Revenge Of The Sith - Battle Of The Heroes & Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan Complete Score

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

metrotokyo
Props to aj_vader, jack & maus for their ultimate/complete edition scores, but being a perfectionist, I wasn't satisfied with them because of all the missing extended cues, off-tempo drumbeats, cutting errors, etc., so I made my own.

This file contains Battle Of The Heroes and Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan, with ALL cues restored, extended cues, drums, etc. almost EXACTLY as in the film.

There are a few extended cues where I didn't have the source and had to recreate the cut thru much painstaking editing -- see if you can spot where, it's all perfectly seamless. However, if anyone has the original uncut cues, please pm me, I would love to incorporate them and make these cuts absolutely perfect.

As they are though, they're the closest thing to a real ultimate edition you're going to see unless Sony decides to sell us the real thing.

Comments are appreciated. Enjoy smile

P.S. can someone post the URL below as a link? I'm still a newbie here, so no can do.

rapidshare.de/files/21477906/Battle_Of_The_Heroes_Ultimate_metrotokyo.zip.html

AstroFan
http://rapidshare.de/files/21477906/Battle_Of_The_Heroes_Ultimate_metrotokyo.zip.html

metrotokyo
thanks AstroFan

metrotokyo
btw, just to make it clear, this is the complete score from the point where Anakin & Obi-Wan first start fighting all the way until Obi-Wan cuts Anakin up, including the Duel Of The Fates sequence, etc. The only missing cue is the section where Bail & Yoda flee the senate, which is why there are two files. If anyone has that cue, please let me know.

aj_vader
can u upload it to megaupload or yousendit i cant get it of rapidshare sad

metrotokyo
hey aj, uploading to megaupload now, will post the link shortly

metrotokyo
ok, here's the file at megaupload, someone please repost as a link:

megaupload.com/?d=IO3ZM3CW

MusicMaster1634
here

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IO3ZM3CW

metrotokyo
thanks MusicMaster

aj_vader
Originally posted by MusicMaster1634
here

ThankYou! smile

aj_vader
Well... Theres some dogy editing at the beginning (not too nice to listen to), it sounds as if its been compressed at points, duel of the fates doesnt appear in the right place, there are too many drums at some points, its okay i guess overall

u asked for comments messed lol

metrotokyo
you're right aj, i did and i'll take them whether they're good or bad. like i said, i'm trying to make a perfectly film accurate cut, so if there are issues, i want to know.

that said, i'd appreciate you being more specific if you want to critique it.

for example, what exactly are you referring to when you say there's some dodgy editing at the beginning? the first 20 seconds of the file are from an unedited source, so i don't know what you mean by dodgy editing. if you have a better unedited source cue for this section, by all means, please share it.

on the file sounding compressed at points, can you tell me where and what you mean? are you referring to audible variations in volume, or something else?

on duel of the fates not appearing in the right place, i can't figure that one out at all, since it is in exactly the same place as it was in the film.

on there being too many drums at some points, again, there are only as many as were in the actual film score. this was a problem with your edit, as your drumbeats were off-tempo or missing in several places and don't accurately track what was in the film. you might want to watch the sequence over again, you can hear pretty clearly what i'm saying.

i realize you're probably going to prefer your own edit regardless, but i don't want you to take my comments the wrong way. i'm just trying to get as close to the actual film score with my edit as i can, so any help, comments, source cues, etc are very much appreciated.

DucLangur
I wanted to say that you did a good job in the beggining. If I remember correcty AJ you made an ultimate soundtrack. When you started from the beginning of the duel, the Tympani were too high, the begining itself before the cut to the Yoda Meets Emperor scene, was high pitched.

Metrotokyo, You should probably for right now bridge the two files into one. I remember on AJs soundtrack it was combined. From the narrow escapes scene till the end of the duel was combined, I think it sounded fine. My suggestion would be to just combine it.

Sith Master X
I thought you did a great job. The drums sound excellent.

aj_vader
Originally posted by metrotokyo
you're right aj, i did and i'll take them whether they're good or bad. like i said, i'm trying to make a perfectly film accurate cut, so if there are issues, i want to know.

that said, i'd appreciate you being more specific if you want to critique it.

for example, what exactly are you referring to when you say there's some dodgy editing at the beginning? the first 20 seconds of the file are from an unedited source, so i don't know what you mean by dodgy editing. if you have a better unedited source cue for this section, by all means, please share it.

on the file sounding compressed at points, can you tell me where and what you mean? are you referring to audible variations in volume, or something else?

on duel of the fates not appearing in the right place, i can't figure that one out at all, since it is in exactly the same place as it was in the film.

on there being too many drums at some points, again, there are only as many as were in the actual film score. this was a problem with your edit, as your drumbeats were off-tempo or missing in several places and don't accurately track what was in the film. you might want to watch the sequence over again, you can hear pretty clearly what i'm saying.

i realize you're probably going to prefer your own edit regardless, but i don't want you to take my comments the wrong way. i'm just trying to get as close to the actual film score with my edit as i can, so any help, comments, source cues, etc are very much appreciated.

If you listen to the 1st bar it sounds as if its been looped twice, it sounds very mechanical, the drums on the anakin chokes obi-wan is very good i was quite impressed with that to be honest smile

the duel of the fates when yoda looses his lightsaber there is an extra Dum Dum Dum de Dum which i put in my edit. there is a dum de dum de dum missing when anakin is walking past the camera then cuts to yoda landing (I think so, not too sure on that one :P)

errr the off tempo, In terms of music there not on the beat, everything is off beat, being a musician i was putting them where they should be so to speak, personally i dont think those drums were put in by John Williams, i think they were sampled and put in digitally during the recording process or maybe they werent who knows

but yes i agree with ya, on the critical part, i didnt mean it in a bad way, i think were both after the same thing, the movie version of the music, so any critisism that we have for eachother i dont think we should take to heart, but please consider that i was doing the full movie score

metrotokyo
thanks for the comments guys.

Duc, on combining the files, yeah i thought about that, but i really wanted to add in the missing cue where Bail and Yoda fly off in the speeder to bridge the two together. which is why i was asking if anyone has it to let me know, i haven't come across a good no fx copy of that cue yet. but if enough of you guys want a cut combining the two into a single track, sure, i can do it.

aj, you did a fantastic job putting together the full movie score, and were it not for the work you've done and for the edits i've gotten from a couple other guys, i wouldn't have even attempted to do an edit myself, so thank you.

it's just that with the duel sequence and the opening battle over coruscant being my favorites, i'm a bit obsessed with creating perfect tracks for those sequences.

so, i don't take any criticism personally, i just want to get it right, and i hope you feel the same way.

i listened to my track and your track again, and think i get what you're referring to.

on the first bar, i don't think it was looped, but it may not be the best copy as there's what seems to be a slight clipping that occurs at about 4.5 seconds, and i can't say at what bit rate the original source was encoded at, but that may account for any "mechanical" sound you're hearing.

in my defense, as i mentioned earlier, this first 20 second sequence i didn't edit at all, i used a cue from another file. i should point out here, though, that the cue i used and the cue you used are not the same.

the 20 sec opening cue i used has the original unaltered percussion throughout the clip.

your cue here, and correct me if i'm mistaken, sounds to me like the cue from the cd, but you've added an overlay sequence of drum beats to compensate for what wasn't there, namely the percussion they removed/mixed waaaay down on the cd track.

i think this accounts for why Duc was saying the tympani were too high here in your file. it sounds to me like you also used the same drumbeat clip throughout your file to recreate the percussion in the other sequences, where anakin and obi-wan fight without their lightsabers and where yoda and sidious begin fighting. this is actually what made me want to remix my edit, because your bass didn't have enough kick in it.

on the part where yoda loses his lightsaber, yes, i noticed you did put in an extra "dum-dum-dum-de-dum" in your edit. however, there are actually two of those that were missing. the original duel of the fates track has nine repetitions. your file has ten. the movie had eleven. i put eleven into my edit. you can hear the sequence at approx. 5:33 in the file.

there are several other sections where similar repetitions occur that were cut from the cd track. i've recreated almost all of these in my file so they match the film. there were a couple i couldn't do, because the source simply wouldn't accommodate it. it just isn't possible to recreate what is missing using only what is there.

i can point out to you exactly where in the file i've added repetitions/lengthened sequences if you'd like, also where there are still a couple lengthened sequences missing.

on the off tempo drumbeats, yes, i realize in terms of the music they do not exactly follow "on the beat" in the film. i was referring to the drumbeats in your edit being off the tempo of the drumbeats in the film score, not off the tempo of the music.

where you've put the drumbeats in actually sounds perfectly fine in the overall context of the piece, and probably would have been to me as well had i not watched this sequence so many times that i could tell it was off immediately when i heard it. yours was, though, the first edit i heard where anyone actually even tried to put the drumbeats back in at all, so props to you.

i understand you "putting them where they should be so to speak", the only problem i have with it is that it doesn't match the film, so i redid it.

whether they were put in by John Williams or not is immaterial to me, i absolutely love the way it sounds with the drums as opposed to without. so for me, having them is a must, and timing them correctly to match the film is also a must.

i also thought the clip you used for the beat was pitched too high, so i used a different beat with more punch in the bass. i feel like it took the sound in the right direction, but any comments you guys have are helpful.

again, if anyone has better unaltered source cuts for sections of these tracks, please share, let's make this perfect.

Sith Master X
I just want to point out how appreciative I am to have people like AJ Vader and Metrotokyo here to put this kind of music together. It's so good to have the track the way it actually sounds in the movie.

Nothing pisses me off more than buying a soundtrack and having missing music, or cues that differ from the way it was in the actual film.

DucLangur
Wow, yeah I definetly get you Metro, your explanation was good. Yeah, I know AJ used drum tracks from another source, thats why they sounded high, definetly. I definetly understand you want to get it perfect. I wish I had a program myself where I could edit the tracks, but I don't, so I try to help others who can make it. It sounds really good so far, and I know, its very close to being perfect, only a few gliches. I think this will become the number one music track for Ani vs Obi, all you need is the bail, yoda sequence. I am not sure where to find that. I guess you can just try to resaerch, ask around. It seems to be the only part not avalable.

Sith Master X
I know this is random here, but while we're on the topic of scores, can anyone hook me up with a link to "The Emperor's Throne Room" track? Need it for a project. Thanks.

DucLangur
Originally posted by Sith Master X
I know this is random here, but while we're on the topic of scores, can anyone hook me up with a link to "The Emperor's Throne Room" track? Need it for a project. Thanks.

I'm not sure if you are willing to buy it but, you can buy the Retrun of the Jedi Soundtrack which has the Emperors throne room on it, it is a 2 disk CD. I could give you a link where you can find it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000003G91/102-1098934-2153747?v=glance&n=5174

It has other tracks too that you might need, or might be useful to you big grin

Sith Master X
Thanks DucLangur, but what I should have mentioned is that I actually own the soundtracks to all 6 SW movies. The thing is, I'm making my own fan film, and I use Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 to edit it. It's a fantastic program, but it won't let me import music on the SW CD's. I think whats happening is the program is reading that as protected content.

I can however, download music from the net, like Metrotokyo's Battle of the Heroes thing, and it'll go on the program no problem. That's why I was wondering if anyone has a link to the full song. wink

DucLangur
Oh ok. Well umm, you could try Limewire, or a program like it. Does that help?

Alliance
but it won't let me import music on the SW CD's. I think whats happening is the program is reading that as protected content.

Did you try burning the songs you want and then re-ripping them?

And...did anyone ever find the Imperial march-Naboo funeral theme hybrid mix from the end of ROTS? Its the only clip i can't seem to find and still want.

aj_vader
nah man, i wish i had that cue, its great smile

does anyone have;

Anakin Vs Dooku
Opening Space Battle (Not My Version or The Battlefront II Version)
The Part were Palpatine says (Hence Forth You Shall Be Known As Darth...)

If anyone has these cues please post them! big grin

metrotokyo
Thanks DucLangur, but what I should have mentioned is that I actually own the soundtracks to all 6 SW movies. The thing is, I'm making my own fan film, and I use Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 to edit it. It's a fantastic program, but it won't let me import music on the SW CD's. I think whats happening is the program is reading that as protected content.

I can however, download music from the net, like Metrotokyo's Battle of the Heroes thing, and it'll go on the program no problem. That's why I was wondering if anyone has a link to the full song. wink

hey X, i'll post a link to the emperor's throne room mp3 for you shortly.

metrotokyo
Originally posted by Alliance
Did you try burning the songs you want and then re-ripping them?

And...did anyone ever find the Imperial march-Naboo funeral theme hybrid mix from the end of ROTS? Its the only clip i can't seem to find and still want.

Alliance, i think i have the clip you're referring to. only problem is it has some low volume conversation noise in the background at one part, and some bgfx in another, though it's not too bad. i'll link it & you can let me know if it's what you're looking for.

metrotokyo
Originally posted by aj_vader
nah man, i wish i had that cue, its great smile

does anyone have;

Anakin Vs Dooku
Opening Space Battle (Not My Version or The Battlefront II Version)
The Part were Palpatine says (Hence Forth You Shall Be Known As Darth...)

If anyone has these cues please post them! big grin

i'll also post my revised version of Star Wars And The Battle Over Coruscant later today. don't think i have either of the other two without bgfx.

metrotokyo
btw, anyone know how many posts you have to make before you can post urls?

metrotokyo
X, here's the throne room file. still can't post urls i guess.

megaupload.com/?d=1B8LIHND

metrotokyo
Alliance & aj, here's the funeral march track:

megaupload.com/?d=9EN51WHG

Alliance
Sextuple post messed

Thanks.

MC_GG
Does anyone have March on the Jedi Temple (Film Version). Because i happen to have it but it has dialogues and sfx in it. If someone can help me get rid of them could you please pm me asap?

Sith Master X
X, here's the throne room file. still can't post urls i guess.

megaupload.com/?d=1B8LIHND

Thanks a bunch man! big grin

aj_vader
Alliance & aj, here's the funeral march track:

megaupload.com/?d=9EN51WHG

hey thanx dude smile

Alliance
yeah, that was the clip, it is a shame its got the layover though.

metrotokyo
ok, here's my revised Star Wars And The Battle Over Coruscant. enjoy.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A7LE3X84

metrotokyo
here's version 3 of my BotH track, calling it Heroes Collide this time.

apparently the earlier versions of my files have made their way to some other forums from here, and i'm getting criticized for having called this a BotH "ultimate" edition by purists who think that "ultimate" should only refer to the score as originally recorded by Williams and the LSO, not the version edited for the film.

so, to set the record straight, this is the FILM version, not the "ultimate" version, of Heroes Collide, as were the previous tracks i released for the Battle Over Coruscant and Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan. i'm no purist, i just want to listen to what i heard when i watched the movie. those of you who agree and want Heroes Collide can replace the earlier BotH track i released with this version.

there won't be any more revisions until/if the remaining unreleased cues end up being released in future video game music.

i made these for my own enjoyment, and thought maybe others would appreciate having the film versions of these tracks too. not too many seem to care, so whether i'll bother to take the time to share in the future, i don't know.

Here are the major edits that distinguish this track from any other edits you've heard:

Heroes Collide - MetroTokyo v.3 (8 min 27 sec)

This piece contains the music from when the Anakin vs. Obi-Wan duel begins with Anakin's force jump to when Yoda crawls out of the conduit to the escape hatch as Anakin and Obi-Wan float down the lava river.

Timings listed below are approximate.

00:00 - 00:22 Opening duel sequence - opening & closing reconstructed, main cue is collide_bail_continue from Battlefront II (original percussion). Clipping at 4.5 sec corrected.

00:22 - 00:56 Yoda greets Darth Sidious, German ROTS DVD rear channel audio source cue.

00:56 - Transitional mastering error (click) corrected.

01:01 - 01:09 Missing percussion added & adjusted.

01:09 - 01:32 collide_continue cue from Battlefront II (original percussion).

01:36 - Mastering error (warble present on DVD, this error was preferable to the transitional dropout error on the CD), cannot correct with existing sources.

01:51 - Reconstructed extended sequence

03:01 - 04:05 Missing percussion added & adjusted from Anakin choking Obi-Wan scene to Anakin and Obi-Wan clashing lightsabers/force push scene.

03:14 - Reconstructed extended sequence

03:24 - Reconstructed extended sequence

04:21 - Reconstructed extended sequence

04:29 - Reconstructed extended sequence

04:37 - 06:07 Duel Of The Fates cue reconstructed, placement of chorus intro corrected (aj, you were right).

05:34 - Reconstructed extended sequence

Link to Heroes Collide on megaupload.com (wait 45 seconds then click the download link under the popup)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=70WFOM4X

Link to Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan on megaupload.com (also includes previous version 2 of BotH)

Link to Star Wars And The Battle Over Coruscant on megaupload.com

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A7LE3X84

enjoy.

aj_vader
hey thanx for those dude, the opening space battle it cool, personally i find the drums at the beginning to be AWSOME! lol they are cool, they change in dynamics quite rapidly at some points, but its cool smile

MC_GG
aj i happen to have EP 3 Complete Score with SFX. Let me know if you need it. Maybe this can help you make the complete isolated score of ROTS.

metrotokyo
ok, well it's been a long time, but i finally got around to redoing Heroes Collide. actually, i redid the whole score, or what's available of it anyway, using aj's huge megafile (thanks, man) and JC's releases, plus my own material and edits. anyway, here's the one and only COMPLETE film version of Heroes Collide.

when i say, complete, i mean it tracks exactly to the film for the entire length of the piece, ALL missing and extended cues restored.

call it the definitive version, the ultimate version, or whatever, i can pretty much guarantee you're gonna love it.

if there's enough interest, maybe i'll upload the rest of my 2 disc album (separate tracks, not one huge file like aj's). Enjoy.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AST7WU6D

Sith Master X
Well you've got my interest. Fantastic job with that. I love it.

JKozzy
Very good! I'd be interested to hear your 2CD score as well. Always good to hear another version from another fan. wink

MC_GG
ok, well it's been a long time, but i finally got around to redoing Heroes Collide. actually, i redid the whole score, or what's available of it anyway, using aj's huge megafile (thanks, man) and JC's releases, plus my own material and edits. anyway, here's the one and only COMPLETE film version of Heroes Collide.

when i say, complete, i mean it tracks exactly to the film for the entire length of the piece, ALL missing and extended cues restored.

call it the definitive version, the ultimate version, or whatever, i can pretty much guarantee you're gonna love it.

if there's enough interest, maybe i'll upload the rest of my 2 disc album (separate tracks, not one huge file like aj's). Enjoy.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AST7WU6D
I'm interested in hearing your 2 disc album as well.

metrotokyo
Resurrecting a dead thread, ok so it's been 3 years, sue me, I finally got around to posting a couple of these to youtube with video for those of you who love these particular pieces. Here's Star Wars and The Battle Of Coruscant and Heroes Collide (Battle Of The Heroes) Film Version Isolated Scores, totally seamless and perfectly synched to the movie. Comments appreciated here & on youtube. Enjoy.

Star Wars and The Battle Of Coruscant

Heroes Collide (Battle Of The Heroes)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.