dex needs to ease up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bogen
he's closing t many threads, it makes the place look...sheesh.. "nazish".
I do like what you do for the place and i respect your oppinion in all things sport but this for me is a passing comment.

Smasandian
What are you talking about?

I think he's doing an excellent job. Each sport has a different thread, and when people open an thread about a sport that already has one, its going to get closed.

forumcrew
yea id agree with samasandian, really i wouldnt mind if more threads were closed. Dexx has a hard job and 200 wrestling threads a day dont make it any easier.

Victor Von Doom
If only the music thread had only one thread for each genre. Then it'd thrive.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom

Sarcasm Poliice, freeze! Come with me, son...

Smasandian

Oh, the music form, a place where you have to like a certain type of music to not be ridiculed.

But think, if Dexx didnt close any threads, as Forumcrew said, they're would be hundreds of hundreds of wrestling threads, millions of football(soccer) threads, 32 NFL team threads, atleast 10 threads about the superbowl and dont forget the threads complaining about how crappy american football is or how crappy football(soccer) is.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Smasandian
Oh, the music form, a place where you have to like a certain type of music to not be ridiculed.

But think, if Dexx didnt close any threads, as Forumcrew said, they're would be hundreds of hundreds of wrestling threads, millions of football(soccer) threads, 32 NFL team threads, atleast 10 threads about the superbowl and dont forget the threads complaining about how crappy american football is or how crappy football(soccer) is.

That's not how the music forum is at all, by the way.

Anyway, the point is: Close the duplicates or merge them if they are pointless. There are more than a few NBA and NFL threads because they are of a different purpose to the main one.

With a single football thread you have to cross-debate many subjects. It's pointless.

-AC

bogen
hmm, i c.
my opimion has been swayed.

Victor Von Doom
Just realised I said music 'thread' instead of forum.

You do have to like a certain kind of music in there not to be ridiculed, it's called 'good music'.

On topic though, 'Soccer' is a bit broad a thread, let's be honest.

It's like having a 'Rock' thread, for anything to do with any band, gig, preference, question, and so on.

forumcrew
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
That's not how the music forum is at all, by the way.

Anyway, the point is: Close the duplicates or merge them if they are pointless. There are more than a few NBA and NFL threads because they are of a different purpose to the main one.

With a single football thread you have to cross-debate many subjects. It's pointless.

-AC

yea but thats why dexx allows for some of those subjects to retain multiple threads, some times they do serve a purpose. Its just in general too many people make a thread just to ask some random question about something or make a comment that could easily be made in the main thread of that subject.

Smasandian
Just realised I said music 'thread' instead of forum.

You do have to like a certain kind of music in there not to be ridiculed, it's called 'good music'.

On topic though, 'Soccer' is a bit broad a thread, let's be honest.

It's like having a 'Rock' thread, for anything to do with any band, gig, preference, question, and so on.

But good is an opinion in terms of music, so if I said Tool isnt as good as let say hmmm, new Nine Inch Nails, is that opinion or is that a fact?

In terms of the NFL thread, why would somebody need to make another thread to talk about NFL, or NBA or MLB, if they'res anything to discuss, it should be discussed in the thread accordingly.
The only thing I can think of the warrents another thread is for an event like the World Cup or the World Baseball Classic(not the superbowl), because they'res plenty of dicussion that is relevelent to the that specfic topic.
But what's the point of an soccer thread and a World Cup thread if they're talking about the same thing (ex England's lineup)? (By no means, that I'm saying that they are, I'm just using that as an example.)

Myth
Music forum is NOT analogous to the sports forum. The "rock genre" cannot be merged because all bands are completely separate. In the NBA, each team is linked by competition.

Alpha Centauri
But good is an opinion in terms of music, so if I said Tool isnt as good as let say hmmm, new Nine Inch Nails, is that opinion or is that a fact?

Opinion, but let us not forget that there are more credible opinions than others.

-AC

Victor Von Doom

Doesn't warrant a serious reply, as it was a flippant comment in the first place.

But what's the point of an soccer thread and a World Cup thread if they're talking about the same thing (ex England's lineup)? (By no means, that I'm saying that they are, I'm just using that as an example.)

Precisely. Which raises the obvious question- why have a single thread called 'soccer' at all?

Smasandian
Because it's easy.

Victor Von Doom
Because it's easy.

A lot of things are easy. Doesn't make it the better option.

PINBALL
Maybe if you don't like your threads getting closed don't make stupid ones like this.....

Smasandian
A lot of things are easy. Doesn't make it the better option.

So what's better?

One thread concerning the sport of the NFL?

Or 15 threads concerning individual games during the season or teams?

Wouldnt that create unnessecary waste when it could easily be discussed in one thread?

Dexx
Originally posted by forumcrew
yea but thats why dexx allows for some of those subjects to retain multiple threads, some times they do serve a purpose. Its just in general too many people make a thread just to ask some random question about something or make a comment that could easily be made in the main thread of that subject.
i think this pretty much sums it up about what's to be said on this topic.

there are main threads for each of the sports that you want to talk about. if there isn't...you make one.
if i see that a discussion has started outside the main thread of the sport, i may or may not let it continue, depending on
1. how silly it's blatant displacement is stick out tongue (translated in: is this eligible 'separate thread' material)
2. how sparked it's discussion is. if interest is shown and people are really using the thread, i know that by closing it and trelling them to use the main thread i would be kind of killing the subject. thus....some stay open.

but most do not. because...simply enough. they are either silly OR perfectly fit in the main thread. as stated above. thank you.

and yes, i do have a fetish about closing threads, if you really must know, bogen. it just...does my thing...sry. some ppl smoke..others drink..do drugs. and i close threads

T.M
WOW... feel the love for Dexx big grin

I agree with everyone though.. your doing a great job yes

Victor Von Doom
So what's better?

One thread concerning the sport of the NFL?

Or 15 threads concerning individual games during the season or teams?

Wouldnt that create unnessecary waste when it could easily be discussed in one thread?

Then don't have 15 threads. People still try to create them anyway and they get closed. Just requires some practical moderating.

Dexx
shifty
oh..c'mon everybody....have some biscuits

El_NINO
There really isnt a need to open up new threads to debate over 1 game or debate 1 player to another.... thats just a waste.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Dexx
shifty
oh..c'mon everybody....have some biscuits

Humour aside, you're the mod. Shouldn't you be listening to the suggestions that are actually for the better and making changes?

-AC

BobbyD
Agreed! Dexx, you have an itchy trigger finger!

cool

Dexx
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Humour aside, you're the mod. Shouldn't you be listening to the suggestions that are actually for the better and making changes?

-AC
ofcourse i should. as it is..it seems most of you agree that there is mostly no need for more than one thread per sport.
i say "mostly" because there are allowed exceptions.

Myth
Originally posted by BobbyD
Agreed! Dexx, you have an itchy trigger finger!

cool

I rather like his trigger finger. Puts an end to crappy unnecessary threads. In fact, I suggest he closes this one. wink

Dexx
yes..i was thinking about that. i;m gonna leave it open though, in case anyone has some more complaints that we can figure out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.