black adam vs sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jacobo0o
i know that the sentry is a question mark right now
but i just wanted to be the first to make this match hehe

so who takes this??

Big Sexy
Based on what we have seen on sentry. Not really sure

Based on speculation of Sentry. Sentry 10/10

Grimm22
Sentry takes this 8/10

But Black Adam is still a better character wink

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Grimm22
Sentry takes this 8/10

But Black Adam is still a better character wink Adams more badass. I liked Sentry when he was locked away more than the pretty boy he has become. But he still has potential to be a really god character

General Kon-El
Who will win this? Battle is on an island.

kgkg
Sentry wins .......... holding back and doing planet destroying attacks gotta count for something

JOE NUNEZ
Sentry, would own BA...

Broly92
Sentry

badabing
Doing this to Spectre also counts for something.
http://img135.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=b9d9d_spectree2.jpg

kgkg
Originally posted by badabing
http://img135.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=b9d9d_spectree2.jpg Spectre jobs though.

The JlA was once lifting spectre........ A magical powered CM was going head to head with Spectre ... for a while at least.

Spectre power range changes.

A well written spectre turns BA into stone

D-Block
Sentry vs BA would be a battle their would be no owning in this fight.

Big Sexy
http://img135.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=b9d9d_spectree2.jpg Badabing, I see that pic passed around a lot. What issue is that.

badabing
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Badabing, I see that pic passed around a lot. What issue is that.
I'm not sure. Snoopdogg, Black Adam or D-Block may know.

kevdude
Would be a good fight, I'd give it to sentry.

Longinus
Sentry takes it.

JOE NUNEZ
I just dont think any other comic character, can own Terrax as fast as Sentry did. Sentry has awesome fight speed.....

Mr Master
Sentry contains a Cosmic Cube for a short while.
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/2375/sentrywc2.th.jpg

UniOmni
I hate the Sentry so much its insane.

I don't hate his powerset, or his rank.

I just hate the fact that about 10 years ago, Marvel thought it would be a good idea to make a character, and then shove him into the backstory of Marvel.
Saying he's been there from the beginning, but he made us forget him........................What the fukk was Marvel thinking with that one?!

Thats in the same vein as the clone saga, and we know how reviled that is.
Marvel is the house of ideas, yeah.
But alot of the guys with ideas, are proven idiots.

So fukking stupid at times, that its insane.

bigbran
whoa, and when was sentry really revealed?

Rewmac
http://img135.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=b9d9d_spectree2.jpg
Which issue is that from?

Skeets
Originally posted by Rewmac
Which issue is that from?

And the Sentry scan??
The Black adam one happend in a jsa book(I think)PIS really.
The sentry scan is from on of the issues from his mini it sort of never happend.....erm

Rewmac
I found the Sentry one, it's Sentry and The Fantastic Four....big grin Thanks.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by Skeets
The Black adam one happend in a jsa book(I think)PIS really.
The sentry scan is from on of the issues from his mini it sort of never happend.....erm

Was that issue retconned?

Skeets
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Was that issue retconned?
Maybe,it was a flash back hence why I said it "sort of never happend".

BlaqChaos
Was that issue retconned? No, it wasn't tetconned. It's just that everyone's memories of it were wiped. Sentry briefly considered restoring everyone's memories of how the world used to be, but Emma Frost advised against it.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
No, it wasn't tetconned. It's just that everyone's memories of it were wiped. Sentry briefly considered restoring everyone's memories of how the world used to be, but Emma Frost advised against it.

That's what I thought.

Sentry's first series hasn't been retconned. So holding the Cosmic Cube in his hands still stands.

Validus
Why would holding a cosmic cube be impressive?

Skeets
That's what I thought.

Sentry's first series hasn't been retconned. So holding the Cosmic Cube in his hands still stands.
But it didn't happen in the book.
It was just one of the flashback panels that most of his books have.Originally posted by Validus
Why would holding a cosmic cube be impressive?
srug A freaking little kid had it and even used it.

MattDay
ahh superman goes through the multiverse barrier, see's sentry, flies up to him, stating why he has an "s" on his chest, as sentry goes, "my 'S' is better tha..." superman has booted him through the earth for even going as far as wearing his underwear outside his suit like him... lol

Faceman
Blood lust...

golem370
I know people consider Terrax a Jobber but Sentry still beat with no problem has Surfer ever done that before?

Faceman
no one has.

Mace Skywalker
I would take the Sentry here. Black Adam is something else but the Sentry is as well. Itd be a good on.

Validus
Originally posted by golem370
I know people consider Terrax a Jobber but Sentry still beat with no problem has Surfer ever done that before?
Yes, Surfer has.

BA ftw.

bigbran
Black Adam in bloodlust...
Ya he wins this.

Estacado
Who wins?

tkitna
Sentry of course

Mider999
its dumb that the new shazam couldnt take away his powers black adam i mean even if he couldnt he should have said ok enough is enough and put the skyfather beat down on him thanos vs odin style

King Kandy
Sentry, no duh.

Estacado
Just wondering what showings does Sentry have that puts him abou Teth? whistle

King Kandy
Originally posted by Estacado
Stalemating Genis.

Estacado
Originally posted by King Kandy
Stalemating Genis.
Oh......

guy222
Who wins?

sentry

Badabing
Originally posted by Mider999
its dumb that the new shazam couldnt take away his powers black adam i mean even if he couldnt he should have said ok enough is enough and put the skyfather beat down on him thanos vs odin style I thought Billy hit Black Adam with lightning to render him powerless and then changed the word so he couldn't regain his powers.

Validus
Originally posted by Badabing
I thought Billy hit Black Adam with lightning to render him powerless and then changed the word so he couldn't regain his powers.
He did.

His Airness
bump

Jebus reborn
Black Adam.

Redatom65
exactly why he needs to be moved down a tier, in that thread

db_renji
Black Adam stomps him. Sentry doesn't have the feats to compete.

King Kandy
Originally posted by db_renji
Black Adam stomps him. Sentry doesn't have the feats to compete.
His feats are above any of Black Adams.

Jebus reborn
His feats are above any of Black Adams. Which include?

King Kandy
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Which include?
I don't know, maybe GOING EVEN WITH GENIS?

Redatom65
and what exactly, has Genis done....

His Airness
I don't know, maybe GOING EVEN WITH GENIS?

They were both stated to be holding back making that feat completely useless. Also, when needed Genis casually banished Sentry.

His Airness
Originally posted by Redatom65
and what exactly, has Genis done....

no expression

Redatom65
'm a big Genis fan, Kandy's just got a hard on for Sentey, I want to see if he can see why stalemating Genis is a feat no expression

King Kandy
'm a big Genis fan, Kandy's just got a hard on for Sentey, I want to see if he can see why stalemating Genis is a feat no expression
When he was insane, Genis showed univeral power. He took out Gods like nothing.

Redatom65
The genis that Sentry stalemated was no longer insane for Entropy and Epiphany were out of the picture. no expression

King Kandy
The genis that Sentry stalemated was no longer insane for Entropy and Epiphany were out of the picture. no expression
So? Insanity didn't increase his power, it just gave him better use of it.

Redatom65
and this is shown where in the thunderbolts? Quite frankly he's a pansy in Niceiza's run. *cough* Atlas *cough* You have absoloutly no prrof of that. So Name another Sentry feat, above Black Adam

King Kandy
When exactly did his powers get lowered? Because otherwise, his power is still the same as insane level. actually, it's higher since Zemo anped him.

Redatom65
When exactly did his powers get lowered? Because otherwise, his power is still the same as insane level. actually, it's higher since Zemo anped him.

Quite frankly, by the end of his 4th series when Peter David was force to put an abrupt end to an awesome series. basically Phyla, and Rick and a few others have an intervention, Genis breaks down, and though he still is insane, he is not any more powerful than he was before. His universe destroying days were long behind him by this point, and though genis seemed to have the ability to better harness his Cosmic Awareness, he is to easilly beaten by Zemo, who is mere mortal, so we can cearly see that the upgrade was either not effective on genis or it limited, for by the end of that crappy issue. Genis is begging for his life. So to sum it up, the moonstone amp, as you said, clearly didn't affect him well.

Jebus reborn
I don't know, maybe GOING EVEN WITH GENIS? So, Guy Gardner, John Stewart, Donna Troy, Steel, Powergirl, and Alan Scott, put together, are all lower than Photon?

tkitna
Black Adam is a bad dude for sure, but he isnt busting Terraxs axe like it was nothing or stop a shield Helicarrier from falling. Does the Void breaking every bone in the Hulks body count? If so, BA isnt doing that either.

Adam loses

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by tkitna
Black Adam is a bad dude for sure, but he isnt busting Terraxs axe like it was nothing or stop a shield Helicarrier from falling. Does the Void breaking every bone in the Hulks body count? If so, BA isnt doing that either.

Adam loses Umm... well, since you used the Helicarrier feat, and brought it up... Sentry didn't stop the helicarrier.
He had serious trouble even slowing it down, and needed the help of Ms. Marvel, and Wonderman to stop it.

tkitna
He was struggling but he still had time before it hit the ground so we may never know, but ok, i'll throw that one out. Adam still cant do the other two. Sentry's to much for Adam and theres no shame in admitting that.

Redatom65
based off what? Breaking every bone in his body. Now I may be wrong about that, but wasn't that a TP feat, taking advantage of Hulk's feable mind. Again, I may be wrong

Galvaclaw
I can't believe the Helicarrier is being used as a feat. This is Black Adam we're talking about. He's casually thrown an Aircraft carrier. He's fought with Superman evenly, you know the guy with planetary scale strength?

King Kandy
So, Guy Gardner, John Stewart, Donna Troy, Steel, Powergirl, and Alan Scott, put together, are all lower than Photon?
That is a possibility. Genis does have Low-Abstract level power.

TricksterPriest
Ignore tkitna. He's a self-proclaimed Sentry fanboy. He won't give an inch. stick out tongue

From what I saw of that fight, Genis was toying with Sentry. He was simultaniously keeping the avengers and cap safe, while shunting Sentry's attacks away and fighting Sentry head on. Genis-vell should have wrecked Sentry. the 'stalemate' feat is bs.

Nikkolas
Well...according to a guy I'm debating with, Sentry beat the living crap out of Terrax. Something Surfer himself couldn't do on his owna dn with such ease and also broke Terrax's weapon which only Morg w/WOL has done.

King Kandy
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Genis-vell should have wrecked Sentry.
Should have, could have, didn't.

TricksterPriest
Had Genis actually been trying, we'd be discussing the death of Sentry. Think for one second about what you're saying. You're claiming a guy who killed Eternity, who rewrote the multiverse, who has cosmic awareness, who killed a frost giant in one shot, etc, would be stalemated by an earth-based superhero, who's not even a cosmic class? What the f**k?

That shit doesn't fly, man. no Genis is beyond the sentry and he wasn't trying to kill him in that fight.

King Kandy
Had Genis actually been trying, we'd be discussing the death of Sentry. Think for one second about what you're saying. You're claiming a guy who killed Eternity, who rewrote the multiverse, who has cosmic awareness, who killed a frost giant in one shot, etc, would be stalemated by an earth-based superhero, who's not even a cosmic class? What the f**k?

That shit doesn't fly, man. no Genis is beyond the sentry and he wasn't trying to kill him in that fight.
Tell me ONE thing that makes it seem as if Sentry shouldn't have been able to stalemate Genis.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Galvaclaw
I can't believe the Helicarrier is being used as a feat. This is Black Adam we're talking about. He's casually thrown an Aircraft carrier. He's fought with Superman evenly, you know the guy with planetary scale strength?

QFT.

Jebus reborn
That is a possibility. Genis does have Low-Abstract level power. With the help of Entropy he does. Too bad Photon doesn't share that little advantage, does he?

Also Photon was holding back, but so was Sentry, it wasn't at all even an indicator of how much they were trying, and therefore, shouldn't be an applicable feat.

King Kandy
With the help of Entropy he does. Too bad Photon doesn't share that little advantage, does he?
Entropy gave Genis zero power. He only gave him less qualms about using the power he already had.

Jebus reborn
Entropy gave Genis zero power. He only gave him less qualms about using the power he already had. Did he not have help?

Also, when exactly has Photon ever shown the same power as Insane Genis?

Redatom65
Genis did nothing in Thunderbolts, he was pwned so much, that whole series was a low showing for him. Being "stalemated" by Sentry is just another low showing, even though both characters were just holding back

jasofisc
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Well...according to a guy I'm debating with, Sentry beat the living crap out of Terrax. Something Surfer himself couldn't do on his owna dn with such ease and also broke Terrax's weapon which only Morg w/WOL has done.

that's what happened and he did it with easy too he looked board

King Kandy
Being "stalemated" by Sentry is just another low showing
Stalemating Sentry is one of the best Showings Genis has had.

Jebus reborn
Stalemating Sentry is one of the best Showings Genis has had. no expression

TricksterPriest
Stalemating Sentry is one of the best Showings Genis has had.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/afs.jpg

King Kandy
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/afs.jpg
DUDE! WHAT THE HELL?

Shut up, you guys are just ignoring the facts!

Jebus reborn
Anyway, Photon was toying with Sentry the entire time, and showed nothing of him even remotely trying.
He also won, and in the last panel he said:
"Well, we were asked to embaress them right?
So..."

DUDE! WHAT THE HELL?

Shut up, you guys are just ignoring the facts! Now, I know you're not serious...
Either that, or you've reverted to xmeat type fanboyism.

King Kandy
Anyway, Photon was toying with Sentry the entire time, and showed nothing of him even remotely trying.
He also won, and in the last panel he said:
"Well, we were asked to embaress them right?
So..."
You're right... I forgot about that.

Well, It's still a great showing.

King Kandy
Now, I know you're not serious...
Either that, or you've reverted to xmeat type fanboyism.
You caught me...

I was just trying to get profiled.

Redatom65
Bran, Fabian's shitty book, should just be forgotten no expression That was a big smoldering peice of garavge. I Blacklisted Neceiza. In anycase, Sentry just got punked not to long ago. No low showings my ass.

Washco
In Sentry's fight with Iron Man, he stated that he was always going to be 2 seconds ahead of IM. This ability is from the serum that moves his molecules ahead of the current time line. So, we know that BA is way faster than IM, will the Sentry always be ahead of BA? If so, then I think Sentry takes it.

tkitna
Ignore tkitna. He's a self-proclaimed Sentry fanboy. He won't give an inch. stick out tongue

Its true. embarrasment

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Washco
In Sentry's fight with Iron Man, he stated that he was always going to be 2 seconds ahead of IM. This ability is from the serum that moves his molecules ahead of the current time line. So, we know that BA is way faster than IM, will the Sentry always be ahead of BA? If so, then I think Sentry takes it.

And yet he lost that fight. Somehow he didn't see IM's plan.

Redatom65
Originally posted by Washco

Though I found that the best post in the thread in the favor of Sentry's defense, He still lost to Iron Man. Black Adam just got off a great feat from WWIII, something i doubt Sentry could do, for sheer lack of ruthlessness. I don no, Sentry 3-4 times out of 10

TricksterPriest
I might give him that. But how does magic affect him? I'm wondering if spamming Shazam bolts would stop Sentry...... shifty

Redatom65
Again, Sentry is such a new character, it's hard to judge, cause he hasn't been tested to so bloody much. And for Pete's Sake, no one go rambling on about Dr. Strange!

Jebus reborn
Again, Sentry is such a new character, it's hard to judge, cause he hasn't been tested to so bloody much. And for Pete's Sake, no one go rambling on about Dr. Strange! 7 years ago he was a new character...

Redatom65
yeah, and he really hasn't done much until he joined the new avengers....

Superherovandal
Sentry got owned by She-Ultron. He was clearly overpowered. She caught his punch and kneed him causing him to bleed. and he had an extremely difficult time slowing down the SHIELD Helicarrier. I'd say he's beneath BA.

Priest
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Sentry got owned by She-Ultron. He was clearly overpowered. She caught his punch and kneed him causing him to bleed. and he had an extremely difficult time slowing down the SHIELD Helicarrier. I'd say he's beneath BA.
Sentry was not owned by Ultron. the only reason why Sentry's was bleeding is becasue he was not ready for the knee to the jaw. He was distracted by the Shield Helicarrier falling on top of him.
Also he did show difficulty slowing down the carrier, but the size of it is pretty damn big imo, its easily the size of a skyscraper, it would be hard for anybody to slow something so big that fell from the sky. I doubt BA would do any better than Sentry.

Redatom65
Originally posted by Priest
Sentry was not owned by Ultron. the only reason why Sentry's was bleeding is becasue he was not ready for the knee to the jaw. He was distracted by the Shield Helicarrier falling on top of him.
Also he did show difficulty slowing down the carrier, but the size of it is pretty damn big imo, its easily the size of a skyscraper, it would be hard for anybody to slow something so big that fell from the sky. I doubt BA would do any better than Sentry.

WHo's ready to get kneed What the f**k? So much for that 2 second ahead of time bit. Didn't she throw the hellicarrier on him too....O and didn't Ms. Marvel and Wonderman carry their part with one arm. If he was anything like superman, he would have been able to guide it down no prob.

Jebus reborn
Umm... he noticed it falling after he got kneed in the jaw.

draxx_tOfU
So, Guy Gardner, John Stewart, Donna Troy, Steel, Powergirl, and Alan Scott, put together, are all lower than Photon?

but it doesn't make Teth above them either...

GL's engaging Teth in h2h = stupidity

llagrok
Also he did show difficulty slowing down the carrier, but the size of it is pretty damn big imo, its easily the size of a skyscraper, it would be hard for anybody to slow something so big that fell from the sky. I doubt BA would do any better than Sentry. '

Just read MA #3 and that was completely PIS. There is no way Sentry's that weak, Bendis or She Ultron did something to him.

Superherovandal
How can we say he's not that weak? He has hardly any durability feats.

Redatom65
Originally posted by llagrok
'

Just read MA #3 and that was completely PIS. There is no way Sentry's that weak, Bendis or She Ultron did something to him.

again there hasn't been anything to prove that it was PIS. Sentry doesn't have any feats that prove he's above that

FearOfBlood
Originally posted by Superherovandal
How can we say he's not that weak? He has hardly any durability feats.

fully agreed

jesserw21
who wins?

Galan007
Sentry. Unless this is WWIII BA.

horrorwolf
Originally posted by Galan007
Sentry. Unless this is WWIII BA.

agreed.

Grinning Goku
No. No. No. BA is not losing to the likes of WWH. So Adam ftw.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
No. No. No. BA is not losing to the likes of WWH. So Adam ftw. thumb up

BradBalboa
hmmm i really dont now enough about the two to say
so ill go with Sentry if he goies all out and isnt scared to use his true pwoer like he usually is

OneDumbG0
Good match. Personally, all I can think is that Sentry was taking shots from WWH that were more powerful than the ones denting classic Juggernaut's armor. So I'm pretty sure he can take Black Adam's shots... even moreso if he were actually defending himself against them. So I'll go with Sentry on this one. Black Adam's ruthlessness helps and Sentry's inexperience hurts. But not enough.

Sentry 6/10.
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
No. No. No. BA is not losing to the likes of WWH. So Adam ftw. Well then, time for a bump! devil

tkitna
Black Adam gets Voided

OneDumbG0
I think it's only fair to say that if Sentry was forced into turning into the Void... that'd be a win for the opponent, since Bob's personality disappears and it is sort of an internal psyche BFR... Sentry only once has ever shown control over that aspect of his consciousness and all other times has broken down and withdrawn into himself.

If you don't institute this kind of limit on Sentry, then I don't think it's very fair to discuss. The Void apparently can beat the crap out of most of Marvel Earth's major heroes all at the same time. FF, Astonishing X-Men team, Inhumans, New Avengers, Namor, Dr. Strange and SHIELD agents...

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I think it's only fair to say that if Sentry was forced into turning into the Void... that'd be a win for the opponent, since Bob's personality disappears and it is sort of an internal psyche BFR... Sentry only once has ever shown control over that aspect of his consciousness and all other times has broken down and withdrawn into himself.

If you don't institute this kind of limit on Sentry, then I don't think it's very fair to discuss. The Void apparently can beat the crap out of most of Marvel Earth's major heroes all at the same time. FF, Astonishing X-Men team, Inhumans, New Avengers, Namor, Dr. Strange and SHIELD agents...

Sentry is badass.

iceman24567
Adam wins

Badabing
There are a few of these threads already. Merged.

Allankles
Originally posted by D-Block
Sentry vs BA would be a battle their would be no owning in this fight.

The Illuminati
Sentry FTW.

Erik-Lensherr
Black Adam.

Estacado
Adam ftw.

Endrict Nuul
B.A would beat the crap outta Sentry, he doesn't care about that emotion crap....unlike Bob.

tkitna
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
B.A would beat the crap outta Sentry, he doesn't care about that emotion crap....unlike Bob.

Yeah, ask Attuma or Carnage how forgiving Bob is.

The Sentry doesnt care if he kills either.

Black bolt z
bump

Sr J-Bieb
Sentry is too forgiving even if he did have the power.

regen
BA stomps

ankur29
BA loses to void
BA wins against sentry 6/10

tkitna
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Sentry is too forgiving even if he did have the power.

http://patrickwillems.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/ow.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_RM1nTPpMDEc/SYc3N6DIfsI/AAAAAAAALYE/mqdCzYXbjjQ/s400/DAv_Sentry1.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_bOiu6sFxxdY/Sm-ppZ5182I/AAAAAAAADfI/yoQPYDoIisM/s320/Sentry+Carnage.jpg

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/3907/ts010067bf.jpg

Yeah, he's a regular boyscout. BA dies in the same manner.

ankur29
^BA hater

tkitna
Originally posted by ankur29
^BA hater

Seriously, i'm not a Black Adam hater. I think he's pretty cool actually, but I do think he gets overrated at times. WW3 wasnt as impressive as everybody makes it out to be. I think that storyline was the same as WWH, but better. Every character seemed to job just for the storys sake.

I dont think Adam can take a Sentry who's mind is in the fight either. Sentry was a pure badass when he wanted to be and I think thats why Marvel fans hated him. He seemed to be above everybody unless you started to get to the skyfather type characters and that was hard to swallow for a lot of fans. Bendis ruined him and we all know the rest of the story.

Omega Vision
None of those characters are as tough as Black Adam.

Seriously, i'm not a Black Adam hater. I think he's pretty cool actually, but I do think he gets overrated at times. WW3 wasnt as impressive as everybody makes it out to be. I think that storyline was the same as WWH, but better. Every character seemed to job just for the storys sake.

I dont think Adam can take a Sentry who's mind is in the fight either. Sentry was a pure badass when he wanted to be and I think thats why Marvel fans hated him. He seemed to be above everybody unless you started to get to the skyfather type characters and that was hard to swallow for a lot of fans. Bendis ruined him and we all know the rest of the story.
Above anyone below skyfather? Point to a single character in the Trans Tier (or High Herald tier for that matter) who (Non-Voided) Sentry punked.

shokosugi
black adam

rotiart
Sentry... For snapping terraxs axenlike a twig
For coming back from Owens attacks and flipping the tables over one of the greatest matter manipulators out there
For going toe to toe with world war hulk a guy busting strange backed by zom...
For going toe to toe with a juggernaught that on panel seconds before was giben the full power of cytorrak...

For fighting off the entire men team... All by himself...
For beating the collective which was the combine powers of just about every mutant on earth, containing it and tossing it into the sun
For tossing it up with
For containing the cosmic cube...
Or handing Tony his ass until Tony figured out that the only way to beat sentry was to hack c.l.o.c. An sentry couldn't stand the mental strand of too many orders... But in a scan allowed iron man tree panels head start before deciding to go after him and two parks later laying Tony out...
For being the guy that when all the prisoners were freed and needed to e contained was the main reason they stopped the reakout...

Prep-Man
BA.

rotiart
For being assaulted by a powerful female magician ( I forget which) bringing himself back and bringing it back...
For being so damn powerful that even though the skrulls could mimic brb/ captain marvel/ other herald level people... They couldn't copy sentry...
I seem to remember containing ruptured cosmic cube?
Yes he took the technical bfr/knockout from blue marvel but was back in it a short time later ready for more...
Also for being able to bring his wife back from the dead... Hrmm...

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Above anyone below skyfather? Point to a single character in the Trans Tier (or High Herald tier for that matter) who (Non-Voided) Sentry punked. Collective. Molecule Man.

Omega Vision
Collective. Molecule Man.
I'm pretty sure Void was in control at that time, hence the black eyes.

OneDumbG0
^ I would posit to you that Void is in control when he starts speaking in black bubbles, i.e., Void's voice.

rotiart
Most of sentries best feats show him with the black eyes but not always speaking in voids voice... However to me once you got the eyes you have the equivalent of a bloodlusted or no holding back sentry...

The hard part about thevoid is that most of the better fears are done with the black eyes... Is that similar to
Legion with a different power set per personality or not...

Or is it just thy sentry is better at using it like white queen showed to Bobby or Gideon showed sunspot ...

Omega Vision
^ I would posit to you that Void is in control when he starts speaking in black bubbles, i.e., Void's voice.
Right...sure. So the black eyes were just an artistic goof then?

OneDumbG0
Right...sure. So the black eyes were just an artistic goof then? If you want to mince, black eyes shows that the Void is lurking. The voice shows that Void's in the driver's seat.

It doesn't have to be an "artistic goof." And flipping that argument, the bigger artistic goof would be him not speaking in Void's voice.

Frankly, Void's been present without the black eyes if you really want to focus on all the minutiae.

tkitna

Above anyone below skyfather? Point to a single character in the Trans Tier (or High Herald tier for that matter) who (Non-Voided) Sentry punked.

Why would I need to? The Void is Sentrys powerset. Why lowball him?

Omega Vision
Why would I need to? The Void is Sentrys powerset. Why lowball him?
Void and Sentry are effectively different characters, like Billy Batson and Captain Marvel. Even more, because their personalities are opposed.

Mindset
Black eyes != void

OneDumbG0
^ You're mistaken. Originally posted by Omega Vision
Void and Sentry are effectively different characters, like Billy Batson and Captain Marvel. Even more, because their personalities are opposed. Not a good analogy. And I can't think of a single feat of Void's that demonstrated more power than Sentry's banishing of Molecule Man.

tkitna
Void and Sentry are effectively different characters, like Billy Batson and Captain Marvel. Even more, because their personalities are opposed.

But yet they are the same character with just different personalities. It would be the same as if you were happy one moment and pissed off the next. The Void is the Sentry and vice versa. I cant help it the guy is a schizo and switches personailites at the drop of a dime.

carver9
The thing about it people fail to realize that the void is feeding off of the sentrys power. There is no amp... nothing to increase his abilty... its all coming from the sentys body. You can make an argumentg for thor being amped from odin or his weapons or superman getting a sun dip... or a gl getting an outside amp but everything the void and sentry did came from one body without any outside interference or amp. So you all can argue all day that it was the void but what the void did sentry is capable of doing since the both of them share the same body and the same powers. The only difference is sentry holds back whereas the void doesn't.

zeel
Originally posted by kgkg
Spectre jobs though.

The JlA was once lifting spectre........ A magical powered CM was going head to head with Spectre ... for a while at least.

Spectre power range changes.

A well written spectre turns BA into stone

WTF your making excuses for the specter. Sentry is not even close to the ball park of the specter. And that magically powered captian marvel was well above scyfather at the time. he possesd most the magic in the galaxy at the time.

Sentry is nothing more then a poorly written character with tons of possibilities.

Sentry has got owned by herc lol.

Ba kills him

OneDumbG0
^ Let's leave the Superman and/or Thor butt-hurt out of this, k?Originally posted by carver9
The thing about it people fail to realize that the void is feeding off of the sentrys power. There is no amp... nothing to increase his abilty... its all coming from the sentys body. You can make an argumentg for thor being amped from odin or his weapons or superman getting a sun dip... or a gl getting an outside amp but everything the void and sentry did came from one body without any outside interference or amp. So you all can argue all day that it was the void but what the void did sentry is capable of doing since the both of them share the same body and the same powers. The only difference is sentry holds back whereas the void doesn't. Right idea but I'd argue that Sentry has had fights where he wasn't holding back.

EDIT: Fixed.

carver9
^ Let's leave the Superman and/or Thor butt-hurt out of this, k? Right idea but I'd argue that Sentry has had fights where he wasn't holding back.

EDIT: Fixed.

I can think of some times as well but I still wouldn't say that he went all out like void does with his powers.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>