First Pictures of Eddie Brock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheOnes2
I think he's confirmed alright big grinbig grinbig grinbig grin!

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/1251/sp3cd65yb.jpg

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/3057/sp3cd76hb.jpg

Xam
YUHHH,i knew venom was in...well eddie at least

doctorstrongbad
Yeah I think they will show venom at the very end, leading into part 4.

DBZ MAN
Tobey won't be in 4 will he...or kirstin. This is a genuine question btw.

Sparkz
Originally posted by DBZ MAN
Tobey won't be in 4 will he...or kirstin. This is a genuine question btw.

I think they signed on for 5 movies while sam raimi only signed up for 3...either that or they all leave after 3.

Yarr
oh god, horrible.

thats not Eddie Brock at all.

One thing is for sure, Im more horrifide looking at this than any picture ive ever seen of Venom in the comis ;p

DBZ MAN
Pff I have no problem with this Eddie.

Yarr
With a name like "DBZ MAN" I doubt you would.

Jimmy Buggs
eddie is the man im glad the changed him to be more of an equal in age and appearance to peter parker then some mid life , muscle head d*uche he was in the comics

DBZ MAN
Originally posted by Yarr
With a name like "DBZ MAN" I doubt you would.
'Yarr' speaks for itself too; Simple and Pointless.
Sounds abit like you. stick out tongue

chucktaylor
He looks satisfying.

But I'm still not satisfied.

Spideys Sister
WTF. I've watched enough That 70's Show. THAT doesn't look like Topher. It's amazing what a bottle of hair dye can do huh? wink Seriously, he looks a little weird there.

Altar[1stONE]
They are probably going for that perfect rival feel. Someone who is like peters/spidermans duplicate , only evil .

H. S. 6
Pretty cool. Too bad it still doesn't confirm Venom.

'Yarr' speaks for itself too; Simple and Pointless.
Sounds abit like you. stick out tongue

Owned.

crazy
Im with dbz man, he looks fine to me.

Superman_045
He looks okay to me too.

NiņoArņia
looks pretty good...muscle man approach wouldnt hav been 2 smart...ur rite JB

Dan-El
I think he looks just fine. I like how they draw a parallel between Eddie and Peter.
But this guy might not be Eddie at all... I'm still not ready to through out the idea that Gracie might be playing Ned Leeds in the movie.

Sam Z
YAY! Eddie! Topher looks fine as him, no really. I think Venom will appear at the end and die pretty fast sad

DBZ MAN
That would suck if it did. But yeah I guess we just have to see the movie to know for sure.

Dan-El
Not going to happen. The company knows they have the potential for a fourth film, and with Sandman being the villain in 3, we'll probably see Venom as the feature villain in 4.

Why does it seem that everyone is forgetting Sandman?

DBZ MAN
Their not. It's just he's not much to talk about laughing
I'm sure he will be though when we see him in action.

Superman_045
Yeah, I actually think he's a good villain. I also want to see what Harry's going to do as the GG2. The movie should be very exciting.

LiL nAstY GirL
Wow... that guy looks pretty cute

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Dan-El
Not going to happen. The company knows they have the potential for a fourth film, and with Sandman being the villain in 3, we'll probably see Venom as the feature villain in 4.

Why does it seem that everyone is forgetting Sandman? Cause sandman is gay. nuff said. Beach boy needs a new day job.

Jimmy Buggs
the lizard would be better then venom and sandman put together. Lizard will be here one day!

Dan-El
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
Cause sandman is gay. nuff said. Beach boy needs a new day job.

Show some respect. Sandman is one of the originals. Amazing Spider-Man #4, circa 1963. Founding member of the Sinister Six. You don't f.uck with someone that knows Spidey that well, whether physically or just talking with him.
What some writers have done to Marko (no, not William Baker, Flint Marko bitches!) is a travesty, and I can see how that may influence your idea about him, but do NOT underestimate ol' Sandy.

Xam
Show some respect. Sandman is one of the originals. Amazing Spider-Man #4, circa 1963. Founding member of the Sinister Six. You don't f.uck with someone that knows Spidey that well, whether physically or just talking with him.
What some writers have done to Marko (no, not William Baker, Flint Marko bitches!) is a travesty, and I can see how that may influence your idea about him, but do NOT underestimate ol' Sandy.

EFFIN RIGHT MAN...im tired of hearing everyone complaining bout sandman,hes the sickest villain ever!

DBZ MAN
I wonder if the Sandman in this film will rub 2 brain cells together this time.

Sam Z

Why does it seem that everyone is forgetting Sandman?

Nobody is forgetting him but it seemes to me that there wont be movie 4. So all three villians would have to appear and die during Spider-man3one movie...

Spideys Sister
What some writers have done to Marko (no, not William Baker, Flint Marko bitches!) is a travesty, and I can see how that may influence your idea about him, but do NOT underestimate ol' Sandy. Okay. I'm just saying. Look at what they did to GG in the movies. Doc Ock wasn't so bad but think about what they could do to sandy CGIs.

Dan-El
There are no absolute talks, but the movie would suck, yes, SUCK, if they overloaded it with villains. Plus it was leaked that one character becomes a villain at the end, meaning he's not a villain until the tail end of the movie. Not during the falling action, but the resolution. And what character in the Spider-Man cartoon became a villain at the very end of one of the story archs?

Long story short: Peter ditches black costume, Harry dies saving Pete and/or MJ from the Sandman, Pete and MJ attend the funeral. Eddie Brock (who plays his own part in the story) is fired by JJ from his job hounding Peter (after he "stole" MJ from JJ's son, John), and is feeling mighty pissed/depressed. Then, the suit gets him. They merge, but we never see what Venom looks like. That's where the fourth movie comes in.

G a n n o n
He looks ok. I would prefer him a little bigger...

Im thinking they will introduce Eddie in 3 and it will end in a cliffhanger for Venom in 4.

That would be perfect.

Silverstein
he is not eddie brock, he is not bulked enough, they are untrue to its source. thats like, more wrong than a 6ft wolverine. mad

NoFate007
Most likely the film will have normal Eddie Brock throughout the full thing, and at the end Peter will abandon the symbiote and Brock will seem to be "eaten alive" by it or whatever. Then SM4 will be about Venom, and possibly another villain that is kind of small like Rhino or Shocker or something. Hopefully then, if they do that for 4, they'll have a film that includes Carnage later on, and one that has Electro and Lizard and Scorpion and all the other cool ones. I'd hate to see Sandman get a shot in a movie and not Electro lol.

chucktaylor
Agreed. Electro rocks!!!

Yarr
oh come on.

How can people actually think he looks like Eddie brock. I use to think this forum had real spider-man fans.

I could touch my finger to my thumb around his forarm. Im pretty sure that in a fight I could kick his ass.

Once again hollywood has ruined another comic book franchise.

Doc Ock
I don't think he looks like Eddie Brock.Never have.

I look at him and I see Max Dillon aka Electro.But sadly we're not getting the god of electricity.We're getting some sort of evil twin Venom, played by a guy who looks like a gust of wind would knock him over.

DBZ MAN
Give it a rest guys. I know he doesn't look like much and I love comic books but it's not gna ruin my enjoyment of the film. You know why? Because this is a comic book ADAPTATION. It's not gunna mirror the comic books EXACTLY. Just like the Ultimate universe is different to the 616. The movies will always have a different feeling to them. Don't piss on people who are making this movie for us to enjoy watching. (And yes I know most of it is for money but what isn't?).
I for one don't care that he's not Mr. Universe with a short orange hair cut. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jimmy Buggs
maybe it will be like a bruce banner X hulk. and when the sym goes into action the cgi will make him look huge as venom. Imo not to upset with them being peers IMO its a good adjustment. I just wanted to see the lizard. Spidey 4 is a guarantee, there is no rule about only having trilogy's.

Dan-El
What they're going for is a parallel, people. Peter Parker and Eddie Brock can be a lot alike if you think about it. Both have tragedies in their lives, both have similar jobs, so it kind of works to reimagine that Eddie is kind of built like Peter. Both are very similar, but one chooses to deal with his problems differently than the other.

Dan-El
oh come on.

How can people actually think he looks like Eddie brock. I use to think this forum had real spider-man fans.

I could touch my finger to my thumb around his forarm. Im pretty sure that in a fight I could kick his ass.

Once again hollywood has ruined another comic book franchise.
Don't knock our Spider-Man fandom. You have to look outside the box, you insipid whiny brat. Eddie Brock's life and characterization has been retconned too many times to count. So what if there's another SLIGHT difference here?! Who cares?! As long as the acting is good, and the dialogue and story are good, then I'm happy. You should be too. If you're not, then you can go ahead and cry into your back-issues of Venom: Lethal Protector and wonder why they killed off all the other symbiotes.
They shouldn't let you kids on this site.

Silverstein
topher grace can play eddie brock in the movie, it may be mediocre, and he looks nothing like the character, but theres nothing we can do about it. its like war in iraq, theres nothing we can do to stop it...

DBZ MAN
Don't knock our Spider-Man fandom. You have to look outside the box, you insipid whiny brat. Eddie Brock's life and characterization has been retconned too many times to count. So what if there's another SLIGHT difference here?! Who cares?! As long as the acting is good, and the dialogue and story are good, then I'm happy. You should be too. If you're not, then you can go ahead and cry into your back-issues of Venom: Lethal Protector and wonder why they killed off all the other symbiotes.
They shouldn't let you kids on this site.
Well saidhttp://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/clap.gif

SpyCspider
Originally posted by Silverstein
topher grace can play eddie brock in the movie, it may be mediocre, and he looks nothing like the character, but theres nothing we can do about it. its like war in iraq, theres nothing we can do to stop it...

laughing yea, exactly like that.

Reminds me of this wise saying: "If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let 'em go, because, man, they're gone..."

SnakeEyes
Topher Grace as Eddie Brock sick

Jimmy Buggs
what a bunch of cry babies. I dont even like venom to start with. He is a better wolvie or ghost rider villian then a spidey one.

DBZ MAN
yes......which makes sense because he looks similar to Spider-man huh

spencerspider
I'm happy with it, I mean these are the movies and they can vary from the comics. I've always believed that you can't stay perfectly true to the comics all the time or it wont be as good. No 2 vs 2 big fight happened with Sandman and Venom vs Spiderman and Harry (GG2). It will be awesome to see.

Yarr

DBZ MAN
Just because you havn't seen him a play a different style too his geeky counter parts doesn't mean he can't. It's called 'Acting'roll eyes (sarcastic) . Alfred Molina did a pretty good Doc Ock and I've never seen him be a maniacle super villain before.

Yarr
No but you probably didnt know who he was before you saw the movie right?

If you had seen him all the time playing a dancing monkey things would be different.

I wont rule out the idea that Topher could pull it off. However, Im saying that its a big risk to take just to have another star name in the cast list.

Edit: Id also like to add that you did not give a valid reason to "why" he can play the role. I mean really I can 'act' like Eddie Brock too, doesnt mean people are going to believe me, but hey that's why the call it "acting" right...

DBZ MAN
I have seen Topher in 'The 70's show' but thats about it. And for an actor whose being paid as much as he is
I'm sure he can find some insencive. Plus Raimi chose him for a reason. Have you considored that their not going to EXACTLY portray Eddie as he is in the comics? Because it will become alot clearer when we see the movie. Make proper judgment and have faith in your fellow man until then.

DBZ MAN
*Sorry, wasn't supposed to press submit twice, my bad*

Yarr
I have seen Topher in 'The 70's show' but thats about it. And for an actor whose being paid as much as he is
I'm sure he can find some insencive. Plus Raimi chose him for a reason. Have you considored that their not going to EXACTLY portray Eddie as he is in the comics? Because it will become alot clearer when we see the movie. Make proper judgment and have faith in your fellow man until then.

Youre dodging the question and showing your age.

1) You have no idea how much he makes per movie do you? Hes a big name because of his role in That 70s Show, not because of the money he makes or his great acting.

2) You honestly want me to believe that you have never seen him in that role as Eric Forman?

I never said they couldnt change the character a bit. I even said that theres a chance his acting could pull it off. However making him an "evil parker" is totally different. Comic characters have to be changed somewhat on the big screen. You just cant do an exact comic emulation, but they are changing things for the wrong reasons. The changes being made to eddie are to adapt the character to the style of Topher Grace rather than making it about Eddie.

You have no valid points, so do what you do best and just wait for someone to say something smart and you can just quote them and add your stupid and imature "YEAH!" to the end.

DBZ MAN

Yarr
My question was WHY is topher going to be a good eddie brock.

DBZ MAN
Well we don't know how yet. We'll find out when SM 3 comes out wink

spencerspider

why becuz now I see he will just be the bad Peter. Opposite of Spiderman. If Peter was bad this is what he would be. That is what they are going to show him as which is fine with me I like Harry's story better anyway. He will be Venom and he will fight Spiderman being about the same size as he is and die.

Dan-El

Well, everyone's question when Spider-Man 1 came out was "Why is Tobey Maguire going to be a good Peter Parker?". People were as pissed about Tobey playing Spidey as they are about Topher playing Eddie. It's interesting to watch history repeat itself.

I have no solid evidence that Gracie will play an excellent Eddie Brock. All I have to go on is Raimi's choices for previous roles. No one was sure about Tobey, and he blew us away for the most part (there are still some nay-sayers out there wink ). Alfred Molina had roles in dramas mainly, such as Identity or The Perez Family, but pulled off the role of Doc Ock with flying colors (though I did miss the German accent from the cartoon, lol). Of course, Thomas Haden Church as Sandman was the biggest shock recently! How could "Lowell" from the TV show Wings be the Sandman? It's crazy! He's too skinny! His face is too narrow! Well, check out that pic of him standing in traffic, and you'll think that Sandman just jumped out of the comic and into reality.

There is no hard evidence that Topher Gracie will be a convincing Eddie Brock, but based on Raimi's previous decisions, I'm going to hold my faith until after I see the movie. If he does a horrible job, then I'll knock the film until the cows come home. However, if he does a good job portraying his character, then you owe me $50 stick out tongue

chucktaylor
Everyone is arguing... messed

WITHOUT ME?!?!!??!?!? big grin

spencerspider
$50? why not be a man and bet $100?

Drache53

Dan-El
Originally posted by Drache53
Here's my point: John Travolta starred in Saturday Nigh Fever and Grease... Then he was barely heard from until Pulp Fiction. And get this... He played a bad guy!! eek!
Actually, Travolta has been in a good amount of films/shows. He was in Welcome Back Kotter as Vinnie Barbarino, The Tenth Level, Carrie, etc.
All in all, he's been in around 56 productions. Thank God for IMDb stick out tongue

Drache53
But not BIG films/shows. Not stuff that made people say: "Did you see that John Travolta movie?!"

DBZ MAN
Grease
Swordfish
Ladder 49
Be Cool
Face/Off ? huh Those seem pretty big to me

Drache53
4/5 of those are AFTER Pulp Fiction. Please read my post to understand my point.

systemshock2
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e357/williamdefalco/sp3cd76hb.jpg

He looks good. It looks like Raimi is going after the Ultimate Eddie Brock look instead of the regular one. I like this. They're obviously making Eddie the perfect parallel to Tobey. I like this too. And to further it I honestly don't think that when Venom comes out in his full glory he'll be a Juggernaut size monster. IMO he's going to stay the same toned size as Topher, only with the veins and whatnot.

Spideys Sister
Let's just hope he doesn't die like juggs did. Juggs died like a *****... Ran into a wall and died. laughing out loud

Doc Ock
Ummm I don't think Juggs died.He just got knocked out.

Dan-El
Yeah, he didn't die. He was wearing a helmet!

And he didn't die when Phoenix blew up the building either! Don't you know who he is? lol

DBZ MAN
Let's just hope he doesn't die like juggs did. Juggs died like a *****... Ran into a wall and died. laughing out loud
Yeah I don't think that counts as dying in Hollywood movies laughing

badsymbiote
Thanks for the links and info, TheOnes.

I always thought that USM's storylines would be highly adaptable into the films, though I'm not sure how I feel about it as it exists and conflicts with Marvel's traditional universe. I guess Grace does more closely resemble USM's Brock, but still lacks at least 50 or 60 pounds of muscle mass...

And I'm guessing that there has to be something about Topher Grace that was impressive enough to re-cast the role of Brock. Though he certainly looked the part, I guess the uncredited actor R.C. Everbeck (from the first move) wasn't what they were looking for.

I will try my best to reserve judgement, but it's gonna be tough. But I'm just not looking forward to seeing Venom in a movie nearly as much as I was a couple of years ago.

All I wanted was for them to do it right. sad

Doc Ock
Not to mention there's now FOUR villains in SM-3.

Holy crammed movie Batman,someone is going to lose out on screen time.Actually I reckon a few characters will suffer.

Silverstein
theres nothing special about Topher Grace, if there was, he'd be in a lot more movies, than just Tad Hamilton's Date, and Good Company...lol

this movie will be more crammed than X3

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Silverstein
theres nothing special about Topher Grace, if there was, he'd be in a lot more movies, than just Tad Hamilton's Date, and Good Company...lol

this movie will be more crammed than X3

He was good as the prepschool drug addict in Traffic, too.

NiņoArņia

And he didn't die when Phoenix blew up the building either! Don't you know who he is? lol

eek! ::screams:: heres my chance

::clears throat::

HE'S THE JUGGARNAUT *****!!!

laughing laughing laughing Happy Dance

Edit: and IMO, nothing can be more crammed then X3

Yarr
Here's my point: John Travolta starred in Saturday Nigh Fever and Grease... Then he was barely heard from until Pulp Fiction. And get this... He played a bad guy!! eek!

And your main point is that an actor (whose job is to play many different roles) who has only been on a tv show and about 2 movies, who hasn't had a bloody chance to play anything else; probably won't be able to pull off a villain? Wow...

John Travolta was never type casted. John Travolta never had to go from playing a skiny nerdy high school kid to someone like Eddie Brock. You can't really look at it the same way. I see what your saying.

My problem here is people are going to see "Topher Grace" first and the character of Eddie Brock after that. People are going to prejudge the character and assume if Topher is playing it, its going to be specific type of character.

Of course (as it has been said by myself and others) he wouldnt be SO bad as Ultimate Eddie Brock.

Dan-El
John Travolta was never type casted. John Travolta never had to go from playing a skiny nerdy high school kid to someone like Eddie Brock. You can't really look at it the same way. I see what your saying.

My problem here is people are going to see "Topher Grace" first and the character of Eddie Brock after that. People are going to prejudge the character and assume if Topher is playing it, its going to be specific type of character.

Of course (as it has been said by myself and others) he wouldnt be SO bad as Ultimate Eddie Brock.

I'm sure Raimi sees something in him.

Oh, and I am BEYOND positive that 4 villains mean Harry, Sandman, Eddie (pre-Venomized *copyrighted term, lol*), and 1 short cameo (I speculate either Scorpion or Shocker, leaning more towards the latter).

Oh, and Nino? YOU ROCK!!! big grin

Spideys Sister

And he didn't die when Phoenix blew up the building either! Don't you know who he is? lol I'm gonna see the movie tonight. I'm getting this info from a friend.

She said, he sreamed :" Do you know who I am?! I'm the Juggernut, Bi*ch." He runs and while he's vunerable he runs into a wall before he could stop himself and died due to the head injurie.

I'm not saying that's what happened that's just what I heard.

But back to Tophy and Eddie...

Dan-El
I'm gonna see the movie tonight. I'm getting this info from a friend.

She said, he sreamed :" Do you know who I am?! I'm the Juggernut, Bi*ch." He runs and while he's vunerable he runs into a wall before he could stop himself and died due to the head injurie.

I'm not saying that's what happened that's just what I heard.

But back to Tophy and Eddie...
Friend is... well... how can I put this politely? "Misinformed" is good.

Silverstein
people assume jugs died cuz he hit a wall...people assume most of the main x characters died. but no. we might see some die, but no, just like Doc Ock, we see him sink to the bottom of the river, yet, he is still alive. like what raimi said wink

Dan-El
I doubt that Ockie is alive, though it would be cool

Drache53
Quite interesting...

I read the book for the movie (SM2) and it pretty much says that he died... But hey, the book could be misinformed.

chucktaylor
I doubt they'll bring back an old villain.

Unless they dare to do teh Sinister Six arc.

Inhuman
dont know if its been posted before...
htp://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b240/VoltronForce/SM3Venom.jpg

(add a t to htp) wink

Drache53
I myself doubt they'll bring back Ock in the movies... But you never know.

Doc Ock
Ock is so coming back wink

Drache53
hahaha That's one believer... Anyone else?

Dan-El
Did anyone click that Venom link? That shot is ****ing creepy!

Doc Ock
What link??

Inhuman
Originally posted by Inhuman

(add a t to htp) wink

this one smile

Drache53
Eh, I've seen it before, it's not creepy...

StinkFist462
it's not real either.

Drache53
Naturally... Sony wouldn't let anything like that slip... lol

systemshock2
Originally posted by Inhuman

(add a t to htp) wink

It looks cool but it's been proven to be a fake. I saw it a while ago at the aintitcool webiste. Somebody with some pretty good talent apparently took a shot of the Alien from AVP and morphed it with another shot of from the movie Spawn, then added in their own details on top of that. That pic is actually part of a fake fan trailer for SM3, one that uses lots of good shots from the Mummy for the Sandman, and Spawn for Venom's morphing ability. I wish I had the link but it was taken down from the aintitcool site after it was proven to be a fake.

Inhuman
Originally posted by systemshock2
It looks cool but it's been proven to be a fake. I saw it a while ago at the aintitcool webiste. Somebody with some pretty good talent apparently took a shot of the Alien from AVP and morphed it with another shot of from the movie Spawn, then added in their own details on top of that. That pic is actually part of a fake fan trailer for SM3, one that uses lots of good shots from the Mummy for the Sandman, and Spawn for Venom's morphing ability. I wish I had the link but it was taken down from the aintitcool site after it was proven to be a fake.

damn. It lookes real good though sad

Dan-El
I thought so to. The trailer was a little bleh, but that one shot I liked.

Spideys Sister
Naturally... Sony wouldn't let anything like that slip... lol D I love your new sig. Rocks out loud. Did you draw it your self?

Drache53
No (I wish), I found the Spider-Man while searching for black and white Spidey pics (it was an entire shot of Spidey crouching). I did the rest myself...

The pic of Spidey is by some guy named Steve Rolston (I credited him in the sig) he was drawing some concept art for Spectacular Spider-Man.

Spideys Sister
It looks like the movie version. Still hot.

Evil SeeD
If you all woulda listened to me in the very beginning and not laughed.. these Eddie Brock wouldn't be a shock to those who think Eddie looks horrible.

They are doing the mirror image evil........ They are ganna make it the ultimate villain.. Peter Parker fighting himself........... An Evil Self.... A self that went wrong... A self that was never meant to be... stick out tongue
I didn't make my sig. for no purpose... I knew it was coming.....

chucktaylor
Uh...ok...

Evil SeeD
Originally posted by chucktaylor
Uh...ok...

Did that confuse you or something..?? confused

Inhuman
this one looks real stupidly fake smile

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/news/spider-man-3/VenomAndSpidey.jpg

I hope Venom doesnt look like that in the movie.

This version (although fake) looks tons better

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b240/VoltronForce/SM3Venom.jpg

chucktaylor
Nah its just that "I made this sig for a purpose" and all that $#!+. Hahahahaha!

It kinda made me laugh inside my head with obscurity.

Dan-El
Maybe we could stop persecuting (hope it's spelt right) Topher Gracie as Eddie Brock until AFTER the movie comes out? How bout it? I mean, you have absolutely no evidence that he will suck, except for the fact that your feelings are hurt.

Oh boo hoo, Eddie doesn't look like he does in the comics or the cartoon. I say get over it. Revamps and retcons are part of comic society. If you're not used to it by now, then I say put your stock in something else completely. Like pogs!

Drache53
Amen brother! Why can't people just accept it and not complain until AFTER they've seen his performance?

Oh yeah, and...

It looks like the movie version. Still hot.

Thank you bunches. I didn't know how this sig would go over with people, but I figured SOMEBODY would take a liking to it. Your sig's pretty cool as well BTW...

Yarr
Maybe we could stop persecuting (hope it's spelt right) Topher Gracie as Eddie Brock until AFTER the movie comes out? How bout it? I mean, you have absolutely no evidence that he will suck, except for the fact that your feelings are hurt.

Oh boo hoo, Eddie doesn't look like he does in the comics or the cartoon. I say get over it. Revamps and retcons are part of comic society. If you're not used to it by now, then I say put your stock in something else completely. Like pogs!

This isnt a retconn though. This is some studio exect going "Hey you know whos big right now and could play an evil spider-man? TOPHER GRACE! He looks like like Spider-man and we could make him the evil spider-man that the kids call Venom!"

I should be more specific here too. The trick in acting is being able to fool your audience and make them believe you are your character. This is the very reason you dont see too many TV Actors from very sucessfull shows doing well in the movies or other TV shows. Look at the cast from shows like Friends, Seinfeld and so on. Once an actor plays the part of one character for 5+ years the general public will always see them as that character. Its one of the reasons actors dont like to do TV.

My fear is that the general public (the people who like the Spider-Man movies, but dont know much about the comics) is going to see previews for this movie and not really understand just who this character is. People will assume Eddie Brock is just like Eric Forman. Some will do it on a conscious level and some on an unconscious level.

Dont get me wrong, its not going to make or break the movie in the big picture. Its just one of those things that takes away from it as a true fan.

I hate to ramble like this, but really, at the end of the day we have to live with this new Eddie Brock created by clueless hollywood executives who dont care about the actual story or history of spider-man. They only care about much money the movie will make.

I can live with organic spider webing and other subtle changes made to "dumb it down" for the general public, but when specific changes are made to characters so that they can cast big name stars... thats where I draw the line. While it might not kill the movie, its the intentions that drive me mad.

Evil SeeD
Originally posted by chucktaylor
Nah its just that "I made this sig for a purpose" and all that $#!+. Hahahahaha!

It kinda made me laugh inside my head with obscurity.

Actually that is exactly the case.. I did make it because of that reason.. (Eddie Brock) (Venom)

You may laugh all you want.. but it's original, and noone has done anything like it...

I'm glad your sig. Represents something original....

laughing

Oh wait... it doesn't.....

willRules

Sandman was one of the original members of the six, granted but Dock Ock organised the sinister six. big grin

Sea King
that makes eddiy look stupid i mean he should be bigger i say that sucks

Swanky-Tuna
This is some studio exect going "Hey you know whos big right now and could play an evil spider-man? TOPHER GRACE! He looks like like Spider-man and we could make him the evil spider-man that the kids call Venom!"
Big right now? I think you're confusing "right now" with four years ago.

Dan-El
This isnt a retconn though. This is some studio exect going "Hey you know whos big right now and could play an evil spider-man? TOPHER GRACE! He looks like like Spider-man and we could make him the evil spider-man that the kids call Venom!"

I should be more specific here too. The trick in acting is being able to fool your audience and make them believe you are your character. This is the very reason you dont see too many TV Actors from very sucessfull shows doing well in the movies or other TV shows. Look at the cast from shows like Friends, Seinfeld and so on. Once an actor plays the part of one character for 5+ years the general public will always see them as that character. Its one of the reasons actors dont like to do TV.

My fear is that the general public (the people who like the Spider-Man movies, but dont know much about the comics) is going to see previews for this movie and not really understand just who this character is. People will assume Eddie Brock is just like Eric Forman. Some will do it on a conscious level and some on an unconscious level.

I hear ya, but I believe that the audience is way smarter than that. Plus the trailers will give you some insight into the kind of character each actor plays, whether through dialogue, mood, or body language. Once people see the previews for SM 3, they'll understand that Gracie is not playing a comical dweeb, and that Eddie Brock is nothing like Eric Forman.

Dan-El
Originally posted by Sea King
that makes eddiy look stupid i mean he should be bigger i say that sucks

Yeah, let's take you seriously. I mean, your spelling and grammar are atrocious, but you're an AQUAMAN fan! You MUST know what's good!

chucktaylor
Originally posted by Evil SeeD
Actually that is exactly the case.. I did make it because of that reason.. (Eddie Brock) (Venom)

You may laugh all you want.. but it's original, and noone has done anything like it...

I'm glad your sig. Represents something original....

laughing

Oh wait... it doesn't.....

Whatever dude...glare

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.