Storm: The Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

InnerRise
As much as I would like to see a Storm movie, here's what Halle Berry had to say on the matter.

"SHH!: Did you ever go back to the comics to look at Storm's history and where she's at in the comics and would you consider doing a Storm spin-off ever?
Berry: No, I think I like coming in and playing Storm, but there are so many things I want to do with my career that I don't think I want to dedicate that much time to doing a spin-off character on Storm."

"SHH!: So no more comic book superheroes for you?
Berry: Nope. I think I'm done. When you play one like this to play another one would be going backwards at best at this point. I don't think I can beat it so why try."

cry

is it comprehensible.....

masterkit
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOO

WHY! WHY!

cry

InnerRise
I understand where she's coming from but I'm still disappointed.

But who knows.

If she ultimately decides to never do a spin off I hope they wouldn't get someone else to play Storm in a spin off.

But of course if they do another X-Men movie she'll be Storm b/c she's said that she wouldn't want anybody else playing Storm, so I don't see why she wouldn't do a Spin-Off in her free time (if any) if she'd do another X-Men Movie.

It'd be the same if she did a Spin off and there not be another X-Men movie.

She'd still be shooting a movie as Storm.

Phoenix Forever
omg that is so bogus! she makes a good storm though

masterkit
yeah she does! But then if they did a storm spin-off i bet she mite do it.

Only because she said she doesnt want anyone else to play stormbig grin

KharmaDog
She was a crap storm. She did to storm what she did to catwoman, and made them both suck.

LanceWindu
Storm is not needed for X4, they can write her off if need be, just look at Nightcrawler.

I personally wouldn't go see a Storm movie. She only works with the X-Men, not a standalone character.

Xam
Originally posted by InnerRise
I think I'm done. When you play one like this to play another one would be going backwards at best at this point. I don't think I can beat it so why try

i find that halle is talking like we didnt know she made catwoman stick out tongue

Sludge
Storm's comic mini-series didn't do well, and neither I'm afraid, would a film based on the character. Especially played by Halle "Catwoman" Berry.

InnerRise
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Storm is not needed for X4, they can write her off if need be, just look at Nightcrawler.

I personally wouldn't go see a Storm movie. She only works with the X-Men, not a standalone character.
But what reason do they have to write her off.

She never said she wouldn't come back for a X4.

And with the conversation b/t her and Xavier insinuating that she'd take over the school if anything were to happen to him, there's no doubt she'll be in the next movie.

Even without that conversation, like I said before, there's no reason to write her out.

I hate the fact that because Catwoman did horrible, b/c of the writers and director and not Halle Berry who did the best with what she had, that people won't let that go and are using it as an excuse to why she'd do bad in a movie about Storm.

LanceWindu
But what reason do they have to write her off.

She never said she wouldn't come back for a X4.

And with the conversation b/t her and Xavier insinuating that she'd take over the school if anything were to happen to him, there's no doubt she'll be in the next movie.

Even without that conversation, like I said before, there's no reason to write her out.

I hate the fact that because Catwoman did horrible, b/c of the writers and director and not Halle Berry who did the best with what she had, that people won't let that go and are using it as an excuse to why she'd do bad in a movie about Storm.

I'm not sure...they could easily write her out like they were planning to do on X3 before she decided to come back if they gave her more screen time.

I'm not saying she's a bad actress, but a movie just about Storm would be boring.

InnerRise
I don't think they were ever planning to write Storm out because Halle Berry was always going to come back. I posted a piece of a conversation with her around here somewhere concerning that and she clarifies that all up and they don't have any reason to write her out in X4.

T.M
OK there are Wolverine and Magneto spin offs coming. But a Storm movie... come on.. she is a boring character.

cain marko
Originally posted by T.M
OK there are Wolverine and Magneto spin offs coming. But a Storm movie... come on.. she is a boring character.

wtf no she isnt she is amazin, hot powerful. hower i think that she might have climaxed in X3 and would do well to top her performace and portrayl of the character. i would like to see more flying and maybe fighting while flying

subgenius
I like Berry as Storm, but I fully believe that there are other actresses out there that could do a better job. Having said that, the only spin off X-Men movies that make any sense are origin stories. I would want to see the origin of Ororo and see how she became Storm. I do not see much sense in anything else.

The same for Magneto and Wolverine. I would want to see the development between Xavier and Magneto up to the point of their break in ideology and so forth... In fact, IMO, most of the best scenes in X3 are with Professor Xavier and Magneto together on screen. Those scenes are the only scenes that brought back the cool and powerful character inside of Magneto that we saw in X1 and X2.

InnerRise
Did you have any other actresses in mind?

H. S. 6
I don't think a Storm movie will ever be made. It wouldn't do well in theaters, as I see it.

InnerRise
Bump.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Flavio
There would never be a Storm spin-off anyways. no expression
And if there was one, I bet it would suck like Elektra did.
But if they call her back to an ensemble, I don't see why she'd refuse. At last, she wins some millions to make such a sacrifice. And she was the one begging for an X4 during People's Choice Awards.

PLUS, X-men movies are the only "good" movies she's been in for a looooooong time, so she'd better hang to them. They're at least better than the likes of Perfect Stranger, Gothika, Catwoman, etc.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Flavio
There would never be a Storm spin-off anyways. no expression
And if there was one, I bet it would suck like Elektra did.
But if they call her back to an ensemble, I don't see why she'd refuse. At last, she wins some millions to make such a sacrifice. And she was the one begging for an X4 during People's Choice Awards.

PLUS, X-men movies are the only "good" movies she's been in for a looooooong time, so she'd better hang to them. They're at least better than the likes of Perfect Stranger, Gothika, Catwoman, etc. You strayed off topic as quick as hell.

This thread is about the possibility of a STORM MOVIE. That is all. Don't go off topic to insult somebody.

BlueDMighty
I could see a Storm movie going into development in a few years.

I like Halle. I alsoo think that the writers and Directors are to blame for her character getting lost in translation.

Howevr, I think that they would HAVE to get another actress to play Storm, as a good majority of the movie would take place in her youth.

Or, if enough time has past, we could see a BP and Storm movie.

Either way, The Storm movie, IMHO, should have little to do with the X-men (maybe the movie could start at the wedding, and move from there).

InnerRise
I don't think that if they make a Storm movie that it will have to involve her youth years.

That would be boring and she wouldn't have developed her powers then. They could do a movie with only Halle Berry and even if they were to show her very young, it wouldn't have to be the whole movie. Just flashbacks or something and even so, Halle Berry doesn't exactly look old. She could pull of a young Teen Look I think.

pr1983
You strayed off topic as quick as hell.

This thread is about the possibility of a STORM MOVIE. That is all. Don't go off topic to insult somebody.

who did he insult?

and don't say halle...

InnerRise
Let's not stray from the topic anymore than we have to please and we don't have to. smile

pr1983
Let's not stray from the topic anymore than we have to please and we don't have to. smile

you're the one who complained... messed

and personally i wouldnt like to see a storm movie... i've never liked halle's portrayal (if you can call it that) and i honestly believe the character deserves better...

2damnloud
I don't really see a BLACK FEMALE superhero translating well with white audiences.

If there would be one, I would like to see Nona Gaye play Storm.

http://images.askmen.com/galleries/singer/nona-gaye/pictures/nona-gaye-picture-1.jpg

InnerRise
Originally posted by 2damnloud
I don't really see a BLACK FEMALE superhero translating well with white audiences.

If there would be one, I would like to see Nona Gaye play Storm

http://images.askmen.com/galleries/singer/nona-gaye/pictures/nona-gaye-picture-1.jpg Something about that picture doesn't set right with me.

Seems kind of fake.

Something about that picture is just phony.

But yeah, I can see her playing Storm as well. She looks just like that other actress whose name eludes me ahora mismo.

2damnloud
http://z.about.com/d/movies/1/0/e/c/6/nonagayexxx2.jpg

Flavio
You strayed off topic as quick as hell.

I actually like Halle Berry as an overall actress. I wouldn't come here to insult her.

Throughout my post, I simply stated the truth, in every one of my points. If stating the truth is insulting in your dictionary, then so be it.

And, I did not go off-topic. If you read the first two lines of my post, I talked about the possiblity of a Storm spin-off. And later, I simply explained upon the reason I think there shouldn't be one, and why Halle Berry wouldn't possibly want one anyways.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Flavio
I actually like Halle Berry as an overall actress. I wouldn't come here to insult her.

Throughout my post, I simply stated the truth, in every one of my points. If stating the truth is insulting in your dictionary, then so be it.

And, I did not go off-topic. If you read the first two lines of my post, I talked about the possiblity of a Storm spin-off. And later, I simply explained upon the reason I think there shouldn't be one, and why Halle Berry wouldn't possibly want one anyways. You LOVE OFF TOPIC post.

Halle has explain why she doesn't want one as I explained in the first entry post so you are now able to STAY ON TOPIC from now on. happy

pr1983
Originally posted by 2damnloud

If there would be one, I would like to see Nona Gaye play Storm.

http://images.askmen.com/galleries/singer/nona-gaye/pictures/nona-gaye-picture-1.jpg

you assume that white people won't accept a black female superhero?

innerrise, flav, keep on topic guys...

Shadow_King
i must be the only one who thinks storm should not have her own movie.

InnerRise
If I'm telling someone to stay on topic, then I'm on topic. Let's not backseat Mod. happy

Originally posted by Shadow_King
i must be the only one who thinks storm should not have her own movie. You must not have read ANY of this thread.

There are many people who don't want a Storm Movie, either because of Halle Berry, or because of the character Storm herself.

pr1983
If I'm telling someone to stay on topic, then I'm on topic. Let's not backseat Mod. happy

You must not have read ANY of this thread.

There are many people who don't want a Storm Movie, either because of Halle Berry, or because of the character Storm herself.

barker

Shadow_King

You must not have read ANY of this thread.

Ya thats true

Creshosk
If I'm telling someone to stay on topic, then I'm on topic. Let's not backseat Mod. happy Did you just tell someone who is a mod (not of this section but a mod none the less), not to backseat mod, after telling someone to stay on topic not once, but twice?

This must be what my irony detector was blowing up.. given the levels I'm surprised it didn't blow up.

Anywho... I'd love to see a Storm movie that's done well. if a person can convincingly act the part then I don't care who it is.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Creshosk
Did you just tell someone who is a mod (not of this section but a mod none the less), not to backseat mod, after telling someone to stay on topic not once, but twice?

This must be what my irony detector was blowing up.. given the levels I'm surprised it didn't blow up.

Anywho... I'd love to see a Storm movie that's done well. if a person can convincingly act the part then I don't care who it is. Nope, but I will tell YOU to keep on topic from now on and to not attempt to backseat Mod as well. Cheerio. doped

Creshosk
Nope, but I will tell YOU to keep on topic from now on and to not attempt to backseat Mod as well. Cheerio. doped

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... Are you trying to be the embodiment of hypocrisy?

InnerRise
Continue and it will be reported. doped

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

SnazzySmurph
On average, there are 178 sesame seeds on each McDonalds BigMac bun.

JasonK4

Reported for going off-topic.

ermhappy

BlueDMighty
I don't think that if they make a Storm movie that it will have to involve her youth years.

That would be boring and she wouldn't have developed her powers then. They could do a movie with only Halle Berry and even if they were to show her very young, it wouldn't have to be the whole movie. Just flashbacks or something and even so, Halle Berry doesn't exactly look old. She could pull of a young Teen Look I think.

I disagree about the Youth years.

I can see a fairly action packed adventure about an orphaned Young African woman with platinum hair. Who just so happens to be the adopted daughter of the King of thieves (Think Aladdin).

I can see her:

1) Meeting a younger Xavier (To establish her x-man origin).

2)Meeting a young prince named T'challa (To foreshadow their future relationship).

3) She would have to face the Amahl Farouk AKA The Shadow King.

4) She discovers her powers.

These four elements combined with good casting and great writing could work and be AWESOME eek!

pr1983

dude, seriously, give it a rest... you were doing this in the games forum too, and neither lana (who is incidentally the mod for this forum too), or i will tolerate it much longer...

you aren't a mod, so top acting like one and talking down to people, i know for a fact you are better than that dude...

Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
On average, there are 178 sesame seeds on each McDonalds BigMac bun.

hmm, interesting...

InnerRise
Originally posted by BlueDMighty
I disagree about the Youth years.

I can see a fairly action packed adventure about an orphaned Young African woman with platinum hair. Who just so happens to be the adopted daughter of the King of thieves (Think Aladdin).

I can see her:

1) Meeting a younger Xavier (To establish her x-man origin).

2)Meeting a young prince named T'challa (To foreshadow their future relationship).

3) She would have to face the Amahl Farouk AKA The Shadow King.

4) She discovers her powers.

These four elements combined with good casting and great writing could work and be AWESOME eek! Ok. I can see that kind of working I guess. I just didn't know how young you were going for.

BlueDMighty
Ok. I can see that kind of working I guess. I just didn't know how young you were going for.

The only reason I say younger, is because there is more common knowledge about her origin.

If we did an older Storm movie (I would personally begin with the wedding) we would have to deal with the people asking questions like:

Where is Wolverine? I thought this was X-men.

Who is that guy in the cat suit?

Since when does Storm deserve her own movie?

An origin movie in my opinion would give everybody equal footing as far as the Mythos of the character is concerned, while at the same time introducing new fans to the character from the beginning.

The movie could end with a young Xavier offering to contact her when he gets his school up and running (his bout with the Shadow King, and his run in with Ororo are what makes him decide to form the school).

Phenom1985
I think Halle Berry makes a perfect Storm. I would rather see a Storm movie then Wolverine or Magneto. Wolverine only has claws and healing factor. He is the most boring mutant and I'm getting bored of Magneto too. Same old villain and we need new villains and they should focus on other X-Men member like Cyclops,Storm,Professor Xavier,Jean Grey the Phoenix and Rogue. We need something different and they should try to bring on everything in X-Men.

InnerRise
What do you mean by "BRING ON EVERY X-MEN"???

That's too much. There's not enough time or movie film for that.

Did you not see the many Mutants put into X3 that were just basically background characters or made up characters or mutant powers mixed together into one entity?

Bringing on Every X-Men is not possible.

Ridley_Prime
What do you mean by "BRING ON EVERY X-MEN"???

That's too much. There's not enough time or movie film for that.

Did you not see the many Mutants put into X3 that were just basically background characters or made up characters or mutant powers mixed together into one entity?

Bringing on Every X-Men is not possible.

Yeah, but those background characters brought up (in X3) were from the Brotherhood, not the X-Men. While I agree that it wouldn't be possible to have every mutant out there in one movie (with an equally significant role and all that), I think it might be possible to have at least every X-Men. Then again, there's probably more than I remember...

InnerRise
Throwing in every X-Man just for the sake of it doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

I'd rather they put in as many as they can handle and build each's character nicely than putting in dozens and dozens which end up being watered down terribly.

Genosha
Originally posted by Phenom1985
I think Halle Berry makes a perfect Storm. I would rather see a Storm movie then Wolverine or Magneto. Wolverine only has claws and healing factor. He is the most boring mutant and I'm getting bored of Magneto too. Same old villain and we need new villains and they should focus on other X-Men member like Cyclops,Storm,Professor Xavier,Jean Grey the Phoenix and Rogue. We need something different and they should try to bring on everything in X-Men.

Man, I hate to be a jerk, but I really disagree with just about everything in that statement. No offence I guess, but...man s'like a forklift in the gut, no gettin around it.

Thought Halle Berry was maybe the worst possible choice for Storm.

Wolerine has an extremely rich past and his fighting style is more visceral, so you get more hand to hand fight scenes than special effects, which are really easy to badly.

Aside from wolverine, most of the other X-men members have always been members of a team, and when they've done Solo comics they flop on an epic scale, because they're part of a greater whole. None of them really has the power to carry a movie. Chuck is nothing without a team to lead. I would say the same about Cyclops. Jean...I'm past making logical argumets about her, so I'll just keep my mouth shut on that one. Rogue as she was done in the 1st 3 movies, has absolutly no charisma. Who wants to watch some little girl mope around for two hours? I like Storm, but I think she makes a better supporting character. Like trying to give CatWoman her own movie...

Genosha
I dunno, if they did a Storm movie, might want to do the Morlocks story line. You get to use some cool characters. Marrow it high on my list of cool people. I really dig her rage big grin. It's also one of the few times, aside from before she met the X-men, where Storm really did much of anything on her own. But please, please, pleeease, Not Halle Berry. Storm isn't cute. She's stunning. She isn't delicate. She's powerful. She isn't soft and sweet. She's commanding and imposing. A Goddess not a f_ing concubine. There are about 20 black actresses out there who can pull off the kind of strength that Storm represents in terms of appearance and acting ability.

Am I the only one on this planet who sees casting as more than an effort to get the most broadly appealing eye-candy for your buck?

hugekent
Of all the characters in not just the X-World but the MU, Storm would be the last one who's movie I'd want to see. I also agree with those who said they didn't like Halle Berry's portrayal. She made a boring character 10x more boring.

hunter_blake05
really.. its good many mutants will appeared

pr1983
Originally posted by Genosha
Chuck is nothing without a team to lead. I would say the same about Cyclops.

i really hope you're only talking about movie cyclops...

Genosha
Not really, the point I think I was making was that most of the X-men aren't very compelling as individuals. They're meant to be a team. parts of a greater whole. I don't see that as a flaw. It's part of the design. I see Wolverine as one of a very few exceptions. He's always been a bit of a lone wolf type, which makes it easier for him to carry a movie. The rest of the X-men, Storm in particular loose the contrast of the other team members that brings out their unique qualities.

pr1983
Not really, the point I think I was making was that most of the X-men aren't very compelling as individuals. They're meant to be a team. parts of a greater whole. I don't see that as a flaw. It's part of the design. I see Wolverine as one of a very few exceptions. He's always been a bit of a lone wolf type, which makes it easier for him to carry a movie. The rest of the X-men, Storm in particular loose the contrast of the other team members that brings out their unique qualities.

i actually disagree, and quite a bit at that...

Arcane
Originally posted by pr1983
i really hope you're only talking about movie cyclops...

same, x2 was on tv last night, and after the attack on the president, scott says some thing stupid like its probably magneto,

now after reading the first new x-men series and astonishing, hell even Tas series, we all know cyke doesnt jump to conclusions and has a little more common sense when it comes to guessing the bad guy,

im not saying it's all james marsden's fault, he does suck at cyclops tho, but the writers obviously couldnt care less about cyke

so storm bad idea, magneto bad idea, wolverine, bad idea but i might go see it if gambit is in it, i wanna see his power in action,

an emma frost one, woooyeah, but seeing as she wasnt in the movies very unlikely, maybe one of the students, kinda like new x-men series 2, that would be good

pr1983
Originally posted by Arcane
same, x2 was on tv last night, and after the attack on the president, scott says some thing stupid like its probably magneto,

now after reading the first new x-men series and astonishing, hell even Tas series, we all know cyke doesnt jump to conclusions and has a little more common sense when it comes to guessing the bad guy,

im not saying it's all james marsden's fault, he does suck at cyclops tho, but the writers obviously couldnt care less about cyke

so storm bad idea, magneto bad idea, wolverine, bad idea but i might go see it if gambit is in it, i wanna see his power in action,

an emma frost one, woooyeah, but seeing as she wasnt in the movies very unlikely, maybe one of the students, kinda like new x-men series 2, that would be good

cyclops was a disaster in the movies... all they got right was the visor and the optic blast imo...

Genosha
i actually disagree, and quite a bit at that...

Ok, so you disagree, but why? You think Storm has enough game, especially played by Halle Berry, to carry a movie?

I know you like Scott, but do you really think he's compelling enough to hold the attention of a mainstream audience for 2 hours? What kind of story line are we looking at?

I don't know man, the X-men were never intended to be stand alone characters. They were meant to play off of each other. Sure they all have interesting back stories, but none of them really becomes who we know them as until they're X-men.

C'mon man, you disagree. Convince me big grin.

Ordained
I think that a Storm movie could work if they get the right writer. She has a book written by Eric Jerome Dickey and it was surprisingly good, considering the fact that I don't like his work. All the movie Storm character needs is someone who has exceptional writing abilities.

pr1983
Ok, so you disagree, but why? You think Storm has enough game, especially played by Halle Berry, to carry a movie?

I know you like Scott, but do you really think he's compelling enough to hold the attention of a mainstream audience for 2 hours? What kind of story line are we looking at?

I don't know man, the X-men were never intended to be stand alone characters. They were meant to play off of each other. Sure they all have interesting back stories, but none of them really becomes who we know them as until they're X-men.

C'mon man, you disagree. Convince me big grin.

if we're talking about purely movies, then no, alot of them couldnt carry a movie by themselves, you'd need an a-list villain and a reason why they arent with the team at the very least...

but that doesn't, imo, devalue them as characters... most of the x-men, the storm's, the cyclops' and the like, are richly developed characters with deep histories and interesting personalities...

hollywood doesnt work like that, superhero movies need explosions, they need people to have badass catchphrases etc...

the x-men belong as a team, thats true, but they are all their own people and should be recognised as such imo...

Genosha
if we're talking about purely movies, then no, alot of them couldnt carry a movie by themselves, you'd need an a-list villain and a reason why they arent with the team at the very least...

but that doesn't, imo, devalue them as characters... most of the x-men, the storm's, the cyclops' and the like, are richly developed characters with deep histories and interesting personalities...

hollywood doesnt work like that, superhero movies need explosions, they need people to have badass catchphrases etc...

the x-men belong as a team, thats true, but they are all their own people and should be recognised as such imo...

I agree that they're good characters, but I don't have any faith in the ability of movie makers to produce something worth spending 10$ and two hours on my life on while staying true to the essence of what the character is.

Storm and Cyke are both examples of characters with interesting history, but lacking the kind of personality that would allow them to be the focus of a movie.

Both of them are at their best in a leadership position. That's when they have the most punch. Both are sort of quiet and understated in their day to day, but come to life when they start dishing out orders.

However, I do agree that you could do a movie about a quiet hero if the villains are interesting. It's a batman trademark and has been very effective.

I think the thing that makes it hard for me to picture a Storm movie in particular, is that she's such a heavy, deadpan personality. Wolverine in comparison is colorful, with a powerful internal monologue and great potential for excellent fight scenes that makes him a good candidate for a movie.

Storm is too...austere. And she doesn't really get in there and mix it up, so all of her fights would be heavy on the special effects. That can be bad news if the budget is low and they're spending most of it in Halle Berry. Storm's other problem is that she doesn't have a really ... quintessential rivalry. You could write one for the movie, but you risk alienating loyal Storm fans who are probably the only people who would consider paying to see it.

I've always like the idea of Storm, but I don't think a movie about her is a good a idea. It could be very bad, very ugly, and very painful. I'm picturing fake lighting, a wind machine, and some very stilted, unpleasant dialogue. Sorry.

pr1983
I agree that they're good characters, but I don't have any faith in the ability of movie makers to produce something worth spending 10$ and two hours on my life on while staying true to the essence of what the character is.

Storm and Cyke are both examples of characters with interesting history, but lacking the kind of personality that would allow them to be the focus of a movie.

Both of them are at their best in a leadership position. That's when they have the most punch. Both are sort of quiet and understated in their day to day, but come to life when they start dishing out orders.

However, I do agree that you could do a movie about a quiet hero if the villains are interesting. It's a batman trademark and has been very effective.

I think the thing that makes it hard for me to picture a Storm movie in particular, is that she's such a heavy, deadpan personality. Wolverine in comparison is colorful, with a powerful internal monologue and great potential for excellent fight scenes that makes him a good candidate for a movie.

Storm is too...austere. And she doesn't really get in there and mix it up, so all of her fights would be heavy on the special effects. That can be bad news if the budget is low and they're spending most of it in Halle Berry. Storm's other problem is that she doesn't have a really ... quintessential rivalry. You could write one for the movie, but you risk alienating loyal Storm fans who are probably the only people who would consider paying to see it.

I've always like the idea of Storm, but I don't think a movie about her is a good a idea. It could be very bad, very ugly, and very painful. I'm picturing fake lighting, a wind machine, and some very stilted, unpleasant dialogue. Sorry.

you mean the kind of 'lowest denominator' appeal don't you... stick out tongue

i'm not sure about storm to be honest, none of her villains really strike me as being on the level of magneto etc...

scott has sinister... stick jean in there and use a 'trying to clone them to make the perfect mutant demon child' and it'd be great... but im biased, so meh... stick out tongue

Genosha

i'm not sure about storm to be honest, none of her villains really strike me as being on the level of magneto etc...

That was part of my point exactly. I'm having a hard time imagining even a halfway decent Storm movie. You could pair her with Black Panther and maybe bring in something from his comics. I don't know him very well at all, but they've been a pair for a long time, and I think he's got a pretty strong fan base.

scott has sinister... stick jean in there and use a 'trying to clone them to make the perfect mutant demon child' and it'd be great... but im biased, so meh... stick out tongue

The Sinister/Scott/Jean/Maddie/Cable/Apocalypse story is definitely movie worthy and gives scott a lot more depth than we get to see in his day to day. I think it could be worth our time if it was done well.

pr1983
That was part of my point exactly. I'm having a hard time imagining even a halfway decent Storm movie. You could pair her with Black Panther and maybe bring in something from his comics. I don't know him very well at all, but they've been a pair for a long time, and I think he's got a pretty strong fan base.

alot of panther fans would lose their minds if they did a storm panther movie i think...

the key imo would be getting sinister just right... after that, it becomes a lot easier...

jdea
I think halle won't do a storm Spin-off bcuz she's starred in an female superhero film, and she knows how they usually do... poorly, no offense, but good female superhero films are rarely produced (with the exception of maybe Tomb Raider and Aeon Flux)

Based on past experiences with female solo-superhero films I think it's smart to refuse to do one

In contrast there could be a good Storm film if the writers really sat down and figured out who Storm is, what her faults are and how can she grow from these imperfections...

I think it would be incredible to portray her as a godess; the epitome of perfection, yet she has many faults, and a troubled past, it would humanize her and make her a strong and relatable, which Halle could easily pull off

platformskater
I think it's a bit weird making solo spin-off movies. Since you already have the movie continuum which has already changed half of the stories of the characters in the X-Men universe, a spin-off movie would most likely be something entirely different like in the ultimate universe.

Since there's been so much change already, I think they're better off makign Storm go solo after he time with the X-Men and who knows, probably fight off the Shadow King possessing mutants around the world and wreaking havoc on her claustrophobia.

Genosha
the key imo would be getting sinister just right... after that, it becomes a lot easier...

Sinister is a classic villain; I think it would be hard to mess him up. As long as his crazy isn't too blatant. I think you'd get something like Doc Oc in Spiderman 2... Not so much Mad scientist as a little too sane for his own good...or rather everyone else's good.

I understand Marvel wanting to bring in a new audience, but they have a great store house of solid stories that would make great cinema. I don't get the need to create whole new storylines. You can attract a young crowd by bringing them some of the same stories that earned the loyalty of your core fans, and those die hards would be happy to see some of their favorites presented in a different medium..

Then again there's probably a reason why no one's ever hired me to make a movie.

Following Storm after Xavier, isn't a bad idea. I'm

pr1983
Sinister is a classic villain; I think it would be hard to mess him up. As long as his crazy isn't too blatant. I think you'd get something like Doc Oc in Spiderman 2... Not so much Mad scientist as a little too sane for his own good...or rather everyone else's good.

I understand Marvel wanting to bring in a new audience, but they have a great store house of solid stories that would make great cinema. I don't get the need to create whole new storylines. You can attract a young crowd by bringing them some of the same stories that earned the loyalty of your core fans, and those die hards would be happy to see some of their favorites presented in a different medium..

Then again there's probably a reason why no one's ever hired me to make a movie.

You're...?

platformskater

I don't get the need for new storylines either. To be honest, I would have preferred the first X-men movie to be about the original X-Men. But since they've already changed the X-men universe in movie form, they're probably going to stick to new stories btu draw on from old ones.

Genosha
I'm...a terrible proof reader.

platformskater
Nah, don't fret over it Genosha. Just blame the computer or the internet :P

pr1983
I'm...a terrible proof reader.

Originally posted by platformskater
Nah, don't fret over it Genosha. Just blame the computer or the internet :P

laughing out loud yup, its the interwebs fault...

2damnloud
edit.

Rutog98

You could use the Shadow King as a villian against Storm or even twist some of Apacolypse's history to make him the villain in a Storm move. wink

SnakeEyes
I hope a Storm film NEVER gets made.

pr1983
Originally posted by Rutog98
You could use the Shadow King as a villian against Storm or even twist some of Apacolypse's history to make him the villain in a Storm move. wink

shadow king, sure, and twist apocalypse, yeah, why not, though it would be a disservice to the characters who have a big history with apocalypse wouldnt it?

Ridley_Prime
though it would be a disservice to the characters who have a big history with apocalypse wouldnt it?
Indeed. sad

endrict
Originally posted by SnakeEyes

cozmyster1
storms crap, wolverine wud kik y aass m8

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Same.

If a movie of her was made, the annoying Storm fanboyism here would rise through the roof. sick

InnerRise
Is there an actual reason you wouldn't want the film made that has to do with the actual film?

RLAAMJR.
Yeah! A Storm movie would be very awesome.

I would definitely watch it.

jdea
I think a Storm video game would be awesome, just imagine the graphics, and range of abilities she'd have, they should make it sort of mix of God of War and Tomb Raider

Ordained
i completely agree. she was so underrated in X-Men Legends 1&2. she could really shine in her own game.

Raoul
Is there an actual reason you wouldn't want the film made that has to do with the actual film?

halle berry.

Genosha
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Same.

If a movie of her was made, the annoying Storm fanboyism here would rise through the roof. sick

I'm not sure that Storm is significantly more popular than any other Xman.

Originally posted by Raoul
halle berry.

Amen

RLAAMJR.
I would really love a Storm movie.

stormlover
Of course there should be a storm movie. I love Halle Berry and I think she could pull it off, but they'd have to hurry up and make it cause she's getting older

megaroguefan
i don't want an storm movie it would be boring she isn't that important.it would be better an x4 movie and rogue should be played by megan fox

The Badger
Storm is not worth a movie.

Theres a reason she doesn't have her own comics folks.

stormlover
she did have her own comic (for a short period of time). And I do believe that her story is worth telling. She's not boring at all and a movie about her wouldn't be either. It would be like Tomb Raider and Day After Tomorrow put together. (of course, they can embelish a little bit, seeing as how they changed her so much from the comic book version). She could still keep the elements of her comic book character, though. She was worshipped as a goddess for heavens sake. Do you know the possible storylines and plots that you can make from that fact alone. I believe a Storm movie could very well be made and be successfully accepted worldwide. Even if I have to write the script myself.

The Badger
Nah you are wrong, get past the Storm love and realize that.

stormlover
How am I wrong? It's not just my love for Storm. Anyone who knows her history and has at least a little respect for her character can see how a movie about her origins is very possible and doable( is that a word?). How am I wrong?

Genosha
I think I've mentioned before that storm is a good character, but she doesn't have the kind of dynamic personality that would carry a movie. She's a rock. That's always been one of the interesting things about her. Normally a character with her portfolio would have a similarly tempestious temprement. She's a great addition to a team and works well as a contrast to more emotionally charged charaters, but watching her by herself- when she's actually in character and not just a cute little girl with white hair and a cape- just isn't good cinema.

A comic book movie needs more than just a neat character to be paletable to a mass audience.

And because I don't think I can state it emphatically enough, Berry is not a good Storm. She's too pretty, too soft, too sweet. Strom is an oak not a willow; she's a massive cumulonimbus, looming, ominous, and dark, not one of those fluffy jobs that look like lambs and what not. Or for those of you who are just interested in her...attributes, she a glamizon huntress, not a playboy bunny.

hugekent
Yeh well said, I agree on all points.

jdea
Originally posted by Raoul
halle berry.

lol, a-doi

jdea
Hope someone does a Storm film before I'm old-n-grey, it could be really powerful and emotional, imagine elements of Blood Diamond mixed with a superhero film, it'd be awesome beyond belief

They could make it realistic and contemporary like they did with Ironman,

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.