Darth Nihilus versus Mace, Yoda, Dooku and Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BLAK FOX
Fight!
Happy Dance

Null ARC Avis
it may as well be the entire SW galaxy without the vong and the exile vs nihilus. Guess who wins. Nihilus!!!

BLAK FOX
Well in order to make such an assumption you would have to prove that Nihilus will be able to consume them while fending off lightning from Dooku and Sidious.

truejedi
um, 3 second fight, bye bye nihilus.

Null ARC Avis
umm NO. Nihilus EATS the force. lightning is an appetizer. the team wont get to move. they will be dead already.

BLAK FOX
Sorry? How does he 'eat' lightning.

Null ARC Avis
it is FORCE lightning.

DarthSaboteur
Any versus thread with Nihilus in it (besides any thread with the Exile as the opposition) comes out with Nihilus on top.

BLAK FOX
How though? Just because he has one instakill. Is there any proof that he would be able to perform said instakill when having to fend of lightning from Dooku and Sidious and saber blows from Mace and Yoda?

Null ARC Avis
THEY WONT F'ING MOVE! HE EATS THE FORCE. THEY WONT EVEN BE ABLE TO LIFT THERE HANDS BEFORE THE DIE!

BLAK FOX
However it is an active attack so if Dooku or Sidious are able to attack him with lightning before he can drain them, and at least one of them would be able to, it would keep him too busy and he wouldn't be able to drain the others as he would be too busy blocking the lightning.

Null ARC Avis
are you retarded? he eats the fuc*ing force. there is nothing they can do. they lose. period. no questions asked. the only people who can beat nihilus are the exile and very elite yuuzahn vong. that is it. he eats the force. force lightning is the force. the jedi and sith are of the force. he eats them in a heartbeat. he eats there lightning in a heartbeat. he wins. period. no questions asked.

BLAK FOX
Yes, you've already said that however you have failed to refute my point. So until you have, quit with the ZOMG HE EATZ DA FORCE.

Null ARC Avis
your point is that what if sidious and dooku use lightning before he eats them? well he eats the lightning and then he eats all of them. if they do manage to pull it off first than it will only be a split second before he uses his power. it will take more than that for the lightning to hit him. he will eat it and than eat them. Also it will take a relatively long time before yoda or mace can ignite there sabers. way to long to live.

BLAK FOX
Ok why don't you try to explain what you believe to be the full nature of Nihilus' ability because I don't see what you're getting at with 'he eats the lightning'.

Lightsnake
Is there proof Nihilius's attack is unblockable by two people who can move insanely fast, fast enough to get up to and put a saber through Nihilius in a split second, block people from their powers, and two people who also happen to know all the Sith techniques-in fact, one of them is a 'black hole' in the force and can do what Nihilius did- and the other knows all defensive and offensive lightside techniques.

And saying force attacks won't work on Nihilius because he eats the force? Asinine

Null ARC Avis
the lightning is FORCE lightning. Nihilus absorbs, or as everyone here calls it, eats, the FORCE. have you ever read anything on nihilus or played kotor two? and what i mean by he eats the lightning is that THE TEAM CANT TOUCH HIM BEFORE THEY ARE ALL DEAD!

Null ARC Avis
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Is there proof Nihilius's attack is unblockable by two people who can move insanely fast, fast enough to get up to and put a saber through Nihilius in a split second, block people from their powers, and two people who also happen to know all the Sith techniques-in fact, one of them is a 'black hole' in the force and can do what Nihilius did- and the other knows all defensive and offensive lightside techniques.

And saying force attacks won't work on Nihilius because he eats the force? Asinine yes i am saying a force attack wont work on him because he ABSORBS it. you cant drown a fish.

BLAK FOX
What I don't get is why he thinks Nihilus 'eats' force lightning. I mean he can drain the force from living beings and because of that he is able to 'eat' lightning? WTF.

Lightsnake
Wow, Avis, and is the technique unblockable by people whose mastery extends to every power of the dark and light and a guy who can do EXACTLY what Nihilius did? And people who need a split second alone to kill him? Yoda twitches his wrist, FIGHT OVER

BLAK FOX
Originally posted by Null ARC Avis
yes i am saying a force attack wont work on him because he ABSORBS it. you cant drown a fish.

He is able to consume the force from living beings. Not from objects or simple matter.

Null ARC Avis
Nihilus stands there. FIGHT IS F'ING OVER. THEY CANT WIN. NO FORCE USER CAN BEAT HIM!

truejedi
yes i am saying a force attack wont work on him because he ABSORBS it. you cant drown a fish.

yes, maybe he eats the force, but he isn't that powerful (and i did play KOTOR 2, i just remember killing nihilus, and not having a hard time doing it) he can't absorb the force from 4 attackers at once. Plus he can't kill them all, they don't need a force attack, they could attack him without the force and win.

Lightsnake
Sorry, Avis, Sidious is a black hole in the force, Yoda is too fast...Ni loses

BLAK FOX
You can't just state your opinion as fact when it is clear that you have alread been plain wrong about the topic, for instance when you said that he would be able to drain the force from simple matter.

Null ARC Avis
Sorry, Avis, Sidious is a black hole in the force, Yoda is too fast...Ni loses you are the biggest fanboy ever. SIDIOUS IS IN THE FORCE! HE CAN BE DRAINED. Yoda can not move at lightspeed. You are partialy right blak fow. he cant drain the force from simple matter. He can drain it from those four. he drained an entire planet remember? There is not fight. Nihilus just drains them. he moves on.

truejedi
Nihilus stands there. FIGHT IS F'ING OVER. THEY CANT WIN. NO FORCE USER CAN BEAT HIM!
so perhaps, could clone troopers beat him? a jedi without the force is just a trained swordsman, but even four trained swordsmen could beat nihilus in hand to hand combat, all we know about him is from KOTOR 2, and he was a pathetic combatant

Lightsnake
Really now? So why was Sids described as 'devouring darkness'? Seems strange, especially when he can ALSO use the drain technique...and move much faster than poor Nihilius. Sids drained planets too, not that big a deal, and once more: No proof the drain ability cannot be blocked

Null ARC Avis
Originally posted by truejedi
so perhaps, could clone troopers beat him? a jedi without the force is just a trained swordsman, but even four trained swordsmen could beat nihilus in hand to hand combat, all we know about him is from KOTOR 2, and he was a pathetic combatant no he wasn't. you may have beaten him because you leveled your charecter up well enough. everyone is in the force. think of it as a glass of water. jedi are a pretty full glass of water (the water is the force). normal people are still of the force, only they are not as full. you can still drink it though right?

truejedi
Really now? So why was Sids described as 'devouring darkness'? Seems strange, especially when he can ALSO use the drain technique...and move much faster than poor Nihilius. Sids drained planets too, not that big a deal, and once more: No proof the drain ability cannot be blocked

THANK YOU! you have four of the most powerful force users of all time, and he's acting like nothing can be done to stop nihilus from draining them all. If its true that nobody can block the drain attack, then Nihilus is the stupidest star wars character ever. Kinda for the same reason you never see the comic book "the invincible man" because thats just stupid. More proof that it can be blocked, if you use the "drain" ability on other characters during the game, they can block it.

truejedi
no he wasn't. you may have beaten him because you leveled your charecter up well enough. everyone is in the force. think of it as a glass of water. jedi are a pretty full glass of water (the water is the force). normal people are still of the force, only they are not as full. you can still drink it though right?

yes, but can you drink four glasses of full water empty at the same time?

BLAK FOX
I would just like to make two points clear about Nihilus. He consumes the living force (which is inside living beings, not general bits of matter), and his technique is active and the time it takes depends on how big the attack is.

Xepeyon
No, and bad illustration. the Force has shown the ability to be able to use it several targets at once. Drain, Stasis, Battle Meditation, Lightining, Push, Pull, sometimes Choke, Heal, and other powers are effective against multiple people. about the illu., I was thinking about something I saw on the internet. a guy squeezed two burgers into his mouth. So I thought: "If they held them all together, somebody could probly drink em' all. "

Great Vengeance
Im inclined to agree with Lightsnake, Nihilus is overrated on these forums. You cant just assume force drain cant be blocked without proof, and if force drain can be blocked then that leaves Nihilus to his own power which isnt that impressive.

overlord
NOBODY CAN BEAT YODA!!!!!!

Janus Marius
Does anyone actually know the prep time for Nihilus? Anyone?

jollyjim311
What is the exact quote saying that Nihilus alone without the massive military force that he had "drained" a whole planet? Word for word, please. I don't have the game, I played it at my cousin's house.

DarthSaboteur
Originally posted by jollyjim311
What is the exact quote saying that Nihilus alone without the massive military force that he had "drained" a whole planet? Word for word, please. I don't have the game, I played it at my cousin's house. Taking lines from Visas' dialogue and soon after this post is written I'll put some other lines about Nihilus' power in here:

Exile: I don't understand - it would have taken several Republic cruisers to destroy the surface of Katarr.

Visas: It was not a thing done with machines or weapons. The Force is far more terrible, and it touches more lives than any machine can hope to slay.

Visas: For every one that feels the Force, strongly, deeply, each one feels and perceives it in their own way. You have strengths, whether you know it or not. And my master has his.

Visas: His power is great, and it comes from hunger. He is a wound in the Force, more presence than flesh, and in his wake, life dies... sacrificing itself to his hunger.

Visas: And those who feel the Force strongly are beacons to his hunger. My people, my planet, would have been attacked in time, it was inevitable, yet we could do nothing about it.

KMC Dark Lord
The trio wins. Nihlus can eat the force from Mace Windu but he cant eat the black out of him. He'll just go from MAce Windu mode to Sameul L. Jackson mode. He then proceeeds to WTFpwn Nihlus, Yoda, and the emperor. no expression

You all greatly underestimate black people.

DarthSaboteur
Originally posted by KMC Dark Lord
The trio wins. Nihlus can eat the force from Mace Windu but he cant eat the black out of him. He'll just go from MAce Windu mode to Sameul L. Jackson mode. He then proceeeds to WTFpwn Nihlus, Yoda, and the emperor. no expression

You all greatly underestimate black people. Samuel L. Jackson>>>>R2-D2, Nekkid Padme, TPM Anakin and C-3P0>All

KMC Dark Lord
Originally posted by DarthSaboteur
Samuel L. Jackson>>>>R2-D2, Nekkid Padme, TPM Anakin and C-3P0>All

*Nods head in agreement.*

jollyjim311
Yay for racism! May I get a what what?

KMC Dark Lord
Yay for racism! May I get a what what?

WHAT WHAT!!!!!!!

Janus Marius
Oh snap.

DE Luke
Oh crap.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by KMC Dark Lord
WHAT WHAT!!!!!!!

Yeah, that was sarcasm. Try to be a little less racist and a little more on topic. Sound good?
Anyway, If any of the team could initiate in a saber or force fight before Nihilus can attack, then, they have him beat. All they need to do is be quicker.

truejedi
well i still don't see any proof that his attack couldn't be blocked, i mean, four jedi masters at once? Now granted, kreia killed four jedi master all at once, and you know what? it infuriated me. I spend the entire game chasing these guys down, and when i find them, kreia kills them. Nothing i could do. i played that scene over and over and over. She kills them every time. i finally figured that out.

KMC Dark Lord
Yeah, that was sarcasm. Try to be a little less racist and a little more on topic. Sound good?

actually thats soudns like crap. And thats not racism. If I sad "Mace is better than Dooku cause Dooku is white." then that would be racist. But I didn't. So...yeah, just...go home.

darthsith19
I'll go out on a limb and say that Nihilus wins cause he drains them of their powers with his all consuming Force-Drain ability. no expression

KMC Dark Lord
I have already said who will win countless times in nhilus threads. So I have no input really other than to annoy Santa.

Great Vengeance
I formally decree that Nihilus sucks.

Janus Marius
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
I formally decree that Nihilus sucks.

... the Force.

Jonathan Mark
Anyway, If any of the team could initiate in a saber or force fight before Nihilus can attack, then, they have him beat. All they need to do is be quicker.
Dude... WTF?

Racism? Wow you're clueless. I guess you don't understand the idea of a joke do you? The same way with you're paranoia about using the word "rape" roll eyes (sarcastic)

Janus Marius
He has special issues.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Janus Marius
... the Force.

.........from everyone but the exile.

DarthSaboteur
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
.........from everyone but the exile.

Originally posted by Janus Marius
He has special issues.

True Fox
Does anyone here actually think that Nihilus can use his technique while being attacked?

Janus Marius
I don't think so, considering he had to freeze the entire trio before he could drain one of them.

True Fox
Well then I don't really see how he can win this fight. I'm giving it to the pt team.

PurpleSaber
God I hate Nihilous and all of the arguments supporting him.

Admiral Akbar
Lawlz..

KMC Dark Lord
Yo Jolly you wanna see a ncie pic of differant races in harmony??!!!

http://www.funny-games.biz/pictures/owned/OWNEDLMFAO.jpg

Kogane
I know this probably isn't going to change anyone's opinion, but I think Darth Nihilus would win. He absorbed The Force from everyone on Katarr, a planet inhabited by a race of extremely force-sensitive beings, while he was orbiting in space, so I'm sure that severing and draining 4 guys wouldn't be that much of a problem. The more force energy he absorbs, the more powerful he gets. That would put his raw force power above that of all 4 combined, given he is at the height of his power. Because of his knowledge of the secret dark side technique distant power, which allowed him to increase the range of a force power, in his case, he could reach anywhere in the star system. This is how he drained and killed the inhabitants of an entire planet while remaining far away in the planet's orbit. He could sever the four of them from The Force before they could even see Darth Nihilus. Even if Sidious or Dooku (I'm excluding Yoda and Mace because this is a Dark Side power) knew this power, which I doubt they did, they probably wouldn't have as much range and defiantly not the effect as Nihilus because of their lesser force energy, and not as frequent use of the technique. If Darth Nihilus severed all four from The Force, which he would immediately do, then they wouldn't be able to use any force techniques at all. Go to the Star Wars wiki and look up Force Power to see a full list. They would be reduced to a middle aged man, 2 old men, one really old green alien with lightsabers. Although they are masters with a lightsaber, they rely heavily on force techniques (force speed, force jump, precognition ect.) to give them an edge. Darth Nihilus would still have all these force powers at his disposal, meaning he could finish them off with force lightning, force choke, or pretty much anything he wanted to use. Alternatively if for some reason he decided to use his own lightsaber, he could probably kill them using the force to enhance his reflexes, strength, and predict his opponents moves.

And yes, Darth Nihilus is really a cheap character. The reason he was killed is because he tried to sever and drain the Jedi Exile, who had a power very similar to Darth Nihilus, though much weaker. She unconsciously fed off the death of others to increase her force energy, while Nihilus did the exact same thing, but consiously. So when Nihilus tried to sever and drain her force energy, he failed, leaving him exhausted and an easy kill. It seems like in order to kill him, you would need him attempt to absorb the force from a person with a similar power as his. Seeing how they were the only two who had that ability, any opponent besides her just seems like an easy kill for him.

Sorry for the long message, I just wanted to completely explain my opinion.

^,..,^ Alucard is amazing!

* ^,..,^ * Edward is not...

Letum Lettow
Originally posted by Kogane
I know this probably isn't going to change anyone's opinion, but I think Darth Nihilus would win. He absorbed The Force from everyone on Katarr, a planet inhabited by a race of extremely force-sensitive beings, while he was orbiting in space, so I'm sure that severing and draining 4 guys wouldn't be that much of a problem. The more force energy he absorbs, the more powerful he gets. That would put his raw force power above that of all 4 combined, given he is at the height of his power. Because of his knowledge of the secret dark side technique distant power, which allowed him to increase the range of a force power, in his case, he could reach anywhere in the star system. This is how he drained and killed the inhabitants of an entire planet while remaining far away in the planet's orbit. He could sever the four of them from The Force before they could even see Darth Nihilus. Even if Sidious or Dooku (I'm excluding Yoda and Mace because this is a Dark Side power) knew this power, which I doubt they did, they probably wouldn't have as much range and defiantly not the effect as Nihilus because of their lesser force energy, and not as frequent use of the technique. If Darth Nihilus severed all four from The Force, which he would immediately do, then they wouldn't be able to use any force techniques at all. Go to the Star Wars wiki and look up Force Power to see a full list. They would be reduced to a middle aged man, 2 old men, one really old green alien with lightsabers. Although they are masters with a lightsaber, they rely heavily on force techniques (force speed, force jump, precognition ect.) to give them an edge. Darth Nihilus would still have all these force powers at his disposal, meaning he could finish them off with force lightning, force choke, or pretty much anything he wanted to use. Alternatively if for some reason he decided to use his own lightsaber, he could probably kill them using the force to enhance his reflexes, strength, and predict his opponents moves.

And yes, Darth Nihilus is really a cheap character. The reason he was killed is because he tried to sever and drain the Jedi Exile, who had a power very similar to Darth Nihilus, though much weaker. She unconsciously fed off the death of others to increase her force energy, while Nihilus did the exact same thing, but consiously. So when Nihilus tried to sever and drain her force energy, he failed, leaving him exhausted and an easy kill. It seems like in order to kill him, you would need him attempt to absorb the force from a person with a similar power as his. Seeing how they were the only two who had that ability, any opponent besides her just seems like an easy kill for him.

Sorry for the long message, I just wanted to completely explain my opinion.

^,..,^ Alucard is amazing!

* ^,..,^ * Edward is not...

****ING NECROMANCERS!

HOW DO THEY WORK?!

Zampanó
This is not a thing to apologize for. If you want to take a position then you may as well reason it out fully. It was written like a competent speaker and thought out at every step. The only problem is that there is some information that you might not have.

The first important point to note is that N. may not even be able to use the drain on these combatants. While there "was no defense" during the K0T0R era, that doesn't have to be true during the time period of the Prequel Trilogy. There is a technique that both Sidious and Dooku know, called the Quey`tek technique. This masks the user's connection to the Force completely. It'll be difficult for N. to attack and sever a connection that he cannot find.

Another factoid of import is this: The drain is ambiguous at best. We do not know if it can be used at a whim or not. Without that information, it is a little difficult to determine how effective it is in combat. If it requires a ritual or preparation, then it can't be used in a confrontation that he wasn't expecting.

Third, your scenario included the idea that N. could attack from space. In battles, the combatants aren't usually allowed time to prepare for their adversaries. Making N. aware of the movie characters (but not them aware of him) isn't a fair contest. (More to the point, when one of the people being surprise-attacked can sense deaths from the other side of the galaxy, there is something a little bit wrong with the starting assumptions. Yoda wouldn't get jumped by N.)

Finally, Sidious is canonically the most powerful Sith Lord in the mythos. When he is accompanied by Dooku, who was "one of the most powerful Jedi in the Order's 25,000 year history" and "an even greater Sith," it is difficult to imagine him losing very many fights at all that he might lose. Tossing in Yoda, "the most powerful foe the darkness had ever known" and Mace I-eat-darksiders-for-breakfast Windu makes this fight one that N. cannot win.

It might not be totally one-sided; N. has one of the more impressive telekinesis feats in all of Star Wars. However, no matter how much cooler N. is than all of these posers, there is simply no way that he could actually win.

_________
Edit: Please ignore Letum Lettow. He is trying to get himself banned and so is being a jerk.

Pyron_Knight
Nihilus stomps.

Zampanó
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
Nihilus stomps.
No.

Lord Lucien
Pyron Knight is a relic of the old days.

Zampanó
Much like yourGideon's mom's virginity (which I still have).

Lord Lucien
Shut up! Do you not understand how dangerous that paradox is?

P.S. I still have yours. But not in the way you think.

P.P.S. You thinks it's gay.

Gideon
What impressive feat is this of Nihilus's telekinesis?

Pyron_Knight
Originally posted by Gideon
What impressive feat is this of Nihilus's telekinesis?

Tearing the Ravager away from a gravity well.
Also constantly holding it together while it flies through space.

But you guys obviously don't know what the Ancient Sith can do. THey blow up stars, okay? Can Palpatine blow up stars?
Yeah I don't think so.

I mean, Simus could survive as just a head. Vader lost some arms and legs and he's pretty much useless now.

Ancient Sith > sll.

AthenasTrgrFngr
. THey blow up stars, okay? Can Palpatine blow up stars?
Yeah I don't think so.

No ancient sith has ever blown up a star without the use of a ship.

Simus couldn't defend himself from a blaster bolt.

Lord Lucien
Tearing the Ravager away from a gravity well.
Also constantly holding it together while it flies through space.

But you guys obviously don't know what the Ancient Sith can do. THey blow up stars, okay? Can Palpatine blow up stars?
Yeah I don't think so.

I mean, Simus could survive as just a head. Vader lost some arms and legs and he's pretty much useless now.

Ancient Sith > sll. You're bad at this game.

Pyron_Knight
What game?

Lord Lucien
facepalm

Letum Lettow
If it functions like a mask, I doubt it will work. If it suppresses or something as its mechanism, then maybe.

But we have to account that Nihilus might not even have a physical body to speak of, and even if he does it might not be very useful to him or even relevant. Nihilus was starving at the time he fought the exile, combine that with trying to feed on something like him, Visas messing with the connection, and the stress of attempting to fight them off, he might have just died from exhaustion of some sorts.

PS: That fight could have been so damn awesome....

S_W_LeGenD

Slash_KMC
So if he can defeat anyone except for the Exile. Can he also win against Revan?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
So if he can defeat anyone except for the Exile. Can he also win against Revan?
Yes.

Revan would only have a chance if he unleashes long range force powers.

Nephthys
N. would annihilate Revan.

Shoes
Originally posted by Nephthys
N. would annihilate Revan.

I am not.

Nephthys
I see your wit is still as sharp as ever.

Shoes
I am.

Nephthys
Deep.

Gideon
I was never given the exact quote, source, and citation for Nihilus's uber feat of telekinesis, so if someone wouldn't mind....

Zampanó
Shut up, Gideon.

Gideon
I accept your concession, but secretly hope you'll rise to the challenge.

Galan007
I was never given the exact quote, source, and citation for Nihilus's uber feat of telekinesis, so if someone wouldn't mind.... Which feat specifically? Owning a planet full of force adepts, or pulling the Ravager from a gravity well/holding it together?

If you're referring to the latter bit(s), then I am also curious.

Gideon
His telekinetic feats with the Ravager, his fleet, and whatever else he is alleged to have pulled from Malachor.

Galan007
I would also like to know.

Gideon
I'D LIKE TO NO MOAR

Galan007
mhmermm

Slash_KMC
I want to know more as well. Give me information!

From what I know, pulling the Ravager from Malachor was stated in one of the loading screens. The feat with the entire fleet however was told by that guy on the Ravager. Tobin or whatever the hell his name is.

RE: Blaxican
YES. NOODZ!

Pyron_Knight

Gideon
I was aware of Tobin, but personally don't find mind dominated minions all that convincing.

I'm looking for incontrovertible proof from an omniscient source. The loading screen will suffice, though I'd like the exact quote and (if possible) either screencaps or a video.

Not to mention if Nihilus is the only thing holding the ship together, it would likely have been destroyed the moment he died.

Zampanó
Where did you get "the only thing holding the ship together" from?

Gideon
If Tobin and Canderous are to be believed, the state of the Ravager's structure was entirely compromised. Tobin's response to Canderous's assessment of its hull's integrity indicates that Nihilus is the only active force keeping the ship together. Thus, it stands to reason, if Nihilus is dead, there's nothing that would maintain the ship's present state.

If there were, Nihilus wouldn't feel the need to hold it together as Tobin suggests.

Toshi

Zampanó
Not so. Canderous said "The ship is barely holding itself together the structural damage should have destroyed it long ago," indicating that the Ravager's compromised structure is no longer able to withstand normal use. That is to say, the g-forces applied by the engines would tear it apart. N. prevented that from happening while it was in transit. There is no force acting on the ship to tear it apart between the time N. dies and when you get off the ship.

Unless there is a reason that it would fall apart (like the engines' shear forces) then there is no reason to "hold it together." Floating in space, the Ravager wasn't exposed to any such force during the small time that N. was dead. Tobin's assessment is not invalid.

erm

Gideon
You have a source indicating that Nihilus only held the ship together in transit?

Gideon
The reason I ask is that my computer @ dad's is too slow to load the Youtube video.

Letum Lettow
He held it together and kpet the crew alive during hyperspace transit and the very least.

Zampanó
You have a source indicating that Nihilus only held the ship together in transit?
erm

Nope. I have a rationalization that indicates that Tobin's accolade is not necessarily invalid. Because of your own preference for including, rather than excluding canon from deliberation, I thought you would appreciate this help.

Slash_KMC
Still, Tobin isn't a valid source. He wasn't there and while on the Ravager he was being controlled by the one he was verbally inflating. And yes, if someone could take a screenshot of the loading screen, that would be great. Google proved to be useless once more.

Zampanó
Tobin isn't an authoritative source. That is to say, his word is not as powerful as the narrator's, for example. Taken as a component of the evidence in favor of N.'s power, however, (along with the loading screen and Visas's opinions, as well as Kreia) the picture becomes clearer.

truejedi
Tobin is a traitor, Kreia is a proven liar, so her word is useless. Visa is a traumatized child with Stockholm Syndrome, and we all still need to see that loading screen.

(i know it exists, i've seen it myself, but i think it is good practice to ask for the evidence to be produced)

Zampanó
be quiet.

(I don't have the game installed so I can't do it. Little help?)

DrunknClockwork
Here it is (sry for the quality):

*CLICK*

Slash_KMC

Lucius
I don't think RN is talking about an entire fleet. Star Wars ships accelerate at speeds in the range of a 1000Gs. If the Ravager had compromised structural integrity, the force of that acceleration would literally tear it apart (along with turning everyone inside into a fine paste.)

Gideon
Interesting. The source does not specify how it was pulled.

Dr McBeefington
So we are going to take the word of someone with no force sensitivity, and who has no understanding of the force and its' workings? Riiiiight.

Letum Lettow
Tobin is a traitor, Kreia is a proven liar, so her word is useless. Visa is a traumatized child with Stockholm Syndrome, and we all still need to see that loading screen.

(i know it exists, i've seen it myself, but i think it is good practice to ask for the evidence to be produced) Tobin is loyal to Vaklu, so the pure traitor explanation is bullshit. Officer to General deal going on.

Kreia, while a deciever of the highest order, has it completely in her interest to educate the Exile as fully as possible about Nihilus. She not only has absolutely no reason to lie about Nihilus but has every reason, including self-preservation, to tell at least most of the truth behind his...power... She has no reason or motivation to lie, similarly neither does Visas.

Visas is exactly what you said, but it doesn't make her wrong or a liar. In fact, she is intimately gifted with knowledge about Nihilus power and its functioning.

And yes, it is a good idea to ask to evidence.

Gideon
As a general rule of thumb, fallible third parties aren't considered omniscient or absolute sources. Ever. Under any circumstances.

Zampanó
Originally posted by Lucius
I don't think RN is talking about an entire fleet. Star Wars ships accelerate at speeds in the range of a 1000Gs. If the Ravager had compromised structural integrity, the force of that acceleration would literally tear it apart (along with turning everyone inside into a fine paste.)

This.

Lord Lucien
I remember the cutscenes from KotOR II, and the Sith Interdictors looked pretty whole and functional. If they suffered the same as the Ravager (the prime ship-of-ships of its day) then they should have been torn to pieces. If Nihilus is holding them together as well, he's also using his telekinesis to weld fine details, and give them new paint jobs.

Zampanó
We continue to not be talking about the fleet.

Lord Lucien
Well now that we are...

truejedi
"hauled" is a much less definitive word than "ripped" or "tore"

I would be willing to doubt that "hauled" means he uses the force. that sounds like he used machinery.

Lucius
N was stranded on Malachor V, surrounded by a bunch of crushed ships. He was a soldier during the Mandalorian Wars that was stuck on the planet during the battle.

What machinery was he going to use to tear a multi million kiloton vessel out of an artificial gravity well?

Lord Lucien
"hauled" is a much less definitive word than "ripped" or "tore"

I would be willing to doubt that "hauled" means he uses the force. that sounds like he used machinery. Could also imply a slow, strained pull. I don't think it's ever stated how long it took him.

Lucius
There would be an escape velocity that N would have to overcome if he was pulling it out of the gravity well.

Letum Lettow
There would be an escape velocity that N would have to overcome if he was pulling it out of the gravity well. Escape velocity could techincally be anything.

It's just that going 80 miles an hour on a slow incline takes up a lot of fuel and eventually you would be burning twice the fule for the same speed.

What makes what he did impressive was that Malachor 5 didn't exactly have the most stable gravity field?. Dammit, forgot the terminology.

truejedi
N was stranded on Malachor V, surrounded by a bunch of crushed ships. He was a soldier during the Mandalorian Wars that was stuck on the planet during the battle.

What machinery was he going to use to tear a multi million kiloton vessel out of an artificial gravity well?

a different ship with a tractor beam? They have those in star wars. Who says he was stuck when he commandeered the ravager?

Zampanó
Where, exactly, have we seen a tractor beam powerful enough to liberate a ship from a gravity well? I'd like the source and citation, please.

truejedi
explain the strength of a "gravity well" first.

Pyron_Knight
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
So we are going to take the word of someone with no force sensitivity, and who has no understanding of the force and its' workings? Riiiiight.

His word is better than yours.

Then again, who's isn't?

Zampanó
explain the strength of a "gravity well" first.
link

truejedi
no Kyle, HOW powerful was this one? From the googled link (which I googled before asking you, btw) it seems as though they can vary A LOT.

(oh, the Vong throwing a Moon on Serndipal is the answer to the question anyway, regardless of your upcoming sheepish admission that you don't have any idea)

Lucius
The actual strength of the well is probably between 0.5-1.3G or so since the party members in KOTOR II can walk around perfectly fine on the surface of Malachor V. The gravity in orbit around the "planet" wouldn't be much different until you started getting into really high orbits. It would just be in a state of free fall (falling around the planet.)

Letum Lettow
explain the strength of a "gravity well" first. Gravity wells are what big things in space have.

EDIT: What I was implying wasn't about the strength, but the instability. If it was drifting in orbit, then Nihilus would have had to have brought it down, carefully, then held it there or landed it on a flat plane, either that occurred naturally or that he forcefully made and held with telekinesis.

If it was on ground, it simplifies it.

Either way, Nihilus when he ain't starving is damned powerful. He might have potentially ended up omnomming whole galaxies at a time...

Lord Lucien
Well their life force anyway.

truejedi
Originally posted by Letum Lettow
Gravity wells are what big things in space have.

EDIT: What I was implying wasn't about the strength, but the instability. If it was drifting in orbit, then Nihilus would have had to have brought it down, carefully, then held it there or landed it on a flat plane, either that occurred naturally or that he forcefully made and held with telekinesis.

If it was on ground, it simplifies it.

Either way, Nihilus when he ain't starving is damned powerful. He might have potentially ended up omnomming whole galaxies at a time...

where does it say he did that with the force?

Lord Lucien
Oh come on, really?

truejedi
you ignored my Serndipal comment then?

Eminence
It's irrelevant. Nemesis asked for evidence confirming the existence of a tractor beam powerful enough to haul the Ravager off-world and into space. It should be obvious that he was looking for something that existed within the known galaxy and that Nihilus or his minions actually had a hope of accessing, and it's implied that said machinery would need to be able to act on something smaller than the moon.

Dr McBeefington
His word is better than yours.

Then again, who's isn't?

Notice how you're not getting responses?

Zampanó
no Kyle, HOW powerful was this one? From the googled link (which I googled before asking you, btw) it seems as though they can vary A LOT.
The actual strength of the well is probably between 0.5-1.3G or so since the party members in KOTOR II can walk around perfectly fine on the surface of Malachor V. The gravity in orbit around the "planet" wouldn't be much different until you started getting into really high orbits. It would just be in a state of free fall (falling around the planet.)

(oh, the Vong throwing a Moon on Serndipal is the answer to the question anyway, regardless of your upcoming sheepish admission that you don't have any idea)Originally posted by Eminence
It's irrelevant. Nemesis asked for evidence confirming the existence of a tractor beam powerful enough to haul the Ravager off-world and into space. It should be obvious that he was looking for something that existed within the known galaxy and that Nihilus or his minions actually had a hope of accessing, and it's implied that said machinery would need to be able to act on something smaller than the moon.

Have you noticed that you only use my name when you're getting frustrated?

Pyron_Knight
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
Notice how you're not getting responses?

...uh...I was going to comment on your lack of intelligence but your responding to say I'm not getting responses is all the proof I need.

Dr McBeefington
...uh...I was going to comment on your lack of intelligence but your responding to say I'm not getting responses is all the proof I need.

Getting a fool to do your bidding is easy. Did you come back to this forum just to be laughed out again?

truejedi

Lord Lucien

Pyron_Knight
How very childish of you, DS. I came back out of boredom, if you must know.

But nothing much has changed. You're still getting destroyed in any argument you enter. Maybe if I leave for another year and come back you'll have gained some actual knowledge of Star Wars.

And maybe I'll win the lottery.

Lord Lucien

But nothing much has changed. You're still getting destroyed in any argument you enter. Maybe if I leave for another year and come back you'll have gained some actual knowledge of Star Wars.

And maybe I'll win the lottery. I wouldn't bother, you'll never out-argue him.

Dr McBeefington

And maybe I'll win the lottery.

Wow, what an insecure little retard, I find that amusing. I haven't been in any arguments as of late to be "destroyed", and you wouldn't know what an argument is, seeing as you've never made one and got laughed out of KMC. But your return is indeed humorous, you're trolling already. Keep it up!

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I wouldn't bother, you'll never out-argue him.

He wouldn't know where to start.

Zampanó
I only use your name because I don't know what to call you anymore. Z?

i am far from frustrated over a star wars thread, I assure you of that.

You still need to come up with something that suggests N used the force to lift the ravager. I don't even see the suggestion of that.
Quote: The Ravager was hauled from the gravity well at Malachor V by its new master. He used it to escape imprisonment on Malachor V.

Just looking at the second sentence, we see that N. was imprisoned on Malachor V. This indicates that he was on the surface of the planet. We know that the gravity is roughly equal to Earth's gravity, because humans are capable of walking normally on the surface. (The cutscenes with Kreia, Mira, Sion, Hanharr, the Exile, and HK all show normal walking motions rather than the bounding gait of zero- or low-gee.) When imprisoned, a prisoner usually finds it difficult to contact underlings or associates. This makes it is unlikely that N. had help from outer-space in escaping the planet. (The existence of his apprentices at this point is not confirmed, so suggesting that they were responsible for his liberation would be another assumption.) Since N. has no way to arrange naval help in lifting the Ravager, it is almost a moot point to observe that the Star Wars galaxy has yet to show technology capable of lifting a ship from the surface of a planet using a tractor beam. Not only can N. not get into space to position a tractor beam, there is no evidence that one strong enough to do this job exists.

Since there is no indication that the job could be done technologically, the only possibility is that N. himself was the one to lift the Ravager. The quote supports this facet of the feat as well; each action is attributed directly to our Sith Lord. The wording isn't "N.'s minions used it to escape imprisonment" but " used it to escape imprisonment." That last bit is even written in the active voice, redoubling the emphasis on the agent behind the feat.

Every bit of both the wording and what we know about the universe suggest that the feat was accomplished via the Force.

Dr McBeefington

Gideon
The phrasing of the sentence itself doesn't quite cut it. I'm sure I could compile dozens (perhaps hundreds) of scholarly sources that would say something to the effect of "Hitler shoved his way into Russia, marching towards Stalingrad", but Adolf himself wasn't actually present.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>