Bush's New Image after 31%: The Humble Fuhrer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PVS
copy and paste this link to your browser if it doesnt take you right to the movie file.
http://movies.crooksandliars.com/Bush-Blair-Pess-.mov

so, he finally admits to his more trivial mistakes, as well as admitting that abu graib is a disaster. im sure everyone is impressed by his sudden display of humility, but really...were they not all obvious mistakes? what about ordering your adminstration to leak plame's identity to the press to help silence the truth and begin their war for profit? what about admitting that u.s. run secret prisons just might be a mistake, or that they even exist? i know! why not admit that there was no tie between saddam and osama, and how that was a mistake. admit the obvious: THE WHOLE ****ING WAR WAS A MISTAKE

but no, he only admits that he was mistaken in taunting and baiting the enemy at the expense of u.s. soldiers' and iraqi civilians' lives, u.s. credibility before the world, and our own national security. oh that was a mistake? well THANK YOU!!!

next press conference: bush admits that choking on a prezil at the beginning of his term was a mistake.

KharmaDog
I like this quote,

So he's sorry, but not that sorry. Kind of a useless apology with little ownership of his actions, but I'm sure there are many people just eating it up.

PVS
Originally posted by KharmaDog
I like this quote,

So he's sorry, but not that sorry. Kind of a useless apology with little ownership of his actions, but I'm sure there are many people just eating it up.

of coarse. its a happy pill for depressed moderate republicans everywhere.
but the effects sadly will not last till november or even a couple of weeks.

Phoenix2001
He's drug the war out for this long, he may as well finish it.

botankus
Originally posted by Phoenix2001
Would that kind of be like releasing the first two Lord of the Rings and canning the third one?

Phoenix2001
Thing is, the majority of Americans were for the Iraqi war. But like the Vietnam war, it has drug on for so long now there's really no purpose for it anymore. I mean, there is, but everyone is getting tired of seeing our soldiers kill poor people as well as seeing our own soldiers get killed by poor people.

PVS
we were not just "for" it. based on fear and belief in falsified evidence, the majority supported the war. its not something that just happened, like "oops, we're in a war...i wish that didnt happen" or "cool, lets bomb iraq".

Phoenix2001
That's true. I was with the war from the beginning, but with all the pussy footing around that the Americans are doing over there, I think that it's just time to get on with it and finish what they started.

PVS
That's true. I was with the war from the beginning, but with all the pussy footing around that the Americans are doing over there, I think that it's just time to get on with it and finish what they started.

dont be a glutton for rhetoric. WHAT must be "finished"? HOW will it be "finished"? and what makes you assume we are capable of "finishing" it?

El_NINO
Thats the problem... "The War on Terror" as Bush aways says, will never end. There is no solution to this war and the only reason why Americans went to war is because they were under the belief of falsified documents/post9-11. Basically because of "FEAR" to prevent more attacks on the US by showing what they can do if it happens again.

Phoenix2001
Originally posted by PVS
dont be a glutton for rhetoric. WHAT must be "finished"? HOW will it be "finished"? and what makes you assume we are capable of "finishing" it?

What else are the Americans suppose to do? Just leave? Say, "Oops, we made a mistake, so we'll just take off and leave you at your own fate."?

If Americans cannot finish the Iraq War then they can atleast try to finish it.

KidRock
More anti-bush liberal shit? *closes thread*

El_NINO
Originally posted by KidRock
More anti-bush liberal shit? *closes thread*

Please dont let this thread be an IDIOT magnet again

PVS
if you criticise bush in any way, its inevitable that his loyal worshippers will be here to destroy the credibility of all neocons.

just wait for DB.

jaden101
this is ace

Bush: i apologize

Bush's supporters: you've nothing to apologize for

Bush's critics: you never apologized enough

an exercise in futility if ever i saw one

personally i think Bush could have an oscar schindler style "i could've saved one more" breakdown on international tv and you still get the

Bush's supporters: you've nothing to apologize for

Bush's critics: you never apologized enough

PVS
is it an apology?

lets say i kick you in the nuts, and then apologise for using steel toe boots instead of my new balance cross trainers. i then go on to apologise for spitting on you while calling you a 'pussy' as i kicked your nuts, since spit spreads viruses and bacteria.

would you accept that apology and be my friend?

Phoenix2001
Originally posted by PVS
is it an apology?

lets say i kick you in the nuts, and then apologise for using steel toe boots instead of my new balance cross trainers. i then go on to apologise for spitting on you while calling you a 'pussy' as i kicked your nuts, since spit spreads viruses and bacteria.

Americans aren't trying to bully anyone.

Then again, they are only poking Iraq with a stick.

jaden101
Originally posted by PVS
is it an apology?

laughing laughing

guess that proves my point

PVS
Americans aren't trying to bully anyone.

Then again, they are only poking Iraq with a stick.

holy contradictions batman! eek!

but lets get real. its their own damn fault. what the hell are they doing living on top of our oil reserves?

Phoenix2001
Originally posted by PVS
holy contradictions batman! eek!

Not sure where that came from. Perhaps you're seeing things?

Originally posted by PVS
but lets get real. its their own damn fault. what the hell are they doing living on top of our oil reserves?

Ummmm..... because they've been there for hundreds of generations?

Jonathan Mark
Not sure where that came from. Perhaps you're seeing things?

Ummmm..... because they've been there for hundreds of generations?

Sarcasm is a wonderful thing... wink

And Drizzt pwns...

Phoenix2001
Originally posted by Jonathan Mark

Just to clarify things, that whole 'poking with sticks' statement was not a contradiction. It was merely set up to open conclusions and opinions. With so little american forces in Iraq it's hard to not assume that they're bullying Iraq. And my statement of Americans not bullying them was my open opinion.

And Drizzt pwns...

He surely does.

PVS

Phoenix2001
Poo on you...

jaden101
Poo on you...

laughing laughing out loud laughing

and the prize for the funniest post of the day goes to...

well bakerboy and his beatles jabbering actually

Capt_Fantastic

He hasn't drug the war out. You can't honestly believe that he would intentionally propogate a war for no good reason. The problem is that he thought the people were going to welcome us as liberators. The only thing those people wanted was for Saddam to go. After that, we were finished as far as they were concerned. You've got three different groups that wanted the freedom to kill each other, and that's all we've brought to the people of Iraq. As I have said before, Saddam was the lynch pin on an enormous bag of shit. And now, those people have the freedom to kill each other. They want us out of their buisness, out of their country and out of their lives.

The fact that we have remained there reveals the true nature of our intentions. We went over there to loot that country and to give these huge corporations enormous buisness. You can't force freedom on people. The people of Iraq want freedom, but not our freedom. They want to divide themselves up into the three groups that exist there and fight each other. The only thing keeping that country together at this point is the US buisness interests.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by PVS
http://movies.crooksandliars.com/Bush-Blair-Pess-.mov

"Bring it on!" - "Wanted: dead or alive"...how were they misinterpreted, and what was the actual meaning?

PVS
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
"Bring it on!" - "Wanted: dead or alive"...how were they misinterpreted, and what was the actual meaning?

bring it on: lets solve this through diplomacy

dead or alive: we come in peace

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by PVS
bring it on: lets solve this through diplomacy

dead or alive: we come in peace

Aha, I see the greater subtlety of those slogans now. I guess I'm from one of the "parts of the world which misinterpreted them", ie. Any region that adheres to the definitions of words as presented in a dictionary.

I wish I wasn't so close-minded.

PrincessMary
Originally posted by PVS
why not admit that there was no tie between saddam and osama, and how that was a mistake. admit the obvious: THE WHOLE ****ING WAR WAS A MISTAKE

The war is illegal, isn't it? Saddam never had WMD's, and that was the basis for war in the first place, so, if you ask me, the war is illegal based on that.

Originally posted by PVS
next press conference: bush admits that choking on a prezil at the beginning of his term was a mistake.

It's a mistake that someone saved his life, he means.

jaden101
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
He hasn't drug the war out. You can't honestly believe that he would intentionally propogate a war for no good reason. The problem is that he thought the people were going to welcome us as liberators. The only thing those people wanted was for Saddam to go. After that, we were finished as far as they were concerned. You've got three different groups that wanted the freedom to kill each other, and that's all we've brought to the people of Iraq. As I have said before, Saddam was the lynch pin on an enormous bag of shit. And now, those people have the freedom to kill each other. They want us out of their buisness, out of their country and out of their lives.

The fact that we have remained there reveals the true nature of our intentions. We went over there to loot that country and to give these huge corporations enormous buisness. You can't force freedom on people. The people of Iraq want freedom, but not our freedom. They want to divide themselves up into the three groups that exist there and fight each other. The only thing keeping that country together at this point is the US buisness interests.

you seem to think that Saddam being in power meant that it stopped the iraqi factions (shi'ite, sunni and kurds) from killing each other...

thats only partly true...with Saddam in power it simply meant the the Sunni's could kill the Shi'ites and kurds at will and without retribution

you'll also be aware that since Saddam is gone...most of the killing in iraq is still perpetuated by sunni's against shi'tes so effectively nothing has changed

the only reason Saddam tried to stay in power for so long is that the areas where the Sunni were dominant had virtually nothing of value...it was the Shi'ite south where all the oil fields are and the Kurdish north where the best agriculture lands are

i wonder if you also saw the poll of Iraqi people that was published the other day that said that despite everything that has happened in the war and all the killing since...70% of Iraqis would still have wanted it in order to get rid of Saddam Hussein

strangely enough the Iraqi population is 70% non Sunni

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by jaden101
i wonder if you also saw the poll of Iraqi people that was published the other day that said that despite everything that has happened in the war and all the killing since...70% of Iraqis would still have wanted it in order to get rid of Saddam Hussein

Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
The only thing those people wanted was for Saddam to go.

No, I didn't see the poll. Nor do I need to see polls of Iraqi citizens to know they don't want us there. We came, we did what they wanted, and now they want us out. And nothing of what you said changes the fact that we have out lived our usefulness to them. And nothing we do will change the fact that they want to operate under their own brand of "freedom". And that freedom has everything to do with fighting each other.

And when I call Saddam a lynch pin, I mean he kept the shit in that country from spilling over into other regions, on top of keeping that country coherent. I'm no fan of Saddam Hussein, but he served a purpose.

PVS
and just to be clear, i didnt find the 'dead or alive' comment to be irresponsible. he was referring to the man who ordered the attacks on 9/11. perhaps his hokey cowboy phrasing made it obvious that it was all just tough talk with no plan to back it up. think about it. a public call for "dead or alive" is clasically a call to bounty hunters, citizens etc. in other words *best bill lumberg impression* "yeeeeah....we cant seem to find osama by ourselves, so if anyone can just go ahead and bring him in...that would be teriffic...mmmkay? thaaaaaaanks". i dont know...it just made a joke out of it, having to see 'hopalong dubya' live out his childhood fantasies of being john wayne.

but then again, i prefer that he does that shit because its a huge red flag to know its all bullshitting. every time george plays pretend, get ready for mt everest sized piles of bullshit. its a dead give away.

what, im wrong?

remember maverick from 'top gun' standing triumphantly and so cinimatically on an aircraft carrier deck telling us that military operations in iraq had come to an end under the banner "mission accomplished"? the second that plane touched down and saw that he was in it, my bullshit radar exploded.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by PVS
remember maverick from 'top gun' standing triumphantly and so cinimatically on an aircraft carrier deck telling us that military operations in iraq had come to an end under the banner "mission accomplished"? the second that plane touched down and saw that he was in it, my bullshit radar exploded.

I can't believe you. You're incredible! The economy is booming. Gas prices have stabalized. More Americans have health insurance than ever before. Social security has been fixed. Big buisness has been reeled in and made to be honest with the American people. For the first time since the first congress we have a totally honest and lobby free representative government. Our international reputation has never been stronger. And the drug companies have admitted that restless leg syndrom was a myth! Are a few dead soldiers really that big a price to pay?

jaden101
he kept it coherent by slaughtering half a million non sunni's in the 10 years between the gulf wars?

yet how much did we hear about that in the western world?...ziltch

he kept it from spilling into other regions...except iran and kuwait

hahahaha...office space is pure genius

The Omega

jaden101

Capt_Fantastic
he kept it coherent by slaughtering half a million non sunni's in the 10 years between the gulf wars?

so be it. What buisness is it of ours? Are we stopping social injustice by allowing more war? Economic sanctions won't stop it, but neither will open war. What happened before is no longer relevant. What happens after our intervention is most relevant. And what has happened post our intervention? Not one damn thing that is helpful. You still have three groups of people who want to kill each other...only they have no national face to stop them from doing so.

You want to know my real opinion? Let them kill each other. Let them die. And when all is said and done, go in and make a deal with the party that is still alive.

Capt_Fantastic

BaiWF
thats a bit misleading isnt it...while its true that hundreds of thousands of iraqis may have lost loved ones it doesnt mean that hundreds of thousands have died

the best estimates are between 37,000 and 43,000 dead since in 3 years

if you boil it down to a purely numbers game then that is a marked improvement on the best estimates of between 350,000 and 500,000 in the that the regime killed between the gulf wars and those numbers dont take into consideration the 1,000,000+ that died while saddam was fleecing the oil for food programme to build the 40+ presidential palaces in 10 years with the money that was supposed to go towards food and medicine for the people

Big Liar!!
1963-1975, the US Troops killed more than three millions of Vietnameses.
Since the first Gulf War to today, at least a million Iraqis were killed by the US Troops, in the other words, they're killed by the US bloody goverment.

jaden101
Originally posted by BaiWF
Big Liar!!
1963-1975, the US Troops killed more than three millions of Vietnameses.
Since the first Gulf War to today, at least a million Iraqis were killed by the US Troops, in the other words, they're killed by the US bloody goverment.

dont think so

http://www.iraqbodycount.org/

from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_War

so i suggest its you that gets you facts rights

from

http://www.usaid.gov/iraq/legacyofterror.html

and thats only 50 of the 270 mass graves that have been found documented

by that statement i'm guessing you would've had the same attitude towards the Nazis killing the jews...or the serbians killing the kosovans...or the hutus killing the tutsis in rwanda

money missing from the oil for food programme

from here

http://washingtontimes.com/national/20041005-022528-7849r.htm

i always back up my statements

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.