Green Goblin vs The Predator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

braz
no prep. GG has his standard arsenal with glider.

and this is a warrior class pred, thus, a vet. w/ shoulder cannon, wrist blades of course, combi-stick, netgun, & smart disk. medium armor with bio helmet of course, medikit, and cloaking device.

Darth Martin
Goes like this. Pred cloaks up, throws smart disk instead of shoulder cannon to be silent. That should tear the glider in half. Then pred procedes in taking GG in H2H. Pred wins. All of the weapons listed could waste GG. However, if Pred had a speargun he could snipe GG out real silent. Yautja own GG.

Thanos_6383
I hear Green Goblin is Class 10.Is this True?

Darth Martin
Could be. Doesn't really matter since preds take out xenomorphs on a daily basis. I'm willing to bet xenos are around class 12-15. Spidey range. Braz stated it is a warrior so it is expirienced.

braz
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Goes like this. Pred cloaks up, throws smart disk instead of shoulder cannon to be silent. That should tear the glider in half. Then pred procedes in taking GG in H2H. Pred wins. All of the weapons listed could waste GG. However, if Pred had a speargun he could snipe GG out real silent. Yautja own GG.

is the smart disk homing? cuz i heard someone say it wasnt in the movie, but only on the game on PC. and i forgot, did the shoulder cannon home too??

Darth Martin
Originally posted by braz
is the smart disk homing? cuz i heard someone say it wasnt in the movie, but only on the game on PC. and i forgot, did the shoulder cannon home too??

I am not so sure about the shoulder cannon, but the smart disk is definitaley homing.(that's why they call it the "SMART DISK".
I have not played the games but I have seen all three movies, and read some of the books.

Sam Z
Could be. Doesn't really matter since preds take out xenomorphs on a daily basis. I'm willing to bet xenos are around class 12-15. Spidey range. Braz stated it is a warrior so it is expirienced.

It does matter and taking xenos doesn't mean anything in this fight. Goblin IS stronger and in h2h would win this. Pred has better equipment but GG still bay blow him first.

Darth Martin
Not exactly, when u consider that yautja take xenos on a daily basis when they have razor sharp claws, steel hard hide, prohensive tail, and highly acidic blood. They take those in H2H with melee weapons. I'd say predator wins 7/10.

Sam Z
Not exactly, when u consider that yautja take xenos on a daily basis when they have razor sharp claws, steel hard hide, prohensive tail, and highly acidic blood. They take those in H2H with melee weapons. I'd say predator wins 7/10.

Forgot about his handclaws. Yes with them he'd win h2h majority but without no

Darth Martin
I didn't forget them braz added them to the fight. Those are melee weapons. Or did you mean in my post above I left them out.

grey fox
Predator gut's the goblin .

braz
yea, im pretty sure the smart disk was homing, thats y its called the 'smart disk' duh. i just heard som1 say it wasnt so i was just makin sure. Pred takes this.

Dinalfos
Didn't the Goblin(as in Norman Osborn) only have supernatural strength when adrenaline started flowing?

Swanky-Tuna
I'm pretty sure his stats approach Spiderman's and then he's got all the weaponry and gizmos that give him that umph. And his healing factor.

Thanos_6383
Green Goblin sure as hell isn't creeping upon the Predator,especially with that LAUGH.

Jyppe
... What the hell have you guys smoked? The disc has never tracked. It was only used once in the movies. In Predator 2, where it flies straight. It doesnt follow it's target. It's really fast (It's flying in slo-mo in the movie)

The Shoulder canon is tracking, but the bolts dont track their target. (Meaning = no seeking plasma balls, but they blasts are targetted at the current position of the enemy the Predator has locked on.)

One blast could take the goblin out if hit properly. + I'd say predator is stronger than a spiderman. Aliens and predators are rather equal in strength.

Predator wins easily, if the Goblin doesnt know the predator is there.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Jyppe
... What the hell have you guys smoked? The disc has never tracked. It was only used once in the movies. In Predator 2, where it flies straight. It doesnt follow it's target. It's really fast (It's flying in slo-mo in the movie)

The Shoulder canon is tracking, but the bolts dont track their target. (Meaning = no seeking plasma balls, but they blasts are targetted at the current position of the enemy the Predator has locked on.)

One blast could take the goblin out if hit properly. + I'd say predator is stronger than a spiderman. Aliens and predators are rather equal in strength.

Predator wins easily, if the Goblin doesnt know the predator is there. Disc - Chakt-ra
Slicing enemies in two, the disc provides unparalleled power to the skillful hunter. In the appropriate vision mode, the disc locks onto and tracks the nearest vision-specific target; otherwise, it travels in a straight line. Recalling the disc drains energy from the yautja's energy pool, especially when recalling the disc from a great distance. Using this weapon un-cloaks a yautja and it's tracking laser may be seen by enemies.

It locks on to its opponets set and returns back to the thrower. How will GG get out of the net if shot at him?......... That's right he won't.

riceroost
Predator should take Goblin. His stealth abilities ensure only someone with telepathy(Jean Grey/Mr. X), ESP (Spidey Sense), or super senses (DD/Wolvy/Panther) is even going to know he's coming.

Norman gets sniped 8/10.

Jyppe
Disc - Chakt-ra
Slicing enemies in two, the disc provides unparalleled power to the skillful hunter. In the appropriate vision mode, the disc locks onto and tracks the nearest vision-specific target; otherwise, it travels in a straight line. Recalling the disc drains energy from the yautja's energy pool, especially when recalling the disc from a great distance. Using this weapon un-cloaks a yautja and it's tracking laser may be seen by enemies.

It locks on to its opponets set and returns back to the thrower. How will GG get out of the net if shot at him?......... That's right he won't.

I dont count Predator/alien comics as canon. Only the movies. The movies are the orginal source of information, and the comics chance things which have been shown in the movies. .. but then again, this is a comic book forum :/

Judging from the movies: Not tracking
Comics/Games: tracking

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Jyppe
I dont count Predator/alien comics as canon. Only the movies. The movies are the orginal source of information, and the comics chance things which have been shown in the movies. .. but then again, this is a comic book forum :/

Judging from the movies: Not tracking
Comics/Games: tracking

Well seeing how this is the COMIC BOOK VERSUS FORUM i don't see why we can't count it.
What about netgun thats from movies.How is he gettin out of that.

Jyppe
DarthMartin. You know, I'm not defending Golbin here. I'm just saying that the disc in the movie didnt track :/

Hell, I'd even say Predator and Goblin are very near in strength.

I'd give this 8/10 to Predator.

Darth Martin
Read my post again, it's Comic Book Versus Forum gotta coun comics. Not arguing with u either.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.