Favorite President (past 50 years)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath
Not necessarily who you think was (is) the BEST, but who's your favorite President in the past 50 years and explain why.

Tangible God
I always liked how Reagan fired all the air traffic contollers when they started to b*tch.

Alliance
Originally posted by Tangible God
I always liked how Reagan fired all the air traffic contollers when they started to b*tch.

laughing out loud

Reagan was messed

cking
Reagan was the best, Clinton and Nixon are the worst.

Alliance
Clinton was the best. Reagan destroyed the US yes

cking
How is Clinton the best? and how did Reagan destroy the u.s?

Flamboyant4Life
Why was Nixon the worst? I would say Lyndon B. Johnson was the worst.

cking
Lyndon Johnson was bad also not as bad as Nixon simply he wasn't because his transgressions wasn't reviled unlike other presidents.

Rampant ox
Im not American so I dont know a hell of alot about the presidents but I always liked Bill Clinton. He just seemed like a nice, approachable guy.

cking
only from the outside he seems but on the inside it is a different story.

Koenig
Ronald Reagan. smokin'

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Koenig
Ronald Reagan. smokin'

I'd say that's an appropriate answer. stick out tongue

Alliance
Argh. Reagan resterted a Cold War that was taking a nice nap, plunged the nation into a debt previously unfathomable, jump-started every conservative policy currently in play in the US, fed way too many international dictators, and re-militarized America.

cking
what else did he do beside that?

Alliance
why did you think he was so great?

cking
he is not none of them are, he is just better compared to Clinton.

Koenig
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I'd say that's an appropriate answer. stick out tongue

I don't live in the U.S.A wink

Well from my point of view he looked good I suppose if I was a citizen of America, I may have selected a different answer. embarrasment

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by cking
what else did he do beside that?

So you think a president, who plunges the nation into economical downfall, is a good president?....Right.

So having one of the lowest unemployment rate, and a balanced budget makes a bad president? Please, get over it people...Clinton might have been a two-bit husband, but he was a good president.

Alliance

Thanks for providing rational thought!

Clinton was a great president, who was impeached for no reason by a rabid Republican majority trying to prove that Democrats are morally and religiously inferior. They might have just painted a huge scarlet "A" on his chest. Now when W blatantly lies to the US, the UN, and the world over a real issue...impeachment is not an option. Speaking of that, which crazyperson voted for W?

WrathfulDwarf
Eisenhower!

I love driving on the Freeways!.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Eisenhower!

I love driving on the Freeways!.

Good choice.

Speaking of which....Has a plane ever landed on one of Eisenhower's achievements?

Anthony$Billy
BUSH FOR PRESIDANT FOR EVER OIL IS MONEY HOOORAH!!!!!!!!!

Alliance
To Eisenhower:

Indeed, too bad they were built with militarism in mind.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Alliance
Clinton was the best. Reagan destroyed the US yes

Yet, in Regans time Communism was destroyed, countries were liberated into freedom, ect...

and in Clinton's era there where tons of horrible events, yet everyone seems to forget them

cking
does the Monica incident come to mind? yes "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." Mr. bill sure knows how to tell the truth.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Anthony$Billy
BUSH FOR PRESIDANT FOR EVER OIL IS MONEY HOOORAH!!!!!!!!!

To bad gas prices are at a height not seen since the Carter era confused

Capt_Fantastic
I'd have to go with Kennedy/Johnson, Nixon and Clinton as the top of that list. Too bad Roosevelt timed out of the list.

Grimm22
F.D.R is massivly overrated.

The guy handed over most of europe over to the russians.

Darth Kreiger
Reagon beat the Communists with a bluff, among other great things for this nation, Clinton was impeached because he failed to defend this Nation, rise the economy (GWB has btw, a 5.6% rise in employment for the past 10 years) had an Affair in the White House, (embaressment for this Nation, yay! )

Dr. Zaius
Uncle Ron by a mile.

Deano
favourite puppet..errrrm..bush probably.

Mr Parker
Kennedy.Other than carter,he is the only president since then who wasnt an evil corrupted man and unlike the others,had the interests of the people ahead of him instead of the government.He did more for the country in his short one thousand days of office than any president except for Washington.thats why he got killed by the government because unlike the other presidents,he cared about the people.

Mr Parker

Well your partially right here about Clinton and Nixon.Clinton and Nixon were easily the most corrpted presidents till Bush came along.Bush gots them beat.Nixon,Clinton AND the Bushs are the worst.

Dr. Zaius
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Kennedy.Other than carter,he is the only president since then who wasnt an evil corrupted man and unlike the others,had the interests of the people ahead of him instead of the government.He did more for the country in his short one thousand days of office than any president except for Washington.thats why he got killed by the government because unlike the other presidents,he cared about the people.

Whoah! Where did that come from, the Oliver Stone school of history? Kennedy is one of the most flawed individuals to ever sit in the White House. You wanna talk corrupt? How about Sam Giancano and the mob? How about pulling a train with Marilyn Monroe? Before you say, "who can blame him?" Understand that he was essentially sharing her with his brother, Robert. (It's possible he may have had something to do with Monroe's death.)

His book "Profiles in Courage" was ghost authored by another individual to whom he never gave credit. His father was a bootlegger and a gangster, which meant that most of his family's rise to power is tied to dirty money.

He was drug addict, a chronic womanizer, and a generally vacuous human being who preferred gambling in Vegas and using his brother-in-law, Peter Lawford, as a Hollywood pimp to concerning himself with affairs of state.

Kennedy is certainly not the worst of 20th century presidents, but let's not kid ourselves about his moral character or relative strength as a president. Based on his performance in office, I'd grant him a grade of fair, but not great. Of course, the irony, is that by today's standards, he would probably be considered a Republican. An avid cold warrior, hater of communism, and generally open to lowering taxes to stimulate economic growth...these were the good things about the man...not all that Camelot bullshit.

Carter may have been well-intentioned, but he is unquestionably the most ineffectual president of the 20th century. He should have never left the peanut farm.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Dr. Zaius
Whoah! Where did that come from, the Oliver Stone school of history? Kennedy is one of the most flawed individuals to ever sit in the White House. You wanna talk corrupt? How about Sam Giancano and the mob? How about pulling a train with Marilyn Monroe? Before you say, "who can blame him?" Understand that he was essentially sharing her with his brother, Robert. (It's possible he may have had something to do with Monroe's death.)

His book "Profiles in Courage" was ghost authored by another individual to whom he never gave credit. His father was a bootlegger and a gangster, which meant that most of his family's rise to power is tied to dirty money.

He was drug addict, a chronic womanizer, and a generally vacuous human being who preferred gambling in Vegas and using his brother-in-law, Peter Lawford, as a Hollywood pimp to concerning himself with affairs of state.

Kennedy is certainly not the worst of 20th century presidents, but let's not kid ourselves about his moral character or relative strength as a president. Based on his performance in office, I'd grant him a grade of fair, but not great. Of course, the irony, is that by today's standards, he would probably be considered a Republican. An avid cold warrior, hater of communism, and generally open to lowering taxes to stimulate economic growth...these were the good things about the man...not all that Camelot bullshit.

Carter may have been well-intentioned, but he is unquestionably the most ineffectual president of the 20th century. He should have never left the peanut farm.

Sure he is flawed but unlike George Bush,he was an apple that fell pretty far from the tree.He wasnt like his dad at all.It was his dad Joe Kennedy that was mob friendly with Sam Giancana and the mafia.JFK was only romansing Giancana's mistress.Matter of fact,JFK'S own dad hated him because after getting elected as president,he went after the mob which got him elected thanks to Joe Kennedys ties to the mob.Since Joe kennedy had so many friends in the mob like Giancana,Giancana and others naturally thought JFK would be like his father.Like father like son and would as president, turn a blind eye to the mobs activites but he double crossed the mob and went after them tooth and nail.The mob hated RFK even more so because RFK who ran the justice department,was the real kennedy coming down hard cracking down on the mobs activities.Theres no real proof that the kennedys had any involvement in Marilyns death.From the actions of them while they were in office,I have to tend to believe what others say, that the goverment tried to make it look like the kennedys had something to do with her murder.

What he did as president is what counts and like i said,he did more for the country as a presidnet in his short one thousand days of office than any other president except for honest abe and washington.Sure he was a womanizer,a gambler and chronic drug addict.But hey! That wouldnt stop me from being friends with somebody.No question that he wasnt the great family man with no flaws that the media painted him out to be with no flaws like the public thought he was but as president,he cared about the people and wasnt corrupted like every single president we have had since then which again carter is the exception.

See thats why carter was ineffectual as president because every president after carter have been extremely corrupted so the elite-who control this country said-we have had so many scandals and corruption with every president since kennedy lets make carter a president.He has decent morals and vaules.That was the only reason carter got elected.Presidents dont rule this country.They are just puppets.If they dont go along with what the elite wants,then they wind up like kennedy and Carter knew that so he allowed them to make him look ineffectual as president.Thats just another example of a good president who didnt stay in office very long.Carter like kennedy, towards the end of his administration also had a lot of reform ideas to get rid of the CIA as well.But like I said,he didnt start to implement those ideas until towards the end of his administration so he never had enough time to try and get them started.Lets not forget carter was the president who did a very good deed by pardoning vietnam deserters who fled for canada for oppossing that stupid war as well.Carter unlike the other presidents we have had since kennedy, was at least a humane man.This may sound like I am a democrat but there could be nothing further from the truth because till the current president we have now came along,I considered Clinton tied with Nixon as the most evil and corrupted president we have ever had.

Grand_Moff_Gav

Booooooo Nixon and Clinton where the best, our Prime Minister still relies on Clinton to stay in power...

JacopeX
Ronald Reagan

Alliance
another crazy man.

Mr Parker
yep.

vader11
Bill Clinton.

Menetnashté
Why the hell is everyone saying clinton? I hope it's just a joke, he was one of the worst presidents in a long long time. I mean he was just out for a night on the town he was a worthless piece of shit. Jimmy Carter was pretty bad to. Georgy hasn't done me wrong yet though, so GWB

Bardock42

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Bardock42
E-except for lying to you? ....and plunging the country into massive amount of debts. Man, we should have listened to Eisenhower and strayed from the military-industrial complex.

Lord Coal

Strangelove
Well despite the lack of specificity in the thread title, I think it was obvious that he meant U.S. Presidents wink

Bill Clinton for me.

ADarksideJedi
I would have to say Ronald Reagan is the best we had so far.Not counting Bush.jm

Bardock42
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I would have to say Ronald Reagan is the best we had so far.Not counting Bush.jm Why not counting Bush?

Alliance
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I would have to say Ronald Reagan is the best we had so far.Not counting Bush.jm

...considering Bush is on the poll....

and WHY?

Mr Parker

Fishy
yeah the people saying Clinton better just be joking.He was very corrupted as well.

There is of course no difference between what Clinton did and what Bush still does? Clinton started an unjust war that caused the lives of 3500 Americans and more then a 100.000 up to a max of 800.000 Iraqi's. And Clinton of course created a huge debt for the United States unlike Bush did, and of course Clinton lied about having a sexual relationship with somebody instead of Bush who lied about Iraq it's links to Al Qaeda and WMD's...

oh no wait, that last one is actually true...

God that Clinton guy sucks.

Mr Parker
yeah he sure does.Clinton gave Janet Reno the okay to burn down the waco complex and is involved up to his ears in the oklahoma city bombing.He had prior knowledge that would happen.Plus be glad that you were never a friend of Bill Clintons or knew of a scandal he was involved in because just about everybody that has been or knew at one time,has wound up as a mysterious dead body for knowing too much about him.Just do a google search of -"Clinton body count" and you will see all kinds of links that prove that.

you cross clinton,he has his CIA operatives bump people off for him.Bush has always done the same thing but he wasnt sloppy about it like Clinton.

Alliance
*back to the recycling bin*

Strangelove
yeah he sure does.Clinton gave Janet Reno the okay to burn down the waco complex and is involved up to his ears in the oklahoma city bombing.He had prior knowledge that would happen.Plus be glad that you were never a friend of Bill Clintons or knew of a scandal he was involved in because just about everybody that has been or knew at one time,has wound up as a mysterious dead body for knowing too much about him.Just do a google search of -"Clinton body count" and you will see all kinds of links that prove that.

you cross clinton,he has his CIA operatives bump people off for him.Bush has always done the same thing but he wasnt sloppy about it like Clinton. Go back to the conspiracy forum, shoo

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Strangelove
Go back to the conspiracy forum, shoo

big grin

Lord Coal
Originally posted by Strangelove
Well despite the lack of specificity in the thread title, I think it was obvious that he meant U.S. Presidents wink

So, if I said "Who was the best king of the 13th century?", would it be right to only list, say, English kings on the poll? Of course not. If you specify which nation you're talking about, you leave yourself open to criticism.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Lord Coal
So, if I said "Who was the best king of the 13th century?", would it be right to only list, say, English kings on the poll? Of course not. If you specify which nation you're talking about, you leave yourself open to criticism. You mean if you don't specify, right?

Lord Coal
"Who was the best king of the 13th century?" doesn't specify, so yes, that's what I mean. If I simply posted a subject with that title, and only put, for example, English kings of the 13th century (John, Henry III, Edward I) on the poll, that would be the same as has been done with this thread, which is biased and misleading.

However, if I said "Who was the best king of England of the 13th century?" that'd be another matter entirely.

Don't take this the wrong way, cos I'm not trying to have a go. I'm just trying to make a point that we could do with more clarity on these sort of subjects.

IHateCaesar
Teddy

BigRed
I'd definitely go with Reagan. It is unfortunate how Reagan actually turned out as President. The speech he gave at the Republican Convention for Goldwater was impressive and works even for today. But he did a 180 when he went into office.

Reagan I think directly or indirectly laid the footsteps for the situation like 9/11 and the events that followed. Therefore, I'll put the second Bush after him with Johnson a close third.

Oops, I did the top three worst.

The best on that list? Maybe Eisenhower just for warning of a military industrial-complex.

Mr Parker

there ARE an amazing number of similarities between nixon and clinton thats for sure.but yeah,Nixon,clinton AND Bush were the worst.

Mr Parker

this post REALLY needs to be paid attention to so I am bringing it back.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Grimm22
Yet, in Regans time Communism was destroyed, countries were liberated into freedom, ect...

and in Clinton's era there where tons of horrible events, yet everyone seems to forget them

yeah who were all those fools that voted for clinton? roll eyes (sarcastic)

MrCampion
No one has forgotten the Clinton years, not at all. It seems the media loves to mention it these days in order to get our minds off what the current administration are doing. MrParker I admit I am suprised you would call those who voted for Clinton fools. It is rude and ignorant as we are supposed to be founded on a system that entitles us to vote for whomever we like. Regardless what the candidates in question do once in office, you should show some respect to the system America was founded on. What if someone thought you were a fool, by way of example. for voting for another candidate? See, statements like yours easily lead to feuds. We don't need that.

As for the question posed by the first post, I say Kennedy was the best President we have had in the last 50 years and he is perhaps the last of the decent ones. No doubt someone will think I am a fool for that but I don't care.

Mr Parker
well other than Lord xyz-he always ignores facts that prove him wrong about clinton,I apologize to the others for that but the fact is there are many people out there who just voted for clinton because of his good looks ,not saying these people did,but there were countless others out there that did,and that kind of ignorance just hacks me off.and well, those are just plain ignorant comments they make when they say he was a good president when the FACTS prove otherwise.

I cant really fault them though for their ignorance because they have been decieved big time by the mainstream media.The mainstream media is a tool for the government and they dont report the REAL news of the autrocitys Clinton committed in office as president.They need to STOP listening to the controlled mainstream media and START by reading ALTERNATIVE news sources that report REAL news.a good newpaper to subscribe to is AMERICAN FREE PRESS,and a good magazine to read monthly about the atrocitys presidents have committed in office which you will never hear from the mainstream news is MEDIA BYPASS.

I have already PM'd those people who said they naively thought Clinton was a great president to go to the conspiracy section and read through my posts on that thread there called CLINTON ADMINISTRATION.Reading through that thread is a very good start for people to start reading to see they have been very naive and putting in a vote for clinton as best president.

Through the help of a few others there,i have documented and proven in that thread that he is easily one of the top 5 most evil and corrupted presidents of all time.Thats WHY I hope these people who i sent that pm to,do the right thing and read through that thread because they need to see how they have been very ignorant to call him a good president.they need to get educated and thats the first step they need to take to start.

btw,I go by facts so everything you see in that thread is the truth about him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.