Great Video Game Deaths

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pressure
I have not seen a great video game death maby you guys have. Tell me what are they.

Scorpion_Master
Super Mario Bros 1

ninja

SaTsuJiN
great as in gory?.. or in dramatic?...

for drama I would have to say the death of sniperwolf in metal gear

Spartan005
Echo 419 in Halo sad

Scorpion_Master
Yes i know the death Of Metroid prime and birth to Dark samus

ninja

DarkC
Tassadar.

Thunder Fox
Fenix

KMC Dark Lord
Originally posted by DarkC
Tassadar.

Smasandian
Barney (over and over and over)

Ushgarak
Tassadar's death WOULD have been good if it had actually helped. As it is, it achieved bugger all- the Zerg seemed to go on more powerful than ever, proceeding to destroy both Protoss homeworlds.

KMC Dark Lord
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Tassadar's death WOULD have been good if it had actually helped. As it is, it achieved bugger all- the Zerg seemed to go on more powerful than ever, proceeding to destroy both Protoss homeworlds.

Both? The ending cut scene for the 'toss campaign in bw shows how Artanis and Zeratul use the crystals to eradicate all the zerg on Shakuras (THe Dark Templar homeworld.) When do the Zerg destroy them both?

Thunder Fox
wait taassadar died when

Impediment
Aeris from FFVII

DarkC
Originally posted by Ushgarak
The overmind serves as pretty much the central brain; all the cerebrates are connected to it. Kerrigan simply took over from it when her opponents didn't think that there would be something/someone powerful enough to control all the zerg into the single-minded Swarm of before. By destroying the overmind, Tassadar bought them some breathing space.

thorncrawler
gory wise mortal kombat rules with a spine in hand

DarkC
It's "Great" videogame deaths. Not "Bloodiest" video game deaths.

Thunder Fox
The overmind serves as pretty much the central brain; all the cerebrates are connected to it. Kerrigan simply took over from it when her opponents didn't think that there would be something/someone powerful enough to control all the zerg into the single-minded Swarm of before. By destroying the overmind, Tassadar bought them some breathing space. tassadar survived that the first mission of brood wars was to find him

DarkC
Originally posted by Thunder Fox
tassadar survived that the first mission of brood wars was to find him
What the f**k?

No, it was escape from Aiur.

Thunder Fox
wow i need to replay starcraft no expression

DarkC
And Tassadar is most definitely dead.

I think you're thinking of Fenix.

Thunder Fox
fenix died at the end of zerg campign in brood war i dunno i will replay starcraft this week

DarkC
Fenix died toward the end of the Brood War Zerg campaign.

So did Duke. I never liked that arrogant a-hole.

Thunder Fox
yes duke was arrogent bastard i didn't like whats his name the one who left kerrigen to die

ESB - 1138
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
great as in gory?.. or in dramatic?...

for drama I would have to say the death of sniperwolf in metal gear

For drama I have to say Aeris from Final Fantasy VII. I did not see that coming. I was getting ready to throw the controller to the ground.

For glory I would have to say Sephiroth. Watching him die after all he put your threw after seeing Omnislash for the first time when you were getting ready for what you thought would be the hardest boss of the game.

soren
Emma Emerich from Metal Gear Solid 2

Thunder Fox
The Boss, and The End from MGS3

IcePunk
Originally posted by soren
Emma Emerich from Metal Gear Solid 2
Originally posted by Thunder Fox
The Boss, and The End from MGS3
bawling

When Tidus and Auron died (FF X, and no, I'm not gay)
Poor Yunie sad

Thunder Fox
they die? haven't beaten it yet

Tallis
When Uther the lightbringer died. Or When Grom died. When aerith dies. When Axel in Kingdom Hearts dies. just to name a few

IcePunk
oooops embarrasment spoiler

ESB - 1138
Originally posted by IcePunk
bawling

Poor Yunie sad

Play FF X2 for a happy ending.

MadMel
laughing out loud.....
sad death-aeris's death..
herioc death-grom hellscream..
spectacular death-andariel, diablo 2
....hmm....thats all i can think of...

Onikirimaru
Ada Wong's "death" in RE 2. The one where she's hangin off the edge, not the other one.

DarkC
Hellscream's was definitely up there. Faced his demonic lethargy, killed his adversary with a single blow of his axe. Freed his entire race.

Orcs and Demons

Lana
bawling

Poor Yunie sad

They don't die....either you've not completed the game or you just totally missed what was going on in the ending.

Though technically Auron was dead during the entire game as he was killed 10 years before while fighting Yunalesca, when he and Jecht were Braska's guardians.

Originally posted by ESB - 1138
Play FF X2 for a happy ending.

That kinda screws up the ending of FFX, as far as Tidus is concerned.

KingDubya
Aeris in FFVII (very tragic)
Ned White in Gun (the sudden revelation that he isn't Colton's father was intriguing)
Gawn in Wild Arms 4 (shooting down 10 missles using two pistols was pretty awesome to see)

Superboy Prime
Sofia's death in Xenogears was dramatic and very important to the plot.

Teta's*chuckle* death rides the same road as Sofia's.

Same can be said about Zack's...

However IMO the best death in VG is Aerith's. It was dramatic; had perfect timing; the main bad guy got rid of her right before the protagonist and it set the tone for the rest of FFVII.

NineCoronas
Yoshimo in BGII, Fenix in Starcraft BW, hmm... Atton in KOTORII RP.

Clone
Aeris from Final Fantasy 7 smile

Rampant ox
I was gutted when Auron evaporated to the farplane in FFX. I know it isnt really a death but oh well. However Sin looks pretty cool when you beat him.

IcePunk
Still as good as dying IMO and Lana it was quite a while since I played through it.
Auron was already dead and Tidus was "only a dream of the faiths" but it's not presicely the same thing as being farplane dead. erm

Oh well, here's another bunch of sad deaths I remember.

Krauser (RE4)....he was cool, I'm gonna miss him sad.....nah just kidding, that guy was an *******.

Grey Fox (MGS)..........sad

Liquid Snake (MGS).......so sad sad

Ganondorf (Wind waker) he seemed so sad in that game sad

Pressure
Originally posted by ESB - 1138
For drama I have to say Aeris from Final Fantasy VII. I did not see that coming. I was getting ready to throw the controller to the ground.

For glory I would have to say Sephiroth. Watching him die after all he put your threw after seeing Omnislash for the first time when you were getting ready for what you thought would be the hardest boss of the game.

I do not play the final Fantasy Games as much as I here they are good.
Anyway how does he die.

killerbeast911
SEE WITH MARIO HE DIES BUT SOMHOW HE ALWAYS COMES ALIVE I GUESS ITS GOOD IN A WAY

grey fox
Kevin and Jim's ending in outbreak .

IcePunk
Originally posted by killerbeast911
SEE WITH MARIO HE DIES BUT SOMHOW HE ALWAYS COMES ALIVE I GUESS ITS GOOD IN A WAY Stop capsing mad

Bloigen
Thomas Magruder from Gun

JToTheP
The Boss in MGS3
Max's wife in Max Payne (even though it IS the reason for the game)
Any death scene in RE4 (Pretty horrific stuff)
Tomb Raider:Legend (the FIRST TIME I accidently died, it made me say "ohhhhh SHHHHIIITTT"wink
Stella, Fenimore in Tales Of Legendia
Mary in Silent Hill 2 (That entire game had me by the throat, and even when I found a plot analysis afterwards. I had to read the entire thing, it was just so great)

That's all I can think of right now.

killerbeast911
Stop capsing mad

why

Dusty
Definatley Grey Fox in MGS.

Koala MeatPie
Walking into the Hanger Without your EVA suit in Space Quest.... 1... EGA.... off the 5.5 inch Floppies...

http://tmd.alienharmony.com/rw/

MadMel
Originally posted by Dusty
Definatley Grey Fox in MGS.
hmm...oh forgot about him...ya that was a great death..

IcePunk
why Would you like to be called a noob for capsing? No one likes it.

Edit : stupid question

DarkC
SEE WITH MARIO HE DIES BUT SOMHOW HE ALWAYS COMES ALIVE I GUESS ITS GOOD IN A WAY
no expression

Scorpion_Master
no expression shock

ninja

grey fox
Vergils 'death' in DMC3

Were we supposed to feel sad about Luis's death in RE4 ? Because I laughed....

nano_probex
Luis Seras in RE4s death was GREAT! Watching the little worm die. ^^;

But in terms of a sad death, I'd say: Probablly Aeris.

Scorpion_Master
Minesweeper.... Its so sad..no expression1234

ninja

IcePunk
hysterical

BlaxicanTroller
YEah Fenix's death in BW was pretty llame..Tassadars si up there to.

Let's see...erm...

MadMel
aeris is definately one the the best...

Scorpion_Master
Originally posted by Scorpion_Master
Minesweeper.... Its so sad..no expression1234

ninja What i said 1234

ninja

SaTsuJiN
Cyan seeing his wife and daughter board the ghost train to the afterlife in FF6, after kefka poisoned the water in his hometown

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.