Obscure Musicians that people should know about.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



papabeard
Do you know of any osbcure established musicians that dont have a great deal of exposure, that you think are ace and that other people should hear?



For example :

Chris Bell, who was a member of the band Big Star, whos solo work is fantastic, kind of spaced out, he was a big influence on the sound of Flaming Lips.

Check him out, particulalry a song called "I am the Cosmos"

Because I can
Brandi Carlile....?
Thats the only unknown person that i know.. if that makes sense stick out tongue

Chris Bell... name rings a bell....i'll hunt him down.

Nellinator
Doc Walker...... if you like country.

musicislife
Billy Joe Shaver his work is pretty much all solo his best song IMO is "Freedoms Child."

Alpha Centauri
They're usually obscure for a reason, people being too lazy, stupid or both to know any better.

I intend to keep it that way.

-AC

jaden101
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
They're usually obscure for a reason, people being too lazy, stupid or both to know any better.

I intend to keep it that way.

-AC

thats not a very nice thing to say about the musiciaaaahhh right gotcha

Darth Revan
Genus Pro: http://www.genuspro.com/ it's hot like August nights, you damn fool.

RogerRamjet
Robert Smith
Rob Zombie
Ozzy Osbourne
Perry Farrell
Ian Anderson
Bjoerk
Morrisey
Michael Jackson

Phat J
lol man half those people are pretty well known

michael jacksons the king of pop, come on.

RogerRamjet
but they are all pretty obscure, despite their fame an' fortune stick out tongue

Darth Jello
Rikk Agnew
Frank Agnew
Will Shatter
Bruce Loose
Tony Brandenberg/Cadena/Montana/Adolescent/Reflex
Thurston Moore
Lee Ronaldo
Penelope Houston
Dick Dale
Link Wray
Todd Barnes
Rozz Rezabek
Becky Bondage
GG Allen

knight
BIG COUNTRY
BUZZCOCKS
Arctic Monkeys
Dave Davies
Steve Harley
Cockney Rebel
The Move
Mike Oldfield
The Skids
The Kinks

Time Of Evil
Originally posted by knight
BIG COUNTRY
BUZZCOCKS
Arctic Monkeys
Dave Davies
Steve Harley
Cockney Rebel
The Move
Mike Oldfield
The Skids
The Kinks

Mate, Arctic Monkeys have the fantest selling album in the UK ever. Or is it the fastest selling since the Beatles. At the moment they are one of the biggest bands.

Flying High
uhm...Idlewild i suppose big grin


and i guess it depends what you like more...their newer stuff is more mellow...their older stuff more rocky and punk..ish...

papabeard
Graham Nash of The Hollies and CSNY released an excellent solo album called "Songs For Beginners", which is really rather good.


www.suitelorraine.com/suitelorraine/Pages/nashsongsfor.html

-hh-
Originally posted by Darth Revan
Genus Pro: http://www.genuspro.com/ it's hot like August nights, you damn fool. ehhhh i really like genus pro. some of their production is great but i dunno....they kinda remind me of another group of mc's...

Darth Revan
Originally posted by -hh-
ehhhh i really like genus pro. some of their production is great but i dunno....they kinda remind me of another group of mc's...

You mean you don't? confused

I'm probably biased since they're from my hometown... Love the production, though.

-hh-
Originally posted by Darth Revan
You mean you don't? confused

I'm probably biased since they're from my hometown... Love the production, though. no i like the group, they just remind me of another group...i just cant tell which group stick out tongue

P, that Dude
az
C-N-N
crooked i
poet
saigon

Dr. Strangelove
David St. Hubbins

A guitarist, singer, poet.

We owe so much to Hubbins.

papabeard
He's not really obscure but Ravi Shankar is [email protected] awesome, he's a sitar player.

knight
Originally posted by Time Of Evil
Mate, Arctic Monkeys have the fantest selling album in the UK ever. Or is it the fastest selling since the Beatles. At the moment they are one of the biggest bands.

That's one of the great things about The U.K. the music scene is always buzzing, but as a person that is currently locked in a "God Forsaken Shit-Hole" music from The U.K. filters down here eventually... I'm surprised it filters here at all.

The Bands & Artists that I've listed are all WELL known in The U.K. but here if you asked someone at random about any of them, "Who's That, Never Heard Of 'Em".
and that is why they could be Obscure Musicians... Only here though.

That really Shit's me about the people here, CLICHED and boring.

papabeard
Dave Van Ronk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.