When has this ever been said in the movies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Phantom
Okay, so I'm watching PoA and I notice something. Never do they say that Lupin, Sirius, or James are Moony, Padfoot, or Prongs. I find this very odd. Does Harry know in the movies or not? And if they have said it in the movies, can you please tell me what part? Very curious.

Forcewielder
It was never mentioned in the movies but hearing Voldemort refer to Peter Pettigrew as "Wormtail" in GOF, it was easy for me to figure out which were Mooney, Padfoot, and Prongs. Mooney would be Lupin since he turns into a werewolf at the site of a full moon and I looked up the word "Pad" on the dictionary and it states that its the "fleshy underside of the end of a finger or toe". Dogs have padfoots and since we see Sirius turn himself into a dog, that makes him Padfoot which leaves James Potter as Prongs.

HPFAN1992
OK... I am very curious as to why James was called Prongs. We do not know what he did to earn all the Gold Harry had been left. I'm going to research 'Prongs'... I might come up with somthing VERY exciting and relevant... Can someone help me please? We might find out more about james...

Barker
Originally posted by HPFAN1992
OK... I am very curious as to why James was called Prongs. We do not know what he did to earn all the Gold Harry had been left. I'm going to research 'Prongs'... I might come up with somthing VERY exciting and relevant... Can someone help me please? We might find out more about james...
Very Relevant, Thanks. thumb up

I'm guessing they thought you'd've known who they were already..

Most fans who already know what's going on See the Movies, not people trying to understand everything for the first time..

messed

HPFAN1992
oh I have always known their nicknames... I have just never thought about it much

The Phantom
Well, to the average person who never read the books, it must be much confusing. To us people it isn't because we basically know the books back to front (and yet we still don't know them that well). As to the why James is Prongs, yes, that is very interesting question. Research it. And I think the director or screenwriter is asking a bit much to ask the audience to piece Moony with Lupin, Prongs with James, and Sirius with Padfoot.

ladygrim
Kinda easy to figure out tho whos who with out reading the books cuz Lupin becomes werewolf Sirius in to a dog So on not overly hard to figure

The Phantom
Originally posted by ladygrim
Kinda easy to figure out tho whos who with out reading the books cuz Lupin becomes werewolf Sirius in to a dog So on not overly hard to figure How many people know what the hell a padfoot is? Hmm?! I'm serious, who teaches that in school? What kind of vocabulary do you have?! No, but seriously. They barely say the names enough to put the connections on who is who.

d-fly_girl008
james is called prongs cause his animiagus was a deer with ANTLERS!!! can't you put that connections together?? DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Phantom
Originally posted by d-fly_girl008
james is called prongs cause his animiagus was a deer with ANTLERS!!! can't you put that connections together?? DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OKAY! People. Not all people know what the **** prongs are! Use your brains. People who have only seen it once, who would be able to make the connection right away? They don't know the characters that well for that.

d-fly_girl008
that's also why harry's patronus is a deer, because that was his dad's animiagus form...

The Phantom
... Who could have put that together! They never even said that his animiagus form was a deer!

Barker
that's also why harry's patronus is a deer, because that was his dad's animiagus form...
... Hermoine's mom Can't turn into a Beaver. erm

The Phantom
Originally posted by Barker
... Hermoine's mom Can't turn into a Beaver. erm There is an amusing possiblity of it happening though. :P

d-fly_girl008
everyone has their own special patronus form, i don't know why hermione's is an otter, but i know that harry's is a deer or buck or whatever animal his dad turned into because of voldemort killing his dad b4 he even knew him. and patronuses can change like tonks did when she was in love with lupin but he said they couldn't be together, remember???

The Phantom
Yes yes yes. patronuses are all nice and all. And just showing that it could just be a coincidence that Harry's patronus is what it is. They never say that James ever was an animagus at all!

d-fly_girl008
yes they do!!! they say it cause they explain that they needed him to hold lupin back so that wormtail could hit the womping willow tree root to freeze him and get lupin to the shreiking shack. don't you remember?? it was in the books and the movie!! duh!!! are you that clueless??

hpfanizzledizzl
yes they do!!! they say it cause they explain that they needed him to hold lupin back so that wormtail could hit the womping willow tree root to freeze him and get lupin to the shreiking shack. don't you remember?? it was in the books and the movie!! duh!!! are you that clueless??

No, but you clearly seem to be respectless...

d-fly_girl008
no offence, but it is just a little cat room, so no need to be that way, and i just asked if they were clueless, i never said they were, and it kind of is really obvious so...

hpfanizzledizzl
no offence, but it is just a little cat room, so no need to be that way, and i just asked if they were clueless, i never said they were, and it kind of is really obvious so...
What's obvious is your lack of grammatical knowledge.

d-fly_girl008
no offence, but i am using im language so...

hpfanizzledizzl
I'm aware. But this isn't Instant Messageing. It's a forum. Forums (surprisingly enough) are designed for intellegent conversation. Not meaningless unfathomable babble.

d-fly_girl008
wow, you have a big vocabulary...

hpfanizzledizzl
Thank you.

The Phantom
Ok, I KNOW ITS IN THE BOOK! I'M TALKING MOVIE! I want a quote from the movie. Got one? Go ahead, go search. I have time. NEVER HAS IT BEEN SAID IN THE MOVIE!

hpfanizzledizzl
Phantom, please no yelling.

d-fly_girl008
i'm not going to quote the movie when knowing it's in the book should be enough

hpfanizzledizzl
But he's talking about them movie. This thread is about the movie...not the book. Therefore, we (for the sake of greater knowledge) will pretend we never read the books, and only saw the movies.

d-fly_girl008
but why???

The Phantom
... Because that is the point of this thread! How can people who never read the books put the connections together. I know its in the books, but they never said it in the movie. I find it a mistake.

d-fly_girl008
i thought they did say it in the movie, when sirius was talking to harry???

hpfanizzledizzl
Because it's an original thread. If you ever come up with an original thread, we will respect your idea. So respect his ideas, try to give/obtain knowledge, and create an ORIGINAL thread of your own.

The Phantom
i thought they did say it in the movie, when sirius was talking to harry??? When? They have spken to each other several times. Never has he said who they are. He never said he was Padfoot, Lupin was Moony, or James was Prongs. Niether did theys say James was an animagus. So really, in the movies, Harry is pretty much blind of a lot of things of his father.

d-fly_girl008
i'm sorry i thought it said it in the movie, my mistake

The Phantom
i'm sorry i thought it said it in the movie, my mistake Tis alright. This is why I opened the thread, to see if anyone has proof that it has been said. I will shut up with proof that it has been said. (or watch the movie again and see it has been said. But I swear it hasn't!)

nehaa
watch the movie again and make sure you watch it properly because it has been mentioned I am 100per.sure

TheKingofKINGS!
Originally posted by nehaa
watch the movie again and make sure you watch it properly because it has been mentioned I am 100per.sure It hasn't, you fail.

Diamonds
no offence, but it is just a little cat room, so no need to be that way, and i just asked if they were clueless, i never said they were, and it kind of is really obvious so... KMC is little? I think not no expression KMC most likely has the biggest Harry Potter forum on the net (not counting forums made specifically for Potter). Not everyone who watches the movies have read the books. Most of the people I know have seen the movies but haven't read the books.
But Phamtom, I don't really think most of them notice or care. At least not my friends anyway.

dondo
.....looking at the previous page...evryone was saying harrys patronus is a deer....which it is clealy not it is a "Stag".... which throws out the obviousness of the name prongs...because of the antlers...mentioned by d-flygirl

The Phantom
Originally posted by dondo
.....looking at the previous page...evryone was saying harrys patronus is a deer....which it is clealy not it is a "Stag".... which throws out the obviousness of the name prongs...because of the antlers...mentioned by d-flygirl Seriously, do people sit and watch the movie to know what prongs are, what padfoots are, or why it is Lupin is Moony. Seriously, you have to think about it after watching the movies to get it if you never read the books. Just because you guys get it like that doesn't mean other people will. Why? Because not everyone has read the books. Case closed. They didn't announce it, they should've announced it for all the people who don't read, but didn't and thus I am giving them a lower rating for carelessness for viewers.

willRules
Originally posted by The Phantom
Okay, so I'm watching PoA and I notice something. Never do they say that Lupin, Sirius, or James are Moony, Padfoot, or Prongs. I find this very odd. Does Harry know in the movies or not? And if they have said it in the movies, can you please tell me what part? Very curious.

Yeah i noticed that when it first came out in cinemas. IMO it's one of the many reasons why that movie sucked yes

MR Potter

never say that in the movie. This is a big mistake of the director for not inclued this important words in the script.

The Phantom
Originally posted by willRules
Yeah i noticed that when it first came out in cinemas. IMO it's one of the many reasons why that movie sucked yes Originally posted by MR Potter
never say that in the movie. This is a big mistake of the director for not inclued this important words in the script. Thank you!

nehaa
Originally posted by TheKingofKINGS!
It hasn't, you fail.

sorry confused but i watched the movie first and i didn't notice it because read the book after finished watching the movie.

Nickey
NOT BAD.
NOT THE BEST I'VE SEEN, BUT NOT BAD
thumb down

The Phantom
Originally posted by Nickey
NOT BAD.
NOT THE BEST I'VE SEEN, BUT NOT BAD
thumb down What the hell?

allofyousuckkk
wow, the patronus is a stag people....

div
that dondo guy sed tht.....

LonDon06
Well, to the average person who never read the books, it must be much confusing. To us people it isn't because we basically know the books back to front (and yet we still don't know them that well). As to the why James is Prongs, yes, that is very interesting question. Research it. And I think the director or screenwriter is asking a bit much to ask the audience to piece Moony with Lupin, Prongs with James, and Sirius with Padfoot.
In OOTP is the flash back with young Sirius,James,Remus and Peter and I'm sure that the screenwriter with work that in there somehow....

The Phantom
Originally posted by LonDon06
In OOTP is the flash back with young Sirius,James,Remus and Peter and I'm sure that the screenwriter with work that in there somehow.... ... I mean currently. In the books you find out in book 3 I believe. So.... yea....

LonDon06
yes but in POA there was to much story to include it in the movie.
I think that if they have the young Marauder's refering to eachother as Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs sometime in the one of the memories hopefully the audience(whom haven't read the books), will make the connection

The Phantom
Originally posted by LonDon06
yes but in POA there was to much story to include it in the movie.
I think that if they have the young Marauder's refering to eachother as Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs sometime in the one of the memories hopefully the audience(whom haven't read the books), will make the connection True.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.