Harry Potter Movie Mistakes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Phantom
First off, I will like to say didn't come up with idea originally, I found it in the X-Men Forum and thought it was an interesting thread so I decided to make one here. Now, this is a forum where we all get to have fun and point out mistakes made in the movie. Such as in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets where I believe it is the second time Harry sees Dobby, you can see the orange ball that is suppose to be Dobby in Harry's glasses or some of the things between book and movies that were mistaked that happened.

P.S. I have used the search thread and found no similar forums to this. If there is one, I'm deeply sorry but I didn't see it. Now, let the discussions of mistakes, begin!

Denniz234
in the philosophers stone movie harry swaps the side he is sittin on after the sorting ceremony

zac_j
in sorceror's stone harry is not supposed to see quirrell die, so he shouldn't be seeing the flying horses in ootp. he would have seen them in the second book.

Esaul
In the Goblet of Fire with the he said she said stuff

Prince Nauj
Books that are made into movies are never going to be the same. get it into your thick heads people stick out tongue

Esaul
True. Like with LOTR's, they possibly can't have EVERY single detail.

scurran
Originally posted by Prince Nauj
Books that are made into movies are never going to be the same. get it into your thick heads people stick out tongue

this thread isnt about what they left out, its about mistakes in the film, like: that kind of stuff

Opaleye92
huh, i never noticed some of that stuff, cool! I don't pay that close attention to movies, i just stare at the screen, eat popcorn, and hope i remember to pick up more popcorn, and not bite my own hand off! I'll have to watch the movies again! laughing

Barker
Originally posted by Esaul
messed

maham
Originally posted by Esaul

It had no mistakes.

-Tired Hiker-
Originally posted by zac_j
in sorceror's stone harry is not supposed to see quirrell die, so he shouldn't be seeing the flying horses in ootp. he would have seen them in the second book. I think it's if you see someone you care about die, hence Cedric.

Barker
Originally posted by zac_j
in sorceror's stone harry is not supposed to see quirrell die, so he shouldn't be seeing the flying horses in ootp. he would have seen them in the second book.
That's movie Crap. Harry doesn't see him die in the books.

Blame Columbus.

-Tired Hiker-
Originally posted by Barker

Blame Columbus.

Whether Harry saw Quirrel die or not, it wouldn't make him see the flying horse thingies. I'm pretty sure it has to be that you see someone you care about die. That's why Neville could see them, cuz he saw his parents die, I think. Luna could see them because she saw her mom die, I think. And Harry could see them since he saw Cedric die in book four.

The Phantom
Someone check the book!

x_hp_fan
I think Neville saw his grandpa die. Not his parents, his parents are in St. Mungo's Blah, Blah, Blah.

Yes, I just checked the book, it was his grandad. But it doesn't say that you have to care about the person that you see die. All it says is that you have to see someone die to see the thestrals.

-Tired Hiker-
Originally posted by x_hp_fan
I think Neville saw his grandpa die. Not his parents, his parents are in St. Mungo's Blah, Blah, Blah.

Yes, I just checked the book, it was his grandad. But it doesn't say that you have to care about the person that you see die. All it says is that you have to see someone die to see the thestrals.
I must have hallucentated it . . . my bad. embarrasment

x_hp_fan
Originally posted by -Tired Hiker-
I must have hallucentated it . . . my bad. embarrasment

Wasn't it your first time reading the book? You can't memorize everything it says.

I've read it 2 times already and I'm on my 3rd (although I think I'ma stop) that's the only reason I know what it says. I've read it more than once. (it's one of my favies)

goddess_susu
In The Chamber of Secrets
during the quidditch game with the crazy bludger
*Harry brakes right arm (if I remember correctly)
*ketchs snitch wit left and falls to the floor
*when bludger comes back for him he rolls
and sits up USING BOTH HANDS
*after hermione distroys bludger and camera goes back to Harry
the broken hand (which was just holding him up)
is laying on Harry's lap

thething91
IN THE SORCERERS STONE HARRY DOES SEE QUIRREL DIE BUT IT'S NOT ENTIRELY QUIRREL IT'S ACTUALLY VODLEMORT TOO, AND AFTER PART FOUR GOBLET OF FIRE HARRY SAW CEDRIC DIGGORY DIE AND FURTHER MORE CAN NOW SEE THE HORSES, U GOT TO READ THE BOOKS A FEW TIMES TO PICK THIS INFORMATION UP, I AT LEAST READ ALL FIVE 5 TIMES, AND READ 6 TWICE.

Raven Guardia
Originally posted by Denniz234
in the philosophers stone movie harry swaps the side he is sittin on after the sorting ceremony

I noticed that too and pointed it out to my family laughing out loud

Barker
Originally posted by thething91
IN THE SORCERERS STONE HARRY DOES SEE QUIRREL DIE BUT IT'S NOT ENTIRELY QUIRREL IT'S ACTUALLY VODLEMORT TOO, AND AFTER PART FOUR GOBLET OF FIRE HARRY SAW CEDRIC DIGGORY DIE AND FURTHER MORE CAN NOW SEE THE HORSES, U GOT TO READ THE BOOKS A FEW TIMES TO PICK THIS INFORMATION UP, I AT LEAST READ ALL FIVE 5 TIMES, AND READ 6 TWICE.
Originally posted by Barker

Blame Columbus.

allofyousuckkk
ha! I've read each book a good 30+ times (no life)(except for 6, ive read that 8x)

To see a thestral you have to see somebody die. He doesn't see anyone die before Cedric. He became unconcious before Quirrel died.

"He felts Qurirrell's arm wrenched from his grasp, knew all was lost, and fell into blackness, down...down...down..."

"I arrived just in time to pull Quirrell off you (ohh....a mistake, it should be off of you)"

-Tired Hiker-
Okay, I noticed another mistake in the second movie, I don't know if you guys have already pointed this out somewhere else in this forum, but how does the 'flying car' show up outside of the train station when Harry and Ron miss the Hogwart's Express??? Last we saw, it was at the Burrow. The gang used floo powder to get to Diagon Alley . . . confused

allofyousuckkk
thats true^^^*ponders*

at the end of the first movie, ron says he has an erection

(when hermione and ron are on the steps, and harry comes out of the hospitol wing)

turn the volume up ppl

Diamonds
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
thats true^^^*ponders*

(when hermione and ron are on the steps, and harry comes out of the hospitol wing)

turn the volume up ppl REALLY?! I must check that out...

Denniz234
ive gotta check that out lol

maham
Originally posted by -Tired Hiker-
Whether Harry saw Quirrel die or not, it wouldn't make him see the flying horse thingies. I'm pretty sure it has to be that you see someone you care about die. That's why Neville could see them, cuz he saw his parents die, I think. Luna could see them because she saw her mom die, I think. And Harry could see them since he saw Cedric die in book four.

Jo Row said that u can only c those horses when the death 'sinks in',n it wud only happen when he'll lose some1 REALLY close 2 him like Sirius so that's y he didn't c them in the 2nd book or after seein all those deaths.

Diamonds
thats true^^^*ponders*

turn the volume up ppl Oh my God he does laughing out loud

The Phantom
Originally posted by Diamonds
Oh my God he does laughing out loud IT WAS ON LAST NIGHT! I missed it.... dammit! Why don't I own the movie!

Opaleye92
thats true^^^*ponders*

turn the volume up ppl

eek! laughing omg, that is sooo messed up, he does

scurran
i didnt hear ron say that he (ron) had an erection, i just heard, "he has an erection"

allofyousuckkk
i read an interview when she explains he never saw quirrel die, and he couldn't have his parents deaths sink in because he didn't understand what he had seen. you don't have to be close to someone who dies. "sinking in" does not imply you knew the person, it implies you realize what had just happened. I'm sure of it. I just reread the 5th this week.

Opaleye92
i read an interview when she explains he never saw quirrel die, and he couldn't have his parents deaths sink in because he didn't understand what he had seen. you don't have to be close to someone who dies. "sinking in" does not imply you knew the person, it implies you realize what had just happened. I'm sure of it. I just reread the 5th this week.

yes

baby_ash10
Originally posted by l.saratn

yeah plus they messed the world cup up and where was DObby the whole time or winky and dobby was suppossed to give the herbs to harry not nevile and snape was caught talking to that guy in class not at the yull ball hormine dress was blue not pink and snape accussed harry of stealing the potion in classs also !!!there is so much moore and they never even brought up hermonie being asked to go with krum in the summer

The Phantom
Originally posted by baby_ash10
yeah plus they messed the world cup up and where was DObby the whole time or winky and dobby was suppossed to give the herbs to harry not nevile and snape was caught talking to that guy in class not at the yull ball hormine dress was blue not pink and snape accussed harry of stealing the potion in classs also !!!there is so much moore and they never even brought up hermonie being asked to go with krum in the summer All that stuff is good, but lets try and stick a little bit towards mistakes made in the movie that doesn't revolve so much around he books. I dunno if anyone posted this one, but in the second movie when Hermione is seen brewing the polyjuice potion, turning this time her arm was broken and her you can see her cast(Sp?) I believe. Someone go and comfirm that for me.

spanglerr
ok guys, well here something to think about. Why cant harry see the thesterals from the very begining?? because you need to see someone die, and he sees his mom die.

cpa_parkcity
Cool stuff. I never had noticed those things before.

maxman1180
Originally posted by scurran
this thread isnt about what they left out, its about mistakes in the film, like: that kind of stuff

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.