Thank You, Brett Ratner

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
He proved my faith in him once with Red Dragon, taking over the Hannibal Lecter series and staying close to the path made by Silence Of The Lambs. Now, he's followed the blueprint left by Bryan Singer ( who better pull off Superman Returns), and we have an entertaining and still thoughtful movie like the other X-Men. To all the stuck-up haters, take a look at it's opening weekend box office - 4th highest in history, best ever for Memorial Day weekend. The Mutants still rule.

The Phantom
Originally posted by roughrider
He proved my faith in him once with Red Dragon, taking over the Hannibal Lecter series and staying close to the path made by Silence Of The Lambs. Now, he's followed the blueprint left by Bryan Singer ( who better pull off Superman Returns), and we have an entertaining and still thoughtful movie like the other X-Men. To all the stuck-up haters, take a look at it's opening weekend box office - 4th highest in history, best ever for Memorial Day weekend. The Mutants still rule. People only saw it thinking it was going to be good.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by The Phantom
People only saw it thinking it was going to be good.

Which it was. icon5

The Phantom
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Which it was. icon5 Disagreement.

thorncrawler
i thought it was in interesting way of telling the pheonix tale, x4 the conclusion will be interesting

InnerRise
Ummmm it's still expected to break other records by Monday, so I'm thinking that includes people who are seeing it becaue it actually is a good movie.

is it comprehensible.....

roughrider
I did this to be contrary to all the foul-mouthed Ratner hate threads. Some won't even see the movie? Too bad.

cain marko
it was great he did a great job.

Darth Vicious

I agree, Most people went thinking it was gonna be good after all Xmen 1 was good, 2 was better this sone was just ok. So Thanks Brett Ratner for messing up the X-men, U must be related to Joel Schumancher.

roughrider
OK is better than terrible, which is my description of Schumacher's hackery on Batman Forever and Batman & Robin.

The Phantom
Originally posted by roughrider
I did this to be contrary to all the foul-mouthed Ratner hate threads. Some won't even see the movie? Too bad. I have nothing against Ratner because, well, I don't even know the person. But what he did to the movie just upsets me.

Arahan
just watched the movie........
omg.......

sorry but it was ridiculious bad.
so many mistakes and even more mutants.

Alpha Centauri
The only accolade I can give it is that it wasn't as bad as Fantastic Four.

...but is that really an accolade?

-AC

Pezmerga
Daredevil was worse than F4.

Alpha Centauri
Hahaha, funny.

Not by comics standards it wasn't. Nothing they did to the characters of Daredevil were worse than what they did to the Fantastic Four and Dr. Doom.

-AC

Pezmerga
By Acting standards it was!

Alpha Centauri
I don't know...Ioan Gruffudd and Jessica Alba?

-AC

Grimm22
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Which it was. icon5

Good not Great wink

Icicle
I thought it was brilliant, very well done!
There were a few little things that I didn't like, but thats to be expected with a comic movie

Scarecrow756
I went into the film with very low expectations and when I came out I was very impressed. I believe that Ratner has carried on Bryan Singer first two very well but adding more action and his personal style to it, I hope he comes back to make X Men 4 if it does happened.

Alpha Centauri
So you have to go in expecting it to be bad for it to be good?

Is there such a lack of sense that you can't see how badly you're making excuses?

-AC

Marvel-knight
hey i really enjoyed it i hope they will make an other one. looking foward to the wolverine movie too

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.