Laptop battery problems

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lana
Okay, so I use my laptop for my main computer as my PC's a piece of crap. I always run my laptop while it's plugged in because and RARELY have it running off battery power, so the battery's always fully charged.

However, today I was on it and suddenly it starts beeping at me...I go to see what's up and discover that it's running off of battery power. But. It's plugged in. AND it says that it's running on AC power...yet is still draining the battery. I tried plugging it into a different outlet to see if maybe the one it was plugged into was the problem, though I doubt that as it's the same one I always use when I'm on it in my room. I also popped out the battery to make sure that nothing got in there to mess things up. Nothing. It soon goes dead, and I'm stuck using my POS desktop.

I've got my laptop plugged in in another room hoping to get the battery to charge. I cannot think of anything that could cause this though, as this is totally sudden and just happened out of nowhere today. Can anyone think of what could have caused this? I don't want to go out and buy a new battery and/or charger if I don't need to, because that's money I really don't have to spend right now, but I want my laptop back cry

T.M
Sorry to tell you this but...

That exact same thing happened to my sister's laptop.. her power pack was screwed and it costs... well let me put it this way she bought a brand new PC in the end because it was cheaper than getting the power pack fixed.

Lana
erm

Well, I got my laptop from my uncle, who's good with computers and such. If I need to I can just get him to fix it for me, I guess.

Lana
Okay, I went to check on it and it's charging fine and doesn't appear to be draining the battery anymore, so hopefully whatever the hell the deal was, it's over with.

Trickster
Until it returns...

*ominous tune*

Thorinn
The way I avoid battery problems is I use a PC. stick out tongue

Lana
Well, my laptop is now working fine. Weird.

I hate my desktop, it's really crappy and slow stick out tongue

LanceWindu
Ghost in the machine...

Thorinn
Originally posted by Lana

I hate my desktop, it's really crappy and slow stick out tongue oh blasphemy

T.M
Originally posted by Lana

I hate my desktop, it's really crappy and slow stick out tongue

Thats strange.. but great.. no spending money to repair it ]w00t

Bloigen
Originally posted by T.M
Thats strange.. but great.. no spending money to repair it ]w00t

Haha.

T.M
Originally posted by Bloigen
Haha.

can tell I typed that in a rush laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.