Can a Green Lantern will himself too...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Accel
If a Green Lantern had enough will, could he...

-Break Wonder Woman's Lasso of Truth?

-Stop a charging Juggernaut?

-Lift Thor's hammer (assuming he's not worthy to lift it in the first place)?

-Avoid Darkseid's Omega Effect?

lilnutta12
no
no/maybe
no/maybe
no way

Mr.V
1. No
2. Maybe (top tier lanterns might be able to)
3. No
4. Meh...unsure

Avalonofthewind
1 - No, No amount of willpower can break the embodiment of truth.
2 - Yes, Juggs has been stopped by less. Not sure how long it will last though.
3 - Tricky question. The GL him/herself would not be able to lift it, but as non living things can, they can probably wrap it in an energy fields to use it.
4 - Thought really hard about this one. You'd probably need a top tier lantern , with prep to truly keep himself in existence. For 99% of the time, NO.

Great questions though.

Accel
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
3 - Tricky question. The GL him/herself would not be able to lift it, but as non living things can, they can probably wrap it in an energy fields to use it.
4 - Thought really hard about this one. You'd probably need a top tier lantern , with prep to truly keep himself in existence. For 99% of the time, NO.

Great questions though.
With the hammer, I actually mean can he grab it by the handle and lift it?

I think anyone can technically lift the hammer by lifting whatever it's laying down on (such as a metal platform).

Accel
Here's a few others. With enough willpower, could a Green Lantern...

5. Look at Medusa without turning into stone?

6. Withstand Black Bolt yelling as loud as he could right into his ear?

7. Run as fast as the Flash?

Crease
1. What Avalon said
2. Yes. No force on EARTH can stop the Juggernaut. The power of Oa is obviously not from earth, so yeah it stops him.
3. No. Not even by wrapping something around it. The U.S. goverment has dug a crater around the hammer trying to move it with all sorts of machinery. So apparently Odin's enchantment works even on non-living things controlled by the unworthy.
4. Don't personally know enough about Darkseid and The Omega effect. Also, are you asking could they block it with shielding or just dodge it?

Sam Z
no
no
no
no
sorry...

Crease
Originally posted by Accel

Great thread. smile

5. I'm not aware of a Medusa in comics other than the Inhuman. If you're speaking of the Medusa from Greek mythology, the answer is no. I think Medusa's turning a person into stone is sorth of mystical. Cusred by the Gods type of thing. So unless the ring can reverse enchantments, then no.

6. Not right into his ear. They could probably shield themselves though. I've seen them contain explosions of incredible force.

7. Don't know enough about the speedforce. From what others have told me though, the answer would be no.

He-guy88
If a Green Lantern had enough will, could he...

-Break Wonder Woman's Lasso of Truth?

-Stop a charging Juggernaut?

-Lift Thor's hammer (assuming he's not worthy to lift it in the first place)?

-Avoid Darkseid's Omega Effect?

id say no to slim chance on those but u did say if they had enough will power to do those things and that means yes to all the ring can do anythig they will

Wally West
How about, could a Green Lantern with enough will power match Hulk strength for strength the angrier Hulk got.

He-guy88

like i said for the other things anything they can will and sence they have enough will power yes

and btw the speed force no longer exists

meaning all who drawed from it no longer can run super fast only normal now

He-guy88
GL can do anything with his ring as long as he has enough will power

Darksaint
Look happened when a GL got the full power of Oa!!!

IMO, IF a GL had ENOUGH access and enough willpower, they can do anything.

But if it's just on willpower alone, then yes on Juggernaut, no for the other 3.

He-guy88
Originally posted by Darksaint
Look happened when a GL got the full power of Oa!!!

IMO, IF a GL had ENOUGH access and enough willpower, they can do anything.

But if it's just on willpower alone, then yes on Juggernaut, no for the other 3.

kyle has unlimited power in his ring to get it to its best u have to recharge but it never runs out now if he was the one with the willpower to do these things no prob

complexbrother
the question is that with enough will, what could a green lantern do ?

the awnser is with enough will ...anything, that is the function and power of the ring.

Lethal_Rise
The ring only has 2 limits. it must be recharged, and can only do what the wearer's imagination will do.

He-guy88
Originally posted by Lethal_Rise
The ring only has 2 limits. it must be recharged, and can only do what the wearer's imagination will do.

big grin Kyles dont have to be recharged big grin

Lethal_Rise
well, then it only has 1 limitation then.

batdude123
Originally posted by He-guy88
kyle has unlimited power in his ring to get it to its best u have to recharge but it never runs out now if he was the one with the willpower to do these things no prob

Well, Kyle couldn't break Wonder Woman's lasso because it's powered by the source. There's no way in hell Kyle could overpower the ultimate supreme being in the DCU considering he made a plan for Kyle billions of years ago just like he did for everybody else.

He-guy88
Originally posted by batdude123
Well, Kyle couldn't break Wonder Woman's lasso because it's powered by the source. There's no way in hell Kyle could overpower the ultimate supreme being in the DCU considering he made a plan for Kyle billions of years ago just like he did for everybody else.

well all im saying with his ring and enough willpower he could do all of those things im not saying kyle could do it normaly but their giving him enough willpower on this tread

batdude123
well all im saying with his ring and enough willpower he could do all of those things im not saying kyle could do it normaly but their giving him enough willpower on this tread

Nobody has enough will power to do that, not even Lucifer the Source's son could do that with a GL ring. Either the Source would laugh at anybody trying to outdo him with a GL ring, or he would just shut off the power to that ring, period.

He-guy88
Nobody has enough will power to do that, not even Lucifer the Source's son could do that with a GL ring. Either the Source would laugh at anybody trying to outdo him with a GL ring, or he would just shut off the power to that ring, period.

yes i understand that but this tread says if a gl has enough willpower

batdude123
yes i understand that but this tread says if a gl has enough willpower

If a GL had THAT much will power (more than the ultimate supreme being, which is impossible if I might add), then the Source wouldn't even risk it. He would just plain and simple shut off the power to the GL ring.

He-guy88
If a GL had THAT much will power (more than the ultimate supreme being, which is impossible if I might add), then the Source wouldn't even risk it. He would just plain and simple shut off the power to the GL ring.

while in agreement with some of that im not the one that made this tread so take it up with them about the willpower thing

He-guy88
the part im in disagrement with is shuting kyles ring down because its not apart of the corps anymore its his

now its not all that hard to belive that he would be able to do that to the norm kyle but not one with that much will

batdude123
while in agreement with some of that im not the one that made this tread so take it up with them about the willpower thing

I know, I'm just saying even with as much will power as anybody can possibly muster, there still just a tiny TINY fraction of the Source.

batdude123
the part im in disagrement with is shuting kyles ring down because its not apart of the corps anymore its his

now its not all that hard to belive that he would be able to do that to the norm kyle but not one with that much will

roll eyes (sarcastic) The source is litterally anything and everything in the DC Mulitiverse. He controls EVERYTHING. That includes Kyle's ring, regardless if it's his or not. Kyle becoming Ion was a direct plan that the Source set out for Kyle BILLIONS of years ago, nobody and nothing is above the source. no Kyle would get blinked out of existence if he even tried to say that he could defeat the source.

He-guy88
(more than the ultimate supreme being, which is impossible if I might add)

well i said a norm kyle would go down but like it is stated many times kyle has enough willpower witch even without being ion makes him a god with that ring now im not talking elder god i mean the one above all who created all live kind of god

batdude123
(more than the ultimate supreme being, which is impossible if I might add)

well i said a norm kyle would go down but like it is stated many times kyle has enough willpower witch even without being ion makes him a god with that ring now im not talking elder god i mean the one above all who created all live kind of god

What the f**k? You're a sad strange little man aren't you? Jesus, that made absolutely no sense at all. What the hell are you talking about? The Presence/the Source is litterally anything and everything, he is the supreme being and nobody can possibly be above him. Not Ion, not even the entire DC Multiverse put together because he is in complete control of it. If he wanted to, he could litterally destroy what we know is DC, and recreate a different Multiverse. Kyle being above the Source is a completely rediculous thing to say. The Source controls the power of the rings, he controls the fifth dimensional imps, he controls the tenth dimensional imps, he controls Superman's heat vision, he controls EVERYTHING! Nobody is above his power, NOBODY! Kyle is a tiny little spec of a germ on the ass of the Source. laughing

Big Sexy
What the f**k?
Kyle, god

Grimm22
Only one of these that Hal could do here would be to stop Juggernaut wink

complexbrother

Her lasso isn't powered by the source, it 's powered by the olympian gods. (really one of 'em, Athenia the goddess of truth and wisdom)
Wonder Woman's lasso has been broken b4 a couple of times.

once by Solomon Grundy.

once by the king called Rama Kahn, he had the power to literaly become his nation.

Ares did it once.

batdude123
Originally posted by complexbrother
Wonder Woman's lasso has been broken b4 a couple of times.

once by Solomon Grundy.

once by the king called Rama Kahn, he had the power to literaly become his nation.

Ares did it once.

Yeah, and Wonder Woman has down it before as well. So? What's your point? Now, the lasso is backed by the Source, you know, the supreme being in the DC Multiverse. Nobody's breaking that lasso now.

superkronick92
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind

Great questions though.

didnt bizzaro break the lasso

Accel
Okay, here's some more. Could a Green Lantern gather enough willpower to...

8. Survive Zatanna saying "Neerg s'nretnal daeh edolpxe."

9. Beat Superman Prime at armwrestling?

10. Beat Reed Richards fair and square at chess (assuming he had average intelligence before he became a GL)?

11. Remain as strong or stronger than the Hulk, no matter how pissed he became?

12. Replicate the Infinity Gauntlet?

13. Kill Lobo and keep him dead?

14. Stop a charging Trion Juggernaut?

He-guy88
before the hole source thing (not just kyle all gls)
gls can do whatever they want with enough willpower thats wat the rings power is not gls can only do certin things with enough willpower

Lethal_Rise
Okay, here's some more. Could a Green Lantern gather enough willpower to...

8. Survive Zatanna saying "Neerg s'nretnal daeh edolpxe."

9. Beat Superman Prime at armwrestling?

10. Beat Reed Richards fair and square at chess (assuming he had average intelligence before he became a GL)?

11. Remain as strong or stronger than the Hulk, no matter how pissed he became?

12. Replicate the Infinity Gauntlet?

13. Kill Lobo and keep him dead?

14. Stop a charging Trion Juggernaut?

8. No
9.highly doubtit
10.No
11.yes, as long as he focuses
12.fuq no
13. no
14.Yes

batdude123
before the hole source thing (not just kyle all gls)
gls can do whatever they want with enough willpower thats wat the rings power is not gls can only do certin things with enough willpower

Not against the Source bud. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.