Does lightening make a noise ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grey fox
If so could someone give me a rough description .

Eg : It's a boom , or a Zap etc etc etc

Boris
What do you think Thunder is.

Da preacher
Yeah, C'mon?

What's ur problem?

debbiejo
Yes

Spearhead
Originally posted by Boris

Why, angels bowling, of course. roll eyes (sarcastic)

T.M

Dawson
T.M. got it.

Bloigen

Da preacher

debbiejo
Yeah.....

Because I can

Mindship
Actually...TM did say 'technically', so technically he is correct. stick out tongue

It's like: what makes the car go faster, you pressing on the accelerator, or the car engine?

Because I can ... lightning is an electrical discharge; thunder is the sound made by that discharge's effect on the air.

T.M
Originally posted by Because I can
Thunder is lightning, only at the speed of sound.. or something like that, innit?

Thunder is the sound giving off by the air around the bolt of lightning expanding and contracting rapidly causing sound waves...

I feel like I am repeating myself.

debbiejo
OK...........Lightening makes a noise when it reacts with the air, which then it wouldn't in a vacuum.

Janus Marius

Philip_ll
Lightning is beautiful, until it strikes you.

debbiejo
eek! ......I've known someone that got struck twice........It made their hair turn pure white!

AOR
Originally posted by Philip_ll
Lightning is beautiful, until it strikes you.

Phili, Kudos to the relevance...laughing

Philip_ll
Thanks laughing

T.M
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Damn, and here I was hoping no one had said this.

*Lost another chance to bring that dixie cup of Truth to the forest fire of ignorance*

big grin

Lugia's_Trainer
Originally posted by T.M
big grin
aw leave him alone it's a weird question geesh r u guys rude or what

debbiejo
Everything makes vibrations, so yes, lightening does make a sound.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by grey fox
If so could someone give me a rough description .

Eg : It's a boom , or a Zap etc etc etc

When it hits something it does.

hily
Originally posted by Mindship
Actually...TM did say 'technically', so technically he is correct. stick out tongue

It's like: what makes the car go faster, you pressing on the accelerator, or the car engine?

Because I can ... lightning is an electrical discharge; thunder is the sound made by that discharge's effect on the air.

neither, if youve taken some real nerdy physics classes like i have its the friction of the tire againts the road that makes the car move ...... they've beaten into my mind!

debbiejo
Still does, because if not the effects of it, there would be none............so, it is the cause..

§ilent
Originally posted by Because I can
Thunder is lightning, only at the speed of sound.. or something like that, innit?

No, Lightning travels faster than sound.

KidRock
Did none of you take highschool science???

§ilent
Is that suppose to be some sort of insult?

Shakyamunison
It all depends on what you say lightening is. If you include the air that the lightening travels through, then yes it makes a noise.

aclj
Lightning makes a sound similar to the sound that occurred when I accidentally left a spoon in my bowl of mac and cheese in the microwave. It didn't look quite right after that.

Kritish
Originally posted by Boris

God yelling his disappointment for touching myself at night.

Mindship
Only if there is someone around to hear it. wink

debbiejo
Doesn't take someone around.......

KidRock

Milkie
Originally posted by KidRock
Yes.

http://i6.tinypic.com/11t4c4x.gif

§ilent
Originally posted by KidRock
Yes.

lookaround

amity75
Lightning heats up the surrounding air so quickly that it creates a sonic boom and that is the sound that we know as thunder. nerd

debbiejo
Another analogy........girl gets off.......did the guy do it?...was he the cause... if he was not seen did it still make a noise......Was he responsible or only the after affect of it.........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.