ANH Obi-Wan Kenobi vs RotS Darth Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xepeyon
Who Wins?

DarthMaul9123
SIds

Motoko Sama
Sidious takes it.

Null ARC Avis
Originally posted by Motoko Sama
Sidious takes it.

DarthMaul9123
who voted for ob1?

l0rd?
It would be close but Sidious would take it.

Janus Marius
ROTS Sidious wins. Obi-Wan can't take Vader, let alone Sids.

DePWNZOR
Obi Wan COULD take Vader.

Janus Marius
No, he couldn't. If he could, he would have. Right then and there. And the novelization says that Obi-Wan couldn't overcome him.

I really don't like the idea, but it's pretty evident.

DePWNZOR
ROTS Obi-Wan>OT Vader probably.

Why wouldn't ANH Obi?

darthsith19
Originally posted by Janus Marius
No, he couldn't. If he could, he would have. Right then and there. And the novelization says that Obi-Wan couldn't overcome him.

I really don't like the idea, but it's pretty evident.
Lucas says Obi-Wan sacrificed himself to let Luke and the others escape. Otherwise they'd have stood there and watched and might be found. If they were discovered they'd have been killed.

Razielim
5 stormtroopers ? Obi takes on a heck more in RotS.

If he were alot stronger than Vader, he would have done the smart thing and:

- Beat Vader before the Stormtroopers come in.
- Kill the 5 stormtroopers outside.
- Escape, train Luke, aid the rebellion, and have a greater chance against the Emperor.

Janus Marius
Originally posted by darthsith19
Lucas says Obi-Wan sacrificed himself to let Luke and the others escape. Otherwise they'd have stood there and watched and might be found. If they were discovered they'd have been killed.

Is this in the DVD? I haven't seen the OT on DVD.

Xepeyon
This isn't on the DVD. I have it. where was it heard?

darthsith19
Yes, ANH DVD, Audio Commebtary, end of the duel between Obi-Wan and Vader.

The Stormies almost killed Luke as it was. Kenobi wouldn't be able to kill all five that quickly. And what if more Stormtroopers walked on on them or up in the control room or whatever the hell it was that Stormtrooper that was "standing guard" looked out at the Falcon and saw Luke standing there and sounded an alarm?

DarthMaul9123
Obiwan also had to go because of the whole balance of the force thing

DE Luke
Obi-Wan gets pwned.

JaehSkywalker
i wanna vote for obi but this time i agree that obi gets pwned...

Starwalker
Sidious easily takes it.

((The_Anomaly))
Sidious mops the floor with Kenobi.

Council#13
Sidious wins this one. Didn't you see how he tied with Yoda in a lightsaber fight then overcame Yoda in a Force-Fight? Yoda was, without a doubt, a better lightsaber fighter than Obi-Wan even in his prime.

Razielim
To be fair, Sidious barely lost both fights.

Council#13
How did Sidious lose the Yoda fight?

Razielim
Sidious lost the saber fight. Confirmed by the script.

The force fight looked like it was going in Yoda's favor... especially when Sidious started screaming.

darthsith19
And when Yoda fled, saberless and battered. And Sidious losing his aber does not mean he lost the saber fight.

Sesse
Losing a saber = Losing your life.

"Next time try not to lose it."
"Sorryz mastah"
"This weapon is your LIFE!"

darthsith19
Originally posted by Sesse

"Sorryz mastah"
Ever think that Sidious may have lsot it on purpose so Yoda would get overconfident, thinking without his saber Sidious is defeated so then Sidious can unleash some Force powers and catch Yoda by surprise?

overlord
OH OH!! MY TURN!! I think Sidious wins!!!
It would be like a Fisto death..

Sesse
Nope...

overlord
OH.

Sesse
Me never talks to you. Me talked to guy behind you.

Council#13

"Sorryz mastah"

Well, apparently losing one's saber does not mean that one loses the fight, as can be seen in the battle between Yoda and Sidious erm

I'm sure Obi-Wan meant something else by that, like how that lightsaber was the symbol of Anakin's life as a Jedi

Sesse
No... Thats not true! Thats impossible! no

Great Vengeance

Lol.

Council#13

laughing

DE Luke
Ever think that Sidious may have lsot it on purpose so Yoda would get overconfident, thinking without his saber Sidious is defeated so then Sidious can unleash some Force powers and catch Yoda by surprise? Ever think of not spouting something besides an ussupported assumption?Uh,no.Sids lost his saber fair and square,he wouldn't be that cocky by losing his saber on purpose against the best Saber duelist in the PT.Nice try,but give me a statement that backs up your claim,then I'll believe you,until then,that post is next to,relatively,bullshit. wink

@Sesse:laughing out loud

darthsith19
Who won? Sidious did. How? By not using his lightsaber. He beat Yoda unarmed when Yoda ahd a blade. How? Cause Yoda got cocky. Why? Cause Sidious was unarmed.

overlord
Me never talks to you. Me talked to guy behind you. USE THE QUOTE BUTTON FOR BETTAR COMMUNICATION SKILLS!!!!

DE Luke
Who won? Sidious did. How? By not using his lightsaber. He beat Yoda unarmed when Yoda ahd a blade. How? Cause Yoda got cocky. Why? Cause Sidious was unarmed. Where does it say Yoda got cocky?I want to see a quote of this!Oh yeah,I forgot,there isn't,because it's all in your imagination!

Sids didn't lose his saber on purpose,you failed to point out that he did do it to make Yoda seem like he was superior.Again, your other post is relitively unsupported assumption bullshit.And again,provide a quote as to if Sids DID lose his saber on purpose,then I'll believe you,until then,that other post is pure bullshit.

True Fox
When did Sidious actually lose his saber?

DE Luke
When they were fighting in the Chancellor's Podium,Yoda knocks it out of his hand,then Sids jumps to a Senate Pdo and start throwing.It's not in the movie,but it IS in the novel.wink

PurpleSaber
Yeah, Sidious losing his saber was also in the script.

Who won? Sidious did. How? By not using his lightsaber. He beat Yoda unarmed when Yoda ahd a blade. How? Cause Yoda got cocky. Why? Cause Sidious was unarmed.
Yoda falling off of the pod was due to his own strength, not Sidious's. Yoda stopped the lightning, and threw it back at Sidious. However the power of the force lightning had more inertia than Yoda, thus throwing him off the pod. For example, if you were up against a wall, and tried to push the wall, it would push you back because the wall is heavier and has more inertia than you.

DE Luke
Very well said,PurpleSaber!That is the EXACT answer to the question,not because Yoda was cocky because Sids lost his lightsaber.

Admiral Akbar
Yes, well said.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.