other......the good and bad extremes of the force (i know yoda loses a battle in ROTS but he is very very old, and he had to lose so the plot could go on to episodes 4,5,6).

in episode 1 we find out the connection to the force anakin has is stronger than yoda's....so we can assume he at full potential could have beaten yoda and sidious.

obviously anakin in ROTS isnt anakin at his full potential, he hasnt learnt enough about the force, and his hot-headed. also as vader he isnt at his full potential because he is in a damn suit!!!

we never see anakin at his full potential but we know that he would be the most pwerful ever if he had ever reached it.

off topic here.....i have wondered why mace windu, one of the most pwerful jedis ever, didnt return to kenobi as a vision like qui-gon and yoda did? he didnt even appear to luke. he would have been a good influence to defeat the empire surely, seeing as he defeated sidious (before anakin interferred). any thoughts??????

Light_Sith
Whilst I am not disagreeing per se, Anakin would only be the most powerful in the force.

If Obi-Wan had not capitalised on Anakin's mistake, I get the feeling that a person of his nature would become an accident waiting to happen. He may have calmed down, but he may have become even more reckless!

This is why I think that people concentrate too much on raw force power.

I would actually take Sidious over a maxed-out ("potential" wise) Anakin.

Gideon
I would actually take Sidious over a maxed-out ("potential" wise) Anakin.

Anakin would be twice as powerful as Sidious, and though he is a clever bastard, I hardly see where he would manage to claim any sort of victory.

adamthejedi
Light_Sith has a good point. You can be a master swordsman or powerful with the force, but if your head is all over the place, you cant use them effectively.

I would say, a full potential Anakin, is Anakin reaching his maximum level in both force mastery, swordsmanship AND mentally. If he had been taught by Qui-Gon Jin or Yoda...I feel his temper would have been calmed. I think that a focued, non-aggressive Anakin at full power, would beat Sidious. I think if Anakin isnt focued, then Sidious' mind games might rattle Anakin and eventually give Sidious the chance for victory.

playa1258
Anakin is extremly skilled. He would not only be much than everyone but more skilled as well. Look he was a Jedi Knight in Rots. At the level of Knight his power in the force and skills with the lighsaber were far above any jedi in history. At the age of 21 he was alrealy approaching Mace Windu in skill and power. Obi-wan was still a padawan at the age of 25 by 25 Anakin would have been the strongest Jedi in the order.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.