Qui-Gon Jinn vs. Ki-Adi-Mundi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Council#13
Alrighty, we have Qui-Gon fighting a fellow respected Jedi. Both are in their prime, and the setting is the Naboo fields where Anakin tricked Padme into thinking he was dead. Those big bull things are also around. The two start fifty feet apart. Who wins this battle?

General Kon-El
Qui-Gon Jinn

darthsith19
I agree. Qui-Gon was said to have rivaled Mace Windu. Mundi's good but not good enough to rival Windu, not even TPM Windu. I also think Qui-Gon would do better against Grievous than Mundi did.

DarthBanevv
Yeah, Qui-Gon pwns!

True Fox
Qiu-Gon owns him badly. Ki Adi Mundi is probably one of the worst pt jedi masters in terms of combat. He was way more of a diplomat and was only on the council for his wisdom.

Motoko Sama
Originally posted by darthsith19
I agree. Qui-Gon was said to have rivaled Mace Windu. Mundi's good but not good enough to rival Windu, not even TPM Windu. I also think Qui-Gon would do better against Grievous than Mundi did.

"...was said to" - Sadly enough, he doesn't.

Qui-Gon got owned by Darth Maul, even while unleashing "a ferocity not seen before" - if those are the supposed "skillz" that rival Windu then it's pretty laughable.

And, it's doubtful Windu went from rivaling someone < the Boogeyman (WWE) to being the duelist he was in AOTC.

Badly? LMAO.

Ki isn't a bad swordsman. "Worst in combat"? Proof for that absurd assertion? He stood up to Grevious, and actually put up a fight against the clones he was commanding.

Oh yeah, and that's Grevious who tools the shit out of Jedi and Jedi Masters alike.

For either swordsman it'll be a very tough fight. There will be no "owning" or "pwning" or "WTFpwning" or any other synonyms for the terms.

And, aren't you banned, Blak? Get away.

True Fox
Mundi got completely owned by clones, I mean he couldn't even deal with about 6 of them in ROTS. He also got completely owned by Grievous and any combat decent jedi would at least put up a fight. I mean a decent force push is all that is needed to defeat Grievous, so Mundi was either an idiot or just not strong enough with the force. And my ban is none of your concern Mokoto so how about you 'get away'.

Motoko Sama
Originally posted by True Fox
Mundi got completely owned by clones, I mean he couldn't even deal with about 6 of them in ROTS.

I must've dreamt the whole "suprise attack" bit of Order 66, eh? And, Ki managed to turn it around. I guess Aayla Secura blows, too (she probably does, but not in that way).

TPM Obi-Wan put up a better fight against Maul one-on-one!

Really. I guess Adi Gallia, among numerous others suck because Grevious killed them, too.

And, Ki at least lived.

Ha. No.

darthsith19
Qui-Gon did not get owned, he put up a very good fight. And Qui-Gon in his prime did rival Mace. Mace got so much better cause he finished developing Vaapad.

Motoko Sama
Qui-Gon did not get owned, he put up a very good fight. And Qui-Gon in his prime did rival Mace. Mace got so much better cause he finished developing Vaapad.

Maul jump-kicked Qui-Gon - knocking him down, and pushed him away with his saber all while defending against Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon did what exactly? Give him the People's Elbow?

But, I mean he didn't get owned. He just died within 30-31 seconds exactly from the time the energy doors opened to his death. And he was attacking - as I've said - with a "ferocity never seen before", but I supposed that doesn't imply going all out, or anything of the sort.

Please.

But, alas I guess TPM Windu would fall to Maul too then? Hardly.

True Fox
TPM was about 13 years before ROTS, And Mace hadn't mastered Vaapaad at the time so I doubt he would be able to defeat Maul.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Motoko Sama
Maul jump-kicked Qui-Gon - knocking him down, and pushed him away with his saber all while defending against Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon did what exactly? Give him the People's Elbow?

But, I mean he didn't get owned. He just died within 30-31 seconds exactly from the time the energy doors opened to his death. And he was attacking - as I've said - with a "ferocity never seen before", but I supposed that doesn't imply going all out, or anything of the sort.

Please.

But, alas I guess TPM Windu would fall to Maul too then? Hardly.
Qui-Gon did almost kill him when he knocked him off the catwalk and then he is driving Maul back and almost had Maul when the enrgy walls went up. It was very close. Maul was almost killed. Sure it wasn't as close as Anakin vs. Obi-Wan but it was close. Mace vs. Maul is unknown, we really don't know alot about TPM Mace.

Motoko Sama
Qui-Gon did almost kill him when he knocked him off the catwalk and then he is driving Maul back and almost had Maul when the enrgy walls went up. It was very close. Maul was almost killed.

He knocked him down once, and Maul blocked his strike and managed to kick him right in the noggin again. Afterwards, he continued to block and dodge Qui-Gon's strikes.

And refresh me - where did Maul look like he was in defeat when they approached the energy rays, hm? When he was blocking Jinn's attacks perhaps? Or dodging them?

Yet when Qui-Gon attacked with everything he had, it wasn't enough to stop Maul.

It really wasn't that close.

Maul was defending against two Jedi, and still managed to constantly knock them back. When Jinn was isolated from Kenobi - when Maul had the chance to take it to offense - he got ran through in 30 seconds. Jinn's offensive is good, but his defense seems to be lacking.

Either way for the actual match Jinn probably takes it, but not as easily as you people are insisting.

darthsith19
It was close, the novel states that Qui-Gon almost had Maul when the energy doors closed. Qui-Gon in his prime could probably beat Maul. This fight is Qui-Gon in his prime, you know.

Motoko Sama
This fight is Qui-Gon in his prime, you know.

And?

Makes sense, doesn't it?

Pfft. Anyways, as I said - Qui-Gon takes it, but does not own.

DePWNZOR
I agree. It would be tough. Mundi is no pushover, he didn't die to Grievous unlike many others....that has to count for something. No a force push isn't "all thats needed to beat Grievous". Obi-Wan Force pushed him. but that didn't kill him did it? Mundi's good.

Darth Acheous
qui-gon is a great jedi. he put up a fight against a sith lord.sith lords are very carefully chosen because there are only 2 at a time. jedi just go around the galaxy saying hm. your force-sensetive come with me. so on average the sith better than most jedi. that makes jinn superior over many jedi.
ki adi did survive a fight against greivous who was trained by sith and probaably would have taken dookus place if he had the force.so really this is a battle with greivous and maul.maul jumps alot and is quick greivous doesn't have the greatest reflexes cuz he couldn't block obi wans shot. so this gos to ki adi

Motoko Sama
Originally posted by Darth Acheous
jedi just go around the galaxy saying hm. your force-sensetive come with me.

Lol.

What?!

What?!

Xepeyon
It was close, the novel states that Qui-Gon almost had Maul when the energy doors closed. Qui-Gon in his prime could probably beat Maul. This fight is Qui-Gon in his prime, you know.

You sure? I heard that Qui-Gon got at a disadvantage in that small area because of his Ataru style. Ataru needs a lot of room to display properly, and when Maul lured Qui-Gon into the power core room, Ataru was less effective because it was so aggressive, and less defensive. So I thought Jinn would have had a better chance if he stayed in the open area.

Great Vengeance
I agree with MS. Qui gon takes it after a difficult fight.

overlord
Hahaha!! Qui-Gon Jinn lost to Maul with his stupid Ataru, even padawan Obi Wan can beat that random sith lord! I'd imagine other jedi masters to have at least more skills than padawan Obi Wan and waiting-for-death-Maul. Qui-Gon is overrated and shouldn't even have had a padawan!! Whahaha!!!

Swirly Girl
Qui-Gon would have a DorDorDORODORODOODOODODODORDORDORDORDORDORODORDORD
ORDORDORDORDORDORDORORDORDORDORDRDORDOORDORDORDORD
ORDORDORODODORODORODODRDROD.

overlord
Since when are you so hilarious? What happened, you smoked a dooby today?
ROOBY DOOBY DOOO!!!!

jollyjim311
Qui-Gon is simply a better Jedi and has a solid win over Mundi.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Xepeyon
You sure? I heard that Qui-Gon got at a disadvantage in that small area because of his Ataru style. Ataru needs a lot of room to display properly, and when Maul lured Qui-Gon into the power core room, Ataru was less effective because it was so aggressive, and less defensive. So I thought Jinn would have had a better chance if he stayed in the open area.
I'm sure.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.