Green Street Hooligans DVD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ViolentCalm
I was renting movies earlier today and i saw a poster for the movie Green Street Hooligans. Its the one with Elijah Wood who plays a wrongfully expelled Harvard undergrad who moves to London, where he is introduced to the violent underworld of soccer hooliganism. I've been waiting for this movie since last year. It had a REALLY limited U.S. release which really pissed me off evil face

Anyone manage to catch this in theatre's?

Christina_2006
Not really. Is the movie good?

C-Dic
DVD is out 6/13, BTW.

jaden101
crap film...football factory and ID are far better films about the same subject

dills
great flick

Dusty
DVD forum.

Deano
good film but i agree with jaden. check out 'football factory' and 'I.D'

http://www.theatredesign.org.uk/despix/josa1.jpg

http://staging.yourscene.nl/images/library/The%20Football%20Factory.jpg

http://www.cartelmania.com/images/c/14001500/141211.jpg

gshkris7272
Originally posted by Christina_2006
Not really. Is the movie good?

i thought it was pretty good. and it made it all that much better with charlie, and elijah wood.

IdleTwilight
I thought green street was great. Certainly my favorite soccer film. Haven't seen Football Factory but it looks good as well.

I will most likely buy the Green Street Hooligans movie when it comes out on DVD in the US just because it was such a great movie. I really don't buy all that many dvds anymore these days either.

Prinny
I agree with Idle, it is a great movie. Hmm... I haven't seen FF or ID either, so I can't really judge, but yeah, I really enjoyed watching Green Street Hooligans. Can't believe the DVD release is tomorrow! About time too, I've been waiting for quite some time for this to come out on DVD.

C-Dic
I read that "Football Factory" doesn't have the depth that "Green Street Hooligans" does. I loved GSH, personally, and plan on renting the other soon.

Deano
you will enjoy football factory. its more realistic than gsh

ViolentCalm
Originally posted by IdleTwilight
I thought green street was great. Certainly my favorite soccer film. Haven't seen Football Factory but it looks good as well.

I will most likely buy the Green Street Hooligans movie when it comes out on DVD in the US just because it was such a great movie. I really don't buy all that many dvds anymore these days either.

I recently purchased the Green Street Hooligans DVD and i liked it a lot. I havent seen any other sports films, let alone soccer films, so GSH was very entertaining to me. Im completely hooked to World Cup right now so this movie came out at the perfect time :P

Oh, and Go Italy!

Deano
football factory is a lot better! go rent it

Pervert
Man, I loved this movie. Sadly, I just bought it recently. XD I bought it though, and that's all that matters. Gotta say this is one of my recent favorites, I just can't get enough of this movie. It's probably World Cup fever, ha ha. Ah... Elijah Wood and Charlie Hunnam really made this movie what it is too... their acting was just superb. Nothing beats watching Elijah Wood throw a few punches.

IdleTwilight
I just saw football factory and while I think it's a good film the movie Green Street Hooligans has just a much better story to it. I think a problem with modern films is they try to hard to be deep and layered and it just comes off as contrived. Green Street Hooligans has a simple story but a great story similar to classic movies. Thats what I really enjoy about it. BTW have you seen the vmix contest for GSH? If you're a fan of the movie it's something worth checking out.

Bicnarok
It was ok, apart from the Hooligans gangleaders false cockney accent.

It was also too "americanised" ie aspects of it were chnged to appeal to a US public. Very unrealistic from a British point of view.

Plus the story towards the end was daft.

Hooligans is the best hooligan film, so much black humour, brilliant

rockycairns
I bought it the other night it isnt that good ok in parts Geoff Bell steals the show though

Check out

The Firm - 1988 - Brilliant Hooligan Film from the Director of Scum and Made in Britain stars Gary Oldman, Phil Daniels and Steve "Phil Mitchell" McFadden

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.