Superboy(kon-el) vs The Fantastic four

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jesserw21
who wins?

Juntai
Superboy.

golem370
If it's not the Prime Superboy he lose after a little of a fight.

Juntai
Not really, Golem, save a Reed Richards plot device, it would take incredible work for these these guys to even slow Kon El.
They might get a couple of ten, where they pull some crazy teamwork out, save that though. . . . at base value, they have nothing to hold against him. He's too strong, too fast, heat vision, telekensis. It's a wrap.

Soleran
Originally posted by Juntai
Not really, Golem, save a Reed Richards plot device, it would take incredible work for these these guys to even slow Kon El.
They might get a couple of ten, where they pull some crazy teamwork out, save that though. . . . at base value, they have nothing to hold against him. He's too strong, too fast, heat vision, telekensis. It's a wrap.

thumb up

Speedblitz! lol laughing

Juntai
Doesn't even have to be that. He can send the Tactile-TK through the ground, and make Ben punch out the unawares/unsuspecting Sue, take out Johnny and Ben, then use Reed like wrapping paper and tie them all up inside him and knot his lets and arms together, and fly off to stop a tidal wave or something.

grey fox
Or he could just pull thing apart at the molecular levle...ouchies.

Juntai
Maybe.. Think he could be willed apart?
If Superboy wasn't such a nice guy, he'd be a wicked dude to deal with.

golem370
What about Sue going invisible before he see her and traps him in a force field until Reed can get a weapon to stop him.

Juntai
Originally posted by golem370
What about Sue going invisible before he see her and traps him in a force field until Reed can get a weapon to stop him. Who's more likely to react first though?

Either way, I don't see her forcefield holding him. His TK seems like it blow her force field out to me. The stress he could put on it would probably be too much for her. He was 100 class, back in his solo series in the mid-90's as a young teen, with his telekensis alone, before his strength ever came into play. He was shown lifting an entire mideval castle into the air, and the dirt it was on, while holding it all together with his will so it didn't break apart... and without stressing really. In fact, he said " I am the man! I am SO the man!"

TheKahn

That about covers it. Hell, all he'd really have to do is fly a few miles above the F4 and take them out at range using a mix of his telescopic and heat vision. Maybe with enough time to prepare for the fight or with the right weapons I could see the F4 win, but in a standard fight following the forum rules I see Connor taking a majority.

What about Sue going invisible before he see her and traps him in a force field until Reed can get a weapon to stop him.
I'm not sure if her reaction times are fast enough to catch Connor in the first place and since Kryptonians now have "soul" vision (what the hell?) I'm not sure if her invisibility would hide her from SB. Exactly what weapon(s) does Reed normally carry around with him that would allow him to beat Superboy?

Tron
Maybe.. Think he could be willed apart?
If Superboy wasn't such a nice guy, he'd be a wicked dude to deal with.

Like Black Zero? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Big Sexy
Whats to stop a force bubble exploding in Conners Brain?

Juntai
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Whats to stop a force bubble exploding in Conners Brain? What's to stop Superboy from making her and Thing go into a headbutt contest?

But your answer is--- Sue's not a killer.
But it would be questionable if it could get past his ttk.

Soleran
Whats to stop a force bubble exploding in Conners Brain?

Not to mention Superboy is MUCH faster then the F4 so he is going to get the jump on all of them.

golem370
What in the hell is the point of making a thread like this if your going to bastardize it like that.

Juntai
What do you mean?

golem370
If everytime you make a thread wether it's you are anybody and makes a thread the word Speedblitz or there just not fast enough to atempt anything then what the hell is the point of making it in the first place. Also If the characters are suppose to be at there best couldn't Sue be in Herald form thats her most powerful version right and Human Torch to.

Tron
At their best still means they're in their common forms, so no, they wouldn't be in "herald" form unless stated at the start of the thread.

Big Sexy
If everytime you make a thread wether it's you are anybody and makes a thread the word Speedblitz or there just not fast enough to atempt anything then what the hell is the point of making it in the first place. Also If the characters are suppose to be at there best couldn't Sue be in Herald form thats her most powerful version right and Human Torch to.
Yes been then they would kill Conner and my guess is the thread starter doesn't want that.

Juntai
If everytime you make a thread wether it's you are anybody and makes a thread the word Speedblitz or there just not fast enough to atempt anything then what the hell is the point of making it in the first place. Also If the characters are suppose to be at there best couldn't Sue be in Herald form thats her most powerful version right and Human Torch to. They fight at optimum levels,they don't appear in their greatest form they've ever been in automaticaly.

Juntai
Yes been then they would kill Conner and my guess is the thread starter doesn't want that. How? A bubble in the brain?

Sue doesn't and won't fight like that.
On the other hand, Super can and does utilize superspeed.
See the difference?
It's certainly a viable option.

golem370
Maybe but Superman fought Doomsday the first time he was using his top form. These characters don't always fight by speedblitzing all the time. Is'nt Sue's and Johnny strongest level as a herald?

Big Sexy
Dude, all I see is you rationalizing Sue but then backing the idea of Conner attacking her at full force. Your tipping the scales.

golem370
For one thing this is Superboy not Man I always thought he only flew at Mach speed or little better. Things has took shots from someone just as strong as Superman even speedblitz puches and much more and yes he was down for a few minutes but got back up.

golem370
Whats they point of the thread if they lose instantly

Juntai
Dude, all I see is you rationalizing Sue but then backing the idea of Conner attacking her at full force. Your tipping the scales. All I see is you trying to have Sue utilize tactics you know damn well she won't, while I'm simply saying, and several others in agreement, that Kon can and does fight like that. Sue is not a killer. Read your forum rules again.

Here's the one about Bloodlust.
It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first picosecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed.

It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels. --------- Notice it doesn't mention anything about them automatically having the highest powers they've ever obtained. It says they fight at optimum.

Again... later... in the part about CIS

Character Induced Stupidity, or CIS, on the other hand, refers to any natural mental limitations that characters impose upon themselves and reduce their ability to use their own skills and powers effectively.

Big Sexy
So CIS is allowed.

And as far as living to character personality. I don't see Conner(a softy) attacking someone like Sue at full force. Maybe Ben but not Sue. Just like him fighting WG, you know he could fight her at top speed, but he wouldn't.( unless you count when he turned evil)

Grimm22
Wait not SBP right? confused

If not then FF. I mean heck Karate Kid pwned Superboy. wink

Validus
Karate Kid pwned the Pre-Crisis Legion....

I see this as a split or slight edge to Conner.

Grimm22
Wait this is Superboy (Conner Kent)?!?

Oh then definitly FF. wink

golem370
He got beat by Spider-Man stick out tongue

golem370
Recently, as his Kryptonian physiology matures, Superboy had started to gain superpowers that aren't derived from his tactile telekinesis, including heat vision, x-ray vision, superhearing, superspeed; additionally, Superboy also discovered he was no longer reliant on tactile telekinesis for his flight, superstrength, and invulnerability. It's believed that Superboy, like Superman, was starting to absorb the energy of Earth's yellow sun, and thus giving him his Superman-style powers. It is unclear how much of Conner's powers were physical and how much was generated by his Tactile-Telekinesis but his body's strength is substantial. He can move cars with no effort and his upper level of super strength is estimated to be around 80 tons. His top speed easily surpasses the speed of sound and Superboy himself could shrug off cannon fire with ease. Superboy was unable to absorb solar energy as fast as Superman. So, while he was able to fly and use superhuman strength on his own, he could not stay in fight as long as Superman can. If he did, his body starts to eat itself for energy. It has been shown that he does weaken to kryptonite the same exact way as Superman. The only power he never exhibited in any form is super-breath

TheKahn
If everytime you make a thread wether it's you are anybody and makes a thread the word Speedblitz or there just not fast enough to atempt anything then what the hell is the point of making it in the first place.

There really isn't a point other than that people should learn to make better matched threads. There are several powersets that grant a near instant win against characters with either no protection against them or no way to counter them. Examples would be telekinesis, telepathy, matter manipulation, extreme speed, ect. Usually people fail to take these into consideration and you get extremely lopsided fights (just look as the Superman vs Hulk thread, imo).

As to this fight, the CIS stipulation hurts everyone involved as none of them are violently inclined. That being said Connor still has a speed and mobility advantage against the entire team save the Human Torch (and even there Connor is significantly more durable). Thus I don't have a hard time seeing him win a majority using tactics aimed only at K.O.'ing the Fantastic Four. If he takes out Sue early with a "light" (ie non-lethal) hit then I don't see the rest being much of a challenge sans preptime.

Wally West
I think teamwork, experience, intelligence and numbers give the four a slight edge. They've faced down beings lightyears beyond Conner.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.