Physical Torture VS Emotion Torture

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Urizen
Which one is worse?

I'd say Physical Torture, he's why:

1) Emotion Torture- Been through it most of my life. But lucky for me, I snapped outta that shit. Point is, emotion torture consists of duration. Depression or suicidal thoughts usually span over a very long time, but there is always a minute or moment where the person can seek help, snap out of it, pull themselves back up. Is emotion torture horrible? OFCOURSE, I would know. But I feel it is more BEARABLE than Physical Torture.

2)Physical Torture- Is more immediate pain and duration usually makes less of a difference. Also physical torture is more senseless. As where emotional torture has its reasoning and development behind its existance, physical torture happens for no logical reason. It is a sudden attack whether brought on by another person, a disease, an animal, etc. I believe physical torture is immediately more unbearable, and there is no ESCAPE (other than morphine or unconciousness).

I dont know guys, what do you think ?

Soleran
um call me crazy but don't they coincide.......................especially since they are all linked to one's consciousness.

Alpha Centauri
I've seen some things that still make me feel terrible even today, and they happened years ago. I also had a terrible accident years ago, unbearable pain, but it doesn't bother me now, naturally.

Conversely, I'd rather have someone saying hurtful things to me than someone chopping my hand off.

I guess it depends.

-AC

Lord Urizen
Yep I agree here.

To me, although emotional pain can drive one insane, physical pain can make someone ever crazier.

When you are under emotional pain, lets say you lack self esteem, self hatred, or depression, etc.

When you realize that IRRATIONALITY of this state of mind, it can help you come out of it and progress normally.

But Physical Torture? You have no control over that, it is INFLICTED upon YOU.....you have no way to get out of it other than someone else's intervention. And physical torture is always more immediate.

Like you said, I would rather be upset or depressed or even suicidal than subject to unreasonable physical torture (like Hostel for example lolol)

Punker69
Emotional torture.

Phoenix2001
Perhaps neither one of you have ever been under enough emmtional distress. I'm sure if either of you were depressed enough, or suicidal enough, then you would inflict physical pain/torture so that you could feel something else.

Lord Urizen
No Pheonix, i never was pushed to physically harm myself.

But i did undergo HORRIBLE depression for years. This was inspired by a lack of any self esteem, loneliness, and self-hatred.

One time i ****ed up my eyebrows, i was 14, i cut my eyebrow hairs in an attempt to make myself look "more attractive" i totally ****ed em up, and it took 2 years to grow back the way it was before.

I was always insecure about this mole i had on my arm, so i once took a scissor and cut it off, it was horribly painful, and i have a scar from this.

One time i thought about purposely breaking my nose so i could ahve an excuse for my parents to pay for a nosejob...

You have NO IDEA what kind of horrible and irrational emotional torment i was in between ages 13-17.

No amount of praying, no amount of going to Church, no amount of any kind of outside help cured me.

When I was 18 years old, i became a LOT better looking. I was treated differently by people, and i also sort of "snapped" out of this phase.

Today I look back and wondor how IRRATIONAL i was...what kind of Hell i existed in within myself.

AS bad as this is.....i would rather go back there then undergo intense physical torture....

Cutting yourself? slitting ur wrists....i beleive that is just the SURFACE of torture....

I am talking about unspeakable physical torture (like Hostel examples)

TO ME...that is the most SENSELESS and horrifying version of Hell.

Alpha Centauri
Also, physical torture, like it or not, is appealing to many people.

Most people have or will have thoughts of torture. Be it inflicting or having it inflicted upon them, or just casually wondering what either one would be like.

I know I have. I'd never go out and do it, nor do I hope it ever happens to me, but I have often wondered what it'd be like on either end.

-AC

Phoenix2001
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
No Pheonix, i never was pushed to physically harm myself.

But i did undergo HORRIBLE depression for years. This was inspired by a lack of any self esteem, loneliness, and self-hatred.

One time i ****ed up my eyebrows, i was 14, i cut my eyebrow hairs in an attempt to make myself look "more attractive" i totally ****ed em up, and it took 2 years to grow back the way it was before.

I was always insecure about this mole i had on my arm, so i once took a scissor and cut it off, it was horribly painful, and i have a scar from this.

One time i thought about purposely breaking my nose so i could ahve an excuse for my parents to pay for a nosejob...

You have NO IDEA what kind of horrible and irrational emotional torment i was in between ages 13-17.

No amount of praying, no amount of going to Church, no amount of any kind of outside help cured me.

When I was 18 years old, i became a LOT better looking. I was treated differently by people, and i also sort of "snapped" out of this phase.

Today I look back and wondor how IRRATIONAL i was...what kind of Hell i existed in within myself.

AS bad as this is.....i would rather go back there then undergo intense physical torture....

Cutting yourself? slitting ur wrists....i beleive that is just the SURFACE of torture....

I am talking about unspeakable physical torture (like Hostel examples)

TO ME...that is the most SENSELESS and horrifying version of Hell.

As long as you're humbled I guess it really doesn't matter that you may have taken your insecurity, that everyone else has experienced, or is experiencing, to a harsher level. In that case, you were just putting the stress on yourself by influencing yourself into thinking you were unattractive, whether some girl told you that or not, your emmotional distress was all in your doing.

debbiejo
I guess I'd pick emotions, don't know why.....Maybe cause I could think myself somewhere else.........and it won't hurt......I hate pain.......and besides I'm used to it already.

Rapscallion
physical torture is worse because it is easier to inflict. It is easy for someone to put me in alot of pain if they mangled my arm with a chain saw. But I don't know what they could say to me that would cause an equal amount of pain.

lil bitchiness
As its been already said, the two tend to coinside.

A severe physical torture will leave psychological scars which may never heal.
A emotional torture is also damaging - its damanging to the mind and it is very difficult and in places impossible to heal.

Aziz!
Both seem to work great.

debbiejo
I mean think about it, what if someone was peeling your skin off slowly........ sad

There was a Boris Karloff movie like that......

Phoenix2001
It can go both ways I guess.

dave_kodak
wow well im guna say that i believe that Emotion Torture can crush u so much more, the feelings get messed with then the mind does, and the mind is not something u want messed with.
for then u cna go about killing many people and its all cuz ur crazy for someones love.

Soleran
Wow this thread is one gigantic I need help becuase I KNOW pain baby, quickly somone drop this thread into a dr phil forum!

Great Vengeance
Physical torture is worse...

People who think emotional torture is bad, would quickly change their minds once they were under real physical torture.

debbiejo
I feel a strong mind could withstand some emotions/mental tortures, but I could be wrong.......

BTW, this was my fear in the "Fear thread"........Torture.... sad

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by debbiejo
I feel a strong mind could withstand some emotions/mental tortures, but I could be wrong.......

BTW, this was my fear in the "Fear thread"........Torture.... sad

Yeah exactly, emotional torture is near useless against somone with a strong mind. And even if you have a weak mind, emotional torture isnt *that* bad compared to the horrors of physical torture.

Soleran
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
Yeah exactly, emotional torture is near useless against somone with a strong mind. And even if you have a weak mind, emotional torture isnt *that* bad compared to the horrors of physical torture.

For you apparently.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Soleran
For you apparently.

Whats that supposed to mean? no expression

Soleran
Whats that supposed to mean? no expression

I just meant thats your opinion on what would be worse.

debbiejo
Well what can a person do emotionally to another person that knows how the mind works????.........You would know how to handle it better IMO.........Cause you would know it's a mind game and protect yourself from it with visualisations.

Soleran
oh I don't know, like not hurt you and destroy people you care about and make you watch it is one way.

Tangible God
And that's worse than having your fingernails slowly ripped out while you're forced to watch? I think people would sooner crack under this kind of torture than emotional torture.

Soleran
Originally posted by Tangible God
And that's worse than having your fingernails slowly ripped out while you're forced to watch? I think people would sooner crack under this kind of torture than emotional torture.

Maybe, it would seem you would. Tell that to a mother protecting her children.

debbiejo
oh I don't know, like not hurt you and destroy people you care about and make you watch it is one way. Ohhhhhhh never thought of that........... sad

History did do that too.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Phoenix2001
As long as you're humbled I guess it really doesn't matter that you may have taken your insecurity, that everyone else has experienced, or is experiencing, to a harsher level. In that case, you were just putting the stress on yourself by influencing yourself into thinking you were unattractive, whether some girl told you that or not, your emmotional distress was all in your doing.

NOPE NOPE......

I was this skinny, really dark, big headed dorky little kid.

At 14 I looked like I was fkn 8 years old.

EVERYONE thought i was ugly at this age.....EVERYONE....i was insulted on a daily basis....dude, like i sed u really have no idea what my social childhood was like.

It affected me to SUCH an extant.....it WAS emotion Hell, a type i NEVER chose to inflict upon myself, SO NO

you are wrong about that.

Lord Urizen

I totally agree.

I've been through emotional torture.

If you made me choose between suffering emotional torture and physical torture?

I'd go through emotional torture ALL OVER AGAIN rather than endure one minute of extreme physical pain.

debbiejo
Anyting different.........brown eyes.........Oh.......that's history........

Lord Urizen
huh ?

Mindship
Hmm...what are my choices?

Going through, say, what Natalee Holloway's mom is going through, not knowing, for a year now, what happened to her child, not even knowing if she really is dead...

Or

Having my teeth drilled w/o novocaine.

Jeez...

Lord Urizen
How about this..........

And please EXCUSE the Severity of this example, but:

You have to CHOOSE one of these situations of suffering:

1) Emotional- your entire family dies. At the same time. For whatever reason.

2) You awake to find yourself in a chamber tied up by chains in a "hostel" looking room.

The man who has you captive is going to torture you using Drills and heavy scissors.

He will torture you as creatively and as unmercifully as he can, for hours. HE won't kill you ...he won't drill or cut where it is immediately fatal and in your most sensitive areas.

He will cut off skin and muscle, drill through any non lethal orphace he chooses, etc.

Pick your fate.......?

Lord Urizen
* Sorry....i meant he WILL cut and drill your most sensitive areas *

PINBALL
Physical cause it actually causes pain...

Great Vengeance

2) You awake to find yourself in a chamber tied up by chains in a "hostel" looking room.

The man who has you captive is going to torture you using Drills and heavy scissors.

He will torture you as creatively and as unmercifully as he can, for hours. HE won't kill you ...he won't drill or cut where it is immediately fatal and in your most sensitive areas.

He will cut off skin and muscle, drill through any non lethal orphace he chooses, etc.

That is like everyones worst possible nightmare. No one is going to willingly go through that.....I dont care how strong-willed you are.

debbiejo
Horror movies.....Stop watching horror movie.

Leo.M
Emotional torture, it hurts more then anything sad

PrincessMary
Emotional torture would be worse, I would think...don't ask me why, I just think I would prefer to be beaten daily rather than be verbally abused each day.

tabby999
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I've seen some things that still make me feel terrible even today, and they happened years ago. I also had a terrible accident years ago, unbearable pain, but it doesn't bother me now, naturally.

Conversely, I'd rather have someone saying hurtful things to me than someone chopping my hand off.

I guess it depends.

-AC

i second that emotion. but in the end its all down to the moment really...

Soleran
How about this..........

And please EXCUSE the Severity of this example, but:

You have to CHOOSE one of these situations of suffering:

1) Emotional- your entire family dies. At the same time. For whatever reason.

Pick your fate.......?

OR make the emotional pain and paint as good of a picture as you just did with the physical...............ie all your friends and loved ones are sitting in a room and can see you and you can see them.

Then you have to watch and listen to the scream and horror of all of them suffering the same fate you presented on the physical torture level. This is with children, old people you name it. Then give you psychotropic drugs and condition you to believe you are suffering unbelievable amounts of pain everyday!

In my opinion, psychological is FAR worse, you can live alot longer and take alot more punishment. Physical torture will kill you eventually and probably sooner then mental anguish/suffering.

This is just a disturbing thread all together.

Lord Urizen
OR make the emotional pain and paint as good of a picture as you just did with the physical...............ie all your friends and loved ones are sitting in a room and can see you and you can see them.

Then you have to watch and listen to the scream and horror of all of them suffering the same fate you presented on the physical torture level. This is with children, old people you name it. Then give you psychotropic drugs and condition you to believe you are suffering unbelievable amounts of pain everyday!

In my opinion, psychological is FAR worse, you can live alot longer and take alot more punishment. Physical torture will kill you eventually and probably sooner then mental anguish/suffering.

This is just a disturbing thread all together.

Yeah that is pretty unbearable.

Unimaginably torturous to have to WATCH that.......ughhhhhhhhh sick

Physical torture won't kill you if it's only administered through certain bodyparts though.

But you have a solid point.

Now I am starting to think that they ar both EQUAL.......

debbiejo
I agree watching and hearing ones you care about suffer is far worse...especially if it was happening everyday, and you had to endure that memory forever.

I'm sad now...............*goes away* sad

Lord Urizen
Yeah either situation results in a similar response:

"Stop It..STOP IT..STOP IT....STOP IT STOP IT STOPPPP IT !!!!"

Dude111
I would say EMOTIONAL TORTURE.....

I have been dealing with Mental torture all my life...... It stays with you and doesnt go away. PHYSICAL TORTURE you can usually recover from.....

Mental Torture can affect your heart and soul.........

Putinbot1
Both can make people cum.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.