After the end credits

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

phoenix100
Someone please tell me what I missed after the end credits. Specific details, please.

Ritoshi
prof x went in some guys dead body and started to kill people saying I am zombie X.

wsg
Really?

Ritoshi
ok well no. he went in a guys body that was like brain dead taht couldnt be saved or something so he lives!!

zachrivard
what???

G a n n o n
and the nurse lady is like "Charles??" and it ends.

Ritoshi
Originally posted by G a n n o n
and the nurse lady is like "Charles??" and it ends. You man his love from the comics!!

cain marko
wtf no way missed
**crys self to sleep**

LiL nAstY GirL
I heard that their was also two other ones. One was Mystique giving Magneto something, and another was Things flying around Jean's tombstone, and her coffin was empty

barand1
Ooh, maybe they will be included on the dvd perhaps.

LiL nAstY GirL
Maybe... And I also read an interview with the girl who played Psylocke, and she said she did so much more things than she did in the movie... Hopefully they'll be a DC or something

Shalimar_fox
could the nurse be Dr.mactagger

YourBiggestFan
if someone finds the clip somewhere please link! I have been searching without any luck.

TheOnes2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bogAgn0rslU&search=X-men%203%20end%20

got cut off at the end, she says: "charles??"

YourBiggestFan
cool, thanks

Shalimar_fox
yep it's Dr.Mactagger

Shalimar_fox
there will be an x4

DarthLazious
Man I should have stayed for the end of the movie

Jimmy Buggs
it wasnt that big of a deal. I liked the magneto one better.

Dr.Variant
an ode to Psylocke or the professer's son (Proteus). both these characters died and took life in an unconsious mind. a rather recent example of these ressurections was in ultimate x-men, issues 13-20.

allofyousuckkk
wait, i didnt see a magneto one....in sawe the one where she says charles....how can i get my hands on these other two scenes?

T.M
Originally posted by LiL nAstY GirL
I heard that their was also two other ones. One was Mystique giving Magneto something, and another was Things flying around Jean's tombstone, and her coffin was empty

Yeah I heard there where 3 different endings.

cain marko
what can we see these endings?

T.M
Originally posted by cain marko
what can we see these endings?

They will probably all be on the DVD release.

subgenius
I only saw two endings, but they implied many others. If Magneto gets his powers back, then so should Mystique and many others -- everyone. If Xavier could survive, then so could Cyclops and Jean Grey. Cyclops because we never saw him die on screen. Later Jean says something to Logan like "Kill me before I kill again." Everyone is assuming that that is a confession about Scott -- but, she also had "killed" Charles by that time. Who can say what she meant?

I am trying to recall the situation with the Brotherhood of Mutants. Magneto founded the group, but I was sure that Destiny and Mystique took control of the group when the new X-Men group was formed. By "new" I mean when Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Storm, Collossus, Thunderbird, and so on joined the comic. Magneto did not lead the Brotherhood anymore after that period, IIRC. IMO, that makes the split onscreen between Mystique and Magneto make perfect sense (although, I hated how they did it).

The Pict
magneto is more powerful that mystique and the others so maybe that's why he is getting his powers back

subgenius
Originally posted by The Pict
magneto is more powerful that mystique and the others so maybe that's why he is getting his powers back

Maybe, but I think that the permanent cure was not permanent. It may be one of those cures that requires constant application of the dosage of the curing formula. But, even Hank McKoy said that the drug inhibits or suppresses the mutant gene... not essentially a cure. Just like Stryker's control drug, the cure is temporary and must be reapplied. At least, that is my opinion...

The Pict
didn't hank say permanently in the mansion?

subgenius
didn't hank say permanently in the mansion?

He said permanently suppress... But, he never clarified that. He was not the expert on the cure. He only knew what was being reported to him and what he saw. But, look at it again. When Hank met Proteus (the kid in the white room at the lab), Hank goes to touch him and his hand reverts to normal. When he withdrew his hand, it returned to being blue-fur covered. I think that by implication the cure must be applied on a regular basis much like insulin for a diabetic patient.

The Pict
i thought that was leech in the lab

subgenius
i thought that was leech in the lab

You may be correct, but people keep correcting me on that and saying it was Proteus. Now I am confused, but I do not think it changes our point of temporary cure versus permanent cure.

marvelprince
It was Leech in the lab, not Proteus

The Pict
people's powers disappear around leech so i think so and it said leech in wizard mag,
still im guessing the cure is untested so it could relapse after time.

marvelprince
Yup, it was shown in the movie where Beast is looking at a computer readout where they show a picture of the boy and the have his name as Leech on the screen. And I agree that the cure doesn't seem to be a permenant fix

Fiann@
Leech's powers are only temporary, as they saind in the movie, so I assume that cure wasn't completely finished. They had to use it to fight the Brotherhood, obviously it would keep them down long enough to be taken into custody or something.

Magento probably got his powers back because he was very powerful and his powers rely on something that is all around the earth at all times I guess. I assume that lesser powered characters will get their powers back over a longer period of time. messed

The Pict
so rogue could unknowingly kill iceman at some point? aw well i don't really like him anywayz.

The Pict
wow thats...um a nice picture

Fiann@
so rogue could unknowingly kill iceman at some point? aw well i don't really like him anywayz. I know, let's hope she does, and then they can bring Gambit wink
wow thats...um a nice picture
My sig? Thanks happy

The Pict
its quite a cool line as well, from a pretty cool comic

masterkit
The ending was interesting, but it made me mad cuz it was like 5 seconds and I had to sit throu the credits!

MrHeavySilence
Wouldn't it have been interesting if this happened:

Magneto is still contemplating on the chess game he's playing with himself, and suddenly a rook or a knight moves by itself. And Magneto looks around the air, smiles, and whispers: ...Charles.

As if to nod that the Prof was in a non-physical form or on some higher plane.

cain marko
maybe as charles was in a body he was using his telpathy cant say really i aint seen the ending

K3VIL
Magneto moving the metal chess king was a great conclusion to me, he's still here with his self proclamed ruler attitude, this old man is kicking assess and never surrender, but something I would like is Professor X coming back in the 4 or 5th movie and fighting Magneto, maybe on Avalon or Asteroid M, using his mind powers, and some telekinesis.I now he hasn't got it, but it would be fun to watch.

NiņoArņia
wait, the alt. endings were after the credits??

InnerRise
Originally posted by subgenius
I only saw two endings, but they implied many others. If Magneto gets his powers back, then so should Mystique and many others -- everyone. If Xavier could survive, then so could Cyclops and Jean Grey. Cyclops because we never saw him die on screen. Later Jean says something to Logan like "Kill me before I kill again." Everyone is assuming that that is a confession about Scott -- but, she also had "killed" Charles by that time. Who can say what she meant?

I am trying to recall the situation with the Brotherhood of Mutants. Magneto founded the group, but I was sure that Destiny and Mystique took control of the group when the new X-Men group was formed. By "new" I mean when Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Storm, Collossus, Thunderbird, and so on joined the comic. Magneto did not lead the Brotherhood anymore after that period, IIRC. IMO, that makes the split onscreen between Mystique and Magneto make perfect sense (although, I hated how they did it).

Actually Jean hadn't killed Prof. X by this time.

Maybe, but I think that the permanent cure was not permanent. It may be one of those cures that requires constant application of the dosage of the curing formula. But, even Hank McKoy said that the drug inhibits or suppresses the mutant gene... not essentially a cure. Just like Stryker's control drug, the cure is temporary and must be reapplied. At least, that is my opinion... Actually Beast said the cure got rid of the mutation Permanently.

He said permanently suppress... But, he never clarified that. He was not the expert on the cure. He only knew what was being reported to him and what he saw. But, look at it again. When Hank met Proteus (the kid in the white room at the lab), Hank goes to touch him and his hand reverts to normal. When he withdrew his hand, it returned to being blue-fur covered. I think that by implication the cure must be applied on a regular basis much like insulin for a diabetic patient.

Just means when you get close to LEECH you lose your mutations and when you move away they come back.

Originally posted by masterkit
The ending was interesting, but it made me mad cuz it was like 5 seconds and I had to sit throu the credits!

30 Seconds to be exact.

is it comprehensible.....

H. S. 6
Originally posted by InnerRise
Actually Beast said the cure got rid of the mutation Permanently.

Beast was wrong.

I also think the parallel made between the cure and Leech's power is interesting. Seeing as how the cure comes from the boy's genes, and his powers are only temporary, I feel we can justifiably assume that the cure itself is temporary.

InnerRise
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Beast was wrong.

I also think the parallel made between the cure and Leech's power is interesting. Seeing as how the cure comes from the boy's genes, and his powers are only temporary, I feel we can justifiably assume that the cure itself is temporary. Yeah, I agree.

wolverex84
my question now is, if they can find a mutant that can repress the mutant X gene, can't they find another mutant that can manipulate the x-mutant gene to be more aggressive, if there is a cure, then there should be a formula to counteract such cure, making mutant gain more power.

InnerRise
Why should there be?

Where talking about mutation.

Why should there be something to counteract a cure?

wolverex84
Why should there be?

Where talking about mutation.

Why should there be something to counteract a cure?

well first and foremost we are talking about mutation and yes it can explain why some mutant can regain their power after it has been repressed by the cure, maybe angel can take it can become arch angel, or beast can take it can become dark beast, or juggenaut can take it and become the cgi classical juggernaut and so on, just a thought though.

InnerRise
I don't see how this concoction would turn Angel's wings into metal.

wolverex84
I don't see how this concoction would turn Angel's wings into metal.

well, i don't konw how the concortion would trun his wings into metal, but you get my point.

Silverstein
it may not really be a cure, its just a thing to supress the mutant x gene, they just slapped the "cure" label on it, like Beast said "...THEY'RE CALLING IT a cure..." but he also did say supress permenantly

InnerRise
We're just speaking in hypotheticals.

We don't really think the cure is permanent.

At least I don't.

Gornack
The nurse at the end of the credits wan Moyra or Myra or something like that. Who is she???

systemshock2
Originally posted by Gornack
The nurse at the end of the credits wan Moyra or Myra or something like that. Who is she???

Olivia Williams. For fans of the movie "Rushmore", she was the beautiful teacher whom Max falls completely for.

Icicle
Originally posted by Gornack

The character or the actor?
Heres some info I found on the character....

Identity: Publicly known
Legal Status: Citizen of the United Kingdom with no criminal record
Other Aliases: None
Place of Birth: Kinross estate, Scotland
Marital Status: Widowed
Known Relatives: Lord Kinross (father), Joseph MacTaggart (husband, deceased), Kevin Proteus (son, apparently deceased)
Group Affiliation: X-Men
Base of Operations: Mutant Research Center Muir Island, Scotland
First Appearance: X-MEN #96
Final Appearance:

History: Dr. Moira MacTaggart is the daughter of the powerful Scots nobleman Lord Kinross. She proved to be a brilliant student of the biological sciences and selected genetics as her specialty. Moira married Joseph MacTaggart, a Royal Marine Commando with political ambitions. But this marriage proved to be a disastrous one.

As a college, student she met Charles Xavier who was working toward a doctorate at Oxford University. The two fell in love with each other immediately and their romance lasted for years. Eventually they became engaged to be married, pending the annulment of her own marriage to Joseph MacTaggart. But then Xavier was drafted into the military. She promised to wait until he was released from military service. However, while he was recovering in a hospital from battlefield injuries, Xavier received a letter from Moira breaking off their engagement with out explanation and stating that she was returning, home to Scotland.

Joseph MacTaggart had proved to be a brutal husband, and finally, while they were in New York City, he beat and sexually assaulted her, causing her to be hospitalized for a week and leaving her pregnant. From then on Moira lived apart from her husband, although he refused to grant her a divorce, and she kept the fact that he had a son secret from him for twenty years.

Moira MacTaggart led a brilliant career as one of the world's leading geneticists, earning a Nobel Prize for her work. She founded a Mutant Research Center on Muir Island off the coast of Scotland. Eventually she renewed contact with Xavier during a period he spent in England working on a degree in psychiatry. Xavier and MacTaggart discussed the possibility of establishing a school for training, superhuman mutants in the use of their powers. Eventually, MacTaggart became Xavier's "silent partner" in founding this school, which trained the team of mutant adventurers known as the X-Men.

When Moira's son began to manifest destructive mutant powers, she attempted to cure him, but her efforts were in vain, and she was forced to keep him imprisoned at her Mutant Research Center. It was there, too, that she treated the mutant known as Legion, Xavier's illegitimate son by a former lover, Gabrielle Haller. (Xavier himself remained unaware of Legion's existence for years.) Moira took as her ward the orphaned Scots girl Rahne Sinclair, who would herself demonstrate mutant powers in years to come. Xavier would sometimes turn over captured dangerous mutants to Moira for study.

Moira MacTaggart finally made her presence known to the X-Men when she arrived at their doorstep claiming to be their new housekeeper. The X-Men soon learned her true profession and visited her Muir Isle research center. Moira fell in love with Sean Cassidy, the X-Man known as the Banshee, and their relationship persisted on.

Moira's son, Kevin, who was code-named "Mutant X" but called himself Proteus, escaped from confinement at Muir Isle and began using his powers to possess the bodies of others and drain their life energies and to warp people's perceptions of reality to terrorize the Scots countryside. The X-Men attempted to stop Proteus, and Moira warned Joseph MacTaggart about him. (At this point it had been twenty years since she had left him.) Proteus took possession of his father's body, ravaging it, and attempted to kill his mother. Instead, however, Proteus was himself apparently destroyed by the X-Man Colossus. Joseph MacTaggart died as a result of being possessed by Proteus.

Sometime afterward, Moira discovered that Rahne Sinclair had the mutant ability to transform herself into wolf-like form. Dr. MacTaggart brought Sinclair to Xavier and persuaded him to establish a new team of superhuman mutant trainees who became known as the New Mutants.

Shortly before the last time Xavier left Earth for the Shi'ar Galaxy, MacTaggart and Gabrielle Haller finally revealed to him that Legion was his son.

Moira MacTaggart continued to operate her Muir Isle research center and has proved to be a valuable ally to mutants who have trained under Xavier's guidance.

With the first human to contract the Legacy Virus, Moira was one of many frantically working on a cure, even to the point of self-quarantining herself at one stage. Moira also assisted Charles and the Beast in analyzing the Skrull Wolverine impostor.

Moira died as a result of internal injuries caused by the destruction of the Muir Isle facility by Mystique and the Brotherhood of Mutants. Just prior, Moira had discovered the cure to the new strain of the Legacy Virus that Mystique had created; one that only infected humans. Moira clung on to life long enough to survive a trans-Atlantic flight to transfer that information to Charles, then died in his arms.

Height: 5 ft. 7 in.
Weight: 135 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown

Strength Level: Moira MacTaggart possesses the normal human strength of a woman of her age, height, and build who engages in moderate regular exercise.

Known Superhuman Powers: None

Other Abilities: Dr. Moira MacTaggart was one of the worlds leading geneticists and possessed special expertise in the study of superhumanly powerful mutants

Altar[1stONE]
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
Wouldn't it have been interesting if this happened:

Magneto is still contemplating on the chess game he's playing with himself, and suddenly a rook or a knight moves by itself. And Magneto looks around the air, smiles, and whispers: ...Charles.

As if to nod that the Prof was in a non-physical form or on some higher plane.

I was actually expecting that to happen, the way the camera was moving around magneto. I thought for sure the chess pieces would be moving telepathically . Like a homage to the first ending.

RZA
Wait, corect me if I'm wrong but did we actually see the chess piece move?

Gornack
Originally posted by RZA
Wait, corect me if I'm wrong but did we actually see the chess piece move?
yes Although, he could have just blown on it. big grin

Gornack
Originally posted by Icicle
The character or the actor?
Heres some info I found on the character....

Identity: Publicly known
Legal Status: Citizen of the United Kingdom with no criminal record
Other Aliases: None
Place of Birth: Kinross estate, Scotland
Marital Status: Widowed
Known Relatives: Lord Kinross (father), Joseph MacTaggart (husband, deceased), Kevin Proteus (son, apparently deceased)
Group Affiliation: X-Men
Base of Operations: Mutant Research Center Muir Island, Scotland
First Appearance: X-MEN #96
Final Appearance:

History: Dr. Moira MacTaggart is the daughter of the powerful Scots nobleman Lord Kinross. She proved to be a brilliant student of the biological sciences and selected genetics as her specialty. Moira married Joseph MacTaggart, a Royal Marine Commando with political ambitions. But this marriage proved to be a disastrous one.

As a college, student she met Charles Xavier who was working toward a doctorate at Oxford University. The two fell in love with each other immediately and their romance lasted for years. Eventually they became engaged to be married, pending the annulment of her own marriage to Joseph MacTaggart. But then Xavier was drafted into the military. She promised to wait until he was released from military service. However, while he was recovering in a hospital from battlefield injuries, Xavier received a letter from Moira breaking off their engagement with out explanation and stating that she was returning, home to Scotland.

Joseph MacTaggart had proved to be a brutal husband, and finally, while they were in New York City, he beat and sexually assaulted her, causing her to be hospitalized for a week and leaving her pregnant. From then on Moira lived apart from her husband, although he refused to grant her a divorce, and she kept the fact that he had a son secret from him for twenty years.

Moira MacTaggart led a brilliant career as one of the world's leading geneticists, earning a Nobel Prize for her work. She founded a Mutant Research Center on Muir Island off the coast of Scotland. Eventually she renewed contact with Xavier during a period he spent in England working on a degree in psychiatry. Xavier and MacTaggart discussed the possibility of establishing a school for training, superhuman mutants in the use of their powers. Eventually, MacTaggart became Xavier's "silent partner" in founding this school, which trained the team of mutant adventurers known as the X-Men.

When Moira's son began to manifest destructive mutant powers, she attempted to cure him, but her efforts were in vain, and she was forced to keep him imprisoned at her Mutant Research Center. It was there, too, that she treated the mutant known as Legion, Xavier's illegitimate son by a former lover, Gabrielle Haller. (Xavier himself remained unaware of Legion's existence for years.) Moira took as her ward the orphaned Scots girl Rahne Sinclair, who would herself demonstrate mutant powers in years to come. Xavier would sometimes turn over captured dangerous mutants to Moira for study.

Moira MacTaggart finally made her presence known to the X-Men when she arrived at their doorstep claiming to be their new housekeeper. The X-Men soon learned her true profession and visited her Muir Isle research center. Moira fell in love with Sean Cassidy, the X-Man known as the Banshee, and their relationship persisted on.

Moira's son, Kevin, who was code-named "Mutant X" but called himself Proteus, escaped from confinement at Muir Isle and began using his powers to possess the bodies of others and drain their life energies and to warp people's perceptions of reality to terrorize the Scots countryside. The X-Men attempted to stop Proteus, and Moira warned Joseph MacTaggart about him. (At this point it had been twenty years since she had left him.) Proteus took possession of his father's body, ravaging it, and attempted to kill his mother. Instead, however, Proteus was himself apparently destroyed by the X-Man Colossus. Joseph MacTaggart died as a result of being possessed by Proteus.

Sometime afterward, Moira discovered that Rahne Sinclair had the mutant ability to transform herself into wolf-like form. Dr. MacTaggart brought Sinclair to Xavier and persuaded him to establish a new team of superhuman mutant trainees who became known as the New Mutants.

Shortly before the last time Xavier left Earth for the Shi'ar Galaxy, MacTaggart and Gabrielle Haller finally revealed to him that Legion was his son.

Moira MacTaggart continued to operate her Muir Isle research center and has proved to be a valuable ally to mutants who have trained under Xavier's guidance.

With the first human to contract the Legacy Virus, Moira was one of many frantically working on a cure, even to the point of self-quarantining herself at one stage. Moira also assisted Charles and the Beast in analyzing the Skrull Wolverine impostor.

Moira died as a result of internal injuries caused by the destruction of the Muir Isle facility by Mystique and the Brotherhood of Mutants. Just prior, Moira had discovered the cure to the new strain of the Legacy Virus that Mystique had created; one that only infected humans. Moira clung on to life long enough to survive a trans-Atlantic flight to transfer that information to Charles, then died in his arms.

Height: 5 ft. 7 in.
Weight: 135 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown

Strength Level: Moira MacTaggart possesses the normal human strength of a woman of her age, height, and build who engages in moderate regular exercise.

Known Superhuman Powers: None

Other Abilities: Dr. Moira MacTaggart was one of the worlds leading geneticists and possessed special expertise in the study of superhumanly powerful mutants

This totally answers my question, thanks! smile

Jimmy Buggs
One thing to think about. Even though charles mind is in this new body, will he have his powers? I mean arent mutant abilitys in the bodys DNA not the mind? on the other hand it was charles' old voice coming out of a new body. So if prof x is in part 4 he would look like some differnt guy with the same voice.?!

Scarecrow756
That would be weird.

cain marko
Originally posted by Jimmy Buggs
One thing to think about. Even though charles mind is in this new body, will he have his powers? I mean arent mutant abilitys in the bodys DNA not the mind? on the other hand it was charles' old voice coming out of a new body. So if prof x is in part 4 he would look like some differnt guy with the same voice.?!

i was thinking the xact same thing but it is his psyche maybe he has haversted him power in his own entity

Sans_Fi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWFHpeccA0M&search=xmen%20last%20stand

here is it again

Rave X
Originally posted by Sans_Fi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWFHpeccA0M&search=xmen%20last%20stand

here is it again

jeez thanks!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.