weird

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

koreanknight
weird that luke was trained in such a short time and became such a powerfull jedi, i mean i knoe the force was strong with him but the force was strong with anakin too and it took him much much much more time then luke. and yet luke was so powerfull, he even beat anakin or vader, but thats weird

Raz
I'm not sure of the exact time Luke trained for, but it must have been for a couple of years. i.e. between the timespace of EpIV and EpV and between EpV and EpVI.
He may have also learnt the "basics" of the force, and not the intricate details Anakin will learn, which may take more time.

OK, moving to OT section.

Ushgarak
In any case, he was only about as strong as a Padawan in Episode. He kills loads of bandits, but so could Obi-Wan as a Padawan, and he could duel to a certain point. He only beat Vader because Vader's skills had massviely declined since his 'accident'- remember GL's words:

"A cripple, and untrained boy and an old man..."

...describing all we had seen of the Jedi before TPM. Luke was roundly thrashed by the Emperor, who had no such power problem, until the Chosen One killed him, of course.

Zareil
Besides which surely it is perfectly possible that the training includes indoctrination and awareness of more than just the usage of the force. As it seems that in the period of the Jedi council they became incredibly involved with the over all galactic logistics and the multi cultural society it is perfectly possivble that much of the training that takes so many yar extends beyond learning what to do with the force. It could be instead that having trained in how to use the force and shown in wat way it can be learnt, the jedi themselves are expected to learn more for themselves such as this apparent ability to move super fast. However they are also expected to learn and what takes longer givn th size of a populated galaxy the many cultures and their political environment. This i possibly why Luke who was in a period where many cultures had become formalised under the single bannr of the empir he was considered to be suficiently trained even though in a reduced amount of time.

Ushgarak
I'm really not sure about that. I'm pretty sure there are lots of Jedi who have barely left the Temple since their apprenticeship, and know almost nothing of the outside galaxy.

Natural talent and desperation are the best explanations for Luke's fast advancement- though like I say, I don't think it was that fast at all.

Zareil
I believe the point is that it is comparably fast given if you think about it those three movies were over a five year period in themselves so at best he was trained for three years as opposed to the knight of the earlier era when they were taken from childhood and raised. I'm fairly sure that no matter the level of desperation there must be something else. By the way thanks for the downloads sorry haven't been in touch just busy.

Ushgarak
No problem... person who I do not know.

JediOasis
I imagine at the Temple the Padawans were made to learn stuff that really didn't help them understand the Force any better. The Jedi Temple was probably kinda like a school for potential Jedi and the actual training isn't as long as we all think. I still think Luke's may have been a little rushed, but probably not as much as everyone says.

Zareil
I like the idea, the temple probably was used in different manners. For instance as to a point I Made Earlie it is possible that the Jedi were trained in the different cultures and societies. It is possible that the Jedi were equally taught over a longer period so that as well as how to fight they were taught patience. If you give it all to them in one quick sweeping effort most of which being physical and knowledge in combat then this may lead to anger and this may lea to the dark side. Takig time may give them a chance to focus o the force. Actually as well as this whilst they may be traied from an early age, this doesn't automatically mean that they were apprenticed at an early age. They were possibly much as a school tought discipline and probably the connection with the force whilst going about it. This would be as well as determining their potential. As such Luke had more of a crash course and a hope that he wouldn't follow his fathers footsteps...

Darth Pants
Sorry, I know this should beong on the EU pages, but if you want to see ridiculously quick Jedi training, play Dark Forces 2. I love the game, but the events unfold over what could be no more than a week or so, and by the end, the originally uninitiated Kyle Katarn is either a Jedi Master or a Sith Lord.

Ushgarak
Yeah, that's silly game dramatic licence for you. A suspicously large amount of Dark Jedi wandering around as well... mind you, shouldnt' complain, considering my role-play...

darth fester
my theory is that when vader kills ben
you notice that his cape drops to the floor before he gets struck by the light sabre

well i think he transfers all his energy in to luke
thats why luke can hear him and becomes a jedi quicker than normal
and thats what he means when he say strike me down and ill become stronger than you can possibly imagine or what ever he says

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.