They Should Make A Modern Green Lantern Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thesithlord3
ya superman is cool and and all but the green lantern is a bad ass

He-guy88
Originally posted by thesithlord3
ya superman is cool and and all but the green lantern is a bad ass

i think they should make a gl movie to but it would prob to much money graphis wise that is maybe someday

Validus
It wouldn't cost more than any other movie. Nothing but green light that doesn't need to be lifelike and super detailed.

Scoobless
The effects would be extremely doable these days.... they should make Emerald Dawn... II? (the one with the big yellow "Legion" guy)

He-guy88
Originally posted by Scoobless
The effects would be extremely doable these days.... they should make Emerald Dawn... II? (the one with the big yellow "Legion" guy)

in ed II sinastro was a good guy so was it that the one ur talking about??

HellMaster93
I looked for Emerald Dawn II on Amazon but it just came up with ED... and which storyline is it where sinestro turns EVIL?

He-guy88
Originally posted by HellMaster93
I looked for Emerald Dawn II on Amazon but it just came up with ED... and which storyline is it where sinestro turns EVIL?

i have em so ill look it up but i think he turned close to the end of ed II but ill check to be sure

NoFate007
If they do a GL movie (which I think they should) they'll probably make it about Kyle Rayner and the villain Sinestro.

Cosmic Cube
It would kick ass, still.

Thanos_6383
I'm sure it would also.

DigiMark007
*coughTheyShouldDoAlanScottcough*

cool

Yeah, I'd love to see a Lantern movie....regardless of which they pick (hell, they could pick John for all I care).

Darth Martin
They should explain the orgins and the core, yea alot of them.

grey fox
Originally posted by DigiMark007
*coughTheyShouldDoAlanScottcough*

cool

Yeah, I'd love to see a Lantern movie....regardless of which they pick (hell, they could pick John for all I care).

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Not John , never John. He suck's at being a hero.....

HellMaster93
yes I vote Hal...

... acted by Ben Affleck! shifty

Superfly4000
if they do a green lantern movie, i dont think he should have a costume. hes just one of those characters that would be so much better without one. or with a simple stripped down version of the one from the comic.

MrHeavySilence
The Green Lantern oath is cheesy though.

NoFate007
There are worse things. I mean c'mon, Wonder Woman flies an invisible jet?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
The Green Lantern oath is cheesy though.

Pfft!

In brightest day, or thread of spite
No fanboy shall escape my sight
Let those who flame and bash and spam
Beware my power, the Lantern's pimp hand!

cool

embarrasment

Blair Wind
What the f**k? I say make the uniforms look more militaristic....Kyle Rayner as a rookie with the paralax story line (just ignore the fact that all the other heros were part of that too.....)

ScarletSpider
DigiMark, I totally agree, they should do Alan Scott.

That way, it's okay if it's a bit hoaky, they can make it a period film, have it be 1930s/40s (keep it away from the war though, just make it a gangster era homefront movie). Think something like the Untouchables or Road to Perdition for setting, and then have Alan Scott blazing through it with the green flame. Not sure who they should have for villains, but a sweet fight with Solomon Grundy is a must. As Grundy is made of plant matter, Alan has trouble using his ring against him, so it would be an innovative battle, not just Alan bludgeoning the monster. Then maybe Icicle or Sky Pirate.

I think with the 30s setting and the mystical nature of the character, it could be a great movie. Not all of these superhero movies have to be set in the modern day, I think if the Fantastic Four movie had been set in the 1960s it would have been infinitely better, and it would work well with a character who does have a set origin period.

HellMaster93
Sounds cool... I was just dreaming of a good Killowog movie... droolio

roughrider
I know one thing - he won't be wearing the cheesy stick-on facemask.
Nice disguise, that...

Validus
Originally posted by roughrider
I know one thing - he won't be wearing the cheesy stick-on facemask.
Nice disguise, that...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/superdante/BrandonRouthSupermanHeadshot.jpg

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Pfft!

In brightest day, or thread of spite
No fanboy shall escape my sight
Let those who flame and bash and spam
Beware my power, the Lantern's pimp hand!

cool

embarrasment

laughing laughing laughing

a GL movie would be badass, though they would have to go into the whole "where the ring came from, how it's only limited by imagination" and what not

Sea King
if they do make one then it would prob be like the superman cartoon when gl got his ring.

he was hal and kyles storys combined.

Redatom65
superherohype.com:

Jack Black Still Up for Green Lantern

'K. Mae' writes in with the resurfacing of Jack Black's name attached to the Green Lantern movie:

I was listening to the radio here in Portland and Jack Black was being interviewed and said that he's still actually up for Green Lantern. He told the hosts he's waiting on a script and he hopes it's good and that he doesn't sully the Green Lantern's name. I thought that project was dead but apparently Warner's is still at least thinking about it, with Jack Black still attached to it."

Redatom65

Redatom65
Merry Christmas guys

grey fox

UniOmni
A gl movie would probably have John in it, and i honestly don't know why he gets so much hate from people.....I really don't wanna think its a racial thing. People should be above that.

But a GL movie, would work wonders to expose the cosmic scene to the people, and that would be great. But if he hasn't had his own show yet, then i doubt he'd get a movie.

grey fox
Originally posted by UniOmni
A gl movie would probably have John in it, and i honestly don't know why he gets so much hate from people.....I really don't wanna think its a racial thing. People should be above that.

But a GL movie, would work wonders to expose the cosmic scene to the people, and that would be great. But if he hasn't had his own show yet, then i doubt he'd get a movie.
I have no problem about his race.....he just generaly sucks as a lantern.

xmarksthespot
It'd probably have Kyle... and if not Kyle then Hal.

Grayle
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
It'd probably have Kyle... and if not Kyle then Hal.

Actually, it should probably have both. Let me explain.

1. Marvel had taken X-men and Spidey to the movies and they have cleaned up. Blade, Fantastic Four, Punisher, Hulk and Daredevil have all been made, with Ghost Rider, Iron Man, Ant Man, and Thor on the way. ALL of these heroes and their stories take place on Earth, where most people can 'relate' to them.

2. For DC, Batman and Superman have been made, and Wonder Woman is in the process. That leaves The Flash (who had a TV show), Aquaman, Hawkman (sort of), Green Arrow (who will soon be in Smallville), and Green Lantern.

3. Star Trek is over. Star Wars is over. Firefly/Serenity is over. As of right now, the only Giant Space Epic that can satisfy is Sci-fi Friday.
The Green Lantern is the ONLY DC hero that has the potential of filling the the Void of Space Epic, Blockbuster Movie, and Comic Book Superhero all at the same time.

That being said, instead of making one movie and hoping it does well, then following up with sequels to continue the story like the Marvel heroes are doing, Why not take the Peter Jackson/LOTR approach and write a 3-part Giant Space Epic? Hal and Kyle's story could (theoretically) both be told, all of the other Corps members could be in it, and we could have a new space saga to follow fanatically.

Any thoughts?

NoFate007
You mean have more of "Green Lantern Corps" than an actual "Green Lantern" movie? Like, instead of the usual "focus on one guy" story, have it more on the general idea of the GLC and the Guardians and whatnot? That's an idea...that way they could do a film about Hal, a film about Kyle, a film about John, etc.

pr1983
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
DigiMark, I totally agree, they should do Alan Scott.

That way, it's okay if it's a bit hoaky, they can make it a period film, have it be 1930s/40s (keep it away from the war though, just make it a gangster era homefront movie). Think something like the Untouchables or Road to Perdition for setting, and then have Alan Scott blazing through it with the green flame. Not sure who they should have for villains, but a sweet fight with Solomon Grundy is a must. As Grundy is made of plant matter, Alan has trouble using his ring against him, so it would be an innovative battle, not just Alan bludgeoning the monster. Then maybe Icicle or Sky Pirate.

I think with the 30s setting and the mystical nature of the character, it could be a great movie. Not all of these superhero movies have to be set in the modern day, I think if the Fantastic Four movie had been set in the 1960s it would have been infinitely better, and it would work well with a character who does have a set origin period.

Really good idea...

why all the hate for john? he's not that bad... though he wouldnt be my first choice i'll admit...

that actor guy at least knows what he's talking about... though it could be another daredvil... messed

Originally posted by NoFate007
You mean have more of "Green Lantern Corps" than an actual "Green Lantern" movie? Like, instead of the usual "focus on one guy" story, have it more on the general idea of the GLC and the Guardians and whatnot? That's an idea...that way they could do a film about Hal, a film about Kyle, a film about John, etc.

I like that idea too... though it might suffer as aopposed to a movie about a singular lantern...

MattDay
well it makes sense as the GL corps is an interesting story to be told, having hal go nuts and cause mayhem to when kyle is found and replaces hal as the green lantern to then a sub plot of other GL's coming in to help, and then the big finally of the GL's facing off with classic enemies involved... it could be DC's finest moment in film

Grayle

MattDay
sounds good, rather see kyle introduced in the second and continued in the third... more character building there, hal can then be reintroduced when parallax grasps ganthet, he escapes, the film continues the struggle until they meet for the final battle and the GL corps rebuilding, showing Kyle return to earth as it's protector and Hal overseeing the GL corps, and promises kyle he is free to come whenever he needs help, then intructs all the GL's to missions around the galaxy or universe depends what they want

NoFate007
Though I don't know all of the GL lore, just as a basic outline, I think I'd go with:

1. Hal Jordan becomes GL. Have the whole explanation and a villain, most likely Sinestro who is defeated but not killed. Instead, he's placed in a prison on Oa - I like the idea of Hal going into the power battery and then being altered, so keep that. Have it so that Hal feels as though he can't control his power since it was upgraded by going into the battery.

2. Hal goes nuts with power - start the Parallax section of the series. His ring gets sent to Kyle Rayner, who the Guardians consider to be the only one that can stop Hal, since the ring needed someone at least equal in power and spirit. Have another villain on the side that Kyle can take out, possibly even Sinestro after breaking out of his cell. Make it so, after finding out that Kyle was considered equal or better than Hal, feels angry and jealous, and attacks Oa, leaving them "in a pickle" so to speak lol, and goes on a rampage. The film ends without a solid climax.

3. In response to Parallax's destruction, the Guardians enlist the help of other GLs (here's your shot to throw in Guy, John, etc) and the goal of the film is to take out Hal, who, in the end, sacrifices himself to power up the battery once again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.