A Nightmare On Elm Street remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LepperFace15
Would you go and see this movie if it ended up being in theaters as a remake? With some of the original teen characters as the parents of the first Elm Street? Instead of them being the teens again? Because that wouldn't be possible, they are too old.

But, would you want the remake to be exactly like the original or would you like them to change it up a bit?

Would you even want a remake of this movie?

I would, it would be interesting. Every other original movies are being made into remakes, so they might as well try this.

ladygrim
i wouldnt go to see

Evil Dead
no, I wouldn't see it. The original movie is perfect as is. Yes, they are remaking a bunch of horror movies......and look at the results, watered down teen-movie trash. ANOES is one of my favorite horror flicks. Just because my neighbors dog is shitting on everybody's lawn doesn't mean he should shit on mine too.

Comicbook_kid
Good Lord, is nothing sacred anymore???? Why f**k with something that doesn't need f**ked with????? If this remake happens, I will personally track down each and everyone of those responsible, and slash them to pieces while they sleep.....

Oh, and I probably wouldn't see it either......

Zilverz
they will not make this

DraconianDevil
They already ruined the franchise with Nightmares 4-6, that would just kill it altogether. If it hadn't of been for the New Nightmare, I think ANOES would have been killed off in a horrible way.

That said, no need for a remake because it's perfect enough as it is, and I dont think Craven or Englund would let it happen.

ladygrim
theres too many to remake laughing out loud

Wolfie
ANOES is perfect as is. No one other than Robert Englund can be Freddy.
Originally posted by DraconianDevil
That said, no need for a remake because it's perfect enough as it is, and I dont think Craven or Englund would let it happen.
Craven's already having his movies remade.

Mider
yeah instead of making new original stuff they just remake everything, they cant at least make new sequals which would be better then a remake how many remakes dont suck out there?

fog sucked so they say
red dragon was a rare exception
amityville horror wasnt that great or that diffrent so ive heard so many it shouldnt have been remade just for the sake of remaking

K.Diddy
A NOES remake is the worst thing hollywood could do

Evil Dead
The Fog remake was actually kind of decent.........

The Amityville Horror remake was just stupid. Not good by any stretch of the imagination. I'm sure the Omen remake is going to be extremely bad. I saw the trailer before X3 and it looks like they just messed everything up.......aswell as bad casting.

Christina_2006
Well. I want to see new actors to play the characters.
Keep the same plot.

DraconianDevil
Are you talking about ANOES? Who could outdo Englund?

LepperFace15
I'm sure Englund would still be Krueger. I want him to be.

DraconianDevil
..And Nancy? All the cast in ANOES fitted the characters PERFECTLY. Why spoil a great horror flick with useless teen actors. Lets face it, we have seen the quality of actors in slasher movies and it doesnt impress me one bit!

Zilverz
This will abosultely never happen. No one should get worked up over it.

chris_64256
Originally posted by DraconianDevil
They already ruined the franchise with Nightmares 4-6, that would just kill it altogether. If it hadn't of been for the New Nightmare, I think ANOES would have been killed off in a horrible way.

That said, no need for a remake because it's perfect enough as it is, and I dont think Craven or Englund would let it happen. A payday is a payday my man hollywood is all about the dollars if they think money is to be made it will happen. Personally its just got bad news written all over it but theres people in the world that would sell there first born for the right price.

DraconianDevil
Very true indeed. I really can't see this happening though, if it does then I will loose all respect for Freddy sad

ThePrincessBee
Freddy has already been reduced to some sort of clown.

Kid_Of_Death
Please, don't say that someone is going to make remake of Nightmare! I would never watch it! There's only one Nightmare on Elm Street! And that's what it has to be! Original is the best!

LepperFace15
Most of you though, honestly... most of you would go see it anyways. Haha, who cares if it's a shitty remake? It's a remake of one of the best horror films of all time!

I'd go to see it.

DraconianDevil
Would I see one of my favourite Horror movies being remade to a shitfest of worthless pathetic teens who can't act to save their lives?..... Nope. It would be compared to the original and with ANOES, you'll never outdo a classic such as that.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Zilverz
This will abosultely never happen. No one should get worked up over it.

I agree

LizzyT123
Originally posted by LepperFace15
Most of you though, honestly... most of you would go see it anyways. Haha, who cares if it's a shitty remake? It's a remake of one of the best horror films of all time!

I'd go to see it.

Yes, I would go see it anyways. And I do not like remakes. Remakes usually stray from the original, so thats why. smile

cropsy_is_god
I wouldn't see it because remakes suck and i don't like NOES films. It would only be worth seeing if Robert Englund played freddy he can't be replaced.

LizzyT123
Originally posted by cropsy_is_god
I wouldn't see it because remakes suck and i don't like NOES films. It would only be worth seeing if Robert Englund played freddy he can't be replaced.

Is Robert Englund playing Freddy in the remake? Cause if not.....thats gonna be hard to top.

Wolfie
Originally posted by LizzyT123
Is Robert Englund playing Freddy in the remake? Cause if not.....thats gonna be hard to top.
This thread is asking "what if?". There is no confirmed news about a remake.

That said, I'm sure Robert Englund would have a cameo in a remake. He wouldn't be Freddy but maybe they would cast him as the dad or a doctor or something.

LizzyT123
Originally posted by Wolfie
This thread is asking "what if?". There is no confirmed news about a remake.

That said, I'm sure Robert Englund would have a cameo in a remake. He wouldn't be Freddy but maybe they would cast him as the dad or a doctor or something.

oh, woooooooops. Well. Lets hope they don't make a remake.

seamless
No. Just no. 0_0
It would wind up overwhored with today's flamboyant flim techonology.
Original all the way.

Wolfie
I'm sure they will eventually. Just give it time. TCM is perfect as-is but they remade that.

LepperFace15
But on the topic of ANOES,
Of course Robert Englund would have to be Freddy.
It's just no question that he would have to be.

That's what makes Freddy.

And, I never said that they are making one.
I just said "what if".

But, I would like them to give a lot of respect to this film if they ever remade it, and just gave everything to the film to make it good.

I'm sure it'll be done in the future.
And, I'll be there to support it.
Because, it is and will be another ANOES film that I have to watch.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.