Telepathy vs. Telekinesis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soss
If you could only have one of these psionic abilities, which would you choose and why?

King KAM
Originally posted by Soss
If you could only have one of these psionic abilities, which would you choose and why? ultimate telekenisis would be awesome, you could re arrange molecules.

Tank_6603
Man that's a tough one, be able to fool chics into thinking I'm Bradd Pitt or being able to undress them with my mind....literally.

Tank_6603
Being able to fly telekenitically would probably seal the deal with most women..too. this debate could rage for hours

King KAM
aye, it could.....because like you stated....i could either make the woman think the sex is good, or i could just eff her with an invisible peice....

Swanky-Tuna
If you became good enough at telekinesis you could simulate telepathy by manipulating neurons.

King KAM
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
If you became good enough at telekinesis you could simulate telepathy by manipulating neurons. truly, and if you were omi telekentic you could teleport shit...like cable.

Tank_6603
let's just keep it as basic telekenisis, moveing sh**T and flying or controlling minds and reading thought.

Soleran
well if the world was filled with mutants I would take TP becuase I could tap into their powers and use them for my biddingsmile If its just me I'll take TK, at its higher showings its alot cooler I think.

King KAM
Originally posted by Soleran
well if the world was filled with mutants I would take TP becuase I could tap into their powers and use them for my biddingsmile If its just me I'll take TK, at its higher showings its alot cooler I think. yep, when you can effind uproot skyscrapers and hurl them at people without ever lifting a stone, and make an unbreakable shield.....TK is perdy cool.

Tank_6603
I wonder how practical it(telekenisis) would be in out world though, the cops would eventually come after you for doing the insane things you wanted to do and you would have to be a villian, with telepathy you could "borrow" a billion dollars from D.Trump and become pres. You could influence ppl into legalizing marijuanna, date jessica alba, get free mcdonalds.....kill hundreds of people and mind control a jury of your piers....you get the picture

grey fox
In a fight scenario I'd have to go for TP , nothing says 'don't mess with me' then ****ing with your opponents brain.

Generally though I'd probably have TK simply for the Flying and movement capabilities.

Tank_6603
Originally posted by grey fox
In a fight scenario I'd have to go for TP , nothing says 'don't mess with me' then ****ing with your opponents brain.

Generally though I'd probably have TK simply for the Flying and movement capabilities. yeah nothing says don't mess with me like making your opponent think his wiener has turned into a rabid raccon and has caught on fire....maybe i think about this stuff too much. embarrasment
I will conceed that TK wins in the cool factor. you'd never have to get up to get a beer again.

Soleran
Originally posted by Tank_6603
I wonder how practical it(telekenisis) would be in out world though, the cops would eventually come after you for doing the insane things you wanted to do and you would have to be a villian, with telepathy you could "borrow" a billion dollars from D.Trump and become pres. You could influence ppl into legalizing marijuanna, date jessica alba, get free mcdonalds.....kill hundreds of people and mind control a jury of your piers....you get the picture

How would anyone know it was you using the power unless you opened your mouth really? Just be discreet and BAM you got it going on.

Phoenix_Avatar9
If at their most powerful levels, chosing one can gain you the other. As Swanky said, the manipulating neurons part, or changing your genetic makeup ala Rachel to give yourself tp OR using tp on your brain to activate latent neural functions culminating in the development of teke.

i really can't choose, so I'm abstaining

King KAM
Id use TK to be a boxer.....

Soleran
Originally posted by King KAM
Id use TK to be a boxer.....

LOL F that I would go to Vegas and hit the roulette tables LOL! I WOULD OWN VEGAS! evil face laughing Happy Dance

Not to mention what would happen to all the honey's around me when I am spanking the table. muhahahaha

King KAM
LOL F that I would go to Vegas and hit the roulette tables LOL! I WOULD OWN VEGAS! evil face laughing Happy Dance

Not to mention what would happen to all the honey's around me when I am spanking the table. muhahahaha but then someone would follow u home and shoot you.....

Tank_6603

Not to mention what would happen to all the honey's around me when I am spanking the table. muhahahaha lol u mean hookers. Just get bill gates to sell you all his stocks for 1 dollar in a public place with a contract and everything. legitimate possibility with telepathic abilities. Then you can buy all the hookers you want!

Soleran
but then someone would follow u home and shoot you.....

TK shields! Not to mention TK you could blind someone or make yourself invisible at high enough levels kinda like how the invisible woman workssmile

Besides the goal wouldn't be to win at roulette for a seriously long period of time just like 2-3 roundssmile or win alot on black and reds oh man I am drooling over it now lolsmile Even better is to bet on boxing as well, TK blast someone in a certain round, football OMG TK is a pimp tool for betting paradise. evil face

Oh by the way when I was talking about the girls around the tables I meant i would be getting them off as I won in roulette, joygasms baby!

Darth Martin
Telepathy.

Accel
I'd rather have telekinesis. I could fly, move objects without getting up, make a telekinetic shield to protect me from the rain, etc.

I would not want to know what was going on in the sick minds of many people in the world. I'd be scarred for life.

Darth Martin
Telekenbisis

Soss
I'd rather have Telekinesis.
Why?

Flight, Moving things, it'd be cool.
Plus, possiblity of strength increase....which would be fun.

I know I seem retarded, but, what good is "rearranging molecules"?

Darth Martin
But the problem is you would be a villain and the govermant would be out to get u.

Soss
Nah, not if I helped people.

And what is rearranging molecules?

Psyquis52
Telekinesis. I'd hate to know what all these idiots are thinking. That would drive me nuts.

Validus
Thank God some of you don't have TK. Rearranging molecules? Jesus...

Soss
What the hell is rearranging molecules dammit?!

batdude123
I'd take the TK.

Phoenix_Avatar9
What the hell is rearranging molecules dammit?!

What is it?- manipulating the molecular structure of matter

How can it be used practically?- anyway you want, stimulating molecules for heat or cold, rearrange matter such as your clothes, so many things...

Soss
Originally posted by Phoenix_Avatar9
What is it?- manipulating the molecular structure of matter

How can it be used practically?- anyway you want, stimulating molecules for heat or cold, rearrange matter such as your clothes, so many things...

So, in a way, could you like, take certain parts of like, metal objects, and using TK create an automatic rifle or something?

grey fox
So, in a way, could you like, take certain parts of like, metal objects, and using TK create an automatic rifle or something?

Perhaps...

roughrider
A tough choice. TK is flashier and more fun on the surface, but TP will get you lots of friends and money. Just picture walking up to Bill Gates house for a weekly gift of money stick out tongue or getting any girl to feel good about herself and you stick out tongue

Big Sexy
definitely Tp. Reasons stated by roughrider.

ExodusCloak
I would probably take telepathy, I'm the type of person who'd use your deepest darkest secrets against you...

*I could also use it to study off people for exams.
*Mind raping people you hate is another pro.

About the arranging molecules thing...if you don't have "subatoscopic" vision how the heck are you suppose to see where to move the quarks and antiquarks? I mean having Ultimate TK is one thing, using it effectively on a sub sub atomic scale is another.

(I still say omniversal reality warping is better... big grin)

Crease
Telepathy...Eva Longoria and Shakira in a threesome...Serena Williams and Vida Guerrera in a threesome...Eva Mendez and Anna Kournikova...The possibilities are endless

Plus, with telepathy you could make your enemies believe Darth Vader or Jason Vorhees were after them. Or mentally force them to sleep and implant Freddy Krueger into their dreams.

Phoenix_Avatar9
I pretty much think that you need to know exactly how to build one, but yes, there is no reason that you couldn't make an automatic rifle

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
I would probably take telepathy, I'm the type of person who'd use your deepest darkest secrets against you...

*I could also use it to study off people for exams.
*Mind raping people you hate is another pro.

About the arranging molecules thing...if you don't have "subatoscopic" vision how the heck are you suppose to see where to move the quarks and antiquarks? I mean having Ultimate TK is one thing, using it effectively on a sub sub atomic scale is another.

(I still say omniversal reality warping is better... big grin)

sadistic evil face ... i like laughing
i guess people like Jean and Rachel have it sorta ingrained into their tk or subconscious or something how exactly to move the most minute particles of matter. Like having every weapon in the world yet not knowing how to operate a single one. Oh well rubber science really does make ya think!

Lethal_Rise
yeah, think about this people. If you have Telepathy, you could possibly control people to do your bidding, which is way more rewarding than TK in teh long run. Why move something with your mind, when you can have minions do if for you?

Soss
Originally posted by Lethal_Rise
yeah, think about this people. If you have Telepathy, you could possibly control people to do your bidding, which is way more rewarding than TK in teh long run. Why move something with your mind, when you can have minions do if for you?

With TK you could forcefully use people, by controlling their bodies.

I still love TK.

Mr Master
ultimate telekenisis would be awesome, you could re arrange molecules.

Telekinesis: the supposed ability to move objects at a distance by mental power or other nonphysical means

You cannot re-arrange anything with telekinesis, that's a whole other ball game.

Mr Master
yep, when you can effind uproot skyscrapers and hurl them at people without ever lifting a stone, and make an unbreakable shield.....TK is perdy cool.

You can't make an unbreakable shield with TK.

Lethal_Rise
Originally posted by Mr Master
Telekinesis: the supposed ability to move objects at a distance by mental power or other nonphysical means.
You cannot re-arrange anything with telekinesis, that's a whole other ball game. Originally posted by Mr Master
You can't make an unbreakable shield with TK. you can't make it unbreakable, but you can make a sheild, and it depends how strong of a telekinetic you are.
psychokinesis is moving objects and molecules, but isn't the same as telekinesis.

wannabe
psychokinesis is moving objects and molecules, but isn't the same as telekinesis. That's not entirely true!
Telekinesis is a form of psychokinesis, but psychokinesis is not just telekinesis.

Psychokinesis includes:
-Telekinesis
-Pyrokinesis
-Electrokinesis
-Cryokinesis
etc....................

And to the topic question: I couldn't decide! Tk as well as Tp are amazingly useful AND mighty abilities, so...

Lethal_Rise
dude, tht's what I just said. telekineises branches off psychokinesis too.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Mr Master
Telekinesis: the supposed ability to move objects at a distance by mental power or other nonphysical means

You cannot re-arrange anything with telekinesis, that's a whole other ball game.
What are molecules but objects?

celestialdemon
I'd have to say telepathy. I much more enjoy doing things subtly. I could have any woman I wanted and as much money as I wanted without anyone knowing or caring. And if I wanted to get rid of someone, I could kill them then make everyone forget that person ever existed.

Lethal_Rise
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
What are molecules but objects? technically, no. an object would be a piece of paper, but affecting the molecules in the piece of paper are completly different, b/cyou can control everything that makes the object hold together. with that, you can start and control fier, electricity, metals and basically any organic matter.

Swanky-Tuna
technically, no. an object would be a piece of paper, but affecting the molecules in the piece of paper are completly different, b/cyou can control everything that makes the object hold together. with that, you can start and control fier, electricity, metals and basically any organic matter.
Last time I checked, a molecule was just as much an object as the mass it came from. The only difference is gaining fine enough control to affect such tiny things.

Lethal_Rise
if you were to move 1 molecule in an object, you would not be able to move the object itsself.

Soss
if you were to move 1 molecule in an object, you would not be able to move the object itsself.

If you were a strong enough telekinetic you could.

Lethal_Rise
or you had the phoenix force.

Soss
or you had the phoenix force.

True.

bitca730
I'd prefer telepathy in normal...if I honed it well enough I could literally get anything I wanted...make people give you their money, have sex with them, let you in clubs, cheat on tests, etc...and then erase the event from their minds so that they dont even recall it...I could have my own plane in a couple of days, so screw making myself do it...a plus of TK is personal sheilds however...and if i was in a "super human" world, it would depend on whether or not i could use telekinesis to block telepathy...if so, i would rather have telekinesis... ;-)

ExodusCloak
How does the saying go? "Anything can happen if you put your mind to it? Isn't that how Xavier created Onslaught, how Cassandra Nova unlocked/created Emma Frosts Diamond Form? Almost forgot Kid Omega.

Originally posted by Phoenix_Avatar9
sadistic evil face ... i like laughing
i guess people like Jean and Rachel have it sorta ingrained into their tk or subconscious or something how exactly to move the most minute particles of matter. Like having every weapon in the world yet not knowing how to operate a single one. Oh well rubber science really does make ya think!

Joking aside, deep down I couldn't hurt a fly. A few people, maybe, but not a fly.
Lol that's Rubber science for yeah. big grin

Although If I did have Telepathy, I would want to be the only one. I don't think I'd be able to handle mind-stalkers and shielding my mind constantly, throughout the day.

manorastroman
assuming fine enough control, telekinesis is better. you could (presumably) alter your own genetics to obtain any superpower, telepathy included.

Tallis
I'm going to have to say telepathy. I could control people's minds. If I don't feel like getting a beer I'll make someone else get it for me. I could make everyone into my slaves. And rule nations. I could make people kill each other for entertainment. Make DC and Marvel have a decent crossover. And things like that

The Pict
Telepathy, yep. That would get me Kate Beckinsale and that's all that matters

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by manorastroman
assuming fine enough control, telekinesis is better. you could (presumably) alter your own genetics to obtain any superpower, telepathy included.

That's technically not true, I mean even with fine enough control you would still need to know what the DNA(With the superpower) you want looks like. Not all TK comes with cosmic awareness. Same with altering things on a sub atomic level, Telekinesis requires seeing the object(Seeing the Quarks and AntiQuarks etc) so unless you have "subatoscopic vision" you won't be able to alter stuff on a sub atomic level.

Mindship
Telekinesis
Telepathy is only good against living things, perhaps even just sapient beings. TK is good against anything, like for example, a car is parked taking up 2 spots? TK to the rescue.

jasononline
Telepathy. It is much more powerful. It is basic telekinesis in question here, not being to rearrange molecules or make shields and all that. Just moving stuff. Telepathy would be much more rewarding and versatile. I would much rather be able to make my enemy think all his skin was ripped from his body and that he was being eaten alive while on fire and having every bone in his body crushed, bone by bone, whilst the whole time nothing was really wrong with him so he wouldn't be dying any time soon, then just crushing him. But then again, I'm evil like that >.>....

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Mindship
Telekinesis
Telepathy is only good against living things, perhaps even just sapient beings. TK is good against anything, like for example, a car is parked taking up 2 spots? TK to the rescue.

That's great and all, but one question: If you have TK what's the point of a car? stick out tongue TK is a flashy power, TP right now in general, would be more useful to me.

Mindship
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
That's great and all, but one question: If you have TK what's the point of a car? stick out tongue

For when I'm using my secret identity. cool

Swanky-Tuna
Telepathy is for people who don't want to rule the world as a terrible and horrifying ruler.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Mindship
For when I'm using my secret identity. cool

Still, TK would be a great solution to the greenhouse gas, fuel and traffic problem. Plus it's probably faster then a car.
And who needs a secret identity anyway...if I had powers I'd find the nearest media station and broadcast it. Then either get dissected by the government or worshipped like a God.

Crease
Originally posted by jasononline
Telepathy. It is much more powerful. It is basic telekinesis in question here, not being to rearrange molecules or make shields and all that. Just moving stuff. Telepathy would be much more rewarding and versatile. I would much rather be able to make my enemy think all his skin was ripped from his body and that he was being eaten alive while on fire and having every bone in his body crushed, bone by bone, whilst the whole time nothing was really wrong with him so he wouldn't be dying any time soon, then just crushing him. But then again, I'm evil like that >.>....

thumb up

MR.Grum
like luke yes i would have to go with telakawatchumacallit cuz ownegs is imanent with that skill

MR.Grum
i like perasiets wuts wrong with humans the grum dosent care but the grum dosent pass juged ment on mortal flesh they only have a short time left any way hahaahah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.