Firebird was going to be in X-3!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheOnes2
I found this pic. Looks real.

Fiann@
Originally posted by TheOnes2
I found this pic. Looks real. I don't think so nono

Jimmy Buggs
why would she be on fire? the movie phoenix had nothing to do with the comic phoenix other then they were both jean.

Prince Nauj
*cough Fake

masterkit
i dont think so either. But i see where he's coming from. There is a sort of resemblce. but still a NO

InnerRise
Does anybody remember at the end of X2 when Jean is holding the wave back and becomes engulfed in flames while doing it just before being buried beneath the water?

That tells me that before Brian Singer left, he was planning on portraying The Phoenix as a Flaming Bird. Not to mention the image of a Flaming Bird beneath the ocean at the end of X2 as well.

is it comprehensible.....

Fiann@
That would be a good point if Bryan Singer had actually directed X3.

It would be harder to explain Jean manifesting flames than just kind of glowing and going all veiny.

cain marko
although i leke the firebird i think ratners portrayl was amazin and did DARK phoenix justice. singer might have wanted to do the good phoenix plus if she was all flamey when she sacrificed it might only be because she was good.

Wolfie
I was wondering why she never did any fire stuff in the movie. You saw the flames at the end of X2. They were just forgotten in X3.

The Pict
Originally posted by Wolfie
I was wondering why she never did any fire stuff in the movie. You saw the flames at the end of X2. They were just forgotten in X3.

I think that was cut out because the directors switched

cain marko
i dont i think the flames resembled the goodness of jean doing what she was doing but also the breakout of phoenix. i think the fired bird was only the release of power during the transition of characters and also this telekintetic cacoon the proffesor was talking about which is why wee see the bird outline under the water

The Pict
there wasn't a coherent reason for the pheonix, I know that the movies don't follow the comics to a T but why completely change the concept? The telekinesis cocoon and split personality idea is pretty lame.

cain marko
yea and this wouldnt.

'the x-mens forer collegue jean grey comes back after being taken over by an extraterestrial entity called The Phoenix. after being crushed b alkali lake this entity for no apparant reason came down to earth and took over her 'somewhat should be mangled body''

The Pict
I think the pheonix just might have enough power to fix her body... I mean it being a cosmic force and all

cain marko
i no but in the x-men films there as been no relation or refernce to outer space!! plus i think this way with jeans death then maybethe entity was released when she died?

The Pict
hmm i suppose you're right about the outer space part, i'm just picking up on parts of the movie that annoyed me as i REALLY like x men 2. i did genuinely enjoy the third movie though.

cain marko
ditto the third movie was cool and although this may bit blasphemous to singer... i may have slightly prefered it to the other two...i dunno. i'm kinda psyked about my idea of phoenix now. i mean if prof x can enter another body after he has died then wy cant phoenix live as an entity?

The Pict
do you mean seperate from jean grey?

cain marko
yea but i only mean the psyche i mean when wolverine killed her she was jean so maybe phoenix scarpered like xavierif the entity can exist on its own in the comics then y cant it in the film? we could get a firebird representation as it enterd a host...................or as it ploughed straight into jeans grave!!!!!!!!!!! followed by her rising however ressurection again messed damn i'm dissing my own theory

The Pict
It could enter a member of the brotherhood for the next movie. You know set up an ever bigger dark pheonix story. Or even magneto if the producers are going to cast him in a possible x men 4.

cain marko
i was thinkin magneto.....i mean at the end when he 'moved' the chest piece it myt not have bin b/c of his powers i dunno tho

The Pict
It all depends on who writes/directs the (assumed) next movie but it would be a bad idea to cut out the pheonix as it has shaken up the x men pretty bad.

cain marko
yea i agree they need to show the xmen real damaged in the next film if they do one. but i dont neccessarily think that phonix would have to be bad

The Pict
perhaps it could be on the x men's side against a really powerful villian. Apocalypse or xavier's reality-altering son? exodus and a new brotherhood maybe?

cain marko
yea that would be cool but i think if moira is brought more into it i think we should have proteus. i think we are a bit off topic....

subgenius
I think that Ratner completely fumbled the ball with Jean Grey and the entire Phoenix story. It was senseless. That was not the Phoenix of the comics for sure. And, all she did was stand around looking menacing. She was effectively a non-character in the film. X3 is a perfect example of painting with strokes that are far too broad too far-reaching. Ratner needed to pick a story and stick with it, instead he tried to tell like five stories at once. This diluted the Phoenix saga. In fact, it was not even a saga... it was a footnote.

The Pict
the more reason to correct it in x4 i think

Fiann@
Originally posted by The Pict
there wasn't a coherent reason for the pheonix, I know that the movies don't follow the comics to a T but why completely change the concept? The telekinesis cocoon and split personality idea is pretty lame. The 'cocoon' idea is from the original X-Men stories, when it was revealed that Jean Grey had survived the shuttle crash, and was sealed in a cocoon formed by the Phoenix Force. She was at the bottom of the lake/ river in New York I think, the Jean that had died was a replicated body, formed by the Phoenix force, that was Phoenix II and she apparently sacrificed herself blal blah blah.

And Phoenix pretty much was described as split personality, as two people existing inside the body, or ever three maybe {Jean, Phoenix and Dark Phoenix} Dark Phoenix being the darker more powerful side without morals. I thought that it was explained quite well, because the films are aimed for a wider audience so they couldn't really say it was a 'cosmic entity' because it wouldn't really sound as plausible as her darker side being released from the mind by her apparent 'death'. Besides if they included the 'Phoenix Force' as such, then they fan boys would all be clamouring for the Shi'ar, Firelord and all that. It would have confused things.

marvelprince
Originally posted by subgenius
I think that Ratner completely fumbled the ball with Jean Grey and the entire Phoenix story. It was senseless. That was not the Phoenix of the comics for sure. And, all she did was stand around looking menacing. She was effectively a non-character in the film. X3 is a perfect example of painting with strokes that are far too broad too far-reaching. Ratner needed to pick a story and stick with it, instead he tried to tell like five stories at once. This diluted the Phoenix saga. In fact, it was not even a saga... it was a footnote.

The point was change Phoenix from being a cosmic entity into a powerful character. He wanted to make her more realistic by putting her on a more human scale. For me it worked, I loved his representation of Phoenix. I agree that it seemed like too many things were happening at once, but I think they were all handled effectively

cain marko
Originally posted by marvelprince
The point was change Phoenix from being a cosmic entity into a powerful character. He wanted to make her more realistic by putting her on a more human scale. For me it worked, I loved his representation of Phoenix. I agree that it seemed like too many things were happening at once, but I think they were all handled effectively

i agree. i cant look at jean the same now

soul self
I heard that on this movie or the next.that some object would be floating on top of Jeans tomb and the coffin would be empty..maybe the good phoenix will bring her back like in the cartoons and Jean would control her power now and be strong...or Dark Phoenix will control her and rage upon everyone and everything killing all.Thats just an idea though...maybe apoclypes and Dark Phoenix will fihgt for the crown on the next movie.

Britrogue
Sorry to say that the pic on the first page is a fanmade manipulation. x

soul self
Maybe their saving the firebird for the nextmovie. You only see the firbird when she uses the Phoenix Force or uses her powers at a massive level. I dont know about yall but ididnt see/hear a phoenix force cry or see her powers used massivly. Yes she used her powers at the fullist but not to where she was struggling.

soul self
Does anyone know why Bryan Singer didn't direct X3

LanceWindu
Originally posted by soul self
Does anyone know why Bryan Singer didn't direct X3

He turned his back on the franchise so he could direct Superman Returns.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Fiann@
That would be a good point if Bryan Singer had actually directed X3.

It would be harder to explain Jean manifesting flames than just kind of glowing and going all veiny. I didn't actually say if X3 should have portrayed Phoenix as a fiery for or not.

I was just stating an observation and I even said "If Bryan Singer had made X3".

So I'd say it's a good point all around.

soul self
I think on the next x-man the DARK PHOENIX should be the villian. Cuz this phoenix was a little to nice. The next DARK PHOENIX should be ruthless like in the cartoons. Then in the end there should be a scene were (after jean destroys the dark phoenix) a powerful mutant is growing under the earth . It would be Apoclypes. then there would be an x5..

soul self
Maybe its just me but, on the cartoons the Dark Phoenix was way more evil than the one on the movie. I mean tons way more evil. Yeah Jean killed proff.x's body but thats it. The dark Phoenix would have ate his soul and claimed the lives of the rest of the x-men. Killing anything in its path. Like she says "i hungur for more destruction" she loves to kill and destroy. This Phoenix stould by most of the time. I bet anything on the next movie there will be another or dark phoenix..either the next movie or the on after..but they should make another.

LordKaos
I think they didn't give Phoenix the flame aura, so that people who don't know a lot about the Xmen would not confuse her powers with Pyro. He controls fire, she's uses fire as a power signature, then comments like "Hey I thought she could move things and read minds, now she can manipulate fire, I thought that was that Pyro guys power this movie sucks!" would arise. When she stands on the vehicle and the fire flares up behind her, it's sharp and can be likened to a beak. Dark Phoenix in the cartoon was more interested in the sensastions she got from causeing chaos, she even commented that the sensation was lessened when her opponent was weak, which explained to me why she didn't just vaporized them she was having fun, she was like a kid in an evil candy store.

InnerRise
Originally posted by LordKaos
I think they didn't give Phoenix the flame aura, so that people who don't know a lot about the Xmen would not confuse her powers with Pyro. He controls fire, she's uses fire as a power signature, then comments like "Hey I thought she could move things and read minds, now she can manipulate fire, I thought that was that Pyro guys power this movie sucks!" would arise. When she stands on the vehicle and the fire flares up behind her, it's sharp and can be likened to a beak. Dark Phoenix in the cartoon was more interested in the sensastions she got from causeing chaos, she even commented that the sensation was lessened when her opponent was weak, which explained to me why she didn't just vaporized them she was having fun, she was like a kid in an evil candy store.
A kid in an "evil candy store"?

What's an "evil candy store"?

Wouldn't "candy store" sufficed since you're just talking about a kid?

cain marko
Originally posted by LordKaos

its more like a cat playin with a mouse or an orca whale with a seal

Phoenix Forever
that just pissed me off....well one thing out of the comics jean says to wolverine to kill her. that was out of the comics i hope she doesn't dies in every single movie like she does when phoenix is involved

soul self
Can anyone tell me why did Jean/Phoenix act asleep or dead when storm and wolverine found her.?Did cyclops blast her before she killed him or whatever.? Do you think shell be back in the 4th movie as the dark phoenix?

InnerRise
She didn't ACT like anything. She was really in a coma or whatever.

We don't actually know why she ended up this way though. I'd say she used up a lot of energy and knocked herself out. But one possibility among others.

And she won't be in X4 because there won't be a X4.

LordKaos
I really wish comments had been made on what was said before the candy store stuff, a kid in an evil candy store was hardly the highlight of the post. It was an evil candy store because Jean as Dark phoenix is a devourer, she destroys and destruction invokes the imagery of evil. It was merely an attempt at being sardonic, which is apparently lost on the likes of you.

willRules
Originally posted by cain marko
ditto the third movie was cool and although this may bit blasphemous to singer... i may have slightly prefered it to the other two...i dunno. i'm kinda psyked about my idea of phoenix now. i mean if prof x can enter another body after he has died then wy cant phoenix live as an entity?

Xavier and Jean are very different characters. smile With Phoenix in her, Jean is much more powerful but nowhere near as clever smile

cain marko
it is not the need for jean to be clever it is the entity/ in the film her other personality.

cain marko

cain marko
sorry to bump. but if you have the 2 disc edition of x3 then there is a load of concept art for phoenix which would suggest she was gonna be in it. i totally dont like my theories lol. i'm still sticking with the idea however that she could be ressurected again but she could a a lil battle within herself and shut out the dark pheonix (hint: its gonna be in ma X4 script stick out tongue)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.