DE Luke vs. ROTS Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Motoko Sama
Combatants: Luke from Dark Empire vs. Yoda as seen in ROTS.

Setting: Theed Central Hanger - where Maul first engaged Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan in combat.

DePWNZOR
Hmm. Yoda probably. His knoledge of the force is far better, and Luke probably wouldn't have seen anything like Yoda's lightsaber style. Yoda takes this.

darthsith19
Sidious uses the same saber style as Yoda. I go with Luke. By DE he's to strong for Yoda, probably, although that's close, it could go either way.

DePWNZOR
But Yoda's like 2 feet tall, and jumps like heck. He uses a different kind of Ataru.

PurpleSaber
This would definitely be close. IDK, I'm not sure who would win.

Janus Marius
Yoda, most likely.

l0rd?
Yoda should probably be able to win.

DE Luke
Luke.Yoda couldn't even stand up against ROTS Sidious,and from what I know,DE Sidious was more powerful and Luke managed to beat him(where Yoda would most likely fail).And remember,Luke was pretty good with the FOrce aswell as mad with a saber at this point.Luke wins.

l0rd?
FULL OF CRAP! - REX

Motoko Sama
Originally posted by l0rd?
However in the very story that direct followed DE, Yoda said 'Much to teach you, I still have', so what does that tell you?

Dude, what are you talking about?

l0rd?
FULL OF CRAP! - REX

DarthSaboteur
Where's the source for this?

DE Luke
Originally posted by DarthSaboteur
Where's the source for this? ..aswell as the image in which it contains this quote?

Lightsnake
It doesn't exist because by Yoda's own admission, he didn't want to return and had long earned his rest...Luke takes this probably

l0rd?
FULL OF CRAP! - REX

Lightsnake
Hm...five searches on five sites...nothing. Liiiiiar

DarthSaboteur
Originally posted by l0rd?
Oh yes it does exist. Go to your local book shop and get the novel 'Republic Restoration'. It's a good read, and Yoda with the help of his son teaches Luke some next force techniques, while Ben Kenobi communicates with Leia and tells her stories about her father and offers her jedi training. No such novel exists. Kindly STFU and GTFO, thank you.

DE Luke
You also stole Admiral Ackbar's sig.Why don't you GTFA,l0rd?.You keep posting non-canon bullshit,and don't contribute shit.Just leave already.

PurpleSaber
Originally posted by DE Luke
You also stole Admiral Ackbar's sig.Why don't you GTFA,l0rd?.You keep posting non-canon bullshit,and don't contribute shit.Just leave already.
The best post I've seen all day.

((The_Anomaly))
LOL^

But Yoda should be able to beat DE Luke with difficulty though. A lot of difficulty.

DePWNZOR
I agree. Yoda's lightsaber style is too unpredictable, the way he uses it.

DE Luke
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
LOL^

But Yoda should be able to beat DE Luke with difficulty though. A lot of difficulty. How?Yoda couldnt even beat ROTS Sidous,who is weaker than his DE counterpart.Yet,Luke managed to beat DE Sidous on his own.Luke takes this.

Null ARC Avis
Luke beat DE sidious in a saber fight. If sids had used the force luke would have been DESTROYED. Yoda takes it i think, but with a lot of difficulty.

DE Luke
Sidious WAS using the Force,did you even read Dark Empire?Luke by this time is pretty good with a saber aswell as the Force.And,as I said before,Yoda lost to ROTS Sidious,who you seem to be overlooking,was weaker than his DE counterpart.

Razielim
Luke needed Battle Meditation for the saber fight and needed 3X Skywalker's potential to push back Palpatine's blast.

Yoda wins.

darthsith19
Luke had the combined potentials of Leia and Anakin when he defeated Sidious. Otherwise he would have fallen on his ass just like he did when he fought Sidious alone the first time. However, if Yoda could beat DE Luke I say it'd only be because of his superior Force skills.

DE Luke
Where does it say he was using battle meditation?And what was Palps blasting,besides his Force Storm?It doesn't.Again,did you read DE or not?Palps couldn't blast anything because he was too busy nursing his missing left hand.He lost control of the Force Storm,even Luke says that.
The only thing him and Leia did was turn Palpy's Force Storm against him.He wasn't there target,the Force Storm was.It was decimating their own fleet,Palpatine already lost control of it.

Razielim
Where does it say he was using battle meditation?

It pretty much shows it. Leia closes her eyes and she's suddenly surrounded by a white aura. Soon Luke overcomes Palpatine.

Really, Palpatine owned Luke twice before in the same comic when it came to sabers.

DE Luke
Where did he own Luke twice?If you mean in the cloning chamber,I don't think Luke was even prepared.He didn't 'own' Luke,Luke was mearly unprepared to face Palpatine like that.During their final duel,it also says Luke learned Palpatine's deepest secrets aswell as Palpatine's weakness',that alone gave him an edge.

And just because Leia is 'surrounded by a white aura',doesn't mean it was battle meditation.Hell,she couldve been taking a nap for all we know.It doesn't say it,therefore it has no merit.

Razielim
Given the artistic / thematic style of the comics, I'm inclined to think she DID boost his powers.

And Luke wasn't prepared? He has his saber out... in check. If anything, Palpatine wasn't prepared because he was, you know, fresh outta the test tube.

Lightsnake
Meh, the sourcebook says all Leia could do was watch so take that how you will...and according to some writings, Luke got destroyed in a few ways in the cloning chamber...spirit and body, both

DE Luke
Palpatine wasn't prepared?He said he'd done the process many times before!I'd think by that time he'd learn how to be prepared.:rollseyes:

And again,it didn't say she was using Battle Meditation.Therefore,it has no relevance.

Null ARC Avis
Sidious WAS using the Force,did you even read Dark Empire?Luke by this time is pretty good with a saber aswell as the Force.And,as I said before,Yoda lost to ROTS Sidious,who you seem to be overlooking,was weaker than his DE counterpart. No sidious was not using the force in the saber duel. it was 3 panals. no force powers.

DePWNZOR
Yeah, I think having the combined Force Potential of 3 very powerful force users gave Luke a BIT of an edge...just a bit tho (sarcasm).

Yoda takes this with difficulty.

DE Luke, your very name makes your posts irrelevent in this thread....

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Null ARC Avis
No sidious was not using the force in the saber duel. it was 3 panals. no force powers.

Three panels in a comic can be minutes or hours in real life.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Razielim
Where does it say he was using battle meditation?

It pretty much shows it. Leia closes her eyes and she's suddenly surrounded by a white aura. Soon Luke overcomes Palpatine.

Really, Palpatine owned Luke twice before in the same comic when it came to sabers.

Battle meditation DOES NOT WORK ON A SINGLE PERSON. It works on groups of people, making the act as a better team. There is no point to her using it and it says that she just stood there and watched. She had no influence on the battle.

Razielim
Battle meditation DOES NOT WORK ON A SINGLE PERSON. It works on groups of people, making the act as a better team

Where is this said? It can work on a single person in KotOR II cant it?

and here we see... an aura of light around Leia. And BAM! Sids loses.

Jonathan Mark
Aura of light... proves nothing.

Darth_Glentract
Battle meditation DOES NOT WORK ON A SINGLE PERSON. It works on groups of people, making the act as a better team

Where is this said? It can work on a single person in KotOR II cant it?

and here we see... an aura of light around Leia. And BAM! Sids loses.

Battle meditation coordinates groups of people. How would that help a single person?

Razielim
Well, in KOTOR 2 it boosts their stats or something.

Darth_Glentract
That's a game mechanic to represent the increased coordination. It doesn't really work like that.

Null ARC Avis
Glentract, if there was force powers they would have shown it. from what we see there are none. that proves luke is a better duelist than Sidious. That is not enough to beat yoda.

DE Luke
Originally posted by DePWNZOR
Yeah, I think having the combined Force Potential of 3 very powerful force users gave Luke a BIT of an edge...just a bit tho (sarcasm).

Yoda takes this with difficulty.

DE Luke, your very name makes your posts irrelevent in this thread.... Are you implying that I'm a fanboy?Ive provided proof for my claims, you and Razielem haven't.Like I said,aura of light wasn't said to be Battle Meditation in that comic,therefore,again,it has no relevance. roll eyes (sarcastic)

@Avis:Watch the movies,Yoda couldn't even beat ROTS Sidious,who ,again, is weaker than DE Sids,whom Luke defeated by himself.

Null ARC Avis

@Avis:Watch the movies,Yoda couldn't even beat ROTS Sidious,who ,again, is weaker than DE Sids,whom Luke defeated by himself. IN a lightsaber fight. if sidious strated throwing things at him that are like the senate pods, luke would have been killed like a bug.

DE Luke
The keyword here is 'if'.Which doesn't mean a damn thing.Either way,Luke still wins.You have no proof that he will lose against,mearly unsupported assumptions and 'ifs',and a 'Well,if Sids was throwing Senate Pods,Luke wouldn't have survive!".<That right there,is an unsupported assumption,just like:"Well Leia was using Battle Meditation to help Luke,we can tell this by a white aura!".<Again,an unsupported assumption,it doesn't state specifically nor does it state at all that she was using Battle Meditation.

Luke wins.

Razielim
IN a lightsaber fight. if sidious strated throwing things at him that are like the senate pods, luke would have been killed like a bug.

We don't know that. Luke was insane with force tk at this point.

Yeah, you guys were right. Luke wins.

Null ARC Avis
how was he insane with TK? it was only a lightsaber fight. Sidious was not using his insane force powers and was a worse duelist. If he wanted to he could have used lightning or thrown luke like a ragdoll. it was not a full match.

Lightsnake
The same Luke who was collapsing AT ATs and war ships?

Null ARC Avis
from the inside. he fideled with the wires and such to destroy them. but i found that on wiki so i dont know how reliable it is.

DE Luke
how was he insane with TK? it was only a lightsaber fight. Sidious was not using his insane force powers and was a worse duelist. If he wanted to he could have used lightning or thrown luke like a ragdoll. it was not a full match. Again,unsupported assumptions.He couldn't have thrown Luke like a rag doll,you grossly underestimate Luke at this point,just like you overestimate Yoda.It WAS a full match,and the outcome with Sidous losing.Again,you're giving us unsupported assumptions and 'ifs',not proof.

Lightsnake
Huh? We saw Luke extend a hand and slam the walker into the ground and Luke at that point is described as having incredible power in the force

DePWNZOR
Wow...I'm sure Yoda could easily do the same thing. In the clone wars cartoon, (which is more canon than some nerdy comic book), we see Yoda force pushing a huge CIS landing craft.

Again, Yoda's lightsaber form is very unpredictable. Luke would lose through the Force tho.

Razielim
(which is more canon than some nerdy comic book)

Actually it isn't. The Clone Wars cartoons conflict with LoE.

But yeah, Luke beat a far superior version of Sidious (this guy would wipe his ass with RotS Sidious, and he was Yoda's near equal).

Luke wins. Really.

darthsith19
Lol, you can't use the Cartoon for proof of any sort.

KMC Dark Lord
lol...wow DEPAWNZOR, your really making yourself look bad, lol. Its funny that you even call sometyhing nerdy when your a starwars fan. The only things mroe nerdier than a starwars fan is a trekkie.

Yeah, Luke takes this.

Null ARC Avis
(which is more canon than some nerdy comic book)

Actually it isn't. The Clone Wars cartoons conflict with LoE.

But yeah, Luke beat a far superior version of Sidious (this guy would wipe his ass with RotS Sidious, and he was Yoda's near equal).

Luke wins. Really.

Null ARC Avis
Originally posted by KMC Dark Lord
lol...wow DEPAWNZOR, your really making yourself look bad, lol. Its funny that you even call sometyhing nerdy when your a starwars fan. The only things mroe nerdier than a starwars fan is a trekkie.

Yeah, Luke takes this. we are GEEKS! not nerds. nerds do good in school and have no life AT ALL! Geeks like si fi and reading and video games. WE ARE GEEKS!!!

DePWNZOR
You idiots....(not Avis)! He had the combined force potential of Anakin, and Leia, and himself. That's why he won!

And I'm not a nerd, or a geek. (maybe a nerd). I do well in school, play sports, and am somewhat athletic (I also don't live in my moms basement like some of u guys). Bow down to me geeks!

DE Luke
Why don't you actually READ the comic instead of making unsupported assumptions?He beat out Palpy BY HIMSELF! A 'white aura surrounding Leia means that she's using BM and that her unborn sun is helping!" doesn't mean shit.It doesn't SPECIFICALLY say that in the comic,or mention it at all,except for when they're trying to divert the Force Storm from decimating thier fleet.Therefore,it is just an 'if' aswell as an unsupported assumption!Use your brain(or what passes for it) for something else besides taking up space and listen to LOGIC!roll eyes (sarcastic)

Null ARC Avis
okay you tell me. what was leia doing witha white arua around herself while luke was winning?

KMC Dark Lord
Originally posted by DePWNZOR
You idiots....(not Avis)!

And I'm not a nerd, or a geek. (maybe a nerd). I do well in school, play sports, and am somewhat athletic (I also don't live in my moms basement like some of u guys). Bow down to me geeks!

Wow retard, lol. I doubt ANY of us live in a iour momas basement, you probably do though huh? Your quite touchty about it. I HAVE ALL HONERS CLASSES, AM ON THE TRAC TEAM, BASKETBALL TEAM, FOOTBALL TEAM, AND OUR CITY BASKETBALL TEAM. I AM ONE OF THEE MOST ATHLETIC BLACK KIDS IN MY SCHOOL.

So please, dont insult me by saving we dont have a life. It seems my life is better than yours. I also have a girl freind which I doubt you have.

DE Luke
@Avis:First,you provide proof that she WAS using battle meditation to help him and that it SPECIFICALLY said so in the comic.Ive already backed up my claims,it's your turn now.And don't give me any unsupported assumptions this time,I want REAL evidence.Then I'll answer your question.

DePWNZOR
Wow...actually I was being sarcastic Dark Lord. Also, you called me a nerd first, so don't get defensive. I never insulted anyone, and I didn't specifically target that towards u. What's ur prob?

darthsith19
DE Luke, she was using battle meditation. That's why the first time Luke fights Sidious he gets pwnd but then all of a sudden he's able to win. How would he get that strong so quicklu? Add that with the blue aura around Leia and it's pretty obvious that she's using Battle Meditation.

Null ARC Avis
@Avis:First,you provide proof that she WAS using battle meditation to help him and that it SPECIFICALLY said so in the comic.Ive already backed up my claims,it's your turn now.And don't give me any unsupported assumptions this time,I want REAL evidence.Then I'll answer your question. there is no 100% proof that she was using it, i admit that. but all LOGIC points to her using something along the lines of battle meditation. in these arguements there are two things. exact proof and logic, but we can use logic to make proof.

Motoko Sama
there is no 100% proof that she was using it, i admit that. but all LOGIC points to her using something along the lines of battle meditation. in these arguements there are two things. exact proof and logic, but we can use logic to make proof.

Well, how about what the Sourcebook says about Leia:

Originally posted by Lightsnake
Meh, the sourcebook says all Leia could do was watch so take that how you will...

Null ARC Avis
which sourcebook?

Motoko Sama
which sourcebook?

DE Sourcebook apparently.

Null ARC Avis
link or something?

Motoko Sama
link or something?

What do you want me to link, lol. I don't have the DE Sourcebook - 'tis why I quoted Lightsnake.

Null ARC Avis
hmm

DE Luke
there is no 100% proof that she was using it, i admit that. but all LOGIC points to her using something along the lines of battle meditation. in these arguements there are two things. exact proof and logic, but we can use logic to make proof. Not good enough, I wanted solid proof,and you didn't give it to me,I think we're done here.

Motoko Sama
hmm

Yes, really.

http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/ts298/YESREALLY.jpg

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/3677/whocameupwiththisidioticthing3.th.jpg

Null ARC Avis
so you are right because it doesnt say in exact word leia was using battle meditation? that is ridiculous. you said we have to use logic right? here is logic for you. at the begining of the comic palps pwned luke. Leia was not around. at the end, mabye a few days or a few weeks later at most, luke beat sidious with leia being there and having a white aura around herself. it does not take a genius to realize she did something.

DE Luke
Yeah,and in that span of days it SPECIFICALLY says that Luke learned most of Palpatine's darkest secrets,then he beat HIM.Nice try,Avis,a 'white aura surrounding Leia means she was using BM." isn't gonna cut it.Again,you haven't provided ANY proof,only unsupported assumptions.

Null ARC Avis
so luke learned his secrets. big woop. that doesnt mean he learned how to overcome them. Obviously palpatine expected that would happen and there is no way he would teach luke something that can endanger his own safety. also absence of proof is not proof of absence. just because everything is not written in stone (or paper) doesnt mean it is not real.

DE Luke
Nevertheless,you have no proof to say she was helping him,nor does it say specifically that she was.For all we know,she couldve just been taking a nap.Luke still wins.

Null ARC Avis
absence of proof is not proof of absence. when you take a nap you do not glow. all LOGIC points to her using some technique to help Luke. Deal with it. Luke is not unbeatable.

DE Luke
Didn't say he was unbeatable,but it didn't say she WAS helping him.Don't be a dick.roll eyes (sarcastic)

Now unless you actually HAVE proof besides your 'aura white light was helping Luke!' which states nothing about it except your 'ifs' and unsupported assumptions,this debate is over.

True Fox
Wasn't it stated that she was on the narrator's notes at the end of the comic.

Null ARC Avis
Don't be a dick.roll eyes (sarcastic)

3==============> word

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.