Wolverine's Costume?/Gambit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Super Kal El
This has probably already been asked however I was wondering why Hugh Jackman only wears the black X-Men costume in the films? As opposed to the traditional Yellow and Blue Suit? is it because they wanted an established actor to be associated with the character or to simply market the Wolverine persona in a different attire?

Also where is the logic in leaving out a cult classic / one of the most popular characters and my fav Gambit? is it because the didnt have room for his rebel/ bad boy/ rogue personality? considering these type of characteristics are portrayed mainly by Wolerine, perhaps the writers felt two charcters of similar nature was a waste of valuable screen time?
One quick other question is Gambit Cyclops brother??? I cannot recall correctly. Thx for time

Noa
I dunno... it is practicality I guess the black costume made more sense then his characther suddenly going from uninterested to those "gung-ho charge!" yellow spandex.lol
no gambit is NOT cyke's brother.
you must be new to x-men huh?

Fiann@
I think that they didn't want to include the bright spandex because they run the risk of it looking very ridiculous, I don't think it would translate that well from page into film, plus they seemed to be going for a darker tone to the film, similar to the Ultimate comics.

Noa
Originally posted by Fiann@
I think that they didn't want to include the bright spandex because they run the risk of it looking very ridiculous, I don't think it would translate that well from page into film, plus they seemed to be going for a darker tone to the film, similar to the Ultimate comics.

that is like exactly what I was trying to say...hmmm except yours came out better mad

Happy Dance lol this dude is so cool

Mišt
Cyclops made that little joke about it in X1.....basically it would look stupid. Could you seriously see Hugh Jackman jumping around in bright yellow and blue? Hell no, he's a bad ass actor, needs a bad ass costume.

ThePittman
I liked these uniforms much better then in X2, I felt they were a little more of a cross between the comics and real life. The one is X2 reminded me of biker suits.

drwerwer
Arnt they all the same through the movies.

Silverstein
i think the suits are SLIGHTLY changed, but i still dont like the black suits, they're to generic/similar to each other, and resemble biker suits. they dont have to give wolverine the yellow tights, but atleast like ultimate wolverine or something would be cool.

remy_gambit
no, cyclops and gambit are not brothers, not even related. Cyclops has a brother, Alex AKA Havok. Gambit had an adoptive brother, Henri Lebeau. This is based on the comics

The Unknown
Originally posted by Super Kal El Also where is the logic in leaving out a cult classic / one of the most popular characters and my fav Gambit? is it because the didnt have room for his rebel/ bad boy/ rogue personality? considering these type of characteristics are portrayed mainly by Wolerine, perhaps the writers felt two charcters of similar nature was a waste of valuable screen time?
One quick other question is Gambit Cyclops brother??? I cannot recall correctly. Thx for time

Gambit was originally going to be in X2. They filmed a scene with him, played by James Bamford (on-set stunt coorindator for Stargate Atlantis), in which he reacted to the attempt to kill all the mutants by using Cerebro. While playing poker, he suddenly reacts to Cerebro, and his mutant power activates, causing his cards to explode. For some reason, it was cut out.

Bamm69
Nickalaus cage for gambit and Gambit was created from gene splicing using cyclops genes per wikipedia.

Silke
Originally posted by remy_gambit
no, cyclops and gambit are not brothers, not even related. Cyclops has a brother, Alex AKA Havok. Gambit had an adoptive brother, Henri Lebeau. This is based on the comics

Cyclops also has another brother, Vulcan aka Gabriel Summers.

But for the longest time it was speculated Gambit could be the third Summers brother Sinister hinted at when he said something to Cyclops about him and his brothers (plural). Amongst the fans, Gambit was considered to be the most likely candidate for the third brother role, followed by Adam X/ X-treme whom the writer who invented him actually always intended for that role specifically. The writer left Marvel though before Adam X could be revealed as third Summers brother and his plot ideas were dropped.

It was then revealed that Vulcan was the third Summers brother, while Gambit was genetically engineered from spliced off DNA of Scott's and thus, is a partial Cyclops clone.

Since Sinister couldn't know of Vulcan, it stands to reason he must have meant another one but him when he mentioned 'brothers' - most likely Gambit in whom he has shown vested interest time and time again. But he has also been very involved in Adam X while he was still being written in the comics and so, the meaning of Sinister's words once again are anyone's guess.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.