Colossus vs Sebastian Shaw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoopdogg
These two tussled awhile back and Sebastian got the better of Colossus. But that was before Colossus knew how Shaws power works. Maybe we'll get to see a rematch in the latest arc of Astonishing X-men.

Who wins?

badabing
Does Shaw have to release the energy he absorbs within a certain amount of time like Strong Guy ?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by badabing
Does Shaw have to release the energy he absorbs within a certain amount of time like Strong Guy ? I'm not sure.

badabing
IMO, Colossus should be able to overload Shaw and outlast him.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by badabing
IMO, Colossus should be able to overload Shaw and outlast him. I was thinking he could just grab him around the kneck and choke him out. I think that would work.

badabing
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I was thinking he could just grab him around the kneck and choke him out. I think that would work.
Yeah. He may be even able to snap Shaw's neck before he can absorb any energy from Colossus.

General Kon-El
Colossus wins. However, not easily. How far do they start off?

snoopdogg
There is a limit to the amount of energy he can absorb.

Powers : Absorbs kinetic energy or electricity into his body, immunizing him to most forms of physical injury while converting it into raw power that increases his strength and resilience. His body has an upper limit of energy it can metabolize, sending him into a coma if it is surpassed.

Mider
he was overloaded though by storm wasnt he?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Mider
he was overloaded though by storm wasnt he? Yea I think she did. It was awhile back.

Colossus tossed him into a lake one time and he exerted all of his energy to swim out.

Lucid Lui
Colossus wins, but it's good fight.

And i'm looking forward to seeing it in Ast. X-Men
1. http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/7062/astxm01531wf.jpg

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Colossus wins, but it's good fight.

And i'm looking forward to seeing it in Ast. X-Men
1. http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/7062/astxm01531wf.jpg Dude wtf is that?

Where did you get it?

Lucid Lui
Dude wtf is that?

Where did you get it? A page of an upcoming Ast. X-Men issue. #15 i think. Got it from a Joe's Friday column on Newsarama a couple of days ago.

Looks good eh?

snoopdogg
A page of an upcoming Ast. X-Men issue. #15 i think. Got it from a Joe's Friday column on Newsarama a couple of days ago.

Looks good eh? F*ck yea. He gave Sebastian a bloody nose. I didn't think that was possible.

Is that the only page you have?

Lucid Lui
F*ck yea. He gave Sebastian a bloody nose. I didn't think that was possible.

Is that the only page you have? That's the only page related to Colossus/Sebastian. There's a coupole of other pages from the issue though.
http://www.newsarama.com/JoeFridays/JoeFridays52.html
All near the bottom of the page.

Darth Martin
SS 6/10

nwg202
im thinking shaw is going to beat the crap out of colossus in ash x-men(i hope im wrong) the villain always has to be the crap out of the hero 1st to give the reader a sense of fear and excitement. Realistically though, all colossus has to do is choke him or drown him. He dosnt need to punch him at all, therefore shaw wont power up.

Metalmanx
Yea, Colossus could definitely take him out fast enough before Shaw absorbed enough energy to make this fight a stalemate.

Colossus 8-9/10.

Brutacus
how fast does shaw absorb the energy because it will take a energy to break a neck.
Does shaw start at a normal human base strenght or is he allready superhuman?

WAF3001
colosus wins

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by nwg202
im thinking shaw is going to beat the crap out of colossus in ash x-men(i hope im wrong) the villain always has to be the crap out of the hero 1st to give the reader a sense of fear and excitement. Realistically though, all colossus has to do is choke him or drown him. He dosnt need to punch him at all, therefore shaw wont power up.

I think you're right, on the preview it says there's only going to be one X-Man standing after the Hellfire's assualt. The cover is telling me that it'll be Kitty Pryde however my brain is telling me it's Emma Frost.

The Fake Macoy
Arguably, if Shaw absorbs Kinetic energy, anyone should be able to choke him out since that doesn't actually involve kinetic energy.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
Arguably, if Shaw absorbs Kinetic energy, anyone should be able to choke him out since that doesn't actually involve kinetic energy.

You're still using Kinetic Energy to choke him. Kinetic Energy = Motion. Your hand is moving/pressing against his throat plus the particles in your hand are also moving.

Brutacus
I was thinking the same snapping his neck would be to easy.

Swanky-Tuna
Choking doesn't involve much energy if you do it right.

ExodusCloak
But whatever little energy you give off Seb is still going to absorb it and use it to strengthen himself. You're better off shocking him with electrical cables.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
But whatever little energy you give off Seb is still going to absorb it and use it to strengthen himself. You're better off shocking him with electrical cables.
It's negligiable. You flex your arms in the choke it and hold it. There's no more movement to absorb but the veins to the brain are still being blocked.

If he got that strong that fast he could just absorb the energy off his own heartbeat.

ExodusCloak
Whatever energy you used to flex your arms and choke him is given off to Seb strengthening him and making him harder to choke, you'll therefore need to press even harder to kill him, giving him even more energy. Plus the particles in the air, your arms, his clothes, the floor are constantly vibrating using kinetic energy to move, all that will also add up.

snoopdogg
Whatever energy you used to flex your arms and choke him is given off to Seb strengthening him and making him harder to choke, you'll therefore need to press even harder to kill him, giving him even more energy. Plus the particles in the air, your arms, his clothes, the floor are constantly vibrating using kinetic energy to move, all that will also add up. I think Shaw absorbs energy on impact. I mean every time he walked or ran he would be super strong but it don't work that way. He has to be hit hard to absorb the energy.

Choking him is very viable and may work. Or just overload him and put him into a coma.

The Fake Macoy
I know that applying logic to how super powers works is ridiculous, but I still always hate it when the description of someone's super powers doesn't match what they are actually doing.

Swanky-Tuna
Whatever energy you used to flex your arms and choke him is given off to Seb strengthening him and making him harder to choke, you'll therefore need to press even harder to kill him, giving him even more energy. Plus the particles in the air, your arms, his clothes, the floor are constantly vibrating using kinetic energy to move, all that will also add up.
You can't serious. It's like an inch or so of compression and in a few seconds he passes out.

The only points against rear naked choking him is how long the struggle will be to put him into it, which will give him far more energy than the choke itself, and whether or not Colossus practices rear naked chokes.

UltimateStryfe
the kinetic energy you use to choke him would not be enough for him to break free. besides, holding a choke hold won't use anymore kinetic energy. cut off his blood flow till he passes out. simple.

ExodusCloak
I think Shaw absorbs energy on impact. I mean every time he walked or ran he would be super strong but it don't work that way. He has to be hit hard to absorb the energy.

Choking him is very viable and may work. Or just overload him and put him into a coma.

Okay I'm convinced choking would probably work.(Or poking him in the throat.)

Now back to his powers:
Technically the air particles are constantly colliding with our own particles...so wouldn't the collisions count as impacts? And the particles in our clothes etc are also vibrating and colliding with our skin. So shouldn't he be super strong and durable all the time?
Rubber science really makes you think :P

Lucid Lui
I think Shaw needs significant impact for it to up his stats. So, even though technically he's always absorbing the impact from particles and whatnot, it's not enough to make a difference.

ExodusCloak
I think Shaw needs significant impact for it to up his stats. So, even though technically he's always absorbing the impact from particles and whatnot, it's not enough to make a difference.

That could be true, however what would be a significant impact? His powers are dervived from his mutant DNA, so every skin cell in his body should be absorbing Kinetic Energy from the particle collisions and metabolising it. Of course the KE absorbed would be in minute amounts, so it would take some time for it to build up, and as far as I can tell he's over the 30 years old, meaning he should be a walking tank by now.

Lucid Lui
That could be true, however what would be a significant impact? His powers are dervived from his mutant DNA, so every skin cell in his body should be absorbing Kinetic Energy from the particle collisions and metabolising it. Of course the KE absorbed would be in minute amounts, so it would take some time for it to build up, and as far as I can tell he's over the 30 years old, meaning he should be a walking tank by now. Well if, theoretically, particles do charge him up over time, then i imagine he would vent the absorbed energy every now and again so he doesn't end up inadvertantly overloading himself.

nimrod009
Shaw's struggling against those approaching and over Class 100. They can either overload him or simply outpower him. I doubt even a fully charged Shaw could match Colossus for strength.

Shaw gets maybe 2/10 at best if he fights intelligently.

Brutacus
well it seems shaw can also make himself stronger by hitting walls or something els so iff colossus is choking, he would have to chok him out fast, or colossus should restrain him at the same time.

It also seems shaw keeps enough energy stored by hitting walls wenn he wake up at morning so he got some reserve's every time he goes in to a fight.

Maybe colossus can beat him but it won't be easy.

Pastepotpete
this fight already happeend and shaw won even rogue with colossus power coudlnt win this

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.