who should the x4 villain be

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

superkronick92
XORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile roll eyes (sarcastic) big grin eek! laughing Happy Dance

The Pict
Not magneto again.
How about Apocalpyse

LanceWindu
Originally posted by The Pict
Not magneto again.
How about Apocalpyse

IMO Magneto will be good in X4. He seemed changed at the end of X3. "What have I done?!" With Charles not back yet, Magneto can run the school like in the comics.

And I agree, bring in Apocolypse.

The Pict
Yeah but how would he be done do U think? The juggernaut suit on my fellow Brit, Vinnie Jones, was bad quality however i don't really like CGI characters in movies.

LanceWindu
Yeah but how would he be done do U think? The juggernaut suit on my fellow Brit, Vinnie Jones, was bad quality however i don't really like CGI characters in movies.

The suit looked a lot better than I originally thought it would though.

For Apocolypse, his look would of course be different than the blue guy we have in the comics. It would probably be more along the lines of the version we got in X-Men: Evolution, ancient Egyptian.

The Pict
Hmm... i haven't seen the show that far on i am trying to collect the dvds but i am only up to exposing the truth i think its called. the ones where Havok first makes his appearance. i think that the show was great though and as i have only been reading comics since i was 18, 2 years ago, X men evolution introduced me to some new characters.

thesithlord3
i think xmen 4 should not have so many pointless bad guy mutants but have several main ones like omega red or apocolypse.

DAMNIT THEY SHOULD HAVE ARCHANGEL INSTEAD OF PLAIN ANGEL

AND I THINK THEY SHOULD CHANGE JUGGERNAUT TO LOOK LIKE THE HULK.

The Pict
What's the difference between the angels? Metal wings or something

Icicle
What's the difference between the angels? Metal wings or something

Subsequently, in a battle with the Marauders during their massacre of the mutant Morlocks, the Angel was caught by Blockbuster. Another Marauder, Harpoon, then impaled the Angel's wings with his weapons. The thunder god Thor rescued the Angel, but the bones of the Angel's wings had been permanently crippled, and his wounds became infected. As a result, surgeons amputated Worthington's wings. Worthington changed his will, leaving his fortune to X-Factor, thereby unwittingly playing into Hodge's plans. Shortly afterwards, in despair over the loss of his wings, his breakup with Southern, and the controversy plaguing X-Factor, Worthington apparently committed suicide in a small aircraft that exploded.

In fact, however, Worthington was teleported to safety by the mutant Apocalypse who, through genetic manipulation, caused the Angel's wings to grow back in a new form. His views towards the world radically altered by his recent traumatic experiences, Worthington became one of Apocalypse's warriors, the so-called Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, and took the name Death. As Death, he battled the other four founding members of X-Factor, but he was shocked into ending his attack when one of the X-Factor members, Iceman, faked his own demise. Abandoning both Apocalypse and X-Factor, Worthington flew off to live a solitary life. He then rejoined X-Factor and adopted the new name of Archangel. Recently Warren underwent yet another transformation. This time Archangel "shed" his metallic wings which gave way to his older, more familiar feathered wings.

The Pict
..........yeah thought so

thorncrawler
i recon that they will tie up the loose ends of pheonix and there'll be a relatively minor bad guy, protius(knowing the films not prof's son!!!) or omega red

mYsTiquE_DuDe
Apocalypse definately!

cain marko
i think they should bring in proteus if moira is in it. plus there will be kick ass special affex

Mainstream
Originally posted by mYsTiquE_DuDe
Apocalypse definately!

Sinster and Apocalypse for the next 3

thesithlord3
AM I RIGHT IN SAYING THAT THEY SHOULD'VE MADE JUGGERNAUT LOOK LIKE THE HULK SPECIAL EFFECTS WISE??

LanceWindu
Originally posted by thesithlord3
AM I RIGHT IN SAYING THAT THEY SHOULD'VE MADE JUGGERNAUT LOOK LIKE THE HULK SPECIAL EFFECTS WISE??

You're wrong.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by thesithlord3

Yes, if they wanted him done realistically. He's called Juggernaut for a reason, not because he looks like a slightly bigger, bulkier human. There are natural professional wrestlers who look more physically imposing than Vinnie Jones in that suit.

"But Juggernaut will look silly as CGI!" Well WHY have him in the f*cking movie then? Either have him realistic sized and stature, or don't have him at all, it's that simple. Don't selfishly have him and then make him shit. He's not an essential character, but if you want him, make him realistic to what he is. Vinnie Jones looked like Avalanche more than Juggernaut, it was pathetic. X-Men movie casting has never been the best, but that was ridiculous.

Would Juggernaut have looked silly as CGI? Maybe. Would CGI Juggernaut look any more stupid than Vinnie Jonesernaut? No.

-AC

Lighthammer
Vinnie Jones was a good chocie for Juggernaut, they just needed to CGi build him up more, not as much as the Hulk, just enough to see veins almost pop.

Lighthammer
Villian should Be apocalypse, and the minor vilian should Be Sinister

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Lighthammer
Vinnie Jones was a good chocie for Juggernaut, they just needed to CGi build him up more, not as much as the Hulk, just enough to see veins almost pop.

Oh for the love of spirits. How far up your asses do Brett Ratner's/Marvel's dicks have to be before you realise that they're f*cking you, man? I swear the level of blind acceptance here is sickening.

Vinnie Jones a good choice? Give it a rest. No living human being can successfully play Juggernaut, anyone with any perception of what he's like in the comic could see that. You're just accepting it because it was X-Men and you feel you have to like it.

The only way he could possibly be done was by CGI, and you say that would have looked stupid. Vinnie Jones didn't? The man looked hilarious. There are wrestlers with NO CGI, NO bodysuit, that look bigger. I had to do a triple take and pause it the first time I saw the trailer. You're supposed to KNOW when you see Juggernaut, not accept that the man looks a bit like him in a multiple pound suit.

It was a ridiculous choice, wake up.

-AC

Lighthammer
Actualy I hated this movie as you can see by my past posts. Hello. I was fursious Rattner was given the job, and he proved me right by makinfg an awful movie. I just appen to like Vinnie Jones as an actor. And just because its X Men I dont have to like. Okay sure they were better choices, but he was still okay.Yes there are pro wrestler that look like that without being bulked up,but unlike most of them, Vinnie can act better. You obiviously have not seen Vinnie Jones performances in movies such as Lock Stock or Snatch.Also, name 5 people who would have done a better job than he could have done, and explain.

Alpha Centauri
Actualy I hated this movie as you can see by my past posts. Hello. I was fursious Rattner was given the job, and he proved me right by makinfg an awful movie. I just appen to like Vinnie Jones as an actor. And just because its X Men I dont have to like. Okay sure they were better choices, but he was still okay.Yes there are pro wrestler that look like that without being bulked up,but unlike most of them, Vinnie can act better. You obiviously have not seen Vinnie Jones performances in movies such as Lock Stock or Snatch.Also, name 5 people who would have done a better job than he could have done, and explain.

I have seen those movies, and I hate them. Purely because I'm from the part of London that those movies are set it, all they do is play off a false stereotype that this city needs to escape.

Secondly, act? You think that to play JUGGERNAUT, you need a good actor? Of course you don't, what are you talking about? Professor X, maybe. Juggernaut? Hahaha. Juggernaut doesn't need a good actor, he needs someone who looks the part and can read/speak. That's about it. Seeing as there IS nobody that can play him accurately (because Vinnie Jones didn't, in terms of visuals), they should have either not done him, or done him in CGI.

It's that simple.

-AC

Blackbeast
The new villan should be the shadow king since xavier is alive on moira's island

Blackbeast
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
they should have either not done him, or done him in CGI.

-AC cgi is a horrible choice for any movie that can avoid it and i'm happy that they found an actor with some humorous talents to play juggernaut

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Blackbeast
cgi is a horrible choice for any movie that can avoid it and i'm happy that they found an actor with some humorous talents to play juggernaut

Then don't have him. Don't say "CGI looks stupid!" and then have a ridiculous man in a suit who doesn't do the character ANY justice at all. They avoided CGI and the results were worse than ANY CGI Juggernaut. It was the modern day equal of Lou Ferrigno as Hulk.

Why do you want an actor with humour? Juggernaut isn't known for his massive depth and humour. He's a giant, impossibly sized, mystically empowered human.

I swear Marvel have it inside each of you. I've never seen a bigger collection of corporate sheep. You just lap it up.

-AC

Lighthammer
First off, just because I like an actor choice, doesnt mean I am a corporate sheep, I am mad That Marvel let this inferior movie slip by okay. I am mad tht Fox screwed up X Men 3. I am mad that Rattner was allowed anywhere near the set.I just Like Jones as Juggernaut. That was one of the few things I liked about the movie.Most of the rest I hated . I am anything but a corporate sheep okay. And eeven withe absolutley need CGI, they still need an actor to do the role. So your argument makes no sense. He is not impossibly sized, if you read the comics he's 6"10 which is smaller than Colossus in his armored form.

Pezmerga
I gotta Agree with A.C.
Juggernaut looks rediculous, and so what if he is supposed to be 6'10". He is wide and bulky, impossibly so. Using a real actor is just laziness. I bet Singer wouldn't have wanted to do it that way.

Alpha Centauri
First off, just because I like an actor choice, doesnt mean I am a corporate sheep, I am mad That Marvel let this inferior movie slip by okay. I am mad tht Fox screwed up X Men 3. I am mad that Rattner was allowed anywhere near the set.I just Like Jones as Juggernaut. That was one of the few things I liked about the movie.Most of the rest I hated . I am anything but a corporate sheep okay. And eeven withe absolutley need CGI, they still need an actor to do the role. So your argument makes no sense. He is not impossibly sized, if you read the comics he's 6"10 which is smaller than Colossus in his armored form.

No no, you can like Vinnie Jones all you want. I wasn't saying that. I was saying that it really confuses me as to why they can blatantly get away with doing that and you'll take it.

Juggernaut cannot be realistically be played by any human, if we are going by what he is known as consistently in the comics. He's not Shadowcat size, he's much BIGGER in general than Colossus. His gerth is impossible.

Vinnie Jones in a voice role, I can't say I'd like, but it'd be better than having ACTUAL Vinnie Jones. They either should have had CGI Juggernaut or no Juggernaut. They didn't need him in the movie.

X-Men have the most fans and fanboys/girls of any Marvel franchise, no matter what they put out, it will make a LOT of money. EG; X-Men trilogy. They are Marvel's cash cows and kids the world over will always scramble to suck the milk from the udder, no matter how sour it tastes.

-AC

Impediment
I say the X4 villain ought to be Proteus, now that Moira MacTaggart has been introduced. BUT, after seeing the hidden scene at the very end of the credits, when we learn that Charles is still alive, but with his mind in another body, maybe the Shadow King will have some kind of role. I can hope, right?

Lighthammer
Okay I get what your say. Yes I agree that having CGI character and have Jones do the voice is better thanhaving Joes do it in a live role. I was confused when you first said you didnt want to have an actor but I get it know. Singer probably would have done that.

Alpha Centauri
Three is enough. Especially when the only decent one was 2, and that was cameo city full of plotholes.

-AC

thesithlord3
Originally posted by LanceWindu
You're wrong.
No im right *******

Scarecrow756
I think that the villain in X Men 4 should be Apocalpyse or Mr Sinister. Although It would be good if Juggernaut had a bigger role.

Alpha Centauri
Why? What bigger role could Juggernaut have had? He's a henceman, that's all he is. All he's ever been.

I'm starting to think that the only way it could have been worse is if some of the modern day X-Men fans directed it.

-AC

Lighthammer
I have to agree with AC. Juggernaut characteriscs are basically the definition for henchmen, superstrong, not that intelligent, does almost everything the main bad guy tells him without much question, he should never be more than a henchman.

White Reeper
night crawler

Impediment
Originally posted by White Reeper
night crawler

Shut up.

thorncrawler
Then don't have him. Don't say "CGI looks stupid!" and then have a ridiculous man in a suit who doesn't do the character ANY justice at all. They avoided CGI and the results were worse than ANY CGI Juggernaut. It was the modern day equal of Lou Ferrigno as Hulk.

Why do you want an actor with humour? Juggernaut isn't known for his massive depth and humour. He's a giant, impossibly sized, mystically empowered human.

I swear Marvel have it inside each of you. I've never seen a bigger collection of corporate sheep. You just lap it up.

-AC

right before you say anything i hated vinnie as cain, but...

as you said IN THE COMICS He's a giant, impossibly sized, mystically empowered human. how ever aside from us comic geeks if he had been empowered in the film they would have to do a juggs film to explain it to the common people instead make him a muttie and there everyone can understand his power or would you want a vinnie jones as the juggernaut film?????

mYsTiquE_DuDe
I would go for Apocalypse.He's a great evil...and it would be intresting that Magneto and Mr. Sinister work for him :P

thorncrawler
i think apoc would be to big for one film

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by thorncrawler
right before you say anything i hated vinnie as cain, but...

as you said IN THE COMICS He's a giant, impossibly sized, mystically empowered human. how ever aside from us comic geeks if he had been empowered in the film they would have to do a juggs film to explain it to the common people instead make him a muttie and there everyone can understand his power or would you want a vinnie jones as the juggernaut film?????

You're asking me if I would rather have a character changed, morphed and made to look like a steroid-induced YMCA reject to make it appeal to people going to see it as a Saturday night, popcorn flick, than have it depicted true and risk pissing off people who don't like the comics?

Gonna have to go with the last one.

-AC

thorncrawler
yeah but for a company they will want common people to enjoy the film and so famous actor and real looking juggs

Lighthammer
Cept I basically the only guy who knows who Viniie Jones is in my hometown,(Getting sick and tired of explaining to myfriends who he is), so except in Britain, not really famous. For thodse of you who don't Vinnie Jones is a former British soccer player who played for eam such as Leeds United, Chealsea, Wimbeldon, and Tottsham Hottspurr, played for the Welsh national soccer team, though born in England. After his carreer was over, he was approached by Guy Ritchie o be Lock Stock, And Two Smoking Barrels. After that success, he starred in Ritchies other film Snatch, in Gone In sIxty Seconds, Eurotrip, the British remake of the Longest Yard( cepwith soccer), and is set to play a Balkan dictator in an upcoming film. Still a little mad about what he did to Gazza( though I wasn't born yet) NUFC fans know what I am talking about. He is probably the most sucessful former athlete turned actor(in terms of talent)

Alpha Centauri
yeah but for a company they will want common people to enjoy the film and so famous actor and real looking juggs

I know this is a difficult concept to get your heads around, but I'll simplify it:

The only way to have a realistic looking Juggernaut is to have him as CGI, if of course you want him to actually look like he is meant to look. If they couldn't do that, they shouldn't have had him in it.

It's not like the "common" people are going to go there and think "Awww, where's Juggernaut!".

Cept I basically the only guy who knows who Viniie Jones is in my hometown,(Getting sick and tired of explaining to myfriends who he is), so except in Britain, not really famous. For thodse of you who don't Vinnie Jones is a former British soccer player who played for eam such as Leeds United, Chealsea, Wimbeldon, and Tottsham Hottspurr, played for the Welsh national soccer team, though born in England. After his carreer was over, he was approached by Guy Ritchie o be Lock Stock, And Two Smoking Barrels. After that success, he starred in Ritchies other film Snatch, in Gone In sIxty Seconds, Eurotrip, the British remake of the Longest Yard( cepwith soccer), and is set to play a Balkan dictator in an upcoming film. Still a little mad about what he did to Gazza( though I wasn't born yet) NUFC fans know what I am talking about. He is probably the most sucessful former athlete turned actor(in terms of talent)

He was a shit footballer though.

-AC

Lighthammer
Thats why he played dirty.

thorncrawler
The only way to have a realistic looking Juggernaut is to have him as CGI,

He was a shit footballer though.

-AC

yeah but people who don't know the back story will think that there isn't a problem with him, but if it had been CG they would think WTF and they blatently would have done him looking cr@p it was a simple real world juggernaut, simple is obviously missed on you! stick out tongue

and yeah he was sh!t

Alpha Centauri
yeah but people who don't know the back story will think that there isn't a problem with him, but if it had been CG they would think WTF and they blatently would have done him looking cr@p it was a simple real world juggernaut, simple is obviously missed on you! stick out tongue

and yeah he was sh!t

You aren't making any sense.

Why would they think "WTF"? It's a superhero movie, they're not going in expecting realism. When you've got a guy who has claws coming out of his hands, a really big man is probably the least of the worries.

I don't care if it was a real world Juggernaut. It's not a real world movie. It has a man who can control metal, a psychic and a girl who can walk through walls. If you have a real world anyone, then take away all their powers, because newsflash; It's a comic book movie. If they couldn't do Juggernaut in CGI, then don't f*cking have him in the movie.

-AC

thorncrawler
but they are all human (actors) why have one hunchman as a CG a complete waste of buget

soul self
I know Phoenix was in the 3rd one, but maybe they'll bring her back(either good or bad0 just to show her true powers.In this movie she mainly stood around watching and when she started controling everything she got killed....and by who....Wolverine...should Jean be the one to kill phoenix? Im lost i heard Jean doesnt die and Jean does kill the phoenix.Can anyone tell me what did or is suposed to really happen?Oh and yeah aside from phoenix apoclypes should be the nex villain.

thorncrawler
in the comic jean kills the pheonix in her psyce. wolvie killes her in the film, clarified for you?

soul self
yeah *sigh* i guess that will have to do.

He-guy88
i say apoco is gonna be in it but i might be wrong

systemshock2

I agree Lighthammer, Vinnie Jones was a good choice for Juggernaut. I was a little hesitant when the first pictures came out of him in that muscle suit, but as with anybody in a costume, it once again becomes so much more plausible once you see them in the action. The scene that solidified it for me was when he was ramming through the Worthinton lab walls one after the other. With the THX theater sound, that was incredible.

And yes I'm an X-Men fan, and I've collected a few comics here and now while watching the 90's cartoon show, and I didn't mind that he wasn't a 15 ft tall, 2 -ton monster in the movie. The studio in this case went with the easier route, a muscle suit, and it still worked for me and undoubtedly most of the regular viewing audience. It makes me wonder how some die-hard fans, who want each character to look 100% exactly like their comic counterpart, will react next year when the thin-framed Topher Grace interprets Venom. Would you allow it to work if Topher pulls off one hell of performance, or would you never even bother to like it because Topher isn't a hulking man like the comic-book Eddie Brock?

As for the next movie's villain, maybe with what happened with Xavier during that climatic scene at Jean's house Onslaught could've been born and began manifesting somewhere else, perhaps in that comatose body that was showcased early in the film. And yes I already know what happens after the credits, so that could help add more credence to that potential storyline. And I liked someone else's idea in a previous thread that Magneto could take over the school for his friend Charles, maybe in an attempt to thwart this new foe. Just some thoughts.

NoFate007
I'd say make the film about the return of Cyke, Xavier, and others - if you notice, they never "killed" them on screen, but it seemed as though their molecules dissipated. You could easily just say they were put in a sort of stasis or whatever. The film could also focus on a new breed of X-Men added to the crew, including Gambit, a reformed Psylocke (with the right powers this damn time), Havok, and such. While you're dealing with the return of the other characters (and throwing some out, like saying Kitty and Colossus are in a different sector of X-Men like X-Factor or whatever), you can deal with "the cure" wearing off on people like Rogue. Sinister could be involved in this cure thing somewhere and can be the main villain with some minors such as Juggernaut, Avalanche, and Quicksilver. At the end you can find out that Sinister is working for "a higher power".

NoFate007
The "higher power" would be Apocalypse, who would be the focus point of an X5 and an X6. X5 would focus on a sort of "King of the Mutants" type of thing going on where there are other groups besides the X-Men that want to get notoriety for being the elite basically. Some more cameos of course between people. At the end of that one, the X-Men are seemingly screwed and don't know what to do.

X6 deals with people coming back from the future - ala Cable and Bishop and such, that are sent to help the X-Men defeat Apocalypse and such.

Its a shame that it would be too hard to continue the whole government storyline, especially when you kill off characters like Gyrich without a moment's notice.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by systemshock2
I agree Lighthammer, Vinnie Jones was a good choice for Juggernaut. I was a little hesitant when the first pictures came out of him in that muscle suit, but as with anybody in a costume, it once again becomes so much more plausible once you see them in the action. The scene that solidified it for me was when he was ramming through the Worthinton lab walls one after the other. With the THX theater sound, that was incredible.

That doesn't mean he was a good choice, it means you enjoyed that scene. I don't see how the THX sound makes Vinnie Jones a good Juggernaut. Probably because it doesn't.

And yes I'm an X-Men fan, and I've collected a few comics here and now while watching the 90's cartoon show, and I didn't mind that he wasn't a 15 ft tall, 2 -ton monster in the movie.

I read the comics religiously throughout the early, mid and late 90s. I did mind that they ruined it. I guess that's where we differ.

The studio in this case went with the easier route, a muscle suit, and it still worked for me and undoubtedly most of the regular viewing audience. It makes me wonder how some die-hard fans, who want each character to look 100% exactly like their comic counterpart, will react next year when the thin-framed Topher Grace interprets Venom. Would you allow it to work if Topher pulls off one hell of performance, or would you never even bother to like it because Topher isn't a hulking man like the comic-book Eddie Brock?

You're missing the point. Eddie Brock could be considered an average man who does weight work. Topher could easily bulk up enough to look good. Tobey Maguire bulked up to a massive degree when compared to what he was, Topher could do the same.

However, if he transforms into Venom, do you think they're gonna have him as CGI or as Topher in a suit? Exactly, CGI, because Venom as a normal human actor would not work in the slightest. That said, Venom is closer to the size of a normal man than Juggernaut, so it's not out of the question. Juggernaut being played by Vinnie Jones was cheap and stupid. Totally different comparisons.

Modern day X-Kids will do anything to justify it.

-AC

systemshock2
I agree with what somebody else posted, that the main villain has to be somebody else than Magneto. As much as I love Magneto, this first "Magneto" trilogy was perfectly wrapped up at the end with the chess scene, mimicking the end of the first movie. Maybe Magneto can still be in it, but maybe as a smaller villain or something.

I'm still liking my idea of a reduced-incarnation of Onslaught, but I'm also liking Apocalypse. The only thing is how can he be presented while still being kept within the toned-down realism world of the X-MEN movies? And I also wouldn't mind seeing again Sabretooth, Nightcrawler, or Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut. Mystique getting further revenge on Magneto would be great too.

Alpha Centauri
I agree with what somebody else posted, that the main villain has to be somebody else than Magneto. As much as I love Magneto, this first "Magneto" trilogy was perfectly wrapped up at the end with the chess scene, mimicking the end of the first movie. Maybe Magneto can still be in it, but maybe as a smaller villain or something.

I'm still liking my idea of a reduced-incarnation of Onslaught, but I'm also liking Apocalypse. The only thing is how can he be presented while still being kept within the toned-down realism world of the X-MEN movies? And I also wouldn't mind seeing again Sabretooth, Nightcrawler, or Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut. Mystique getting further revenge on Magneto would be great too.

Sabretooth? The real one, or the one that looks like an unshaved hobo with all the vicious attitude of a house cat? Hopefully we see the one that almost killed Wolverine, not one that looks like he'll beg for change.

Also, why does it have to be toned down? It's a movie based on a comic, the point is escapism. If these directors are making the movies for people who will complain about lack of realism, then they shouldn't be making them. That's like going to see Spider-Man and saying "Nehhh, you can't climb walls."

-AC

A.J
There is no x men 4.

NoFate007
Oh and I forgot to add on mine that in X5, Apocalypse would create his horsemen, including changing Angel into Archangel.

systemshock2
Originally posted by NoFate007
Oh and I forgot to add on mine that in X5, Apocalypse would create his horsemen, including changing Angel into Archangel.

I like your ideas more and more NoFate. Apocalypse would be a worthy enough villain to make up for another trilogy. And sorry, I'm not to familiar with this particular subject, but in the comics what does Magneto think of Apocalypse?

NoFate007
As far as I know, Magneto isn't particularly fond of Apocalypse. He doesn't team up with him, and teams up with the X-Men to take him out, but I'm sure at some point they've teamed up since they always make the bad guys do that lol.

Another little idea that I would do is have more little cameos by people. Have like a scene where say, Gambit is at a bar talking to someone or meeting someone or whatever, and the singer is actually Dazzler or something. You know, little stuff like that.

Alpha Centauri
Ok, ok, I have to ask.

Have any of you read the comics? I don't mean that sarcastically, I'm genuinely curious.

-AC

Silverstein
the people that complain the most about the movies are usually the ones who read the comics.

i read a bit and get my xinfo from other sources as well [but i do accept some of the changes in the movies[

Alpha Centauri
I honestly stopped liking X-Men in any way when the movies vicariously started ruining the comics industry for long term fans.

Some of the most promising series' in years were cancelled because of X-Kids wanting 90 variations of X-Men. It was/is pathetic.

-AC

NoFate007
I think there's a problem on both spectrums. People that don't read the comics at all think things like "Juggernaut sucks, he got beaten by a wall". On the other hand, people that are die-hard fans of the oldest comics out there are the ones that can't accept change into modern pace. These are the people that think Dr. Octopus looked horrible in Spider-Man 2 because of the fact that he wasn't wearing a ridiculous green and yellow jumpsuit, or that Brainiac on Smallville is terrible because he's not a green alien in purple women's clothing.

Some movies are good, some movies are bad. We've seen with Batman Begins that if they stay true to the source material but update it, it can work very well, but then we've seen that you can't change them too drastically or you're just retarded (cough*Catwoman*cough).

Alpha Centauri
These are the people that think Dr. Octopus looked horrible in Spider-Man 2 because of the fact that he wasn't wearing a ridiculous green and yellow jumpsuit, or that Brainiac on Smallville is terrible because he's not a green alien in purple women's clothing.

There's a difference between a character being true to itself but looking slightly different, and it being a completely different character.

Doc Ock was great, because his character was spot-on. Juggernaut was shit because he looked like Avalanche and about as imposing as Richard Simmons. They changed Brainiac's story to the point that it's not the same guy really, there's a difference.

His character IS to be an imposing, impossibly sized mountain of intimidation. Personally I've never been a Juggernaut fan anyway, but the X3 Juggernaut was pathetic.

-AC

NoFate007
That's what I'm saying though. X3 didn't portray Juggernaut as powerfully as he should've been. The people that don't read the comics are going to assume that he's weaker than he's been for all these years. However, there are people that are so stuck in the comics that they can't even accept little differences. Have you ever heard of the people that were complaining about Tobey Maguire's eye color in Spider-Man? lol

systemshock2
However, there are people that are so stuck in the comics that they can't even accept little differences. Have you ever heard of the people that were complaining about Tobey Maguire's eye color in Spider-Man? lol

Are you serious NoFate, are there actually people out there complaining about his eye color. If you think that's bad, you should also check out Aintitcool's blogs. There were people there that wanted everything, and I mean everything, related to Juggernaut and the Phoenix incorporated into the movie in order to properly explain how they came into the movie. I'm talking from the Gem of Cyttorak to the Shi'ar and so on, lol.

RZA
I think after introducing both the cure for mutants, Moira and Angel. The logical choice should be Apocalypse and his 4 horseman including Angel turned into Archangel somehow.

Is there even gonna be a part 4? Thought I heard this was the last one.

Btw, couldn't help but overhear the Juggernaut argument.big grin I remember staring a thread about this on another board about who should play him long before the movie came out. It was a mixed bag of choices but the predominant choices were wrestler or CGI, although I think I remember someone specifically mentioning Vinnie Jones.

Juggernaut is my favorite from the x-men series and I was really hoping that they would portray him really well on screen, well I was disappointed and I echo the same sentiments of others here. I was really hoping they portrayed him as a more menacing and imposing force as well as touch on the relationship between him and Xavier. For those who felt Vinnie Jones was a good choice due to the fact that they needed someone who could act, how many lines did he have in the whole movie? I only remember 3. 'Are you gonna let me out of here, I gotta pee!', 'How are we suppose to get across? I don't swim', and my favorite 'Don't you know who I am, I'm the Juggernaut *****!' laughing I gotta admit the few lines he had were funny and delivered well but come one, seriously anyone could have said those lines.

All that being said he still could've been a good choice but they needed to have bulked him up more through CGI or the opposite of what they did with the Hobbits in LOTR. I remember one scene where he stands next to Magneto and they're almost the same in height. The suit was a joke and either laziness or budget constraints on the part of the director or the production company. I love the way he was recruited by Magneto so easily too. Sure I'm in. Just like that , no questions asked.

Anyway, I still loved seeing one of my favorite comic book characters portrayed on the big screen albeit not how I would've wanted it but it was still really cool and enjoyable to see nonetheless. The scene with him barreling through everyone and busting down walls really rock hard. Go Juggs! Btw, Do we know what happens to him in the end? I didn't see him die like those other bad mutants. Is it possible he's still alive too?

systemshock2
Perfect post RZA. Objective and yet not berating. =)

Originally posted by RZA
The scene with him barreling through everyone and busting down walls really rock hard. Go Juggs!

Wasn't that awesome RZA? Damn that looked so sweet. That was one scene I looked forward to ever since seeing it from the trailers. And I don't know about you, but in my theater the sound was wtf turned up loud, so when he smashed into those walls...it was so sweet.

RZA
^^Yeah that really was sweet! I remember getting really excited and almost jumping out my chair!

Btw, I like your Home Movies sig, whatever happened to that series?

systemshock2
Originally posted by RZA
^^Yeah that really was sweet! I remember getting really excited and almost jumping out my chair!

Btw, I like your Home Movies sig, whatever happened to that series?

Thanks RZA. Walter and Perry were two of my favorite characters from the show. I had heard that it was unfortunately canceled in 2004. I don't know if it's still running in reruns on CN since I no longer have cable, but of course the DVD's of the four seasons are out.

The Pict
Juggernaut is NOT a henchman. He is one of the strongest marvel characters just portrayed badly in x3.

NoFate007
Are you serious NoFate, are there actually people out there complaining about his eye color. If you think that's bad, you should also check out Aintitcool's blogs. There were people there that wanted everything, and I mean everything, related to Juggernaut and the Phoenix incorporated into the movie in order to properly explain how they came into the movie. I'm talking from the Gem of Cyttorak to the Shi'ar and so on, lol.

Totally serious. People at one point were genuinely PISSED that the eye color was off. It was ridiculous. They were like "does it really cost that much to change it with CGI?" The only one of these types of things that I actually agree with is that Daniel Craig is blonde in Casino Royale. That is just laziness I think. It costs how much for a bottle of hair dye? 10 bucks tops? lol. I think a million+ budget can afford 10 bucks. But yeah, I've ran into a couple people that were upset that Cyttorak wasn't in X3. I guess these people would throw out all realism 100% and have Magneto wear purple boxers over red underarmor lol.

spencerspider
Apocalypse

Sludge
Apocalypse. The only problem I have is how they translate the character himself. Apocalypse is generally unstoppable, his power levels are something none of the X-Men could hope to touch, but it's also true that he hasn't gotten the grasp of every ability he has, which could be the "reason" the X-Men, inferior as they are, manage to topple him in a film...

Otherwise, I'm just not buying it. In the comics, he made Magneto look like a school girl.

x-fetish
Originally posted by mYsTiquE_DuDe
Apocalypse definately!

could we also have it like in x-men evolution were rogue is the one that brought him down cus my girl needs more props.

systemshock2
Originally posted by Sludge
Apocalypse. The only problem I have is how they translate the character himself. Apocalypse is generally unstoppable, his power levels are something none of the X-Men could hope to touch, but it's also true that he hasn't gotten the grasp of every ability he has, which could be the "reason" the X-Men, inferior as they are, manage to topple him in a film...

Otherwise, I'm just not buying it. In the comics, he made Magneto look like a school girl.

I've noticed that with the Ultimate line of Marvel comics, it's pretty much Marvel's attempt at either modernizing or downsizing the heroes and villains to make them fit into the realism of a movie world. With that in mind, has anyone seen how Apocalypse has been interpreted in the Ultimate line? If so could someone explain it? Maybe that interpretation could work?

The Pict
im reading ultimate x men in volumes ( because i am behind and only started this year) and in vol. 9 he appears but only to mr sinister. So i think he is gonna just explode onto the comics without much backstory, which could work for a movie apocalypse.

West
Yeah! Apocalipse must be in the next movie, but turn back Jean Gray, Mystiq & ThornCrawler

zslick
**** i say omega red sinister!!!

willRules
At first I thought Apocalypse would be a good idea for x4 but then I realised that the X-men and brotherhood would have to team up to defeat him, and it would be too much like X2. So I say the next bad guy should be sinister and he should have met Xavier in the past, which will cause tension between him and Charley big grin

NoFate007
Not necessarily for an Apocalypse take-down. If you look at how I had a set up earlier, you could bring in Cable and Bishop. Didn't Cable kill Apocalypse in a storyline? He could be one of the essential mutants in the destruction of Lypsy boy lol.

willRules
Not necessarily for an Apocalypse take-down. If you look at how I had a set up earlier, you could bring in Cable and Bishop. Didn't Cable kill Apocalypse in a storyline? He could be one of the essential mutants in the destruction of Lypsy boy lol.

Cable only destroyed his incorporeal form and even that wasn't permanent like the latest X-men storyline shows............

I think if Apocalypse was in it, they should have the plot similar to the X-men legends 2 game storyline. I thought the plot wasn't too bad for a game smile

chucktaylor
It was a good fresh start. I agree.

NoFate007
Oh I thought Cable destroyed Apocalypse like fully. I didn't read that comic.

Well they can take some liberties lol.

zonmoy
mr sinister in order to bring back scott and jean who of course should either be working for or a member of the hellfire club.
He could also make both nate and rachel summers.

HellMaster93
The X4 villain should be Ratner... the enitire thing should simply feature ervery sensible human being, lead by Byan Singe f**k it, charging after that bastard!

Kritish
They said they weren't going to make another, they should keep there word.

The Pict
no they shouldn't cos' we'll get crappy, random spin-offs instead.

X-MEN:Cerebro
It shouldn't be Striker.

willRules
Oh I thought Cable destroyed Apocalypse like fully. I didn't read that comic.

Well they can take some liberties lol.

yes Yeah he should have destroyed completely as Cable has always been destined to do so. It would be a feasible storyline IMO smile

HellMaster93
Originally posted by Kritish
They said they weren't going to make another, they should keep there word. yes Indeed!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.