Aquaman Vs. The Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
The fight takes place on dry land...Aquaman's been out of water for quite awhile...

The Thing believes Aquaman's responsible for his gal Alecia Masters being injured in the hospital...and he's plenty pissed!!!!! Aquaman tries to convince him he's not responsible, but Thing's not gonna buy his story!!

"O.k. tall, orange, and ugly...I've tried to reason with you, but since you just don't want to listen, I guess I'm gonna have to get rough...." shouts Aquaman...

"Bring it on Blondie, cause it's CLOBBERIN' TIME.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

THE EVER-LOVIN' BLUE-EYED THING

VS.

THE KING OF THE SEVEN SEAS.....AQUAMAN

batdude123
Aquaman mind-rapes Thing. Game over.

Darth Martin
Say it again my man.
He could dance with him if he wanted to.
Mindrape him like batman123 said.
Or put some abra-kadabra on his ***.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by batdude123
Aquaman mind-rapes Thing. Game over.

Why does everybody say this??? This is the basic response to everything involving Aquaman! How exactly does this "mind raping" work? How long does it take to do? Will Aquaman have time to do this with a raging Thing pounding his face into puddy?? How does Aquaman perform this ability? What's to stop the Thing from turning Aquaman into a pretzel and pulling his legs and arms off?? Someone please explain this to me..... sad

batdude123
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
Why does everybody say this??? This is the basic response to everything involving Aquaman! How exactly does this "mind raping" work? How long does it take to do? Will Aquaman have time to do this with a raging Thing pounding his face into puddy?? How does Aquaman perform this ability? What's to stop the Thing from turning Aquaman into a pretzel and pulling his legs and arms off?? Someone please explain this to me..... sad

He would use his telepathy to render Thing motionless. Mind-rapping is just a term used to say that one character would defeat another by TP.

Comicbook_kid
But I thought his telepathy only worked on sea-life based organisms or creatures that lived in the ocean?!? And would he have time to do it with a VERY enraged Thing trying to seperate his head from his shoulders? How powerful is his telepathy? Would it be effective against the Thing when he's fighting mad?

batdude123
But I thought his telepathy only worked on sea-life based organisms or creatures that lived in the ocean?!? And would he have time to do it with a VERY enraged Thing trying to seperate his head from his shoulders? How powerful is his telepathy? Would it be effective against the Thing when he's fighting mad?

It would be very effective towards Thing, he's used it on other super powered guys. Anyways, the comics are based on evolution (whether you believe in it or not, that's what they're based on), so for that matter, humans evolved from sea creatures and there ya go! big grin

Lucid Lui
Why does everybody say this??? This is the basic response to everything involving Aquaman! How exactly does this "mind raping" work? How long does it take to do? Here's the mind rape:
1. http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2841/go2017tn.jpg
2. http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7430/go2028cn.jpg

It's a valid way for Aquaman to win, but very boring way to debate. Especially considering Aquaman doesn't need any TP powers to beat Thing.

Will Aquaman have time to do this with a raging Thing pounding his face into puddy?? How does Aquaman perform this ability? What's to stop the Thing from turning Aquaman into a pretzel and pulling his legs and arms off?? Someone please explain this to me..... sad Aquaman is just as strong as Thing, if not stronger and durable as hell. No way is Thing pulling his legs and arms off.

Aquaman has more than enough strength and durability to slug it out with Thing, and win. That coupled with the rest of his abilities gives him a vast majority over ol' blue eyes.

Darth Martin

He's been upgraded. He has limited telepathy. No where near MM or Prof.X but is probably on level of Jean Grey(non pheonix).

Comicbook_kid
Cool....Thanks for the info and the neat scans!!! Appreciate it!!! wink

cheap cabbage
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Here's the mind rape:
1. http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2841/go2017tn.jpg
2. http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7430/go2028cn.jpg

It's a valid way for Aquaman to win, but very boring way to debate. Especially considering Aquaman doesn't need any TP powers to beat Thing.

Aquaman is just as strong as Thing, if not stronger and durable as hell. No way is Thing pulling his legs and arms off.

Aquaman has more than enough strength and durability to slug it out with Thing, and win. That coupled with the rest of his abilities gives him a vast majority over ol' blue eyes.

No argument on the telepathy, but Aquaman is a class 35-50. Thing is pushing class 100 by now. He isn't as durable either. Aquaman can't take thing in hand to hand combat. Granted, aquaman would crush thing in any number of other ways (damn magic hand), but thing is a big rock. Aquaman breaks his good hand.

Darth Martin
I thought AM lifted an UW city block I thought he was 100 class.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by cheap cabbage
No argument on the telepathy, but Aquaman is a class 35-50. Thing is pushing class 100 by now. He isn't as durable either. Aquaman can't take thing in hand to hand combat. Granted, aquaman would crush thing in any number of other ways (damn magic hand), but thing is a big rock. Aquaman breaks his good hand. Aquaman's got strength feats that are easily on the Thing's level. He taken hits from many of the top tier strength characters. He's more than durable enough to slug it out with Thing for a fair while. That coupled with his speed and fighting ability is more than enough to beat Thing. The hand and TP just give Aquaman a vaster majority.

Darth Martin
What I thought.

Grimm22
Hmm, who knew Aquaman was such a badass wink

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Grimm22
Hmm, who knew Aquaman was such a badass wink

roll eyes (sarcastic)

He's not...

The THING wins!

8/10

He-guy88
if its aquaman with magic hand then he takes it cause it heals mutations now while i know that thing is not a mutant his body mutated when him and the rest of the f4 went to space

so if its aquaman with the magic hand
then aquaman 10/10
otherwise i say aquaman 8/10

He-guy88
now with out the hand

he can with stand the greastest of pressurs witch make him veary veary durable even able to take gun shots his strength is great but i think he wouldent reliy on it not on land (it would help alot) his speed and reflexes would be at an enhanced level enough out of water that i think that would be the biggest part of his stragity oh and his telapathy powers would be of great use

and people say aquaman sucks i laugh at them

he wins 8/10 at least

Psyquis52
I've never said Aquaman sucks. I know he's a bad@#$. I've seen what he can do...

Hand to hand (no toys, no telepathy) Thing wins 7/10 - 8/10
Aquaman as he is now wins 7/10

branhole
isnt aquaman in the 100 classand he has way more powers than thing.

He-guy88
Originally posted by Psyquis52
I've never said Aquaman sucks. I know he's a bad@#$. I've seen what he can do...

Hand to hand (no toys, no telepathy) Thing wins 7/10 - 8/10
Aquaman as he is now wins 7/10

some people say it though but him now would be with the hand so that means he wins 10/10 cause once he takes things powers their gone

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by branhole
isnt aquaman in the 100 class Technically. In the sense that he can lift over 100 tons. But alot of people, myself included, don't see the class system the way that Marvel set it out. Class 100 is reserved for the real top tier strength characters. Cosmic strength level characters (Superman, Hulk, Thor etc.). Class 90 are more earth based strength (Wonder Man, Namor etc.). And so on down the classes. I have both Thing and Aquaman at about class 75 in this scale.

But that's just the way i see it.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Technically. In the sense that he can lift over 100 tons. But alot of people, myself included, don't see the class system the way that Marvel set it out. Class 100 is reserved for the real top tier strength characters. Cosmic strength level characters (Superman, Hulk, Thor etc.). Class 90 are more earth based strength (Wonder Man, Namor etc.). And so on down the classes. I have both Thing and Aquaman at about class 75 in this scale.

But that's just the way i see it.

BTW I love your Deviant Art stuff man. I've always been a big fan of the site.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Psyquis52
BTW I love your Deviant Art stuff man. I've always been a big fan of the site. Thanks. Yeah, it's a great site. I need to update more though.

batdude123
Aquaman's got a magic and TP, nuff said. Aquaman 10/10.

Glimmerone
Aquaman used to be 60tons strength, that was before the upgrade. Now it seems that he in addition to getting a magic water hand, is now using his telepathic powers in greater range and volume. He could always do lots of things with his telepathic power, it just wasn't brought out in many of the comics that he could do so.

He's a bit stronger now, and just as someone mentioned earlier, the comics are base partly or mostly on evolution, also with magiks and some creation. That's what aquaman has done, evolved somewhat by getting more in touch with his partly water-based heritage and its earthly mystic background, he has increased in power, endurance, strength, reflexes, speed and he's tougher. All of these attributes of his were already very impressive, to a degree where he could battle the heroes who in terms of power, were top tier without getting owned or dominated but still would lose decisively everytime(it being clear that he is not as strong) without using his telepathic abilities. Now however, he is more powerful, with strength that appears to be low-level class 100 on average, with it becoming even greater when he is exposed to water.

If you are not superman, captain marvel, martian manhunter, orion, wonderwoman, supergirl or powergirl, you really wouldn't want to battle Aquaman physically. Those are about the only superheroes(any others on their level physically) who out rank aquaman in strength(he's probably as durable as a couple of them I name and maybe a little more tougher physically than one of them) or he not that far off from a couple of them physically.

He-guy88
Originally posted by Glimmerone
Aquaman used to be 60tons strength, that was before the upgrade. Now it seems that he in addition to getting a magic water hand, is now using his telepathic powers in greater range and volume. He could always do lots of things with his telepathic power, it just wasn't brought out in many of the comics that he could do so.

He's a bit stronger now, and just as someone mentioned earlier, the comics are base partly or mostly on evolution, also with magiks and some creation. That's what aquaman has done, evolved somewhat by getting more in touch with his partly water-based heritage and its earthly mystic background, he has increased in power, endurance, strength, reflexes, speed and he's tougher. All of these attributes of his were already very impressive, to a degree where he could battle the heroes who in terms of power, were top tier without getting owned or dominated but still would lose decisively everytime(it being clear that he is not as strong) without using his telepathic abilities. Now however, he is more powerful, with strength that appears to be low-level class 100 on average, with it becoming even greater when he is exposed to water.

If you are not superman, captain marvel, martian manhunter, orion, wonderwoman, supergirl or powergirl, you really wouldn't want to battle Aquaman physically. Those are about the only superheroes(any others on their level physically) who out rank aquaman in strength(he's probably as durable as a couple of them I name and maybe a little more tougher physically than one of them) or he not that far off from a couple of them physically.

agreeded but i was under the impresion that with his hand he not only does not need to return to the water but he is just as tough out of water as he was under water all though without his hand he was way stronger and all that stuff under water then is that still how it works

Glimmerone
Before, he was 60 tons out of water and stronger when he went back in the water. Before, although he wouldn't right out dehydrate, since he's half human, half ancient ocean based human he would get weaker little by little over time, not be his average and eventually would desire to return back to the water and need to in order to feel normal or be at his peak when it comes to his powers. Now, with the hand he doesn't need to return to the water to be as powerful as he is in water. Also, now he is no longer in the 60ton class, he is stronger on average, a low-level class 100 and when under water he still gets/becomes stronger.

He basically went from 60ton class to low-level class 100, with a water hand that in addition to everything else it does, makes it so that he doesn't need to return to the water for nourishment or to be at his peak. However when in water, he becomes stronger than he already is, probably going from being a low-level class one hundred, to being at most around mid-level class one hundred. All of this increase is because of his getting more in touch with who he really is, his earthly-mystic water based evolved heritage.

He-guy88
Originally posted by Glimmerone
Before, he was 60 tons out of water and stronger when he went back in the water. Before, although he wouldn't right out dehydrate, since he's half human, half ancient ocean based human he would get weaker little by little over time, not be his average and eventually would desire to return back to the water and need to in order to feel normal or be at his peak when it comes to his powers. Now, with the hand he doesn't need to return to the water to be as powerful as he is in water. Also, now he is no longer in the 60ton class, he is stronger on average, a low-level class 100 and when under water he still gets/becomes stronger.

He basically went from 60ton class to low-level class 100, with a water hand that in addition to everything else it does, makes it so that he doesn't need to return to the water for nourishment or to be at his peak. However when in water, he becomes stronger than he already is, probably going from being a low-level class one hundred, to being at most around mid-level class one hundred. All of this increase is because of his getting more in touch with who he really is, his earthly-mystic water based evolved heritage.

ok thank u thats wat i thought but i belive his dad was a mystic also not atlantian but a mystic and his adopting parent was a navy diver that help train him its all in the 4 part mini series with his brother

UniOmni
Um, Aquaman may have his rare feat, but i'd put him squarely at class 50ish at most. Spiderman held up part of the daily bugle....Doesn't make him class 100.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by UniOmni
Um, Aquaman may have his rare feat, but i'd put him squarely at class 50ish at most. Spiderman held up part of the daily bugle....Doesn't make him class 100. Aquaman has plenty of other strength feats to go with the block lifting. Check 'em out in the Aquaman Respect Thread.

Darth Martin
Yes, yes indeed he does.

Grimm22
Originally posted by batdude123
Aquaman's got a magic and TP, nuff said. Aquaman 10/10.

Pretty much stick out tongue

Then again Aquaman can beat a TON of people.

Its just that people undderate him so much

He-guy88
as a matter a fact he could beat the x-men all by him self just because he could take their powers from them then take them cause he still has his now wolve would have his claws but if used he would bleed to death big grin

Grimm22
Originally posted by He-guy88
as a matter a fact he could beat the x-men all by him self just because he could take their powers from them then take them cause he still has his now wolve would have his claws but if used he would bleed to death big grin

Aquaman can take down an entire freakin army of Wolverines stick out tongue

Of course the Wolverine fans are going to say, but he stabbed Namor, a scene which DEFINES PIS

He-guy88

Of course the Wolverine fans are going to say, but he stabbed Namor, a scene which DEFINES PIS

yeah wait till they see this they will go crazy

Grimm22
yeah wait till they see this they will go crazy

Seriously if DS knew that he couldnt beat Aquaman then what the hell is Wolverine going to do? confused

He-guy88
Seriously if DS knew that he couldnt beat Aquaman then what the hell is Wolverine going to do? confused

ah man i cant wait till one gets on here so i can see wat they write

big grin im all about the water heros here big grin
Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance

He-guy88
i was wondering how much aquaman can lift for sure not in lower 100s iknow but does anyone no like an exact

Big Sexy

Dude,lets not talk about fanboys whistle

Grimm22
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Dude,lets not talk about fanboys whistle

Your calling me a fanboy? What the f**k?

Im not saying that Thing can beat Aquaman here now am I? wink

Big Sexy
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t403583.html
Dude, all I'm saying is lighten up on the wolverine fanboys. I happen to be a fan of wolverine(not fanboy) and its really bad when people on these forums put them down yet they really are no better.

He-guy88
well back to basics aquaman takes this 9-10/10

Big Sexy
well back to basics aquaman takes this 9-10/10
Yeah, pretty much

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.