Proffesor X

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cain marko
Ok when i was watching this film i couldnt help but notice that Poff X's character was wierd. he seemed to be kinda rude. what you guys think?

oh also , yet i am not so sure, did xaviers psche create an alter ego in the comics?

steverules
If u mean onslaught then yes.

cain marko
then couldnt he be the contributing bad guy to the second? who is to say that it was charles after the credits?

The Pict
what about cassandra nova? Is she a clone or somethin'?

cain marko
cassandra nova? ?????????

The Pict
yeah the "great psychic" she has recently appeared in astonishing x men. i am quite new to comics so i don't know when she first appeared but i first saw her in new mutants: E for etinction where she is refered to as xavier's genetic twin ( then he shoots her in the head but she's still kicking around)

steverules
Not a clone, his sister

The Pict
really? was she kept seperate from charles and cain throughout their childhood?

steverules
Yh I am 100% positive that she is his sis.

http://www.mutanthigh.com/cassandra.html

The Pict
'kay thanks i didn't know all that stuff

steverules
No prob wink

The Pict
Originally posted by cain marko
Ok when i was watching this film i couldnt help but notice that Poff X's character was wierd. he seemed to be kinda rude. what you guys think?

oh also , yet i am not so sure, did xaviers psche create an alter ego in the comics?

recently xavier is being portrayed as having a darker side. Astonishing x-men shows that xavier trapped a sentient being in the danger room computer.

subgenius
IIRC, didn't Xavier spend about five or ten issues as a bad guy villain way back in the X-Men storyline? I mean super way back, like fifteen years ago or more. It is not clear in my mind anymore, and I do not have an X-Men collection anymore to go and look at to see for myself.

I recall that Xavier began to appear in his astral form as a golden armored villain... He attacked the X-Men and someone else? Man I wish I had my comic again. I cannot recall how they resolved that situation. I thought for sure that it was after the John Bryne era, and before Paul SMith took over as the artist full time... way back before Adams.

masterkit
I thought Professor X was being very rude! He made me mad

The Pict
not the same ol' charles we used to know

Fiann@
I thought he was normal until Jean came back, and then he was understandably more stressed and perhaps a little rude. wink I think they were just showing that he has a darker side, like in Astonishing when the Danger Room asked him "They don't have the slightest idea of who you are, do they?" and then he says "I like to think that Jean knew, Knew and understood".

Perhaps it is a reference to that, like he repressed the Danger Room in the comics and did the same to Jean in the movies. I'm sure that he actually helped her when she was in the mental hospital, with mental blocks and stuff.

The Pict
true enough but i gotta work now so see you all later.

cain marko
Originally posted by masterkit
I thought Professor X was being very rude! He made me mad

ditto. i mean he was really abbrupt with scot i didnt se any consolation! and in that lesson he was teaching he was really bias

masterkit
yeah defiantly

H. S. 6
Originally posted by cain marko

The professor is an assho|e. yes

systemshock2
I never really saw him as being rude in most scenes, like the classroom scene or when he's talking to Storm about Scott. I did really get that feeling though when he was talking with Wolverine, and IMO it came more out of stress than anything. Charles knew exactly what Jean was capable of and Wolverine didn't, so when Logan berated him about what he did to Jean (it was probably more out of his love for her than rationality) Charles rightfully retorted that he didn't have to explain to him why he did what he had to do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.