x men 3 fan reviews

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

phoenix100
There were things that I did like about this movie, but there were many things that I did not. I just felt constantly reminded that they had missed the plot somewhere. The Phoenix story arc, in the early 80s, was one of the most successful story arcs in comic book history, and very much a pivitol moment in so many ways: 1) the popularity of the X-men 2) the modernization of the X men comics 3) the recognition that Jean Grey was more than just a damsel in distress (as she was often displayed in the 60s and 70s), but a strong, female chanracter in her own right 4) A progression in the Scott/Jean relationship (Cyclops asked her to marry him as the Phoenix story was unfolding - and yes, she was naked at the time...outside of the Grey family residence following a grand battle between Dark Phoenix and the X-Men). Needless to say, the finale resulted in Dark Phoenix committing suicide in front of Cyclops, and him leaving the X-Men in absolute devastation (similar to the movie). This was quite the dramatic tragedy for a 1980s comic, only for the couple to be reunited some time later (because of popular demand) and for them to be married in 1995 and arguably, because of all the varrying timelines, clones and ressurections, have 4 children together (Rachael, Nathan, Nate, Stryfe).
The storyline in the movie had all these possibilities, and so much more cannon material to work with. But instead we got...well... another Wolverine movie... Don't get me wrong. I like Wolverine. I like Storm (I liked her more in this X Men film). But I was left feeling like the other actors were trying to 'ditch' the franchise and all that we had left, following a battle of egos, was Wolverine and Storm and a bunch of secondary mutants that didn't mind playing second fiddle to the above 2.

X3 did not confirm that Dark Phoenix killed Cyclops. She just got very angry when anyone accused her of killing him (which might mean that she didn't kill him and that she had sex with him instead, like she did in the comics when she took off his visor/glasses, and the poor guy is now walking around Alkali Lake without his visor, which would explain why he didn't make it back in time to enjoy all the special effects...I mean action.

cain marko
she did confirm she killed him. wwhen wolverine is talking to her and she says kill me/ killme before i kill someone else. she is refering to cyclops plus that dark shaded part of her eyes appeared when she kissed him. that happened everytime she killed sumone

buffymitch
This movie doesn't come close to what Brian Singer did to the first two but then again Brian Singer did just to great. That's why Bret rattner doesn't really dissapoint. If you blame the story blame Zakk Penn who wrote it. Some Characters felt useless and the movie wasn't really Story driven.

The Movie is way to short. For the "last" Moves they could have gone all out. but maybe it isnt the last movie. Maybe that was just a publicity stunt.

The Score is amazingly unoriginal. I thought it sometimes kinda looked like the Spidey soundtrack remixed with the score of the second X-men Movie.

The real star of this movie is without a doubt the Special FX and Jean grey being really bad ass. When Rattner said he made this movie more emotional he wasn't lying. I'm pretty sure half of the X-men cried when some of the chracters died.

This movie is basically what the fans wanted to see. a lot of characters!! You see characters almost everywhere. And it doesn't work really. Brian Singer knew that. Look at Angel his characters. His part in the movie was Pointless but still kinda cool to see.

The true dissapointment in this movie is that we didn't get to see Jean in her fiery form. that was the one thing i was lookking forward too. and i bet a lot of people also. I saw it twice and bret rattner doesn't really dissapoint. it was his first time and with al those special affects and cool fighting scenes i had fun.

on a scale of 1 to 10 i'd give it a 8.5
X1 - 8
X2 - 9.5

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.