Mutants. Are they out there or just fairy tales?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vladarion
I'm not sure if this thread has been made before or not, but i thought i would post it here since it's a belief by some people and something i think could be possible. So are Mutants real...are they out there?

I read a story a little while back that i wish i could find the article i read about it, but i can't find it. (still searching). It told about a girl who was is Ruissia. She seemed to have powers telekinesis, but until she was tested no one knew for sure. She was put into a room and asked questions, but soon she grew tired of it and then that's when things turned bad. She was reported throwing a chair across the room without
lifting a finger. When they got to her and grabed her arms to take her back to her quarters she threw a table across the room shattering the glass which was the view point for the doctors who i assume were taking notes. The report also said that the files disappeared and cannot be found that now only eye wittnesses are left to tell what happened.

So, do they exsist? If they do why should they hide? Wouldn't there be some who would band together and believe they are the evolved humans, the better beings of the planet such as the brotherhood in x-men? What do you think?

Darth Revan
I wish I had mutant powers.... sad

Mutants exist, since all life is the result of mutation. But X-men style mutation, no. That story is really weak, since all the purported evidence "disappeared" soon after the event supposedly took place. Eye witnesses don't count as evidence.

In any case, DNA isn't so powerful that it allows us to break the laws of physics.

thorncrawler
yeah i agree mutation does happen and there is "scientific" evidence but eye blasts and stuff nope

Jonathan Mark
*Turns into Magneto...*

AOR
Here are brief outlines of some people who have demonstrated remarkable PK abilities:

Stanislawa Tomczyk. Born in Poland, Tomczyk came to the attention of investigators when it was reported that startling poltergeist-like activity occurred spontaneously around her. She could control some telekinetic feats, but only under hypnosis. In this hypnotic state, Tomczyk took on a personality that called itself "Little Stasia" who could levitate small objects when Tomczyk placed her hands on either side of them. In the early 1900s, one investigator, Julien Ochorowicz, watched these levitations at very close range and observed something like fine threads emanating from her palms and fingers, although they were examined carefully before the experiment. And it didn't seem to be a trick. "When the medium separates her hands," Ochorowicz observed, "the thread gets thinner and disappears; it gives the same sensation as a spider's web. If it is cut with scissors, its continuity is immediately restored." In 1910, Tomczyk was tested by a group of scientists at the Physical Laboratory in Warsaw where she produced remarkable physical phenomena under strict test conditions.

Nina Kulagina. One of the most celebrated and scrutinized psychics to claim psychokinetic powers was Nina Kulagina, a Russian woman who discovered her abilities while attempting to develop other psychic powers. Reportedly, she has demonstrated her powers by mentally moving a wide range of nonmagnetic objects, including matches, bread, large crystal bowls, clock pendulums, a cigar tube and a salt shaker among other things. Some of these demonstrations have been captured on film. The skeptics contend, of course, that her abilities would not stand up to scientific testing, and that she may be nothing more that a clever magician.

Uri Geller. Geller is one of the most well-known "psychics" who has publicly demonstrated feats of psychokinesis: spoon and key bending have become almost synonymous with Geller's name. Although many skeptics and magicians consider his metal-bending performances nothing more than adroit sleight-of-hand, Geller has allegedly shown that he can manifest the effects over great distances and in multiple locations. On a British radio show in 1973, after demonstrating key bending to the astonishment of the host, Geller invited the listening audience to participate. Just minutes later, phone calls began pouring into the radio station from listeners all over the UK reporting that knives, forks, spoons, keys and nails began to bend and twist spontaneously. Watches and clocks that had not run in years began to work. It was an event whose success surprised even Geller and thrust him into the spotlight

All information was extracted from the following website

Vladarion
Wow very nice AOR. Now that's what i believe in. People who have powers such as those people. Everyone has these powers, but we just are not able to tap into them. We only use 5% of our brain they say if we just used 2% more we could hit the first marks of telekinesis. So maybe if we focus and work for it, a few years later we could possibly start moving objects...small objects mind you, but still who knows.

Darth Revan
Originally posted by AOR
Here are brief outlines of some people who have demonstrated remarkable PK abilities:

Stanislawa Tomczyk. Born in Poland, Tomczyk came to the attention of investigators when it was reported that startling poltergeist-like activity occurred spontaneously around her. She could control some telekinetic feats, but only under hypnosis. In this hypnotic state, Tomczyk took on a personality that called itself "Little Stasia" who could levitate small objects when Tomczyk placed her hands on either side of them. In the early 1900s, one investigator, Julien Ochorowicz, watched these levitations at very close range and observed something like fine threads emanating from her palms and fingers, although they were examined carefully before the experiment. And it didn't seem to be a trick. "When the medium separates her hands," Ochorowicz observed, "the thread gets thinner and disappears; it gives the same sensation as a spider's web. If it is cut with scissors, its continuity is immediately restored." In 1910, Tomczyk was tested by a group of scientists at the Physical Laboratory in Warsaw where she produced remarkable physical phenomena under strict test conditions.

Nina Kulagina. One of the most celebrated and scrutinized psychics to claim psychokinetic powers was Nina Kulagina, a Russian woman who discovered her abilities while attempting to develop other psychic powers. Reportedly, she has demonstrated her powers by mentally moving a wide range of nonmagnetic objects, including matches, bread, large crystal bowls, clock pendulums, a cigar tube and a salt shaker among other things. Some of these demonstrations have been captured on film. The skeptics contend, of course, that her abilities would not stand up to scientific testing, and that she may be nothing more that a clever magician.

Uri Geller. Geller is one of the most well-known "psychics" who has publicly demonstrated feats of psychokinesis: spoon and key bending have become almost synonymous with Geller's name. Although many skeptics and magicians consider his metal-bending performances nothing more than adroit sleight-of-hand, Geller has allegedly shown that he can manifest the effects over great distances and in multiple locations. On a British radio show in 1973, after demonstrating key bending to the astonishment of the host, Geller invited the listening audience to participate. Just minutes later, phone calls began pouring into the radio station from listeners all over the UK reporting that knives, forks, spoons, keys and nails began to bend and twist spontaneously. Watches and clocks that had not run in years began to work. It was an event whose success surprised even Geller and thrust him into the spotlight

I don't believe stuff like that. It's easy to fake on film, and it's entirely possible that every one of the radio callers simply thought they saw the spoons/whatever bend and were mistaken. People also lie, especially when their claims are made over a purely auditory medium.

I also doubt that if there was really good evidence for any of these phenomena, more people wouldn't know about them. If, in a series of controlled scientific tests carried out by different individuals, somebody demonstrated that they could move stuff around by thinking about it, or read minds, or whatever, it would be pretty big news.

Edit: Btw, it's total bull that we only use 5% of our brains. Even if we didn't have ways of looking at brain activity, it makes no evolutionary sense that we would have this mass of tissue in our heads that was 95% useless.

AOR
Originally posted by Darth Revan
I don't believe stuff like that. It's easy to fake on film, and it's entirely possible that every one of the radio callers simply thought they saw the spoons/whatever bend and were mistaken. People also lie, especially when their claims are made over a purely auditory medium.

I also doubt that if there was really good evidence for any of these phenomena, more people wouldn't know about them. If, in a series of controlled scientific tests carried out by different individuals, somebody demonstrated that they could move stuff around by thinking about it, or read minds, or whatever, it would be pretty big news.

Edit: Btw, it's total bull that we only use 5% of our brains. Even if we didn't have ways of looking at brain activity, it makes no evolutionary sense that we would have this mass of tissue in our heads that was 95% useless.

I find much of this clearly brain candy, than actual truths. However just because the skeptic mind finds it hard to believe, doesn't mean we should throw away the idea entirely.

You seem to believe that the world would be all fine and dandy if all of a sudden science were to prove a certain "mutant gene" that allows the user the ability to warp reality. X-men, as fictional as it may be, shows a society that isn't far different then our own. Even the government, for both the safety and well being of the general public, would never publicise the discovery of a "tested gifted" person until they were positive that both the test subject and the people were safe. Even then, they would still be hesitant.

You say it's hard to prove a mutant ability, yet you disclaim the thought of use using (and it's actually 15% not 5) no more than 15% of our brains. Your very much correct in saying that we don't have the technology now to measure the brains activity. Where science is getting close, we aren't anywhere close yet. Which is what supports the theory. Science, which is completely dependant on the mind set of humans, can not even explain a thought. What is evident to science is existent, and what is not, isn't. However, just because we don't have the means to measure the brains activity, doesn't mean we know the brains activities. You disagree with the thought of 15% or 5%, so lets say we use 80%. Now 50 years, 100 years, a MILENIA later we come up with a device that measures the brain activity, and infact it is 15%. Does that mean that the brain activity is only 15% now? No, it's always been 15%. Just like you can't say (not you personally) "Mutant powers don't exsist because we don't have a means of testing them."

However you must know that my views of this are completely unbiased, and my ealier post was to help Vladarion. I believe that people are gifted, and there will come an age where we may be able to manipulate the physcial matter around us to fit our wishes. Whether it be the complete control of metal, or the increasing of molecular movement in a given place with a set direction of atoms (heat vision). Therefore I am patient and open to the possibility, but not a fanatic to immidiatly jump the band wagon...

Bloigen
Uri Geller talks a load of shit. no expression

He's a magician that believes his own lies.

AOR
Originally posted by Bloigen
Uri Geller talks a load of shit. no expression

He's a magician that believes his own lies.

Originally posted by AOR
However you must know that my views of this are completely unbiased, and my ealier post was to help Vladarion.

debbiejo
Mutations exist........And science is experimenting with many new type breeds

AOR
Oh really? Do you have any proof for such a bold claim?

debbiejo
NO

AOR
Originally posted by debbiejo
NO

And yet you come and here and tell us that "the gorvernment is testing on new breeds." Such a claim is fallacy and heresy punishable by death. How do you plead?

fruits
the story is a hoax. the chances of something crazy like that happening and all evidence...dissapearing is very unlikely and very made up. but mutation is out their. have you heard of the modern day magento family. it was a family and items like silverware stuck to their bodies. not sure if that's mutation or what

Darth Revan

debbiejo
Originally posted by AOR
And yet you come and here and tell us that "the gorvernment is testing on new breeds." Such a claim is fallacy and heresy punishable by death. How do you plead? Well there is not such place as hell...........Sooooooo.... wink

JaehSkywalker
i wish i got mpowers... erm

sheesh...

Jonathan Mark
If some old guy knocks on my door claims he's Magneto and starts throwing Metal around with his mind... I will personally eat my entire house.

Bloigen
Originally posted by Jonathan Mark
If some old guy knocks on my door claims he's Magneto and starts throwing Metal around with his mind... I will personally eat my entire house.

If you do.

Please video it.

AOR

Darth Revan

AOR

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by AOR
Well clearly the burden of proof lies not on me, but you. There are countless videos out there about "psychic" people. As far as I'm concerned (not me in general) the videos/pictures are all true. Innocent till proven guilty, I believe it's how it goes...

And you fail to see that most scientist are tied into the government one way or another. There isn't a "this information is mine, and mine alone" system. But rather a network between scientist that share information. Not to mention research like this must require phenomenal funding. Such numbers aren't just "overlooked" by a government.

Here's your link. It neither disproves nor supports either of us, but it does give information in regards to percentage used and the brain in general...http://www.onelife.com/evolve/brain.html

The burden of proof is on the one making a positive claim, you.

Great Vengeance
Yeah, the natural position is skepticism. AOR if you believe that mutants exist you need to prove it.

debbiejo
Science is alway experimenting with mutations..........though not like the cartoon, I feel

AOR
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
The burden of proof is on the one making a positive claim, you.

I'm not claiming their real. If anything I would hold it on a high skeptism. All I'm saying is openness to the idea of mutants; Not all evidense is "crap"; And I doubt we use the majority of our brains.

The first one is opionated

The second two, more the last, is on personal experience then the actual facts. The burden of proof would be the actual going through every form of "evidense" and putting them aside in the designated category. Even on a side note, my credentials for perhaps an authentic piece of evidense wouldn't be the same as lets say Darth Revan. So in essence this has no end.

For possible reiteration (if not clarification):

I am neutral on the mutant issue (in reagrds to like x-men). However mutant in it's definition*, I do believe exists.

*A mutant (also known to early geneticists as a "monster"wink is an individual, organism, or new genetic character arising or resulting from an instance of mutation, which is a sudden structural change within the DNA of a gene or chromosome of an organism resulting in the creation of a new character or trait not found in the parental type. In an organism or individual, the new character or trait may or may not be trivial, may occasionally be beneficial, but will usually result in either a genetic disorder or have no phenotypic effect whatsoever. The natural occurrence of genetic mutants is integral to the process of evolution.

Occasionally, a body cell in a healthy organism may acquire a mutation caused by a genetic error occurring during routine cell division. Such an error may result in cancer.

Aziz!
Originally posted by Vladarion
I'm not sure if this thread has been made before or not, but i thought i would post it here since it's a belief by some people and something i think could be possible. So are Mutants real...are they out there?

I read a story a little while back that i wish i could find the article i read about it, but i can't find it. (still searching). It told about a girl who was is Ruissia. She seemed to have powers telekinesis, but until she was tested no one knew for sure. She was put into a room and asked questions, but soon she grew tired of it and then that's when things turned bad. She was reported throwing a chair across the room without
lifting a finger. When they got to her and grabed her arms to take her back to her quarters she threw a table across the room shattering the glass which was the view point for the doctors who i assume were taking notes. The report also said that the files disappeared and cannot be found that now only eye wittnesses are left to tell what happened.

So, do they exsist? If they do why should they hide? Wouldn't there be some who would band together and believe they are the evolved humans, the better beings of the planet such as the brotherhood in x-men? What do you think?

Yes, mutants exist. He call them Albinos and midgets.

replies in kind

AOR

Mindship
Originally posted by AOR

http://www.randi.org/

IMO, both sides should be considered before drawing conclusions.

I doubt X-men-style mutants exist, though neither would I rule out, just on principle, the possibility of extraordinary development. The universe is a big place, but "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

Randi is able to duplicate these feats with illusionist/magician skills.

Spideys Sister
Mutants exist. Look at the albino kids. Their DNA was mutated. If you mean with powers that's way questionable since we have Marvels Xmen scaring the crap out of them with Homo sapien rejection.

replies in kind
Originally posted by AOR
So your saying there's this race of "people" that are afraid of our reactions towards them and therefore live a life of hiding? This doesn't sound like anything made out of a comic....roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yes. wink

Regret
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
we have Marvels Xmen scaring the crap out of them with Homo sapien rejection.

Now you know why I don't tell people about my powers wink watch out, here we come furious

Oh crap...says they have/had a cure eek! ...rofl

Darth Revan
To clear the whole mutant thing up: albinos and whatnot are not the only "mutants" in the human race. We're ALL mutants. Every organism on earth is the result of a series of genetic mutations. You really need to pay more attention in biology class.

sparkzyz
Originally posted by AOR
I find much of this clearly brain candy, than actual truths. However just because the skeptic mind finds it hard to believe, doesn't mean we should throw away the idea entirely.

You seem to believe that the world would be all fine and dandy if all of a sudden science were to prove a certain "mutant gene" that allows the user the ability to warp reality. X-men, as fictional as it may be, shows a society that isn't far different then our own. Even the government, for both the safety and well being of the general public, would never publicise the discovery of a "tested gifted" person until they were positive that both the test subject and the people were safe. Even then, they would still be hesitant.

You say it's hard to prove a mutant ability, yet you disclaim the thought of use using (and it's actually 15% not 5) no more than 15% of our brains. Your very much correct in saying that we don't have the technology now to measure the brains activity. Where science is getting close, we aren't anywhere close yet. Which is what supports the theory. Science, which is completely dependant on the mind set of humans, can not even explain a thought. What is evident to science is existent, and what is not, isn't. However, just because we don't have the means to measure the brains activity, doesn't mean we know the brains activities. You disagree with the thought of 15% or 5%, so lets say we use 80%. Now 50 years, 100 years, a MILENIA later we come up with a device that measures the brain activity, and infact it is 15%. Does that mean that the brain activity is only 15% now? No, it's always been 15%. Just like you can't say (not you personally) "Mutant powers don't exsist because we don't have a means of testing them."

However you must know that my views of this are completely unbiased, and my ealier post was to help Vladarion. I believe that people are gifted, and there will come an age where we may be able to manipulate the physcial matter around us to fit our wishes. Whether it be the complete control of metal, or the increasing of molecular movement in a given place with a set direction of atoms (heat vision). Therefore I am patient and open to the possibility, but not a fanatic to immidiatly jump the band wagon...

qqq123
hello people my name is sergeant major guevara of the united states mutant special forces mutant do exist i no this becouse i am one i specialize in mind controlling an tracking i am a u.s.m.s.f you see mutant powers or as i call it special abilitys are simple..people are bing born with three arms two head now theres the mutant you dont see in tv the one that looks like any other human out ther like me i look like any other human wen i was 11 i gat pickd on by another kid at school he pickd on me an sometimes pushd me into the floor but i had never fight back one day i dont no wat wen to my head but i disided to fight an when he came to me an tride to push me i push him an he punsh the lights out of me an i thout of just stop him before his fist hit me agoin my body gat shills an i look at his arm an it was going slow motion tords me an i freakd out i ges i gat stronger an with out touching him i slamd him to the wall an broke his arm i didnt no wat had happen i was confuse the police talk to me i sed i dont know wat happen i didnt at first one day wen i was 16 in my room i wake up an i was in the air an i freakd out an i fell hard on to the bed so i ges i understood i try to pick up cups books but nothing happen one day i was in my room an i was tring breaking my head tring and tring my mom walk in i ges i gat scard an the cup slamd onto the wall she thot i throw it then i under stood that i neaded something that can scard me or at least a thot so i started to move small object..now i can move building any thing you see ones you no it dosnt waight you can move any thing an now i can see wat you see throw your mine i can make you do thing see them an more i joing the us marine an my superviser kept a clouse eye on me he knew i was a mutant becouse he was one to an he talk to me an i dinided at first i mean i dont want people to know that i can control them that would freak people out an get scard of me of wat i could do to them i personally dont like talking about it but i think its time for people to start knowing the truth people that are gifted by nature an are here to protect the united states i know people that can make sunamis kill another human by just looking at them people that can change time stop time peolple that can control the weather most people think they maylike mutants but wen they know we exist would they like us would you like to live with someone that can throw a car truck at you if they get mad just by looking at it but most of us are good an thous who are not are in the famas area 51 yes the bigest mistary area 51 is a military jail for uncontrold mutants you see i told you most of it i hope you do good with wat i just told you an please dont try to fine me becouse you can get me introble we are just a movie nothing else were not real or so dose the united states want you to think

Alliance
WHOA. Can you sue thet mutant strenght to push apart sentences and put little periods inbetween? AND THEN! You can push paragraphs apart!

SP90
We actually use the whole brain, only not at once.

qqq123
thats true

Akira99
I doubt there are mutants out there very much. I could probably believe that there are some humans who have some terrible diseases e.g. the Elephant man - for some reason I can imagine that being real as the human reaction towards him
As much as I would fancy the idea of a government secrety creating super mutants e.g. diclonius in Elfen Lied or X-men or psychics it seems a bit out of reach and if any had any kind of threat they would be wiped out pronto. But who knows maybe some country in this world who are planning to take over the world may have some horrific mutant breeding facility on some remote uninhabitied island

xmarksthespot
huh How is this philosophy related?

Alliance
Becuase its a sad day when people think "mutants" mean X-men.

IceDragon
Originally posted by AOR

Hehe, that Nina Kulagina one just made me think of the movie, "The Frightners" laughing

Pandemoniac
Crap, at times I think I'm a mutant myself, managing to survive what I expose my body to on some weekends...

Jury
Scientifically speaking, mutants exist and mutation does happen.

gambit12 mon ami

Jury
Examples of Mutants:
http://underwatertimes.com/news2/blue_lobster.jpg

http://www.chelydra.org/albino18.jpg

http://www.sarahleen.com/contents/images/image-cgi/among/5.Albino.jpg

http://www.gagreport.com/Funny_Pictures/Twisted%20Animals%20Album/thumbnails/mutant_dog_jpg.jpg

smile

cking
scary mutants.fear

Trojan Man
Originally posted by qqq123
hello people my name is sergeant major guevara of the united states mutant special forces mutant do exist i no this becouse i am one i specialize in mind controlling an tracking i am a u.s.m.s.f you see mutant powers or as i call it special abilitys are simple..people are bing born with three arms two head now theres the mutant you dont see in tv the one that looks like any other human out ther like me i look like any other human wen i was 11 i gat pickd on by another kid at school he pickd on me an sometimes pushd me into the floor but i had never fight back one day i dont no wat wen to my head but i disided to fight an when he came to me an tride to push me i push him an he punsh the lights out of me an i thout of just stop him before his fist hit me agoin my body gat shills an i look at his arm an it was going slow motion tords me an i freakd out i ges i gat stronger an with out touching him i slamd him to the wall an broke his arm i didnt no wat had happen i was confuse the police talk to me i sed i dont know wat happen i didnt at first one day wen i was 16 in my room i wake up an i was in the air an i freakd out an i fell hard on to the bed so i ges i understood i try to pick up cups books but nothing happen one day i was in my room an i was tring breaking my head tring and tring my mom walk in i ges i gat scard an the cup slamd onto the wall she thot i throw it then i under stood that i neaded something that can scard me or at least a thot so i started to move small object..now i can move building any thing you see ones you no it dosnt waight you can move any thing an now i can see wat you see throw your mine i can make you do thing see them an more i joing the us marine an my superviser kept a clouse eye on me he knew i was a mutant becouse he was one to an he talk to me an i dinided at first i mean i dont want people to know that i can control them that would freak people out an get scard of me of wat i could do to them i personally dont like talking about it but i think its time for people to start knowing the truth people that are gifted by nature an are here to protect the united states i know people that can make sunamis kill another human by just looking at them people that can change time stop time peolple that can control the weather most people think they maylike mutants but wen they know we exist would they like us would you like to live with someone that can throw a car truck at you if they get mad just by looking at it but most of us are good an thous who are not are in the famas area 51 yes the bigest mistary area 51 is a military jail for uncontrold mutants you see i told you most of it i hope you do good with wat i just told you an please dont try to fine me becouse you can get me introble we are just a movie nothing else were not real or so dose the united states want you to think

xD.
I think you have seen to much X-Men, Sergeant Guevara.

sexyking
Originally posted by AOR

laughing out loud I was really paying attention still i got the uri geller part .

LordFear
I don't know much about the subject as respect to previous scientific data, but I do know that a book is out concerning whether or not someone like Bruce Banner could actually turn into the Hulk. The conclusive evidence is that scientifically as well as medically it is IMPOSSIBLE!!!!Now Hulk is not a mutant but he did undergoe a dramatic genetic transformation

Nogoodnamesleft
Yes, they are. They live in the sewers.

Madman_V3N0M
Awwww c'mon! Marvel mutants? Well some like Beast, Logan or even Spider-Man might be possible but very unlikely. Mutants do exist, and there are lots of em, people with hair all over, people with extra somethings(limbs, eyes, organs etc.), people with really strong or weak muscles or bones etc.(you can see em all over, watch some Explorer or Discovery and you'll see em). But most mutations like laser eyes, shape shifting and stuff like that are impossible(or maybe a 1 in a bilion chance that it might be possible).
As for telekinessis and similar powers, I think are actually quite possible, too many claims for them not to be(I myself had mild magnetic "powers" when I was a kid, small metal things would stick to me). An all that bullshit about using 10% or 15% or 5%(has changed over the years apparently) of our brain is totally false, ~half of our brain is dedicated to the senses and emotions and stuff and the other half to memory, and the latter is the one that is used only in a small amount, kuz well we have to have room where to put all owr memoryes, also considering that most of our neurons die during the course of our lifetime.
Thanks for reading... The Endsmile

MistressofSnape
Originally posted by qqq123

In which we find that true mutants are too busy controlling their powers to go to grammar school.

bpeace1
Do any of you people wonder if your friends are mutants or family.I wonder if i ask would they think im crazy.I think mutants walk the earth but not like x-men or avengers.I don't have proof but I wold lie to know.Also I want shape shifting powers.

inimalist
Originally posted by King of Blades
And I doubt we use the majority of our brains.

ugh, its like the past was only made such that it would produce a facepalm from me years later...

King Castle
yes, to mutants.

random mutants in various individuals across the globe happen it's just majority of them are very harmful.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/06_01/ginger2NNP0106_468x320.jpg
hair and skin pigmentation is a result of a genetic mutation.

http://www.endevil.com/images/George_Bush.jpg
added or missing chromosome not sure yet..mhmm

RE: Blaxican
Why is this in the ****ing philosophy section?

inimalist
because most people have no background in philosophy and think it means "any random question I might have"

though this one might fit, if barely, into natural philosophy... but that is a stretch

ADarksideJedi
I think they are just fairly tales.

0mega Spawn
they're are people who's skin can power light bulbs so yea

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Vladarion
mutations occur naturally as two parents with different genetic codes create an amalgam of sorts.

physical/genetic abnormalities from the norm are just extremes of this, but not the least bit unnatural.

as for comic mutations sort of being represented in the real world, i can remember a few: aquatic, mermaid mutation sirenomelia is a sort of abdominal fusion that renders the individual with a single "whale/dolphin/seal tail", among other life threatening organ abnormalities; the rapid bone growth of the x-men mutant called "marrow", Osteogenesis. muscle tissues rapidly convert into bone instead of new, additional muscle fibers locking the body into a bony statue....i can't think of more atm big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.