x-3 JUGGERNAUT IS NOT a mutantso why was his power taken away

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KyubiRasengan
trurh

LanceWindu
He IS a mutant in X3...no expression

Lighthammer
aND Leech takes away both mutant and nonmutant superhero powers in the comics

thorncrawler
check other threads for arguement about old juggs

Forcewielder
Jean Grey was never a doctor.
Wolverine isn't tall.
Cyclops was never absent throughout the comics.
Rogue had superstrength and can fly.
Storm had an african accent.
Collossus had a russian accent.
Sabertooth was never a mindless thug.

There are many things in the films that are not true to the comics but so what? It works in the movies.

Crimson Phoenix
Oh, thanks for the spoiler warning..wait, THERE WASNT ONE!!!!! Change the title of the thread!

The Pict
Originally posted by Forcewielder
Jean Grey was never a doctor.
Wolverine isn't tall.
Rogue had superstrength and can fly.
Storm had an african accent.
Collossus had a russian accent.

There are many things in the films that are not true to the comics but so what? It works in the movies.

Rogue doesn't always have those powers

Silverstein
in Xmen 1 storm had a mediocre accent and then X2 and X3 she replaced it with a southern american accent, or what appears to be halle berry's normal "accent"

InnerRise
Originally posted by Silverstein
in Xmen 1 storm had a mediocre accent and then X2 and X3 she replaced it with a southern american accent, or what appears to be halle berry's normal "accent"
I fail to see what this has to do with anything or where you going with it.

is it comprehensible.....

KharmaDog

Originally posted by InnerRise
I fail to see what this has to do with anything or where you going with it.

Well it does point out the lack of attention to her character, a lack of interest in doing a decent job and having some character continuity or a complete lack of talent te recognize that she played the same character 3 different times and each time was a little different.

It wasn't character development, it was apathy towards a role.

InnerRise
More than likely it wasn't her choice to change the voice.

She didn't make, produce, direct the movie after all.

And like I said. It has nothing to do with this thread. Please don't feel the need to tell me what you think of Halle every chance you get ok?

Alpha Centauri
And like I said. It has nothing to do with this thread. Please don't feel the need to tell me what you think of Halle every chance you get ok?

Says the guy who follows me around and interrupts threads to tell me what he thinks of me, whenever he gets the chance.

It was poor attention to simply achievable details in this movie.

-AC

InnerRise
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Says the guy who follows me around and interrupts threads to tell me what he thinks of me, whenever he gets the chance.

It was poor attention to simply achievable details in this movie.

-AC
Ummm..actually no.

Disappear
Originally posted by Forcewielder

both of those are false, by the way. sabretooth's initial appearances had him as little more than a hired thug, first against iron fist, and later in the service of mister sinister. also, during the time he was dating/married to madelyne pryor, several years, cyclops was hardly an active member of the x-men. he's also been believed dead more than once, which is rather congruent with the general opinion of being "absent."

KharmaDog

Keep telling yourself that, though it is really sad if you believe it.

InnerRise
Oh well. Just don't cry.

LanceWindu

She didn't make, produce, direct the movie after all.

No I think it was Halle's bad acting that changed the accent.

InnerRise
Originally posted by LanceWindu
No I think it was Halle's bad acting that changed the accent. I still don't.

Alpha Centauri
Don't get me wrong, I'd bone her too, but that doesn't stop my opinion that she was dire.

-AC

LanceWindu
Don't get me wrong, I'd bone her too, but that doesn't stop my opinion that she was dire.

-AC

Agreed.

Alpha Centauri
Jessica Alba as Invisible Woman? Who didn't drool at the mouth at that announcement? Did she look good? Amazingly. Did she suck at the role? Undoubtedly.

-AC

Silverstein
Jessica Alba as Invisible Woman? Who didn't drool at the mouth at that announcement? Did she look good? Amazingly. Did she suck at the role? Undoubtedly.

-AC

she didnt make me drool stick out tongue

LanceWindu

-AC

The whole reason they played that role superbly was because the underwear scene. Otherwise it was forgettable. Then again Susan Storm is not the most compelling character.

Alpha Centauri
In the comics she is, she's great, they all are. That's F4 though.

she didnt make me drool stick out tongue

Clearly a homo-gay-xual. Haha, I'm kidding, to each their own.

I didn't literally drool, I was just implying that should you have chosen to, there probably couldn't be a better person.

-AC

Silverstein
In the comics she is, she's great, they all are. That's F4 though.

Clearly a homo-gay-xual. Haha, I'm kidding, to each their own.

I didn't literally drool, I was just implying that should you have chosen to, there probably couldn't be a better person.

-AC

-haha

-there probably couldnt be a better person to play sue storm? confused

Alpha Centauri
No I mean if you were going to drool about a really nice female playing a comic character, there probably wasn't a better one.

She turned in a terrible role. I still think the two best Marvel casting decisions ever are Eric Bana as Bruce Banner and J.K Simmons as Jonah Jameson. I've never seen a more accurate comic depiction.

Maguire as Parker was good, but he's too serious.

-AC

Silverstein
No I mean if you were going to drool about a really nice female playing a comic character, there probably wasn't a better one.

She turned in a terrible role. I still think the two best Marvel casting decisions ever are Eric Bana as Bruce Banner and J.K Simmons as Jonah Jameson. I've never seen a more accurate comic depiction.

-AC

yeah definately, Banner and Jameson were portrayed well, nowadays most characters are changed to suit the movie's storyerm

InnerRise
When I first saw Maguire as Peter Parker, I didn't think He'd do a good job. I was shocked that they chose him. But as the movie went on and I saw that he was able to play Spiderman, I became a believer.

Silverstein
i wouldve chosen Topher Grace as parker, comedic yet can play serious roles, but now he's playing eddie brock lol

KMC Dark Lord
Technicly Juggs isn't a mutant at all si he? movie aside I mean.

Alpha Centauri
As someone said to me today though, Brock was always meant to be similar to Parker, so really...this MAY work out to be one of the best on-screen chemistry matches of any superhero movie. Also, Brock is very funny in the comics. He almost makes Spidey become very serious. He torments Spidey and is very darkly humourous. This may be where Topher does his job best.

Granted, he's not as physically imposing, but he will obviously bulk up enough to look the part, and he does look decent now I think. When he goes all Venom I seriously doubt he will look the same, it'll be total CGI.

That said, this is all a bit off topic.

-AC

Superman_045
I agree with you. I like the idea of having them be almost the same, it's interesting. I just don't want him to be as small as Tobey when he becomes Venom, they definitely need to make Venom completely CGI mastered.

The Pict

yep!

The Pict

-AC

yep again!

Gornack
When I first saw Maguire as Peter Parker, I didn't think He'd do a good job. I was shocked that they chose him. But as the movie went on and I saw that he was able to play Spiderman, I became a believer.

Ungh, I still have issues with Maguire as Peter Parker, Dunst as MJ, the whole deal just stinks to me. I think they should have casted older actors, to be honest with you, just by a few years, and I think the whole franchise has been way over produced so far. It's weird, I love Sam Raimi, I respect Tobey Maguire, I mean goddam Sea Biscuit made me friggin' cry like five times. I love Kerstin Dunst, but the combo of them, as far as my boy Spidey goes . . . . . something is afoul. erm

The Pict
Originally posted by Gornack
Ungh, I still have issues with Maguire as Peter Parker, Dunst as MJ, the whole deal just stinks to me. I think they should have casted older actors, to be honest with you, just by a few years, and I think the whole franchise has been way over produced so far. It's weird, I love Sam Raimi, I respect Tobey Maguire, I mean goddam Sea Biscuit made me friggin' cry like five times. I love Kerstin Dunst, but the combo of them, as far as my boy Spidey goes . . . . . something is afoul. erm

older actors wouldn't work. The movie starts with peter being a high school kid and tobey played him when he was like 26.

InnerRise
Originally posted by The Pict
yep! Originally posted by The Pict
yep again!

Stop the double posting especially when each post has 1 or 2 words.

Sludge

Funniest thing I've read all day. Someone should load Storm into a cannon and fire her ass. She was the most useless character in the X-Men movies. Halle Berry got lucky with that Oscar, because she can't act to save her life.

Yarr
InnerRise youre kidding yourself if you think shes a great actor and that the reason the voice and acting style changed per movie was the directors choice lol.

Maguire does have the "feel" of spider-man, but he lacks the charm spider-man had. I really boil it down to his voice and speach problem. Spider-man was quick witted and i feel like Maguire's speach would have him falling all over the words spider-man would spout of the top of his head. His voice acting made him sound like it was scripted and rehursed. just an IMO, but i would also like to add that they could have done much much worse.

oh and Grace is about the worst person to play Venom. This is spider-mans greatest foe (to the public at least) and to put someone so who doesnt look like he could scare a mouse... well... I just dont like it.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Sludge
Funniest thing I've read all day. Someone should load Storm into a cannon and fire her ass. She was the most useless character in the X-Men movies. Halle Berry got lucky with that Oscar, because she can't act to save her life.

Ummmm anyone remember Cyclops? Probably not because he was hardly in the movies so it's understandable.

Originally posted by Yarr
InnerRise youre kidding yourself if you think shes a great actor and that the reason the voice and acting style changed per movie was the directors choice lol.

Maguire does have the "feel" of spider-man, but he lacks the charm spider-man had. I really boil it down to his voice and speach problem. Spider-man was quick witted and i feel like Maguire's speach would have him falling all over the words spider-man would spout of the top of his head. His voice acting made him sound like it was scripted and rehursed. just an IMO, but i would also like to add that they could have done much much worse.

oh and Grace is about the worst person to play Venom. This is spider-mans greatest foe (to the public at least) and to put someone so who doesnt look like he could scare a mouse... well... I just dont like it.
I could easily say the same thing to you, but I won't. I'm not kidding myself kid.
Believe it.

The Pict

don't get angry because strom is being slated, kid.

KharmaDog

Stop acting like a tool because you don't like what people have to say about the object of your unhealthy obsession.

Yarr
lol

Did the guy who sounds like a 16 year old emo he/she just call me kid?

nimrod009

-AC

Cool avatar and sig dude! I caught them last month...amazing! smile

InnerRise
Originally posted by The Pict
don't get angry because strom is being slated, kid. Oh I'm not.
I could care less.

Just follow the rules.

Originally posted by KharmaDog
Stop acting like a tool because you don't like what people have to say about the object of your unhealthy obsession.

If following the rules is acting a tool then tool me away. Now don't comment on me getting people to follow the rules in a negative way just to start something b/c it's uncalled for.

You'll use any excuse to say something to me, even when you're absolutely in the wrong.

People have been banned for double posting and if I feel the need to call someone out on it I will. That's that.

cagadaman
Yeah, the movies never live up to peoples expectations, at least not mine. They made Juggernaut seem weak in this movie and screwed up many other of the mutants and their powers. Juggernaut, as we all know, isn't even a mutant. He was a normal person until he stumbled across the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak during the Korean war which of course made him the unstoppable mystical being that he truly is. Of course the movie left all that out.

Silverstein
yes, we are all aware that juggernaut is NOT an actual mutant, but the movie's interpretation, he was, got that?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.